Consolidated Ghostbusters preorder & in-store deals

h3llbring3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
58 (100%)
boxes.gif

IGN review 8.0/10

Wal-Mart:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preorder from Walmart / Sam's Club and get this in game gold [/FONT]Lancer[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] proton pack. The gold proton pack shows the world you can hunt ghosts in
style.
[/FONT]Preorder from Walmart

BestBuy:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preorder from Best Buy and you can choose to play as either [/FONT]Bill Murray's older brother the[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Mayor or the [/FONT]Smoker Zombie[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Ghoul. It was only a matter of time before the ghostbusters made the paranormal part of the team. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preorder from Best Buy[/FONT]

noname.gif

GameStop [DEADish]:

• In-Store 30% used game trade in bonus towards this title.
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preorder from GameStop and get an exclusive Ghostbusters T-Shirt[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] In game alternate suit (color). Available for online and in-store customers, while supplies last.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] $10 Movie cash[/FONT]
[quote name='rodieremix']also counts toward their movie promo where you get free $10 movie cash.[/QUOTE]
Preorder from GameStop now

Game Crazy Ghostbusters preorder deal:
Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us.
The Stay-Puft Marshmellow Man.
Pre-order Ghostbusters and receive a free Stay Puft Marshmellow Man Figure. Offer good while supplies last.
pre_ghostbusters.jpg

Also, eligible for $30 with the trade in of select games towards Ghostbusters:
Thanks Seventh_sage
Details:

[quote name='seventh_sage']I received an e-mail from Game Crazy saying that not only do you get the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man Figure for pre-ordering but if you trade in any of the following games you get $30 credit (as long as you trade them in towards the purchase of the Ghostbusters game):

• Animal crossing: city folk
  • bionic commando
  • cod:waw (ps3, 360)
  • chronicles of riddick: dark athena
  • fallout 3, fear 2: project orgin,
  • fuel the godfather 2
  • halo wars
  • infamous
  • killzone 2
  • left 4 dead
  • little big planet
  • mad world
  • mario kart (wii)
  • mk vs dc
  • prototype
  • punch-out
  • re5
  • street fighter 4
  • super smash bros brawl
[/QUOTE]

Target:
Preorder is eligible for the $5 giftcard deal.

Toys R' Us:
$20 Gift Card with in-store purchase

Amazon:
Has the ridiculous exclusive "Slimer Edition" bundle.
$129.99
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Included in the Slimer Edition:
[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] An exclusive 10" Slimer bust designed and created by the original movie sculptor, Steve Johnson. Comes complete with a certificate of authenticity signed by the sculptor himself. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Exclusive Ghostbusters Minimates. Only available with the Slimer Edition. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Exclusive Ghostbusters Gamer Graffix Console Skins. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Exclusive Ecto 1 Key Chain with lights and sound.[/FONT]

minimates.jpg

4105fj8eooL._SS350_.jpg

slimerfigure.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I received an e-mail from Game Crazy saying that not only do you get the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man Figure for pre-ordering but if you trade in any of the following games you get $30 credit (as long as you trade them in towards the purchase of the Ghosbusters game): Animal crossing: city folk, bionic commando, cod:waw (ps3, 360), chronicles of riddick: dark athena, fallout 3, fear 2: porject orgin, fuel, the godfather 2, halo wars, infamous, killzone 2, left 4 dead, little big planet, mad world, mario kart (wii), mk vs dc, prototype, punch-out, re5, street fighter 4, & super smash bros brawl.

I figured this would be helpful for those who want to get it from Game Crazy.

I was gonna post the ad from the e-mail itself, but i don't know how to post pics, i thought i could just attach them but i didn't see a place for that.

[quote name='seventh_sage']I received an e-mail from Game Crazy saying that not only do you get the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man Figure for pre-ordering but if you trade in any of the following games you get $30 credit (as long as you trade them in towards the purchase of the Ghosbusters game): Animal crossing: city folk, bionic commando, cod:waw (ps3, 360), chronicles of riddick: dark athena, fallout 3, fear 2: porject orgin, fuel, the godfather 2, halo wars, infamous, killzone 2, left 4 dead, little big planet, mad world, mario kart (wii), mk vs dc, prototype, punch-out, re5, street fighter 4, & super smash bros brawl.

I figured this would be helpful for those who want to get it from Game Crazy.

I was gonna post the ad from the e-mail itself, but i don't know how to post pics, i thought i could just attach them but i didn't see a place for that.[/QUOTE]

So i could trade in re5,left 4 dead, and halo wars and get 90 dollars twoards 2 copies of GB, and get a gift receipt and trade both those copies back in for just pure credit?

[quote name='wowzors']So i could trade in re5,left 4 dead, and halo wars and get 90 dollars twoards 2 copies of GB, and get a gift receipt and trade both those copies back in for just pure credit?[/QUOTE]

The e-mail i got said nothing about being able to stack trade-ins together. my guess would be that you could only do one trade-in per copy of GB, but you would have to ask to verify. as far as trading them in with the gift receipt to get pure credit, i don't know exactly what Game Crazy's return policy is so you would be better off asking them as well. sorry i'm not a lot of help with your question.

also if anybody wants a copy of the e-mail just PM me & i'll be happy to forward it to you.

I know this is going to sound silly, but I'm hoping the PC version is not necessarily a straight port from the console, with at least a little tweaking being done to accommodate it properly on the platform.

Anyone have any insight or knowledge to this? As much as I'd love to get this for my 360, I'm not sure I will enjoy playing a game with this perspective without my handy mouse and keyboard :)

Also has anyone confirmed with their Gamecrazy the detail of the figure?

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']I know this is going to sound silly, but I'm hoping the PC version is not necessarily a straight port from the console, with at least a little tweaking being done to accommodate it properly on the platform.

Anyone have any insight or knowledge to this? As much as I'd love to get this for my 360, I'm not sure I will enjoy playing a game with this perspective without my handy mouse and keyboard :)

Also has anyone confirmed with their Gamecrazy the detail of the figure?[/QUOTE]

There is very little info on the PC version sorry... But do companies still do that? I know for sure that they developed the 360/PS3 versions seperately (at least when it came to fine tuning) so I'm sure they did the same for the PC. Saving $ is always great, what I would be concerned about is how multiplayer is handled via the PC. Not much detail on that at all I'm afraid.

And did the Amazon version sell out? I run back through the thread but I can't order so I figured they are gone. Not really for me, but slipping in a unique item like the Slimer statue by the movie sculpter was a nice touch.

One week left!

I was going to get the PC version but I'm afraid of the DRM after Riddick and according to Atari's site the PC version release date isn't until June 23 (though retailers still seem to be saying the 16th). Unless we find out there's little to no DRM and it's released day and date of the console versions I'll go with a 360 copy from Toys R Us to get the gift card. This is a game I have to have on day 1 since Ghostbusters is my favorite film of all time.

If the PC version has an active modding community I'll have to pick it up down the line.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I was going to get the PC version but I'm afraid of the DRM after Riddick and according to Atari's site the PC version release date isn't until June 23 (though retailers still seem to be saying the 16th). Unless we find out there's little to no DRM and it's released day and date of the console versions I'll go with a 360 copy from Toys R Us to get the gift card. This is a game I have to have on day 1 since Ghostbusters is my favorite film of all time.

If the PC version has an active modding community I'll have to pick it up down the line.[/QUOTE]

Valid concerns... I'll zap my friend a line to see if we can dig up the info for you before Tuesday.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']I know this is going to sound silly, but I'm hoping the PC version is not necessarily a straight port from the console, with at least a little tweaking being done to accommodate it properly on the platform.

[/QUOTE]

Strangely enough [H]ardOCP has had quite a bit coverage on the infernal engine that's the basis for the Ghostbusters game.
There's high quality video of Ghostbusters PC running on a Core2 Quad 3.2GHz with an nVidia 280GTX.

Of note, the PS3 version will definitely be better than the 360 version since the multiple SPE's can be used by the physics engine quite well.

Video with Core 2 Quad, 280 GTX GB gameplay: http://hardocp.com/news.html?news=MzkwMjUsLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdCwsLDE=

Video of PC Physics Demo of Infernal Engine (using scenes from GB) with i7 processor: http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=MzkwMDMsLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdCwsLDE=

Video of PS3 Physics Demo of Infernal Engine (using scenes from GB): http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=Mzg5ODMsQXByaWwgICAgLDIwMDksaGVudGh1c2lhc3Q=

Video of PC Physics Demo of Infernal Engine (no GB scenes) with i7 processor: http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=MzkwMDAsQXByaWwgICAgLDIwMDksaGVudGh1c2lhc3Q=

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Updated OP
also 8.0/10 from IGN[/QUOTE]

I also noticed only 8 hours to complete the game... but, I think I will still pick it up.

Figured the 360 version and the PS3 version would be identical. But it looks like the PS3 version will be different?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still waiting to see the difference (if there is any) of the PS3 and xbox versions. I canceled my xbox preorder and went with the PS3. I'm hoping that the performance of the PS3 version wasnt a rumor.

[quote name='bbf']Strangely enough [H]ardOCP has had quite a bit coverage on the infernal engine that's the basis for the Ghostbusters game.
There's high quality video of Ghostbusters PC running on a Core2 Quad 3.2GHz with an nVidia 280GTX.

Of note, the PS3 version will definitely be better than the 360 version since the multiple SPE's can be used by the physics engine quite well.

Video with Core 2 Quad, 280 GTX GB gameplay: http://hardocp.com/news.html?news=MzkwMjUsLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdCwsLDE=

Video of PC Physics Demo of Infernal Engine (using scenes from GB) with i7 processor: http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=MzkwMDMsLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdCwsLDE=

Video of PS3 Physics Demo of Infernal Engine (using scenes from GB): http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=Mzg5ODMsQXByaWwgICAgLDIwMDksaGVudGh1c2lhc3Q=

Video of PC Physics Demo of Infernal Engine (no GB scenes) with i7 processor: http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=MzkwMDAsQXByaWwgICAgLDIwMDksaGVudGh1c2lhc3Q=[/QUOTE]

Wow thanks for the heads up! Bit surprised out good it looked and ran. Though I will probably have to finally upgrade my vid card :p

Where are folks getting the notion that the PS3 version will be superior to the 360 version, it specifically says that the 360 version looks better in the IGN review ... aside from a few extra throw away trailers, it seems like the 360 version has the upper hand.

TRU for me, I'm liking the deals they have for some new games with the $20 GC which is better than what Circuit City used to offer ($10 off or $10 GC).

[quote name='gryphter']cancelling my gamestop preorder; I'd rather have TRU's $20 gift card than a tshirt and ingame costume[/QUOTE]

You should also get a free movie ticket. I'll probably be going with TRU as well and use the GC towards Smash Hits.

[quote name='gryphter']cancelling my gamestop preorder; I'd rather have TRU's $20 gift card than a tshirt and ingame costume[/QUOTE]

Heck ya... can't beat a $20 gift card.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Valid concerns... I'll zap my friend a line to see if we can dig up the info for you before Tuesday.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, that's much appreciated.

[quote name='Double-J']Most codes come on a little card or something they hand you at the pickup, not packaged in-game...[/QUOTE]

not entirely true, the latest round of games have proven otherwise, BOTH Fuel and UFC, had gamestop exclusive codes which came in the package. However the free maps for Red faction were given in the "free art book" pre-order gimmick! I prefer when its a card outside the packaging, because that way, you could potentially get a bonus from one store, and another, and another and just return the games (keep them sealed) and keep the bonuses!

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']I can't stand my Gamecrazy, but i think i'm gonna have to preorder there for the stay puft figure.[/QUOTE]

LOL ditto for me, gotta have stay puff!

[quote name='stack9902']not entirely true, the latest round of games have proven otherwise, BOTH Fuel and UFC, had gamestop exclusive codes which came in the package. However the free maps for Red faction were given in the "free art book" pre-order gimmick! I prefer when its a card outside the packaging, because that way, you could potentially get a bonus from one store, and another, and another and just return the games (keep them sealed) and keep the bonuses![/QUOTE] For Fuel and UFC, were the codes packaged inside the plastic wrap? Or were they packaged inside a cardboard sleeve that Gamestop added? (ie would it be feasible to get the code but be able to return the game as unopened?)

For the record, I've after reading all the reviews, I've canceled my preorder and will either rent the game or wait for it to hit $20.

[quote name='etcrane']Where are folks getting the notion that the PS3 version will be superior to the 360 version, it specifically says that the 360 version looks better in the IGN review ... aside from a few extra throw away trailers, it seems like the 360 version has the upper hand.[/QUOTE]

The notion comes from this video where one of the Infernal Engine people explicitly states that they prefer to show physics demos on the PS3 because of their optimized usage of the SPE's (he calls them SPU's)

http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=Mzg5ODMsQXByaWwgICAgLDIwMDksaGVudGh1c2lhc3Q=

This is not to say that IGN is wrong, it's just an aspect they didn't compare.

I have no vested interested in the 360 vs PS3 issue since I'm getting the PC version ($30 less than the console versions, what can I say, I'm a CAG)

Indeed. It might look slightly better on the 360, but it seems the physics on the PS3 version are better. I tend to get most of my multi-platform games on the 360, but it doesn't really seem like it matters here. Slight difference here or there.

[quote name='bbf']The notion comes from this video where one of the Infernal Engine people explicitly states that they prefer to show physics demos on the PS3 because of their optimized usage of the SPE's (he calls them SPU's)

http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=Mzg5ODMsQXByaWwgICAgLDIwMDksaGVudGh1c2lhc3Q=

This is not to say that IGN is wrong, it's just an aspect they didn't compare.

I have no vested interested in the 360 vs PS3 issue since I'm getting the PC version ($30 less than the console versions, what can I say, I'm a CAG)[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version was in fact the lead version developed and the developer did comment on several occasions that if the PS3 version had been the only version, it could have had more objects and effects on screen at once. Having said that, the developer conceded that the PS3 and 360 versions are identical and based on early reviews, it seems like the 360 looks slightly better simply because of the way the 360 handles certain effects which are prevalent in the game. Overall, it doesn't look like it matters which version you get since neither seems to have an edge.

[quote name='bojay1997']The PS3 version was in fact the lead version developed and the developer did comment on several occasions that if the PS3 version had been the only version, it could have had more objects and effects on screen at once. Having said that, the developer conceded that the PS3 and 360 versions are identical and based on early reviews, it seems like the 360 looks slightly better simply because of the way the 360 handles certain effects which are prevalent in the game. Overall, it doesn't look like it matters which version you get since neither seems to have an edge.[/QUOTE]

Interesting.

I think I am still going with the 360 version because of the controller and I think there will certainly be more people to play with on Live, and for longer afterwards.

Has anyone noticed that the amazon Slimer edition is gone for all systems? I thought that was strange.

[quote name='yingfo']Has anyone noticed that the amazon Slimer edition is gone for all systems? I thought that was strange.[/QUOTE]
I saw that the other day and I was a little surprised. Given how a lot of people complained about the dubious value of the package, I can't imagine it was all that popular. Also, it's odd that it seemed to disappear simultaneously for all systems. The previous Fallout 3 Amazon exclusive didn't go out of stock for the 360 at the same time as the PS3.
Maybe it really was a super-limited run?

[quote name='splintercell']I saw that the other day and I was a little surprised. Given how a lot of people complained about the dubious value of the package, I can't imagine it was all that popular. Also, it's odd that it seemed to disappear simultaneously for all systems. The previous Fallout 3 Amazon exclusive didn't go out of stock for the 360 at the same time as the PS3.
Maybe it really was a super-limited run?[/QUOTE]

Its because they only made 6500 slimer molds. So once they sold 6500 copies they were sold out on all consoles.

Yeah PS3 was the lead platform when developing this.
One of the first games made this way I think? So the devs themselves said the PS3 version will be slightly superior. Don't listen to IGNorance's review.

Randell goes on to say they "reserved one whole processor on the PS3 for Dolby Digital 5.1 sound," where they had to use only a part of one processor on the 360 to do that. He also reemphasized that they could be doing "a lot more" on screen if the game was PS3-only. All of this is very encouraging news to most PS3 owners, and it seems very likely that the PS3 version of Ghostbusters is going to be the one to get.
http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/2982.html
But they also noted the ps3 version was held back/had to be reigned in by the fact that it had to work on the 360
http://xbox.joystiq.com/2008/04/30/ghostbusters-dev-360-holding-back-ps3-version/

edit: forgot the whole reason i came here in the first place...I meant to ask/say...I don't gamestop still has the t-shirt offer? i think it's just the movie cash now. Their site doesn't say anything about the t shirt anymore.

No details on PC version yet...

And I don't think many looked at the CE properly @ 1st . Really was a unique collection and limited number made. Which is how it should be done.

[quote name='NamPaehc']No details on PC version yet...

And I don't think many looked at the CE properly @ 1st . Really was a unique collection and limited number made. Which is how it should be done.[/QUOTE]

That's the thing about these CEs- If it would have been marketed as limited to 6500 numbered units then maybe I might have been interested. The Halo 3 helmet, Lancer bundle . . . etc. have jaded me to crazy LE/CE bundles.

[quote name='HockeyDOg3133']Its because they only made 6500 slimer molds. So once they sold 6500 copies they were sold out on all consoles.[/QUOTE]
That's quite possible, but another oddity is that the Amazon page no longer lists the set of Minimate ghost figures that were supposed to come in the package. Makes me wonder if it's actually sold out or if they are having production problems for all the pieces of the set.

[quote name='splintercell']That's quite possible, but another oddity is that the Amazon page no longer lists the set of Minimate ghost figures that were supposed to come in the package. Makes me wonder if it's actually sold out or if they are having production problems for all the pieces of the set.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking this might be the case since all three CE editions went out of stock at the exact same time and day earlier this week. Selling 6,500 copies of something that costs $130 or literally double the cost of the game seems hard to believe, even if it is Ghostbusters. Unless this CE stuff is really in a separate box and they can easily exchange the 360, PS3 and Wii versions of it on the fly, the simultaneous sell-out seems like some evidence to me that maybe they had a production problem or delay. Did anyone actually order this and get any kind of notification from Amazon about the status?

Just cancelled my Collector's Edition Pre-Order....no more Minimates.
Disappointing, they were the only item I was really interested in. :\

------------------------
Hello,
We're contacting you about your order for the Ghostbusters Slimer Edition video game bundle #xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx. We wanted to let you know that the items included in the bundle have changed, and as a result, the price of the bundle has been lowered.
Unfortunately, we recently learned the Minimates we expected to offer in this bundle aren't available. We're sorry for any disappointment this causes. To help make up for this change, we've lowered the price of this bundle from $129.99 to $109.99.
This change won't impact our ability to fill your order--the release date is still June 16, and we expect to fulfill your order on time.
Again, we're very sorry for any disappointment this causes. We hope to see you again soon at Amazon.com.
Sincerely,
Customer Service
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/

Wow, so now it's just a small plastic keychain, vinyl skins and the bust for an extra $50? Doesn't really seem like a deal at all. At least the minimates had some collectible value in the outside world. This other
stuff is junk.

[quote name='youbastards']Just cancelled my Collector's Edition Pre-Order....no more Minimates.
Disappointing, they were the only item I was really interested in. :\

------------------------
Hello,
We're contacting you about your order for the Ghostbusters Slimer Edition video game bundle #xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx. We wanted to let you know that the items included in the bundle have changed, and as a result, the price of the bundle has been lowered.
Unfortunately, we recently learned the Minimates we expected to offer in this bundle aren't available. We're sorry for any disappointment this causes. To help make up for this change, we've lowered the price of this bundle from $129.99 to $109.99.
This change won't impact our ability to fill your order--the release date is still June 16, and we expect to fulfill your order on time.
Again, we're very sorry for any disappointment this causes. We hope to see you again soon at Amazon.com.
Sincerely,
Customer Service
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/[/QUOTE]

I don't see the t-shirt anymore on Gamestop or EBGames websites, and in my preorder order pge it is listed as BACKORDERED.

Uh-oh?

Bah, Gamecrazy knew nothing about any of the deals. (including stay puft)

Does anyone know if their deals (bonus for trade & $30 off) are for preordering or for when you're there buying the actual game. They argued that they couldn't even honor the 20% bonus for trade promotion unless I'm trading in the games while picking up ghost busters.

[quote name='Kanik']Bah, Gamecrazy knew nothing about any of the deals. (including stay puft)

Does anyone know if their deals (bonus for trade & $30 off) are for preordering or for when you're there buying the actual game. They argued that they couldn't even honor the 20% bonus for trade promotion unless I'm trading in the games while picking up ghost busters.[/QUOTE]

I got the same exact story from Game Crazy but we'll see what they say with promotion in hand. They were only gonna give me $18 in trade for Fear2...a big difference from $30. Ohh and I had planned on selling the promotional item too. This would be a sweet deal if it all works as planned. If not, I'll never preorder from them again.

Dont feel bad bro. My shirt isnt even showing up in my order with gamestop. I may cancel, go through amazon, say screw the in game ghostbusters 2 suit and shirt, and use my prime to get it here faster. PLUS my ECA.

[quote name='Despacio']I don't see the t-shirt anymore on Gamestop or EBGames websites, and in my preorder order pge it is listed as BACKORDERED.

Uh-oh?[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back