CompUSA Red Star Inventory Blowout B&M YMMV

little_krampy

CAGiversary!
CompUSA has been clearancing some inventory for some time now. I don't know if this is a new promo that I stumbled upon or not. But I noticed on the website there is a red star thing going on right now where you save an additional 25% off the clearance price. AND you can check your local stores inventory online! Just looking through a few Wisconsin stores...which I'm not even close to unfortunately...I see some nice deals on hardware. Just thought I'd mention this so hopefully some of you CAGs can score some nice deals.

Link to store selection page
- Select your state
- then on the next page click on "See this store's listing of blowout items"

Examples from Brookfield location:
Norwood P42BSAT 42-inch Plasma EDTV $899.98 - $225.00 = $674.98 (2 in stock)
Game Boy Advance SP, Onyx $49.98 - $12.50 = $37.48 (2 in stock)
GameCube, Platinum Limited Edition $74.98 - $18.75 = $56.23 (4 in stock)

Examples from Madison location:
Magnavox 15MF150V/37 15-inch LCD TV $249.98 - $62.50 = $187.48 (2 in stock)
Xbox Console $99.98 - $25.00 = $74.98 (2 in stock)

Just looking through some other stores I've seen some of the following:
GB Micro Black for $69.98 - $17.50 = $52.48
DS Electric Blue for $119.98 - $30 = $89.98
PS2 Slimline for $129.98 - $32.50 = $97.48
PSP for $179.98 - $45 = $134.98

Might want to try using this too
$10 off $100 purchase

Not seeing anything of interest at the san diego CUSAs... 10% still. I'll have to stop by grossmont & kearny mesa around wednesday to see if anything's progressed.

Picked up Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (only one) from CUSA @ Duluth GA last week for $13.48 after discounts... They have a few Quake 4 (2) Prey Collectors Edition and (1) Madden 06 on the clearance rack. Not much else, I'm waiting for more discounts. Anyone seen anything at the other metro Atlanta CUSA's?

[quote name='shieryda']PDZ Collector's Edition and Kameo each for $19.99 - that's hot, too![/QUOTE]

I got my PDZ: CE and Kameo as well as PGR3 for $20/each early in the school year on CompUSA and Circuit City's websites on the same day so this isn't the first or probably last time this deal will be up, but if you've been wanting them, then this is the perfect opportunity.

Grand Rapids had Quake 4 19.99 -10%

I picked up the last NBA 2k6 (360) for 9 something after the 10% off.

I'm going to wait though and hope I can get a couple of others games once they get some better deals.

[quote name='sallyballs']Everything is being clearances at varying percentages off. There is no longer a list online (at least for the stores I looked for by googling "COMPUSA blowout ").

I went to the CompUSAs on Route 17 in Paramus, NJ and saw a nice selection of games at craptacular prices. One had Dungeion Seige (PSP) marked at $54.99.

What was even funnier, at least in my sick and angry opinion, is when I had to use their bathroom (had some bad Taco Bell for lunch) their toilet wouldn't flush.:hot: :hot: :hot: I guess its my going away present.....[/quote]

lol I was just there saturday, there wasnt ****, Im thinking about going back in a week or two see if they drop anymore.

Mine..........:roll:

lamexy8.jpg

That's $5 off each game. You can just buy from Amazon and pay no tax and you'll get a similar deal. NOT HOT. Gimme some steam bitches.

[quote name='klezmer41']That's $5 off each game. You can just buy from Amazon and pay no tax and you'll get a similar deal. NOT HOT. Gimme some steam bitches.[/quote]

I agree that 10% off is not really a deal. But you can buy these games at 10% off and not wait for it to be shipped out to you from Amazon. I guess it works out for those who are impatient.

Not all CompUSA stores are at 10% off video games. There's a store here in the Chicago burbs that is at 40%, but the selection is crap from when they dropped to 20%. When your local CompUSA drops to 20% that a good time to start considering making those game purchases you've been eyeing. They may not make it to 40%.

I was in a store today Sawmill Rd., Columbus, OH) and I believe I overheard some employees talking about all the sign changes they had tomorrow...may be hearing what I want to hear...

At the CompUSA here in Long Beach, CA games are 30% off...

I'm still waiting for that to get pushed a little higher because most of the prices after discount are still pretty meh.

[quote name='Dandruff5']At the CompUSA here in Long Beach, CA games are 30% off...

I'm still waiting for that to get pushed a little higher because most of the prices after discount are still pretty meh.[/quote]

Good luck finding anything if the discount drops any further!

Still 10% off games at Monroeville, PA.

However, picked up Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror (PSP) for $14.98 - 10% off. Very nice deal. The price was marked on the tag, no indication of clearance or anything.

Random deals like this are why I'll miss this place...

Columbus, OH at the Easton store is still 10% off... I went in there and everything was 5-10%, hell I couldnt find anything at 20% besides monitor cables. Still who will pay 30$ for a monitor cable. If any1 actually sees a sale going on at one of these overpriced stores post please! Its not worth my while to keep checking in on the store. Hell if it goes to 40% you might be able to get a knock off 42" plasma for under 1000$ that most stores sell them for.

[quote name='little_krampy']Link to store selection page
- Select your state
- then on the next page click on "See this store's listing of blowout items"
PS2 Slimline for $129.98 - $32.50 = $97.48

Might want to try using this too
$10 off $100 purchase[/quote]I'm one of the few people w/o a DVD player [aside from my computer] so I'd pick up a PS2 for that price and finally but the link doesn't work I can't see what items my store has on clearance.

[quote name='xsirxx']Columbus, OH at the Easton store is still 10% off... I went in there and everything was 5-10%, hell I couldnt find anything at 20% besides monitor cables. Still who will pay 30$ for a monitor cable. If any1 actually sees a sale going on at one of these overpriced stores post please! Its not worth my while to keep checking in on the store. Hell if it goes to 40% you might be able to get a knock off 42" plasma for under 1000$ that most stores sell them for.[/quote]

Exactly. And you wonder why they're closing the stores...

yeah lot of blu-ray movies, Bluetooth headset is 20% off but cellphone is 30% off , game is still 10 % off boo hoo

[quote name='7dustfan']I picked up Top Spin 2 and Enchanted Arms today for $17.49 each. Both were on clearance for $34.99 with 50% off.[/quote]

50% off? which store?

Hi guys. Just signed up for CAG today. Nice to meet you.

CompUSA in Clear Lake, TX (suburb of Houston) is going through store closing too. As of last weekend the games were only 10% off though.

[quote name='MikeC']Hi guys. Just signed up for CAG today. Nice to meet you.

CompUSA in Clear Lake, TX (suburb of Houston) is going through store closing too. As of last weekend the games were only 10% off though.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the party dude.

[quote name='nikelecious']50% off? which store?[/QUOTE]

It was the Columbia, MD store. It's one of the stores that's not closing.

I just got back from the Rockville, MD store and there wasn't much there. Games were 10%. On a side note they had a large stack of 27" LCD TV's for $550, kinda high...but they didn't look like they are going anywhere...I hope to upgrade to one for maybe around $300 or less later...need hi-def. gaming. Overall selection was high and discounts were not that great.

I can get Resident Evil DS ($19.99) and Lunar Knights ($29.99) @ 10% off. Is RE any good? I'm not sure about getting Lunar Knights because I fear it might be another title that fades into obscurity and might be impossible to find in 5-6 months from now...

Stopped by the Melbourne store this afternoon:

15% off computer games
10% of game consoles/games
15% OFF TV'S
15% off networking
30% OFF CABLES
30% game guides
5% OFF APPLE PRODUCTS

10% off just about everything else... people were looking around but no one was buying...

[quote name='Ctl-Alt-l33t']I can get Resident Evil DS ($19.99) and Lunar Knights ($29.99) @ 10% off. Is RE any good? I'm not sure about getting Lunar Knights because I fear it might be another title that fades into obscurity and might be impossible to find in 5-6 months from now...[/quote]
I haven't heard anything remotely good about Lunar Knights. Hell, I passed when it was $10 at Fry's & TRU.

PS, everyone - Burbank store is still 10%. F that.

They really arent tryin hard to follow all their damn signs "everything must go" well aint nothin goin at 10% off...which is still like 5% over most retail prices

Anyone seen any good deals on mouses for the PC at the CompUSA in Burbank or around the LA County? I'mma friggin need a new mouse, my MX518 is disconnecting randomly, pretty much a sign of a dying mouse :/

Modesto, CA is 10-30 percent off, with 75 percent of things being 10 percent off. Some PC stuff like psu and cases are 30 percent and PC games are 15 percent but console games are still 10 percent. Nothing really worth buying yet as it's still overpriced and no returns.

[quote name='7dustfan']It was the Columbia, MD store. It's one of the stores that's not closing.[/QUOTE]

Anything else to report back from Columbia? I'm coming home this weekend from college, so I will try to pick up the leftovers, I guess. :lol:

Too bad the Red Star Inventory list doesn't show up in the store locator. I remember getting awesome deals on a GBA Micro and the 2-pack of PS2 memory cards... Good times...

[quote name='imacgod']Anything else to report back from Columbia? I'm coming home this weekend from college, so I will try to pick up the leftovers, I guess. :lol:

Too bad the Red Star Inventory list doesn't show up in the store locator. I remember getting awesome deals on a GBA Micro and the 2-pack of PS2 memory cards... Good times...[/QUOTE]

Nothing really special, but they had a few decent games. They are on a rack in front of the regular game section. I mainly went looking for Top Spin 2 so I didn't look at much else but I remember a few.

Top Spin 2 (Xbox 360) - 3 left I think
Enchanted Arms w/ Graphic Novel - 1, maybe 2 left
Tiger Woods 06 (Xbox 360) - 2 or 3 left
Phantasy Star Universe (PS2) - 3 or more

They also had a mix of other Xbox and PS2 titles that I didn't really look at as well as some guides and PC games. These were all on the 50% off rack. I don't remember seeing a sign on the rack though. I didn't find out about the 50% off until I went to pay for Top Spin 2, then I went back and grabbed Enchanted Arms.

[quote name='Vegan']I haven't heard anything remotely good about Lunar Knights. Hell, I passed when it was $10 at Fry's & TRU.
[/quote]

:???:

I think you're confusing Lunar Knights with the Lunar: Dragon Song game.

Lunar Knights just got released last month, reviews are very positive:

IGN 8.2 - http://ds.ign.com/articles/762/762630p1.html

Gamespot 8.4 - http://www.gamespot.com/ds/adventur...clk=multimodule&tag=multimodule;picks;title;8

Metacritic 82 - http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ds/lunarknights

[quote name='Ctl-Alt-l33t']:???:

I think you're confusing Lunar Knights with the Lunar: Dragon Song game.

Lunar Knights just got released last month, reviews are very positive:

IGN 8.2 - http://ds.ign.com/articles/762/762630p1.html

Gamespot 8.4 - http://www.gamespot.com/ds/adventure/lunarknights/review.html?sid=6165961&om_act=convert&om_clk=multimodule&tag=multimodule;picks;title;8

Metacritic 82 - http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ds/lunarknights[/quote]

You're right, I did confuse it. Oops!

Nevermind....

I went a week ago to my nearby Comp in Braintree, MA; most stuff was 10%.

Anyone swing by the one in Braintree, MA this week?
If so, anyone know the percentages off??

Namely, anything bigger percentage-wise off the PC games....?

I live close to the Brighton store. As of Friday, they were still 10% off software.

I hope everyone who is out to buy realizes that, with CompUSA pricing, we'll most likely have to wait until 50% before there are any good deals to speak of.
Sadly, I'm afraid much of the general population can't do math, or doesn't check NewEgg.com for the same hardware.

I checked the one near me last night. Most everything, incl all new games are 10% off. I did notice most of the Apple stuff was gone, and the discounts on what was left were not that deep.

A bunch of stuff from my store is gone. Half the PC games, Most if not all of the console games are still there. Still at 10-30 percent off. I think I'm going to stop bothering checking, not worth the effort.

i came from the edison store and the one off route 22 east in NJ, still 10% off for console stuff and 15% off for pc games.

the main thing that caught my eyes was for a new pc case and lucky enough thoses were at 30% off and still had a few brand new ones at the stores. but i'll still wait for it to drop more to get more stuff heh.

I was at the Troy, MI store and games were 10% off and they had 10 - 15% off of HDTV's. Even with 15% off a HDTV, the prices are about the same as everyone else's. Nobody with common sense will buy a set at those prices when you can't return it if it's defective. I wouldn't even look at one unless it was 50% off. The store may be closing, but not the chain (at least for now).

Mine does have a couple nice HDTV's left, and the prices with 15% off are not bad...granted another 15% and they will be steals though. They do have some new models, other stroes are still trying to pass off last years models.

Anything that says Aquos, Bravia, or SXRD are good deals. I'm watching the 24" Gateway LCD screens myself...

I went today though and there were no additional discounts. They are selling stuff unfortunately...

Sawmill store, Columbus, OH)

bread's done
Back