Consolidated Ghostbusters preorder & in-store deals

h3llbring3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
58 (100%)
boxes.gif

IGN review 8.0/10

Wal-Mart:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preorder from Walmart / Sam's Club and get this in game gold [/FONT]Lancer[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] proton pack. The gold proton pack shows the world you can hunt ghosts in
style.
[/FONT]Preorder from Walmart

BestBuy:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preorder from Best Buy and you can choose to play as either [/FONT]Bill Murray's older brother the[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Mayor or the [/FONT]Smoker Zombie[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Ghoul. It was only a matter of time before the ghostbusters made the paranormal part of the team. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preorder from Best Buy[/FONT]

noname.gif

GameStop [DEADish]:

• In-Store 30% used game trade in bonus towards this title.
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Preorder from GameStop and get an exclusive Ghostbusters T-Shirt[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] In game alternate suit (color). Available for online and in-store customers, while supplies last.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] $10 Movie cash[/FONT]
[quote name='rodieremix']also counts toward their movie promo where you get free $10 movie cash.[/QUOTE]
Preorder from GameStop now

Game Crazy Ghostbusters preorder deal:
Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us.
The Stay-Puft Marshmellow Man.
Pre-order Ghostbusters and receive a free Stay Puft Marshmellow Man Figure. Offer good while supplies last.
pre_ghostbusters.jpg

Also, eligible for $30 with the trade in of select games towards Ghostbusters:
Thanks Seventh_sage
Details:

[quote name='seventh_sage']I received an e-mail from Game Crazy saying that not only do you get the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man Figure for pre-ordering but if you trade in any of the following games you get $30 credit (as long as you trade them in towards the purchase of the Ghostbusters game):

• Animal crossing: city folk
  • bionic commando
  • cod:waw (ps3, 360)
  • chronicles of riddick: dark athena
  • fallout 3, fear 2: project orgin,
  • fuel the godfather 2
  • halo wars
  • infamous
  • killzone 2
  • left 4 dead
  • little big planet
  • mad world
  • mario kart (wii)
  • mk vs dc
  • prototype
  • punch-out
  • re5
  • street fighter 4
  • super smash bros brawl
[/QUOTE]

Target:
Preorder is eligible for the $5 giftcard deal.

Toys R' Us:
$20 Gift Card with in-store purchase

Amazon:
Has the ridiculous exclusive "Slimer Edition" bundle.
$129.99
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Included in the Slimer Edition:
[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] An exclusive 10" Slimer bust designed and created by the original movie sculptor, Steve Johnson. Comes complete with a certificate of authenticity signed by the sculptor himself. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Exclusive Ghostbusters Minimates. Only available with the Slimer Edition. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Exclusive Ghostbusters Gamer Graffix Console Skins. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Exclusive Ecto 1 Key Chain with lights and sound.[/FONT]

minimates.jpg

4105fj8eooL._SS350_.jpg

slimerfigure.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='voice4hire']Z(+)DIAC, Here's the link to the in-store page:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspag...type=page&entryURLID=&contentId=1118843518460

The important part is under the FAQ, which reads,

Hope that helps. I'm printing that page.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for this!

However, where is there official info about the Toys R' Us' deal? I couldn't find anything on their website. Is it in their ad?

When I've pricematched at BB before, they've always required a website printout or ad.

[quote name='jpw21683']Thanks for this!

However, where is there official info about the Toys R' Us' deal? I couldn't find anything on their website. Is it in their ad?

When I've pricematched at BB before, they've always required a website printout or ad.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's on the front page of their weekly circular, which can be found here: http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysrus/default.aspx?action=entryflash&

Just print off the first page.

PS: I just got back from BB with Ghostbusters and a $20 GC! SCORE!

Well whatever the case, it doesn't hurt to attempt it. Worse case scenario, you could always try Wal-Mart or hell, even get the original deal from TRU.

Gamestop.com shipped my preorders. i forgot i preordered from them, lol. looks like my t-shirts are shipped with the games, but i forgot there was the alternative outfit code. anyone else who preordered from GS.com got their codes yet? it might take a week, i think.

UGH, I just picked it up from gamestop. They have their stupid f'n logo plastered across the front for the free in game suit. I should have just canceled the preorder and gone to TRU. Bah

I actually like my gamestops employees, but this is crap. I dunno if i'll buy from them again.

[quote name='Kanik']Anyone manage to have any luck getting the GameCrazy folk to honor the $30 trade in deal towards Ghostbusters?[/QUOTE]I'm going to try in about 30 minutes. I'm bringing a printout, since they don't know their own fucking promotions.

[quote name='Bubbakja']UGH, I just picked it up from gamestop. They have their stupid f'n logo plastered across the front for the free in game suit. I should have just canceled the preorder and gone to TRU. Bah

I actually like my gamestops employees, but this is crap. I dunno if i'll buy from them again.[/QUOTE]

really? That sucks.. This is the DLC I like the most- but I don't know if it's worth 20 bucks (TRU deal).

[quote name='Bubbakja']UGH, I just picked it up from gamestop. They have their stupid f'n logo plastered across the front for the free in game suit. I should have just canceled the preorder and gone to TRU. Bah

I actually like my gamestops employees, but this is crap. I dunno if i'll buy from them again.[/QUOTE]

wow, really? maybe when they email me the code i'll return the game to them, hehehe

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Well whatever the case, it doesn't hurt to attempt it. Worse case scenario, you could always try Wal-Mart or hell, even get the original deal from TRU.[/QUOTE]
I've tried and was denied. And funny story with TRU, they wouldn't honor their add for a $20 gc with purchase of Prototype so now I'm in a dispute with TRU corporate.

[quote name='Bubbakja']UGH, I just picked it up from gamestop. They have their stupid f'n logo plastered across the front for the free in game suit. [/QUOTE]

Huh, picked mine up from GS this a.m. w/ t-shirt and movie cash, no logo on the case.

-veggielasagna

still waiting to see if anyone got the buy 1 get the second 20% off AND the 20 gift card from bestbuy.. please post.

Best Buy gave me $20 off the price of Ghostbusters (PS3) instead of the gift card when pricematching TRU.
Works for me!
Only cost $42.39.

This was in Southfield, MI (12 Mile and Telegraph).

[quote name='Evolved']I've tried and was denied. And funny story with TRU, they wouldn't honor their add for a $20 gc with purchase of Prototype so now I'm in a dispute with TRU corporate.[/QUOTE]

did u read the ad? prototype is not part of the 20 gc deal, but of the the buy 1get 2 20%off

[quote name='yedgee']Best Buy gave me $20 off the price of Ghostbusters (PS3) instead of the gift card when pricematching TRU.
Works for me!
Only cost $42.39.

This was in Southfield, MI (12 Mile and Telegraph).[/QUOTE]

Crazy, I grew up a block or two from there behind the kmart on telegraph :)

This is the last time I make an internet mail order with Gamestop. Unlike Amazon, GS doesn't even ship your order until release day. So I won't even get my game for another two or three days.

I didn't go to TRU, but I did print off the TRU ad and took it to Best Buy so I could just flat out get the game for $39.99 instead of having to worry about some gift card to use in the future on something else.

I also printed off the Best Buy price matching policy to take with me. If I hadn't printed that off also, I don't think they were actually going to follow their own policy...like they seem to do all the time. They couldn't really turn me down since I had that printed off of their own web site.

I was gonna pass for now at $59.99, even with a gift card from TRU, but getting it for $39.99 flat out made it totally worth it to me.

so Bestbuy refused to PM the TRU gift card deal...even had their policy printed out

How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?
The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer.

The managers interpretation of that part of the policy was that the BB price would need to be higher than $79.99 for them to PM (TRU Price of $59.99 + 20 GC)...I tried to explain his flaw in that logic but no go

Since it was the last copy in the store I brought it and figured will call corporate tonight to see what they say or tomorrow go to another BB see if they will PM or go TRU and get their deal

[quote name='pedmart']did u read the ad? prototype is not part of the 20 gc deal, but of the the buy 1get 2 20%off[/QUOTE]
Last weeks deals is what I was referring to.

[quote name='HandsDown']so Bestbuy refused to PM the TRU gift card deal...even had their policy printed out

The managers interpretation of that part of the policy was that the BB price would need to be higher than $79.99 for them to PM (TRU Price of $59.99 + 20 GC)...I tried to explain his flaw in that logic but no go

Since it was the last copy in the store I brought it and figured will call corporate tonight to see what they say or tomorrow go to another BB see if they will PM or go TRU and get their deal[/QUOTE]
What you quoted only applies if Best Buy is offferring a gift card with purchase as well. That is not the case in this situation. What the maneger said doesn't make any sense either though.

[quote name='HandsDown']so Bestbuy refused to PM the TRU gift card deal...even had their policy printed out

Since it was the last copy in the store I brought it and figured will call corporate tonight to see what they say or tomorrow go to another BB see if they will PM or go TRU and get their deal[/QUOTE]

I am highly anti-Best Buy and only shop there when I know that I'm screwing them over, legally. Either by doing things like this, etc...

Don't settle for going to another BB.

Call corporate and go all into what they did, and at the end say that you feel you deserve something for the time wasted, and get yourself a gift card of some amount.

Screw BB.

For what it's worth, the TRU giftcard is supposed to be a Ghostbusters specific one. Has Stay-Puft on it, as well as indicating that it expires 7/29/09.

Just throwing that out there.

Have they been doing that for a while? I don't remember seeing game-specific cards before... but I also haven't bought a game/card combo at TRU since Galaxy.

[quote name='Downhome']I didn't go to TRU, but I did print off the TRU ad and took it to Best Buy so I could just flat out get the game for $39.99 instead of having to worry about some gift card to use in the future on something else.

I also printed off the Best Buy price matching policy to take with me. If I hadn't printed that off also, I don't think they were actually going to follow their own policy...like they seem to do all the time. They couldn't really turn me down since I had that printed off of their own web site.

I was gonna pass for now at $59.99, even with a gift card from TRU, but getting it for $39.99 flat out made it totally worth it to me.[/QUOTE]

Can up post what you printed out? I can't find anything that says they have to honor the TRU deal.

Kind of wish I jumped on the bestbuy deal now if they are indeed knocking $20 off. Considering I have gift cards to waste. I'll stick with nextgen now but if they don't ship by thursday I will see if it can be canceled.

[quote name='Evolved']Can up post what you printed out? I can't find anything that says they have to honor the TRU deal.[/QUOTE]

Print out this entire page:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...=cat10011&contentId=1118843518460&id=cat12098

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?
The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer.

If they give you ANY crap, either saying that's not true or that they can't because it's a "Ghostbusters" gift card, or any other stupidity, ask to talk to a manager. That likely wont work if an idiot employee has been taught not to follow their own policy anyway though, so just leave and smile telling them you're gonna call corporate. When you call them, explain, and they will likely give you a free gift card for your trouble.

fk bb.. they didn't want to pm anythin.. the gift card or the 20% disc.(bay pkwy, brooklyn NY)
they gave me the same reason, that they should be offering a gift card too and then if the price was different they price match.. so dumb..
i bought from trus and the price in the receipt can probably be priced match and then i can return the gamme to tru

[quote name='pedmart']to those who pm at bestbuy, did u guys get the extra bonus characters bestbuy was offering?[/QUOTE]

Yesssiiiir!

[quote name='pedmart']to those who pm at bestbuy, did u guys get the extra bonus characters bestbuy was offering?[/QUOTE]

I believe the code for the BB extra character is inside the box

[quote name='HandsDown']I believe the code for the BB extra character is inside the box[/QUOTE]

Spot on!

[quote name='Downhome']Print out this entire page:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...=cat10011&contentId=1118843518460&id=cat12098

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

If they give you ANY crap, either saying that's not true or that they can't because it's a "Ghostbusters" gift card, or any other stupidity, ask to talk to a manager. That likely wont work if an idiot employee has been taught not to follow their own policy anyway though, so just leave and smile telling them you're gonna call corporate. When you call them, explain, and they will likely give you a free gift card for your trouble.[/QUOTE]

That quote means nothing. Best Buy is not offerring a gift card with purchase.

If best buy was selling ghostbusters with a $10 gc and TRU was offering it with a $20 gc then Best buy would match that offer. However this is not the case. Also, read this.
Exclusions:
The Price Guarantee does not apply to our or our competitors' free offers, limited-quantity items, items for sale Thanksgiving day through the Saturday after Thanksgiving, open-box items, clearance items, Outlet Center items, mail-in offers, financing, bundle offers or pricing errors.
The gift card is the "free" item here.

I find it to be incredibly frustrating that some BB stores will price match while other BB stores will not.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Why not try another BB? Or again, in the worse case scenario just go pick it up at TRU?[/QUOTE]

All BB's in the area say the same thing. I will go to TRU but I'd prefer to not give them my business.

Got the Amazon Slimer Edition today so here are some pics:

CIMG0049.jpg

CIMG0047.jpg

A few notes:

• The sculpture is quite nice and comes with a certificate of authenticity indicating that only 6,500 have been made. This seems to imply that the total number across all three platforms is 6,500.
  • Unfortunately, the Slimer Edition is the same for each platform. You are simply given a standard copy of the game along with the collectibles. This means collectors only need to purchase one copy.
  • The R.I.P. figures were removed and the price dropped about a week ago.
  • The Ecto-1 keychain makes sounds and is supposedly a US exclusive.
  • I have no idea what you're supposed to do with the Gamer Graffix Skins.

Picked up Ghostbusters & Fallout 3 for PS3 from TRU to stack:

* free $20 GC with Ghostbusters
* $20 off Fallout 3 (usually $60)
* 20% off Fallout 3 (buy one, get another 20% off)
* $10 in reward club vouchers

All up, $81.98 for Fallout 3, Ghostbusters, $20 gift card.

I buy a lot of Lego from TRU when they have deals so GCs are great for me :D

[quote name='nem2k2']Picked up Ghostbusters & Fallout 3 for PS3 from TRU to stack:

* free $20 GC with Ghostbusters
* $20 off Fallout 3 (usually $60)
* 20% off Fallout 3 (buy one, get another 20% off)
* $10 in reward club vouchers

All up, $81.98 for Fallout 3, Ghostbusters, $20 gift card.

I buy a lot of Lego from TRU when they have deals so GCs are great for me :D[/QUOTE]

Nicely played, then. :)

Quote:
Exclusions:
The Price Guarantee does not apply to our or our competitors' free offers, limited-quantity items, items for sale Thanksgiving day through the Saturday after Thanksgiving, open-box items, clearance items, Outlet Center items, mail-in offers, financing, bundle offers or pricing errors.

I find it to be incredibly frustrating that some BB stores will price match while other BB stores will not.

Print that FAQ page and stick it their face, Evolved. This is a price match that is specifically covered in a question below the exclusions. Split hairs with them right back. They sure as hell won't print how the PM with a gift card works if it actually fell in those excluded items. Give 'em hell! I threatened to call corporate if they didn't apply all the discounts. So they applied the $20 gift card as a PM on both Ghostbusters and GH: Smash Hits, with the latter getting the 20% off, too.

Final prices: (These were both on PS3, btw) GB - $39.99, GH:SH - $23.99 (after they did a TRU PM for $49.99, the $20 GC reduction, and then the $6 20% reduction.)

Hoo-freaking-rah. Kiss my ass, BB.

I picked up ghostbusters at TRU today they gave me a regular old gift card. I also picked up riddick to get 20% off. But the way ghostbusters rings up it takes $20 off the game and charge you for the gift card, so instead of 20% off riddick it took 20% off of the $40 ring up of ghostbusters, kinda lame.

[quote name='Bucknut']I picked up ghostbusters at TRU today they gave me a regular old gift card. I also picked up riddick to get 20% off. But the way ghostbusters rings up it takes $20 off the game and charge you for the gift card, so instead of 20% off riddick it took 20% off of the $40 ring up of ghostbusters, kinda lame.[/QUOTE]

That is a sneaky-bastard way of screwing you out of a couple of dollars.

[quote name='voice4hire']That is a sneaky-bastard way of screwing you out of a couple of dollars.[/QUOTE]

Heard that, thinking of taking it back, riddick that is.

[quote name='Evolved']That quote means nothing. Best Buy is not offerring a gift card with purchase.

If best buy was selling ghostbusters with a $10 gc and TRU was offering it with a $20 gc then Best buy would match that offer. However this is not the case. Also, read this.

I find it to be incredibly frustrating that some BB stores will price match while other BB stores will not.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy price matched TRU's GC for me today. They just knocked $20 off the price.

Ghostbusters for $40 from Best Buy = better than a $20 TRU Gift Card.

[quote name='voice4hire']That is a sneaky-bastard way of screwing you out of a couple of dollars.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I had worked out exact change before I went over there and was surprised it was $120 instead of $117. Not a huge deal, obviously, but that is pretty underhanded IMHO.

Picked up at GS. Looking for BB or Walmart Codes... Have an extra GS code and will only trade for a BB Code or Walmart code so no beggers! Thanks! PM ME! :bouncy:

*******EDIT***********
For those who beat the game already, is the song "Saving The Day" by Alessi in the game? Perhaps on a final boss battle or? Anyone?

All of the in-game exclusive codes come inside the package and not as seperate cards (Gamestop, Best Buy and Walmart). I think I'm going to get the Best Buy one and return my Gamestop one.

Best Buy would not let me pick up my pre-order copy from the store today. I stopped by after work.
They actually had it in-hand and the kid was about to hand it to me but then he said the system was showing the release date is not until tomorrow so I can't sign it over to you.

I didn't know about gift card restrictions. Promotional offer : Gift Card Expires 7/31/09. Card is Valid Beginning 6 hours after activation. I wanted to pick up another game and use the gift card.

All of the local TRU stores are pretty far out of the way for me, so I decided to try my luck at a BB price match. Printed the ad and the price match policy, and took them along with a copy of the game up to the customer service counter. The guy looked confused for a moment, said he didn't know whether they could match gift card offers, and then asked the manager. She said to check on the deal, and match it if it was legit. So I waited around for a bit while he looked it up on the website and called one of the TRU stores (wihile a long and irritated-looking line built up behind me -- oops!). He confirmed it, and did the price match.

For whatever reason he insisted on matching them exactly, charging me full price and giving me a $20 BB GC, rather than just dropping it to $39.99, but whatever -- I shop there often enough that I'll use GC soon enough on things that I would have bought regardless. Much faster than I would have used one for TRU, anyway.

Question. Would anyone know if there is a different SKU for the Gamestop version of the game with the code? There is a label printed on with the box art. I wanted to pick the game up at TRU like I normally do but due to my hectic new schedule did the midnight at Gamestop so I could get more time with the game to beat it. Was going to purchase at TRU and return the sealed copy back to Gamestop. Just seeing if anyone knows. I'm under assumption that they are the same SKU and just for the first batch of shipment have the code.

bread's done
Back