Consolidated Ghostbusters preorder & in-store deals

h3llbring3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
58 (100%)
boxes.gif

IGN review 8.0/10

Wal-Mart:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preorder from Walmart / Sam's Club and get this in game gold [/FONT]Lancer[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] proton pack. The gold proton pack shows the world you can hunt ghosts in
style.
[/FONT]Preorder from Walmart

BestBuy:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preorder from Best Buy and you can choose to play as either [/FONT]Bill Murray's older brother the[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Mayor or the [/FONT]Smoker Zombie[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Ghoul. It was only a matter of time before the ghostbusters made the paranormal part of the team. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preorder from Best Buy[/FONT]

noname.gif

GameStop [DEADish]:

• In-Store 30% used game trade in bonus towards this title.
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preorder from GameStop and get an exclusive Ghostbusters T-Shirt[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] In game alternate suit (color). Available for online and in-store customers, while supplies last.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] $10 Movie cash[/FONT]
[quote name='rodieremix']also counts toward their movie promo where you get free $10 movie cash.[/QUOTE]
Preorder from GameStop now

Game Crazy Ghostbusters preorder deal:
Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us.
The Stay-Puft Marshmellow Man.
Pre-order Ghostbusters and receive a free Stay Puft Marshmellow Man Figure. Offer good while supplies last.
pre_ghostbusters.jpg

Also, eligible for $30 with the trade in of select games towards Ghostbusters:
Thanks Seventh_sage
Details:

[quote name='seventh_sage']I received an e-mail from Game Crazy saying that not only do you get the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man Figure for pre-ordering but if you trade in any of the following games you get $30 credit (as long as you trade them in towards the purchase of the Ghostbusters game):

• Animal crossing: city folk
  • bionic commando
  • cod:waw (ps3, 360)
  • chronicles of riddick: dark athena
  • fallout 3, fear 2: project orgin,
  • fuel the godfather 2
  • halo wars
  • infamous
  • killzone 2
  • left 4 dead
  • little big planet
  • mad world
  • mario kart (wii)
  • mk vs dc
  • prototype
  • punch-out
  • re5
  • street fighter 4
  • super smash bros brawl
[/QUOTE]

Target:
Preorder is eligible for the $5 giftcard deal.

Toys R' Us:
$20 Gift Card with in-store purchase

Amazon:
Has the ridiculous exclusive "Slimer Edition" bundle.
$129.99
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Included in the Slimer Edition:
[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] An exclusive 10" Slimer bust designed and created by the original movie sculptor, Steve Johnson. Comes complete with a certificate of authenticity signed by the sculptor himself. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Exclusive Ghostbusters Minimates. Only available with the Slimer Edition. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Exclusive Ghostbusters Gamer Graffix Console Skins. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Exclusive Ecto 1 Key Chain with lights and sound.[/FONT]

minimates.jpg

4105fj8eooL._SS350_.jpg

slimerfigure.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Evolved']I don't know who you were talking about nor do I care but if you have an issue with something someone said you should address that person directly.

Secondly, I went to three Best Buy stores in two different states and was denied at all three locations. And they all said the exact same thing, "we don't price match free offers".[/QUOTE]

Seems you have to be really persistent with these people. 2 out of 3 were willing to price match for me, and 2 out of 3 were willing to let me buy it yesterday. From now on I'm bringing a print out of their policy on price matching if I'm going to pick up anything that should be adjusted. The girl who ended up price matching for me apologized about the store that wouldn't, and told me why he might not have. Basically if he doesn't want to, he doesn't have to. Uhh... why is it on their site for the public to read then? Why do they promise price matching in the first place? She also said that if that store isn't showing good numbers they won't price matching ANYTHING, but if the store is doing good they don't care as much.

You unfortunately have to be prepared with Best Buy. Have your cell phone on hand and their PM policy printed out (link is in my above post) and be prepared to call corporate while waiting in line at the register/customer service desk.

Aporter727 you seriously need to get the store numbers for the stores (or remember the cities they're in) that treated you so poorly and report them to corporate. You'll likely get a $20 gift card per incident. You are also correct and the last corporate person to talk to me also said stores will refuse price matches if they're numbers are bad even though its technically against the rules.

[quote name='MSUHitman']You unfortunately have to be prepared with Best Buy. Have your cell phone on hand and their PM policy printed out (link is in my above post) and be prepared to call corporate while waiting in line at the register/customer service desk.

Aporter727 you seriously need to get the store numbers for the stores (or remember the cities they're in) that treated you so poorly and report them to corporate. You'll likely get a $20 gift card per incident. You are also correct and the last corporate person to talk to me also said stores will refuse price matches if they're numbers are bad even though its technically against the rules.[/QUOTE]

You've motivated me to take action. Will corporate hassle me like their employees do though?

I can't believe some people have nothing better to do than fight with stores over a game and a few dollars.

That said the game is awesome, the logo from gamestop on the cover sucks and bustin on the wii is like a wet dream come true.

[quote name='Ecto311']I can't believe some people have nothing better to do than fight with stores over a game and a few dollars.

That said the game is awesome, the logo from gamestop on the cover sucks and bustin on the wii is like a wet dream come true.[/QUOTE]

I do have plenty better to do, and that's the whole point of my story - I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO FIGHT FOR SOMETHING THAT IS MADE CLEAR ON THEIR WEBSITE!

And as for it being a few dollars... it's 20 fucking dollars, is that really a few dollars to you? You do realize your on CHEAPASSGAMER.com right?

[quote name='aporter727']I do have plenty better to do, and that's the whole point of my story - I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO FIGHT FOR SOMETHING THAT IS MADE CLEAR ON THEIR WEBSITE!

And as for it being a few dollars... it's 20 fucking dollars, is that really a few dollars to you? You do realize your on CHEAPASSGAMER.com right?[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about that, glad that you finally found one that would do it. I just flirted with the girl, she checked with her manager and $20 taken off, then $35 of Rewardzone certificates dropped it to $5 plus tax!

They should honor pricematching though, wasn't one of their recent TV commercials talking about pricematching?

[quote name='DGenerateKane']Anyone else's codes not work?! WTF is this crap?[/QUOTE]

What version do you have? My PS3 version from Best Buy (pre-ordered) worked just after midnight Eastern.

[quote name='Stealthcat']What version do you have? My PS3 version from Best Buy (pre-ordered) worked just after midnight Eastern.[/QUOTE]

Xbox 360 Best Buy code.... not working still.

BEST BUY in ny sucks, sinc CC went out of business they are doing whatever they want here.
please help others by:

scan your BB receipt with the pm price on ur game, or if you email anyone in corporate show a copy, or if you call someone, what was the number? who was the person you spoke to?
we must show them proofs so that they stop being assholes here..
Please help everyone, they want to read the policy as they like... if they see other stores are doing the pm, they would see that they are acting against corporate policy..
anyway thanks!

[quote name='aporter727']Xbox 360 Best Buy code.... not working still.[/QUOTE]

Hm...is it something with Live? I've heard it will be fixed by tomorrow for Xbox 360.

[quote name='Evolved']I don't know who you were talking about nor do I care but if you have an issue with something someone said you should address that person directly.

Secondly, I went to three Best Buy stores in two different states and was denied at all three locations. And they all said the exact same thing, "we don't price match free offers".[/QUOTE]

While I find it interesting that you found it to be a very personal shot at yourself, it wasn't. This is one of the few threads at CAG I'm interested in (it's Ghostbusters, reason enough for me) and this "problem" really doesn't only affect you. If you wanted to think that, go for it. But this is a problem that doesn't exist only for YOU. Get over yourself, please. I meant it as a general comment.

Also, I've had these kind of situations that I'm describing, happen to me. I got nervous and never took up some of the deals on this site. A LOT of them I regret. I don't intend for that to happen ever again. I'd rather not see some regulars on CAG get scared, just because some things didn't go positively for some people. It happens. Ignore it and move on. I've had great deals too, like PMing the $10 BB ad to Wal-Mart. Managed to chop over $130 off on Pure x2 and Infinite Undiscovery. I relish that and want others to have the same experiences.

[quote name='aporter727']You've motivated me to take action. Will corporate hassle me like their employees do though?[/QUOTE]

The manager at BB would not PM the TRU deal for me but when I called corporate they had no problem with it and are sending me a $20 GC...took less than a minute with the Customer Service, the guy looked up my purchase via Reward Zone card

[quote name='aporter727']

And as for it being a few dollars... it's 20 fucking dollars, is that really a few dollars to you? You do realize your on CHEAPASSGAMER.com right?[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU! AMEN!

Seriously though, do people not understand we are in a recession? As horrible as it sounds, I try to save as much as I can these days, and as we all know, gaming is not a cheap hobby. Hell, $20 is almost a full-tank of gas for me...

I got the price match yesterday. Here's how I did it. See if it works for you.

First print out the ad from TRU.com and Best Buy's in store PM policy.

I took the game up to the customer service counter, not the regular check out.

I then told the woman that I knew they did a price match and I wanted it on Ghostbusters. She said, we sure do do price matches, where did you find it cheaper.

I then showed her the ad, and she replied, "Oh, we don't match free offers."

I then said, "Well, I checked on your website and this is what it says about gift cards included in other offers." I then showed her the print out of Best Buy's policy and read it to her regarding what to do if a competitor's offer has a gift card.

After that I said, "So, I didn't know if you guys would include a gift card at the 59.99 price or if it would just be 39.99."

She then took my print out, showed it to the manager and gave me the 39.99 price.

I walked out a happy customer.

If you're going to try and get the price match, just look like a regular happy best buy customer. Don't try to ram their policy down their throat right off the bat. Take small steps at a time. If you go in waving their policy in the air saying this is what I want to happen, they're going to be offended personally and not give it to you, just because of their gut feelings. If you take small steps and make them go through the logic themselves, they'll probably be more likely to give it to you.

Good luck and move quick on this if you want it. The TRU offer is only good through the 20th.

EDIT:

Here is the link to Best Buy's policy...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...=cat10011&contentId=1118843518460&id=cat12098

While it does say...

"Exclusions:
The Price Guarantee does not apply to our or our competitors' free offers, limited-quantity items, items for sale Thanksgiving day through the Saturday after Thanksgiving, open-box items, clearance items, Outlet Center items, mail-in offers, financing, bundle offers or pricing errors."

It also states...

"How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?
The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer."

Make sure you point out that second section.

[quote name='aporter727']You've motivated me to take action. Will corporate hassle me like their employees do though?[/QUOTE]

They shouldn't, and when you get your survey via email to fill out if you fill it out as bad you'll get a call from the executive customer service and get their direct number as I did over a BB situation last fall.

[quote name='MSUHitman']They shouldn't, and when you get your survey via email to fill out if you fill it out as bad you'll get a call from the executive customer service and get their direct number as I did over a BB situation last fall.[/QUOTE]

I called and filed a complaint with consumer relations. She would not compensate me in any way possible. Did I go about it wrong?

yeah!! secondr try was a success..!
i went to my local bb on tues. and was rejected twice, i couldn't get them to pm.
today i called the customer service number 1888... in the store locator page intheir site, and they call me back and told me that they were pricematching this GB offer from TRU, i told her the ppl in my BB(bay pkwy, brooklyn) didn't want to listen and were following their own made up policies, she said she would call and inform the manager.
ok 4 hrs later, i go to bb, grabbed a copy and head to the register, the cashier lady was firm saying that they dont pm gift cards that are free. so then, i went on with everythin i said before, i call CS and that they agreed w me, i showed her the number and without sayin a word she pricedmatch my game and accepted gift cards($15) i had from reward zon and i end up w a $24 game. no need to put 20 more for bb gift card. awesome!

[quote name='aporter727']I called and filed a complaint with consumer relations. She would not compensate me in any way possible. Did I go about it wrong?[/QUOTE]

Is BB really worth all this ? I just try and stay away from the $h!t hole.

[quote name='tightclaws']Is BB really worth all this ? I just try and stay away from the $h!t hole.[/QUOTE]

They're really not worth all the hassle, but if there is any way I can help with getting them in line with their price matching policies in the Philadelphia area, I will.

BB customer service has been mixed for me online and in-store. i kinda quit going to the B&M stores unless there's some in-store sale. it's just not worth it anymore. as for their website, i had horrible run arounds involving an order. their phone CSR is a joke. sigh

[quote name='aporter727']They're really not worth all the hassle, but if there is any way I can help with getting them in line with their price matching policies in the Philadelphia area, I will.[/QUOTE]
That's what's so frustrating about this, there is no clear cut policy and each store can do whatever it wants.

The point of a chain store is that they should all offer the same services. A store in PA should be the same as a store in FL and CA.

I'm in the Philly area as well (West Chester).

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']THANK YOU! AMEN!

Seriously though, do people not understand we are in a recession? As horrible as it sounds, I try to save as much as I can these days, and as we all know, gaming is not a cheap hobby. Hell, $20 is almost a full-tank of gas for me...[/QUOTE]

Why fuck with best buy and ruin a whole day over that cash? If it is that big of a deal just rent the game/wait for a sale. There are other places to save money then arguing with best buy. That is all I was getting at. Some people feel a weird entitlement to an awesome deal just because it is going on somewhere else. Me personally if I can't get the deal then I just walk away and go on with my life. Guess that's JUST me.

[quote name='Ecto311']Why fuck with best buy and ruin a whole day over that cash? If it is that big of a deal just rent the game/wait for a sale. There are other places to save money then arguing with best buy. That is all I was getting at. Some people feel a weird entitlement to an awesome deal just because it is going on somewhere else. Me personally if I can't get the deal then I just walk away and go on with my life. Guess that's JUST me.[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to argue with you or anything, and in the nicest way possible I'm going to ask you something.

You do realize this is a site dedicated to finding "awesome deals" right?

In this particular price match $20 was being taken off of the retail price. I could give a shit if they offered me a $20 gift card, and if that was the case I would've bought it anywhere else that offered that particular deal. However, I was in it to get the game discounted just like everyone else was.

just picked up the last copy @ BB today. I've never had luck with getting a PM on the GC. Guess I'll go back and argue tomorrow

[quote name='aporter727']In this particular price match $20 was being taken off of the retail price. I could give a shit if they offered me a $20 gift card, and if that was the case I would've bought it anywhere else that offered that particular deal. However, I was in it to get the game discounted just like everyone else was.[/QUOTE]

So you're saying that you still would have still complained/been unhappy if they'd offered to match the TRU deal exactly and give you a $20 gift card? I was right with you up until this point, but if that's what you're saying . . .

A price match is a price match -- you are not entitled to, nor is the store required to give you, anything more than exactly what the competitor that they're matching is offering. That some people managed to get more than that (in this case, a straight-up discount instead of a gift card) is great -- but if you're going into the store expecting them to do more than match what the competitor is doing, you're being kind of a jerk.

Again, from the Best Buy policy:

How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?
The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer.
Note the part that I bolded and italicized -- in other words, they are perfectly within their rights by their own stated policy to give you a matching gift card. If you hassle them beyond that, you are doing nothing but making them that much more hostile to doing price matching in the first place, which means that the next time you or someone else goes in looking for a price match, they'll be that much more likely to look for a reason to refuse it.

[quote name='aporter727']I called and filed a complaint with consumer relations. She would not compensate me in any way possible. Did I go about it wrong?[/QUOTE]

aporter when I made my last complaint I got an email asking me to rate my customer service experience with Best Buy. My incident happened on a Sunday, and I got an email on Monday or Tuesday. I have a Rewards Zone membership there, credit card, and have made orders on BB.com before so I don't know if you'll get the same treatment or not.

I left a negative review stating it was mainly about the store for that situation and others when on Wednesday I got a call from "a new special customer service group" at Best Buy corporate, ie corporate customer care. Explained my dissatisfaction was mainly with the Fenton, MO store and not the person I talked to on the phone and I was offered a $20 gift card (cost of the item I was trying to PM) and told they would be in contact with the store. I've not had an issue with anything at that store since.

I was given a phone number and if you need it, PM me and I'll give it to you. You'll need the store where the incident took place and possibly some info on your initial call. Don't say where you got it, just that you found it on the internet. If you do talk to this group, be polite and calm, but firm with them and explain the situation like an adult.

Out of curiosity, did anyone here at CAG pre-order/order Ghostbusters from Amazon?

I'm only asking because as of late, they have been using FedEx to ship their packages rather than directly to USPS. And I must say, FedEx has to be one of the slowest and worst, along with UPS, shipping companies I have ever had the displeasure of having as a carrier.

Since Amazon started using FedEx to ship their packages, shipment times have at least doubled for me.

[quote name='arcane93']So you're saying that you still would have still complained/been unhappy if they'd offered to match the TRU deal exactly and give you a $20 gift card? I was right with you up until this point, but if that's what you're saying . . .

A price match is a price match -- you are not entitled to, nor is the store required to give you, anything more than exactly what the competitor that they're matching is offering. That some people managed to get more than that (in this case, a straight-up discount instead of a gift card) is great -- but if you're going into the store expecting them to do more than match what the competitor is doing, you're being kind of a jerk.

Again, from the Best Buy policy:

Note the part that I bolded and italicized -- in other words, they are perfectly within their rights by their own stated policy to give you a matching gift card. If you hassle them beyond that, you are doing nothing but making them that much more hostile to doing price matching in the first place, which means that the next time you or someone else goes in looking for a price match, they'll be that much more likely to look for a reason to refuse it.[/QUOTE]

You did read my posts right? I made it clear how I was pissed that particular Best Buy stores weren't abiding by their own policies. None offered me a gift card, and if they did I would've been content with them at least following their policies. I'm complaining, as are plenty of other CAGs, about their lack of keeping up with what they make clear to the public. Please don't come at me if you don't have the common sense to comprehend simple posts as mine.

Obviously you were never "with me".

[quote name='aporter727']You did read my posts right? I made it clear how I was pissed that particular Best Buy stores weren't abiding by their own policies. None offered me a gift card, and if they did I would've been content with them at least following their policies. I'm complaining, as are plenty of other CAGs, about their lack of keeping up with what they make clear to the public. Please don't come at me if you don't have a clear grasp of the thread that your posting on.

Obviously you were never "with me".[/QUOTE]

As I said, I was with you on your complaint about Best Buy refusing to do any sort of match for you. That was, indeed, bullshit, and they should have offered you a gift card. However, then you took it a step further, and stated that even a gift card wouldn't have been enough. That's not cool, and honestly, it makes me wonder how you approached them, and whether that may have gotten you turned down. Because honestly, if I were them and you had come to me demanding that I just flat-out give you $20 off, I'd have turned you down too, and less than politely at that.

Sometimes the sense of entitlement around here just flat-out amazes me.

[quote name='arcane93']As I said, I was with you on your complaint about Best Buy refusing to do any sort of match for you. That was, indeed, bullshit, and they should have offered you a gift card. However, then you took it a step further, and stated that even a gift card wouldn't have been enough. That's not cool, and honestly, it makes me wonder how you approached them, and whether that may have gotten you turned down. Because honestly, if I were them and you had come to me demanding that I just flat-out give you $20 off, I'd have turned you down too, and less than politely at that.

Sometimes the sense of entitlement around here just flat-out amazes me.[/QUOTE]

I said I could give a shit if they gave me a gift card. I was interested in getting $20 off like other CAGs were reporting. I never said it wasn't good enough. I clearly stated I could give a shit, as in I wasn't interested and would've went to TRU if I wanted one.

Get your shit straight. Jackass.

[quote name='aporter727']I said I could give a shit if they gave me a gift card. I was interested in getting $20 off like other CAGs were reporting. I never said it wasn't good enough. I clearly stated I could give a shit, as in I wasn't interested and would've went to TRU if I wanted one.

Get your shit straight. Jackass.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Yup, you're a winner. Have fun with that game you didn't get.

[quote name='aporter727']I'm not trying to argue with you or anything, and in the nicest way possible I'm going to ask you something.

You do realize this is a site dedicated to finding "awesome deals" right?

In this particular price match $20 was being taken off of the retail price. I could give a shit if they offered me a $20 gift card, and if that was the case I would've bought it anywhere else that offered that particular deal. However, I was in it to get the game discounted just like everyone else was.[/QUOTE]

What else can I do to prove you wrong here? I never stated a gift card was below me. I made it clear here I was in it for the discount that other CAGs were reporting.

[quote name='arcane93']Wow. Yup, you're a winner. Have fun with that game you didn't get.[/QUOTE]

I did get the game you douche. Did you not read my posts? I clearly state I got it price matched, with the $20 off from a GOOD Best Buy.

You're the real winner here, asshole.

[quote name='aporter727']I did get the game you douche. Did you not read my posts? I clearly state I got it price matched, with the $20 off from a GOOD Best Buy.

You're the real winner here, asshole.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I didn't memorize your posts, or go back and read each and every one of them again. For having gotten the game in the long run, you sure are whining a lot.

[quote name='aporter727']What else can I do to prove you wrong here? I never stated a gift card was below me. I made it clear here I was in it for the discount that other CAGs were reporting.[/QUOTE]

Right. And my response to you was that, while that discount was all well and good for those that did manage to get it, it was above and beyond what Best Buy's policy requires them to give to you. The only thing their policy requires them to match is giving an equal gift card. Those people that got a discount instead got lucky, but it doesn't mean that you'll get the same thing, or that you are the least bit entitled to it. If you did manage to find a store that would do it for you, then good for you, but it's not what they have to do. What part are you having difficulty understanding here?

I don't know why I'm even justifying this with a response anymore.

bread's done
Back