Consolidated Ghostbusters preorder & in-store deals

h3llbring3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
58 (100%)
boxes.gif

IGN review 8.0/10

Wal-Mart:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preorder from Walmart / Sam's Club and get this in game gold [/FONT]Lancer[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] proton pack. The gold proton pack shows the world you can hunt ghosts in
style.
[/FONT]Preorder from Walmart

BestBuy:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preorder from Best Buy and you can choose to play as either [/FONT]Bill Murray's older brother the[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Mayor or the [/FONT]Smoker Zombie[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Ghoul. It was only a matter of time before the ghostbusters made the paranormal part of the team. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preorder from Best Buy[/FONT]

noname.gif

GameStop [DEADish]:

• In-Store 30% used game trade in bonus towards this title.
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preorder from GameStop and get an exclusive Ghostbusters T-Shirt[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] In game alternate suit (color). Available for online and in-store customers, while supplies last.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] $10 Movie cash[/FONT]
[quote name='rodieremix']also counts toward their movie promo where you get free $10 movie cash.[/QUOTE]
Preorder from GameStop now

Game Crazy Ghostbusters preorder deal:
Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us.
The Stay-Puft Marshmellow Man.
Pre-order Ghostbusters and receive a free Stay Puft Marshmellow Man Figure. Offer good while supplies last.
pre_ghostbusters.jpg

Also, eligible for $30 with the trade in of select games towards Ghostbusters:
Thanks Seventh_sage
Details:

[quote name='seventh_sage']I received an e-mail from Game Crazy saying that not only do you get the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man Figure for pre-ordering but if you trade in any of the following games you get $30 credit (as long as you trade them in towards the purchase of the Ghostbusters game):

• Animal crossing: city folk
  • bionic commando
  • cod:waw (ps3, 360)
  • chronicles of riddick: dark athena
  • fallout 3, fear 2: project orgin,
  • fuel the godfather 2
  • halo wars
  • infamous
  • killzone 2
  • left 4 dead
  • little big planet
  • mad world
  • mario kart (wii)
  • mk vs dc
  • prototype
  • punch-out
  • re5
  • street fighter 4
  • super smash bros brawl
[/QUOTE]

Target:
Preorder is eligible for the $5 giftcard deal.

Toys R' Us:
$20 Gift Card with in-store purchase

Amazon:
Has the ridiculous exclusive "Slimer Edition" bundle.
$129.99
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Included in the Slimer Edition:
[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] An exclusive 10" Slimer bust designed and created by the original movie sculptor, Steve Johnson. Comes complete with a certificate of authenticity signed by the sculptor himself. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Exclusive Ghostbusters Minimates. Only available with the Slimer Edition. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Exclusive Ghostbusters Gamer Graffix Console Skins. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Exclusive Ecto 1 Key Chain with lights and sound.[/FONT]

minimates.jpg

4105fj8eooL._SS350_.jpg

slimerfigure.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
TRU gave me a regular gift card with no expiration date instead of the Ghostbusters gift card with the July expiration. And the CSR actually offered to use the gift card to take $20 off Ghostbusters, but it wouldn't work. I guess the delay applies to regular cards too.

Went to two Best Buy stores since the first one didn't match. I also wasn't that determined at the first store.

The Best Buy manager first denied the PM saying they don't match gift cards. I then pointed this out:

"How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?
The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer."

They couldn't really go against their policy, but she still said we can't match gift cards... they can give me the game for $40 though. I think the managers just deny first until they're caught in a corner. Either way, bought the game for $40 from Best Buy.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND printing the ad from TRU AND printing this page

http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspag...type=page&entryURLID=&contentId=1118843518460

Good Luck!

Went to BB with the TRUS ad and the BB policy printed. Of course they first said they couldn't PM. I showed her the printout she tried really hard to read all the letters and said that it didn't incluide GCs. I pointed her to the part in the FAQs where it explicity explained that they would PM GCs. She looked confused, said that she needed to talk to her manager and left. I had to wait there for 5 minuted, no line waiting though, and then she said that it was OK. She charged me full price and then gave me a $20 GC. That's fine with me.

It seems kind of silly for that BB not to just match the gift card. They sold you the game for $40 and that was the end of the story. But chances are you would've used the gift card to buy something that costs more than $20. Therefore they'd be getting more than $40.

[quote name='HandsDown']so Bestbuy refused to PM the TRU gift card deal...even had their policy printed out

The managers interpretation of that part of the policy was that the BB price would need to be higher than $79.99 for them to PM (TRU Price of $59.99 + 20 GC)...I tried to explain his flaw in that logic but no go

Since it was the last copy in the store I brought it and figured will call corporate tonight to see what they say or tomorrow go to another BB see if they will PM or go TRU and get their deal[/QUOTE]

So an update

I called corporate I explained what happened since I used my rewards card he was able to pull my purchase up and saw I was not price matched

He said the manager did not follow policy took his name down and will have the store send me a $20 GC..he did stress that the money will be coming from the store

The guy on the phone from corporate was pretty was pretty adamant that the manager should have PM the TRU $20 and he believed the manager wasted my and company time by arguing with me for $20

SO...i say if the manager at BB does not PM the TRU deal buy it get the managers name and call corporate and see what they say....personally I rather have a BB GC with rewards points certificates than TRU GC...

[quote name='HandsDown']So an update

I called corporate I explained what happened since I used my rewards card he was able to pull my purchase up and saw I was not price matched

He said the manager did not follow policy took his name down and will have the store send me a $20 GC..he did stress that the money will be coming from the store

The guy on the phone from corporate was pretty was pretty adamant that the manager should have PM the TRU $20 and he believed the manager wasted my and company time by arguing with me for $20

SO...i say if the manager at BB does not PM the TRU deal buy it get the managers name and call corporate and see what they say....personally I rather have a BB GC with rewards points certificates than TRU GC...[/QUOTE]

Good to know, I'm going to try to PM at BB tomorrow!

Thanks to all who encouraged standing firm on the TRU PM at Best Buy. It took a bit of arguing, pointing out THEIR PM policy, and a 10 minute wait while everything was verified with the store manager, but in the end, I walked out with a $60 game for $40.

It always feels good to win a battle against Best Buy :)

Thanks again!

Anybody have a better version of the TRU ad? I tried printing from the site, so small, when I try to do it bigger, only the left side shows up.

Well I'm finally going to boycott Gamestop. SOB's didn't want to give me my shirt, and they didn't give me my movie voucher. They also refused to honor the 30% trade credit on the game I traded in a week ago that went directlly toward ghostbusters. It isn't my fault the asshat who rang me up didn't inform me of the deal, yet I get to suffer. I'm also pissed with their damn logo on the front. Will other stores even take it in for trade with a rival store on the cover?! fuck you Gamestop, I hope you go bankrupt.

[quote name='DGenerateKane']I'm also pissed with their damn logo on the front. Will other stores even take it in for trade with a rival store on the cover?![/QUOTE]

You mean the Gamestop logo is on the box cover?

[quote name='johnny konami']You mean the Gamestop logo is on the box cover?[/QUOTE]

Yes, as well as the BB logo if you purchase it through said company.

Just wanted to report that I was successful with price-matching TRU's offer to Best Buy. Printed out both the TRU ad off the website and BB's price matching policy and brought the game up to customer service. The TRU they called (the number actually on the ad) was out of stock, but before I could get the number for another TRU, a manager popped by and just said "nah, just let it through." They also weren't that interested in reading the BB policy print-out before signing off on it, either. :bouncy:

They reduced the price on the game and then charged me for the gift card, which was fine by me. This was at the Fiesta Mall Best Buy in Mesa, AZ if we're keeping note of that sort of thing, by the way.

Got the BB price match, same deal as most of you, had to throw down the printed out policy and wait 15 minutes for approval. But I did walk out with a 360 copy for $32.76 ... so it was a personal victory (that's including the $10 rewards zone bucks I used to be clear).

Seriously, just don't take no for an answer ... come prepared and be prepared to go as high as you need to ... the policy is clear, you just need to clearly present it to them, since many seem to be rather uneducated about their own company's price match policy.

On a side note, I'm not digging this trend of actually printing the logo of the store on the game case .... talk about trashy ...

ok some people are still having problems with best buy pm. me personally, my local bb in brooklyn didn't accept the pm..
please those who were accepted, scan your receipts, because they have to follow what other bb stores price is.

[quote name='pedmart']ok some people are still having problems with best buy pm. me personally, my local bb in brooklyn didn't accept the pm..
please those who were accepted, scan your receipts, because they have to follow what other bb stores price is.[/QUOTE]
Same here in Staten Island, but I also went unprepared without the Best Buy online FAQ Print out.

[quote name='Stealthcat']Anybody have a better version of the TRU ad? I tried printing from the site, so small, when I try to do it bigger, only the left side shows up.[/QUOTE]

I was having the same issue using Firefox to print the ad but the print out came out fine using IE

No prob getting the match at my bestbuy. Well, except I did not print the ad and she could not find it online. She asked her manger and he said do it. Also there were to fake Echo's at my store along with 4-5 people dressed as busters playing the game. The girl was hot.

I usually have no luck at my BB, but they matched the gift card w/o hesitation. Charged $40 for the game, plus $20 for the gift card. Would've rather just bought the game at $40 with no gift card, but whatev.

Gamecrazy totally sucks.

Reserved the game two days ago, had a talk with the sales guy and was told I was the only person in the town to reserve the game.

Go there yesterday and I'm told by a new sales person that they ran out of Stay Puft figures. "There were so many preorders, more than there were for even Halo 3!" The whole time the person I'm talking to is giggling and has this huge grin. Held me there for about 5 minutes trying to convince me not to cancel my preorder. "We might get more figures next week". Ended up picking it up at gamestop, at least the movie cash ultimately brings down the price.

Bah!

I got Ghostbusters yesterday for PS3 at Best Buy. Took in a copy of the Price Matching Policy, but they would not give me the game for $39.99 as their Price Policy Says they should. It is pretty clear that they deduct the price of promotions, including gift cards, from your purchase price. My best buy simply charged me $59.99 and gave me the $20 gift card, when they should have simply sold me the game for $39.99 and NOT give me the gift card.

I know it is not a big deal, but that is what their policy states. Again, I got the gift card, but I would have rather had the game for $39.99.

The manager even told me they knew nothing of this policy and they did not do this at their store. So I just sent a message to Customer Care telling them they need to educate the people the promote to managers at their stores.

[quote name='3rdamention']I got Ghostbusters yesterday for PS3 at Best Buy. Took in a copy of the Price Matching Policy, but they would not give me the game for $39.99 as their Price Policy Says they should. It is pretty clear that they deduct the price of promotions, including gift cards, from your purchase price. My best buy simply charged me $59.99 and gave me the $20 gift card, when they should have simply sold me the game for $39.99 and NOT give me the gift card.

I know it is not a big deal, but that is what their policy states. Again, I got the gift card, but I would have rather had the game for $39.99.

The manager even told me they knew nothing of this policy and they did not do this at their store. So I just sent a message to Customer Care telling them they need to educate the people the promote to managers at their stores.[/QUOTE]

Um, the guy gave you a price match exactly equal to the TRU offer, right? So why do you have to get your panties in a bind and try to get him in trouble? It's exactly that sort of shit (giving you what you ask for and then you complaining anyway) that makes them be more difficult about things like price matching later.

For what it's worth, the Best Buy policy is actually extremely ambiguous about whether they will lower the price or give a matching gift card:

The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer.
I read that as making it pretty much the manager's choice about whether they match the price directly (by making it $39.99) or match the gift card offer. Just be happy he gave it to you at all, not everyone has been that lucky.

Just a quick question...I preorder the game from both BB and Gamestop with hopes of getting the in game items from both...I picked up both games today but was not given a game code card from either store...both said the in-game preorder items are inside the game case itself...i am nervous to open it up and find no card inside...has anyone opened their preorders from Best Buy or Gamestop yet and can confirm that the game cards for the preorder items are in the game case? I just want to confirm so I don't have any problems if I need to return the games.

Thanks to all !!

[quote name='klam173']Just a quick question...I preorder the game from both BB and Gamestop with hopes of getting the in game items from both...I picked up both games today but was not given a game code card from either store...both said the in-game preorder items are inside the game case itself...i am nervous to open it up and find no card inside...has anyone opened their preorders from Best Buy or Gamestop yet and can confirm that the game cards for the preorder items are in the game case? I just want to confirm so I don't have any problems if I need to return the games.

Thanks to all !![/QUOTE]

The Best Buy version actually has a logo on the front of the case that says it contains a Best Buy-exclusive downloadable item inside (don't remember the exact wording, don't have it here at work to look). There is a card inside which has the code printed on it (can confirm it was in mine). Haven't seen the Gamestop version myself, but from what's been reported, it sounds like it is the same way.

Seriously, you bought two copies just for the in-game items? They're so not worth that on this one (they're entirely cosmetic only, and have no actual use in the game). I only have the BB code because I happened to buy the game at BB, not because I cared all that much one way or the other about it. The BB ones, at least, can only even be used when playing in online multi-player.

He probably plans on taking back the game at some point in time...but if he doesn't, than may God have mercy on his soul for buying duplicates of a game for overrated DLC bonuses.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']He probably plans on taking back the game at some point in time...but if he doesn't, than may God have mercy on his soul for buying duplicates of a game for overrated DLC bonuses.[/QUOTE]

Since you actually have to open the game to get the codes, I'd assume he won't be able to take them back. His only option will be to sell it as used at a considerable loss.

[quote name='arcane93']Since you actually have to open the game to get the codes, I'd assume he won't be able to take them back. His only option will be to sell it as used at a considerable loss.[/QUOTE]

My plan was to sell the codes and return the games...Since you have to open the game I am just going to return them...You guys are right though, why would I purchase this game, let alone two?? It sucks. :drool:

"Exclusions:
The Price Guarantee does not apply to our or our competitors' free offers, limited-quantity items, items for sale Thanksgiving day through the Saturday after Thanksgiving, open-box items, clearance items, Outlet Center items, mail-in offers, financing, bundle offers or pricing errors."

I think that the above language is pretty clear. BBY doesn't have to price match the gift card. The FAQ on BBY's website makes things confusing, so it's probably not too difficult to pull a Jedi mind trick on them. I'll try it and see if they price match, but I'm not going to be upset if they don't.

I agree that they should be consistent on this issue and other issues. Seriously, how difficult is it for them to anticipate this problem. You would think with so much money at stake, that they would hire someone in corporate to compare all National retail adds and make a decision at the beginning of the week. It would save them lots of time and money.

Didn't even need to bring in the ad. The CS guy already knew the deal. Probably helps that TRU is across the street.

[quote name='klam173']My plan was to sell the codes and return the games...Since you have to open the game I am just going to return them...You guys are right though, why would I purchase this game, let alone two?? It sucks. :drool:[/QUOTE]

And guess why they're packing the codes in the games now? Because of people like you! :lol:

(Seriously, though, did you really expect to get enough from those codes to be worth that much effort? I mean, if they're really worth something and I'm wrong, please correct me -- I haven't used my BB code yet, and I don't care about it that much, so I'd be happy to sell it off for a reasonable amount. I can't imagine people care that much about these in-game items, though.)

I wouldn't go so far as to say that the game "sucks", though. I'm not sure it's worth $60 (very few games are, in my opinion), but I'm pretty happy for the $40 that I paid for it.

[quote name='klam173']My plan was to sell the codes and return the games...Since you have to open the game I am just going to return them...You guys are right though, why would I purchase this game, let alone two?? It sucks. :drool:[/QUOTE]

Have you even played it assuming you're returning 2 copies!?!?

Besides, what were you looking to get for both codes combined? A few bucks each? To be frank, doesn't seem like it was even worth it, once you take into consideration gas and time. Now you have to return each copy to a different store...so...:lol:

Just for fun, return the Gamestop version to Best Buy and vice versa! :bouncy:

[quote name='Wolfman']"Exclusions:
The Price Guarantee does not apply to our or our competitors' free offers, limited-quantity items, items for sale Thanksgiving day through the Saturday after Thanksgiving, open-box items, clearance items, Outlet Center items, mail-in offers, financing, bundle offers or pricing errors."

I think that the above language is pretty clear. BBY doesn't have to price match the gift card. The FAQ on BBY's website makes things confusing, so it's probably not too difficult to pull a Jedi mind trick on them. I'll try it and see if they price match, but I'm not going to be upset if they don't.

I agree that they should be consistent on this issue and other issues. Seriously, how difficult is it for them to anticipate this problem. You would think with so much money at stake, that they would hire someone in corporate to compare all National retail adds and make a decision at the beginning of the week. It would save them lots of time and money.[/QUOTE]

Actually that paragraph you quoted doesn't really apply to this deal, considering a gift card is not a "free offer, limited quantity item, or for sale during Thanksgiving" in this case. A free item would be something like the stay puff figure from Gamecrazy. To back up my point, there is another paragraph in their policy which specifically states how they are supposed to handle deals where they match a giftcard. I think the reason many folks aren't getting BB to match is because they're either quoting the wrong section (there are 2 giftcard paragraphs) or they aren't pushing hard enough by bringing in the actual text from the policy.

With that said, I have been to Best Buy stores where they are completely ignorant and flat out refuse to match giftcard offers ... in that case, look at it as an opportunity ... go all the way up to the store manager level and then contact corporate ... in most cases you'll get your discount and sometimes an even better bonus.

[quote name='Br4inDead']It has the gamestop and best buy logo's on it, so that might be hard.[/QUOTE]
That's the point. Anyway, I *HATE* the logo being right on the cover.

[quote name='arcane93']And guess why they're packing the codes in the games now? Because of people like you! :lol:

(Seriously, though, did you really expect to get enough from those codes to be worth that much effort? I mean, if they're really worth something and I'm wrong, please correct me -- I haven't used my BB code yet, and I don't care about it that much, so I'd be happy to sell it off for a reasonable amount. I can't imagine people care that much about these in-game items, though.)

I wouldn't go so far as to say that the game "sucks", though. I'm not sure it's worth $60 (very few games are, in my opinion), but I'm pretty happy for the $40 that I paid for it.[/QUOTE]

I can make about $10-$15 for these codes...Honestly anyone can preorder games and sell codes...so I don't feel what I am doing is wrong...Save your argument about me taking away your codes at the stores...how many times have you gone into Gamestop or wherever and seen stacks and stacks of code cards sitting there well after the game has been released...

I should not have said the games sucks though...I have played it, or at least tried to get into it, but it is dull and boring, IMO...

Anyways, thanks for the responses and answers to my questions...If I offended anyone I do apologize.

[quote name='Wolfman']"Exclusions:

I agree that they should be consistent on this issue and other issues. Seriously, how difficult is it for them to anticipate this problem. You would think with so much money at stake, that they would hire someone in corporate to compare all National retail adds and make a decision at the beginning of the week. It would save them lots of time and money.[/QUOTE]
Ummm...someone a couple pages back contacted BB's corporate headquarters and was told all stores should match the gift card.

[quote name='klam173']I can make about $10-$15 for these codes...Honestly anyone can preorder games and sell codes...so I don't feel what I am doing is wrong...Save your argument about me taking away your codes at the stores...how many times have you gone into Gamestop or wherever and seen stacks and stacks of code cards sitting there well after the game has been released...[/QUOTE]

Ooh, touchy, aren't we? :roll:

I don't remember anyone arguing that what you're doing is "wrong" -- I do think it's pretty questionable, but kept that opinion to myself. I merely stated that, more than likely, the reason they're packing them in the games now is because of people doing what you're doing (or, I should say, doing what you were trying to do). You weren't "taking away my code", I got it just fine. Honestly, if I'm going to blame (people like) you for anything, it'll be for the fact that, thanks to them having to pack the code in the box to avoid people taking it and returning the game, my game has a Best Buy logo on the cover messing up the game art. ;)

[quote name='etcrane']Actually that paragraph you quoted doesn't really apply to this deal, considering a gift card is not a "free offer, limited quantity item, or for sale during Thanksgiving" in this case. A free item would be something like the stay puff figure from Gamecrazy. To back up my point, there is another paragraph in their policy which specifically states how they are supposed to handle deals where they match a giftcard. I think the reason many folks aren't getting BB to match is because they're either quoting the wrong section (there are 2 giftcard paragraphs) or they aren't pushing hard enough by bringing in the actual text from the policy.

With that said, I have been to Best Buy stores where they are completely ignorant and flat out refuse to match giftcard offers ... in that case, look at it as an opportunity ... go all the way up to the store manager level and then contact corporate ... in most cases you'll get your discount and sometimes an even better bonus.[/QUOTE]

What section on best buys price match policy do we need to show the csr/manager?

[quote name='dipset121']What section on best buys price match policy do we need to show the csr/manager?[/QUOTE]

This one:

How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?
The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer.

[quote name='Guerrilla']That's the point. Anyway, I *HATE* the logo being right on the cover.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't notice 'til I got in the car :(

This is what I posted in the RagTag CAG social group, also a direct link to the store PM policy:

"Best Buy's instore price match guarantee policy:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....60&id=cat12098

"How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?
The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer."

Print that out and go back there or have your cell phone with you and call corporate if they won't comply."

Got my copy at Gamestop without a preorder and got my T-shirt and movie ticket. They were out of Wii copies (except for Pre-orders) and down to 4 360 copies outside of preorders.

I'm a regular at this store and the third key auto handed me the T-shirt (saying no one had even asked about it) and I got the movie voucher after reminding them about it. A guy who was getting it for the Wii (kids I assume) was also able to get both things because he walked in right when I did.

[quote name='DGenerateKane']Anyone else's codes not work?! WTF is this crap?[/QUOTE]

XBox Marketplace is having numerous issues right now in buying games/videos and redeeming codes. Should be working later tonight or tomorrow.

I think the most alarming thing about what is happening, after having read this thread, is that some people are scared of even "trying". Trying to get a PM, trying to get a good deal, etc. Being scared is a normal reaction, but not even trying AT ALL is even worse than being scared. The worst anyone can say is "no" and if they do, either move on or show them evidence of what you think is right. This is CAG, after all. As in CHEAP ASS GAMER. You want to be scared and pay full price, go right ahead. But you're not a real CAG if you do :)

How is it that Best Buy gets away with fucking the customer ALL the time?

Seriously, I went to pick my copy up yesterday and they wouldn't let me leave because they'd be breaking the street date. I showed them the ad that says it was available Tuesday, still no go. However, they were willing to take the $20 bucks off because of the TRU deal. I then went to a different Best Buy and they would let me leave with it, but would not price match... no matter what. I take it to the register and show them the TRU ad with the intention of price matching. Dumb kid has no idea, and calls the manager over. Manager has no idea, and calls the store manager over. Store manager has no idea, and calls coporate. Corporate says no way to price matching on a gift card. I let the manager know about the previous Best Buy I went to, and how they wouldn't let me take the game home, but would price match. He says "Well that's at his discrection." His discrection? It's a goddamn company POLICY, even states so on their website. I let him know that, and he still won't give me the price match. I asked him how does one store price match, but not let me take it home, then the next doesn't price match, but let's me take it home. Shortly after I was asked to leave. However, I then made a trip to a different Best Buy and was given the game, and the price match.

What the fuck?

[quote name='dualedge2']I think the most alarming thing about what is happening, after having read this thread, is that some people are scared of even "trying". Trying to get a PM, trying to get a good deal, etc. Being scared is a normal reaction, but not even trying AT ALL is even worse than being scared. The worst anyone can say is "no" and if they do, either move on or show them evidence of what you think is right. This is CAG, after all. As in CHEAP ASS GAMER. You want to be scared and pay full price, go right ahead. But you're not a real CAG if you do :)[/QUOTE]

I don't know who you were talking about nor do I care but if you have an issue with something someone said you should address that person directly.

Secondly, I went to three Best Buy stores in two different states and was denied at all three locations. And they all said the exact same thing, "we don't price match free offers".

bread's done
Back