Consolidated Ghostbusters preorder & in-store deals

h3llbring3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
58 (100%)
boxes.gif

IGN review 8.0/10

Wal-Mart:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preorder from Walmart / Sam's Club and get this in game gold [/FONT]Lancer[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] proton pack. The gold proton pack shows the world you can hunt ghosts in
style.
[/FONT]Preorder from Walmart

BestBuy:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preorder from Best Buy and you can choose to play as either [/FONT]Bill Murray's older brother the[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Mayor or the [/FONT]Smoker Zombie[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Ghoul. It was only a matter of time before the ghostbusters made the paranormal part of the team. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preorder from Best Buy[/FONT]

noname.gif

GameStop [DEADish]:

• In-Store 30% used game trade in bonus towards this title.
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preorder from GameStop and get an exclusive Ghostbusters T-Shirt[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] In game alternate suit (color). Available for online and in-store customers, while supplies last.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] $10 Movie cash[/FONT]
[quote name='rodieremix']also counts toward their movie promo where you get free $10 movie cash.[/QUOTE]
Preorder from GameStop now

Game Crazy Ghostbusters preorder deal:
Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us.
The Stay-Puft Marshmellow Man.
Pre-order Ghostbusters and receive a free Stay Puft Marshmellow Man Figure. Offer good while supplies last.
pre_ghostbusters.jpg

Also, eligible for $30 with the trade in of select games towards Ghostbusters:
Thanks Seventh_sage
Details:

[quote name='seventh_sage']I received an e-mail from Game Crazy saying that not only do you get the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man Figure for pre-ordering but if you trade in any of the following games you get $30 credit (as long as you trade them in towards the purchase of the Ghostbusters game):

• Animal crossing: city folk
  • bionic commando
  • cod:waw (ps3, 360)
  • chronicles of riddick: dark athena
  • fallout 3, fear 2: project orgin,
  • fuel the godfather 2
  • halo wars
  • infamous
  • killzone 2
  • left 4 dead
  • little big planet
  • mad world
  • mario kart (wii)
  • mk vs dc
  • prototype
  • punch-out
  • re5
  • street fighter 4
  • super smash bros brawl
[/QUOTE]

Target:
Preorder is eligible for the $5 giftcard deal.

Toys R' Us:
$20 Gift Card with in-store purchase

Amazon:
Has the ridiculous exclusive "Slimer Edition" bundle.
$129.99
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Included in the Slimer Edition:
[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] An exclusive 10" Slimer bust designed and created by the original movie sculptor, Steve Johnson. Comes complete with a certificate of authenticity signed by the sculptor himself. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Exclusive Ghostbusters Minimates. Only available with the Slimer Edition. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Exclusive Ghostbusters Gamer Graffix Console Skins. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Exclusive Ecto 1 Key Chain with lights and sound.[/FONT]

minimates.jpg

4105fj8eooL._SS350_.jpg

slimerfigure.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like the EXCLUSIVE Slimer Edition is back up on amazon. It let me put it on my cart (not buying it of course). All editions are up.

Has anyone done a solid preview / review of the Wii & DS versions of the game? I'm comitted to buying the PS3 version, but I may pick up the other 2 if they look ok.

Ok here is an update on what I found out so far on the PC version...

There IS DRM (or at least something where you have to go online to get it to work). More details soon as he gets them for me.

These I am still working on confirmation...

BUT it does look like the PC version IS coming out Tuesday as well.

And multiplayer, MAY NOT be in the PC version. :bomb:

I got a call today from Hollywood Video/Gamecrazy and was told the Ghosbusters preorder was in along with the game. I went there and got the game along with the Stay Puft stress toy. You can squeeze him lol, he's about 3-4 inches tall. Also, the staff at Hollywood Video didn't know if they were going to get it in but they did say if Gamecrazy said they would have it then Hollywood Video/Gamecrazy or just Gamecrazy should have it.

None of the pre-order bonus items did anything for me, so I just used my $20 coupon code from my earlier Amazon trade-in today; noticed they had it for $6 off, so I ended up getting it for the 360 for $33.99 shipped, using Amazon credit :)

[quote name='nbballard']Has anyone done a solid preview / review of the Wii & DS versions of the game? I'm comitted to buying the PS3 version, but I may pick up the other 2 if they look ok.[/QUOTE]

IGN has the wii review up. They gave it a 7.8 main complaint being that wrangling ghosts can take a little longer than it should/gets tiresome.

Wow, gamestop.com are now offering free overnight shipping on the game....

I ordered with overnight shipping and was charged for it. Going to call them about it tomorrow and see what happens.

I don't care about the lack of any possible DLC as I don't purchase that stuff but having no online mode is inexcusable. Looks like I'll just stick with the 360 version so I can play online with my brother.

Anyone notice the link to Ghostbusters Gamestop deal is dead? Now they're offering free shipping? I'm wondering if that's not because they're out of swag?

[quote name='Double-J']Anyone notice the link to Ghostbusters Gamestop deal is dead? Now they're offering free shipping? I'm wondering if that's not because they're out of swag?[/QUOTE]

all they offer as a bonus now when you pre-order is movie cash.... and free overnight shipping same with in store i was at my GS today talking with them and they said they have had more wii pre-orders then ps3 and 360.....

i will be there at 10am when they open to pick my copy and free shirt and stuff up......

even the web site states only movie cash for bonus

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73007

Anyone know how to pre-order from Best Buy? I went in the store and expecting to see those $5 pre-order boxes you take up to the registers but they didn't have any. I asked the clerk and they said they weren't doing any pre-orders for it.. But when I go to the website I can pre-order, but I gotta pay for the whole game.. I'd rather just do in-store pickup.

Any ideas?

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Does the $20gc from TRU apply to only preorders, or when you purchase the game in-store on Tuesday?[/QUOTE] I'm not sure but you may wanna preorder anyway to get the deal. My TRU is only getting 2 copies for 360.

LMAO! Did anyone get the pre-order message from GS, yet? I never, ever seem to get them, anymore. Not that I care, but this time, there's an interesting little spin. Someone posted on GF that it's a recorded message from Dan Akroyd! Call this number to hear it: 1-888-212-7672.

Yea I got a call from good ol' Mr. Akroyd this afternoon, my wife was wondering why I was cracking up from a solicitation phone call.

So is this game supposed to be widely available tomorrow?

I preordered at GS couple hours ago, and I asked the guy if he can keep 1 T-shirt for me since I'm not gonna be able to pick it up until the next day. And guess what, he handed me the t-shirt. Not all GS employee sucks.

[quote name='gi60']I preordered at GS couple hours ago, and I asked the guy if he can keep 1 T-shirt for me since I'm not gonna be able to pick it up until the next day. And guess what, he handed me the t-shirt. Not all GS employee sucks.[/QUOTE]

Not all GS employees suck..true, but I bet someone who pre-ordered their copy months ago is going to come pick up the game on release day at 5 or 6pm and they are going to be all out of pre-order bonuses. This has happened to me like 3 times in the last year. Including, prototype which I stopped in to pick up the bonus figure the day before release and was told they had it but had to wait til I actually picked up the game.

[quote name='Bubbakja']So is this game supposed to be widely available tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is what I'm wondering, too. I have heard from a number of people that this game will be available tomorrow night at GS. I never got around to calling the store, which I prefer not to, anyway, considering the maturity and knowledge of the employees. If any employees or the such have the info, we'd much appreciate it.

Any word on the guides? Are they different for the different games? I understand that the wii and ds versions are different than the 360 but does that mean there are different guides or deals on guides?

edit: just checked on gamestop.com and it shows one guide. Amazon doesn't show anything. Maybe they will update soon or my search skills might improve.

In another thread, Scorch said it is one guide for all the games. It has two walkthroughs: one for the PS3/360 version and another for the Wii/PS2/DS version.

Is there any documentation for the Gamecrazy $30 trade-in games toward Ghostbusters?

I brought in Madworld, and they only offered $18

[quote name='nbballard']Has anyone done a solid preview / review of the Wii & DS versions of the game? I'm comitted to buying the PS3 version, but I may pick up the other 2 if they look ok.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious about this, also. The Wii version is really a differnt game tham the 360/PS3 version which I'm leaning toward. Cartoony characters, motion control, and developed by a completely differnt company.

[quote name='chakan']Is there any documentation for the Gamecrazy $30 trade-in games toward Ghostbusters?

I brought in Madworld, and they only offered $18

I'm curious about this, also. The Wii version is really a differnt game tham the 360/PS3 version which I'm leaning toward. Cartoony characters, motion control, and developed by a completely differnt company.[/QUOTE]

I thought the $30 trade-in offer was at Gamestop? o_O

As far as Wii reviews looks like IGN has one...
http://wii.ign.com/articles/994/994395p1.html

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Question: Will Best Buy or Target PM TRU's deal on the $20 GC?!?[/QUOTE]

Target doesn't pricematch. Period.

Best Buy should according to the policies described on their website. I have never had a problem pricematching gift cards if I show them the website...

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']I thought the $30 trade-in offer was at Gamestop? o_O

[quote name='seventh_sage']I received an e-mail from Game Crazy saying that not only do you get the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man Figure for pre-ordering but if you trade in any of the following games you get $30 credit (as long as you trade them in towards the purchase of the Ghosbusters game): Animal crossing: city folk, bionic commando, cod:waw (ps3, 360), chronicles of riddick: dark athena, fallout 3, fear 2: porject orgin, fuel, the godfather 2, halo wars, infamous, killzone 2, left 4 dead, little big planet, mad world, mario kart (wii), mk vs dc, prototype, punch-out, re5, street fighter 4, & super smash bros brawl.

I figured this would be helpful for those who want to get it from Game Crazy.

I was gonna post the ad from the e-mail itself, but i don't know how to post pics, i thought i could just attach them but i didn't see a place for that.[/QUOTE]
As far as Wii reviews looks like IGN has one...

http://wii.ign.com/articles/994/994395p1.html[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the link to the review; its pushing me more to the 360 version.

So if I trade in a game at Gamestop tomorrow toward this..it will be 30% off, or do I have to preorder to get that?

[quote name='Majinyoshi']So if I trade in a game at Gamestop tomorrow toward this..it will be 30% off, or do I have to preorder to get that?[/QUOTE]

No...30% increase of trade-in price.

So for instance, if you brought in a game that would normally fetch you $8 for a trade-in. They would tack on an extra 30% of that price onto the trade-in price, thus making the game's final trade-in vaule $10.40. (30% of $8 is $2.40).

Trust me, Gamestop would never ever give you a game of this calibur for 30% OFF!

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']No...30% increase of trade-in price.

So for instance, if you brought in a game that would normally fetch you $8 for a trade-in. They would tack on an extra 30% of that price onto the trade-in price, thus making the game's final trade-in vaule $10.40. (30% of $8 is $2.40).

Trust me, Gamestop would never ever give you a game of this calibur for 30% OFF![/QUOTE]

Thought so haha. Good deal regardless.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Question: Will Best Buy or Target PM TRU's deal on the $20 GC?!?[/QUOTE]

I'd bring a printout of their policy stated on the website.

I did a Toys R Us gift card price match for Resident Evil 5 at Best Buy, and they immediately said they can't do it. Luckily, I had that printout and I got an automatic 20 bucks taken off.

When did the 30% extra credit deal start? I preordered two weeks ago and traded a game in towards it and didn't get any extra credit.

This will be the last time i preorder online instead of in-store. Live and learn i guess. The ghostbustersishiring website has better shirts anyways...

And i didnt get a phone call from dan akroyd. I called him instead.

I wonder if i use this emovie cash if gamestop would take my return...hmmm. Anyone try this? If not, i'll be the guinea pig. I'll end up with all three versions though!

[quote name='nbballard']Anyone else get a call from Dan Aykroyd telling them when they can pick up their pre-order at GameStop?[/QUOTE]

Got his voicemail twice today, can't pick up the game til tomorrow though :(.

Thank you, Seventh_sage, for providing details on the $30 trade in towards Ghostbusters.
gcblast_20090609_01.jpg

gcblast_20090609_02.jpg

gcblast_20090609_03.jpg

Wow, never knew about the GC promotion. I'd say if you could find a cheap MKvsDC at Target ($15) that would be one hell of a trade-in.

Also, someone suggested I print-out BB's policy on pricematching, at it pertains to the TRU $20gc promotion. Could anyone point out for me which particular clause or statement would help me argue for the PM tomorrow morning?

Here's their policy page via their website:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...at12098&searchresults=1&searchterm=pricematch

Thanks!

how does the Best Buy bonus work? do you pre-order can get the code in the case (like littlebigplanet), or is it given at purchase?

[quote name='nbballard']how does the Best Buy bonus work? do you pre-order can get the code in the case (like littlebigplanet), or is it given at purchase?[/QUOTE]
At Best Buy the code is INSIDE the game case. No idea if this is true for other stores.

I'll be PMing at BB tomorrow and if they give me any problems, I'll mention that last week they PMed the TRU ad for Prototype and gave me the $20 GC. They refused to do it at first, but I showed them the printout from their website and they eventually did it for me. And I was able to get the GC on top of the PMing with Target's ad for the B2G1 free promo, so I got a great deal. I got Prototype (with BB free t-shirt), Bionic Commando (kept free lunchbox from GameCrazy), and X-Men Origins Wolverine (with DL code and movie tkt from GS and DL code from BB) all for around $90. Could've gotten it cheaper if BB had adjusted the price on Bionic Commando to $0 instead of on Wolverine, then I could've PMed Wolverine to this week's Target ad, making it around $77 for the 3 games. Oh well.

I'll be returning the Ghostbusters pre-order at GS and keep all the free swag. So I'll have a t-shirt, movie ticket, and 2 DL codes for around $40!

Well I pre-ordered from best buy yesterday with in store pickup.. but it says it's not coming out until 6/17.. WTF I thought it was coming on Tuesday???

[quote name='Sinistar']Well I pre-ordered from best buy yesterday with in store pickup.. but it says it's not coming out until 6/17.. WTF I thought it was coming on Tuesday???[/QUOTE]

Best Buy's ad says In Stores Tuesday, so it might not hurt to print out your initial confirmation e-mail and head down to the store

Z(+)DIAC, Here's the link to the in-store page:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspage.jsp?id=cat12098&entryURLType=&categoryId=cat10011&type=page&entryURLID=&contentId=1118843518460

The important part is under the FAQ, which reads,
How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?
The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer.

Hope that helps. I'm printing that page.

[quote name='etcrane']Best Buy's ad says In Stores Tuesday, so it might not hurt to print out your initial confirmation e-mail and head down to the store[/QUOTE]

Good idea, I'll do that on the way home from work.. :)

but can Bestbuy pm TrU with the $20gift card and a second game with 20%off?
i'm looking to get prototype and ghostbuster, and i have $15 bb gift card, will i be able to pm the gift card and the 20% off??

bread's done
Back