Consolidated Metroid Prime Trilogy Thread: GameStop-Exclusive T-Shirt

the_punisher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
200 (100%)
230637b.jpg

Amazon- Metroid Prime Trilogy - $46.99:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002ATY7JE/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20
There appears to be no regular edition listed, and the Collector's Edition also appear to be exclusive to Amazon.

Best Buy- $49.99 + $10 GC
[quote name='eau']BestBuy RZ members get a free $10 GC with in-store purchase of the game.
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/viewDetails.jspx?tc=CPN_METRD[/QUOTE]

Gamecrazy- $49.99 with Free Baseball Cap
http://www.gamecrazy.com/games/game.aspx?id=14445
pre_metroid.jpg

GameStop- Metroid Prime Trilogy - with Bonus!- $49.99
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74982

Pre-order at GameStop for a free t-shirt, seen below (yep, awesome):
230637_bonusLG.jpg

Text from Joystiq's article:

If you were jealous of Japan's New Play Control releases of Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, don't be. Nintendo of America just announced plans to release all three (non-pinball) Metroid Prime games on a single Wii disc as Metroid Prime Trilogy. The press release says that it was developed by "Retro Studios and Nintendo." Did Retro itself work on the refit before leaving Nintendo, or does the Retro credit apply only to the original games?

Metroid Prime 1 and 2 will be enhanced with a widescreen mode and the pointer-based Wii controls from the Japanese re-releases. Metroid Prime 3 won't be, because it was already a Wii game and already has them. The collection will feature a "new unlockables system" that allows access to bonus artwork and other rewards based on accomplishments in all three games -- Corruption's "token" system applied to the whole series.

Trilogy will be out in North America on August 24 for $50.

Last edited by a moderator:
Placed it in my wishlist. Hopefully will seed to my goldbox and that +ECA discount will be an insta-buy for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
To all the "Not a deal" folks:
When there are universal price drop on games/hardware (like Player's Choice/Greatest Hits stuff), people start threads all the time about them and they're considered "deals".

Here, you've got a Fifty Dollar game, now being packed with what would likely have been two additional $30 games - a $110 value, dropping to $50.

I say deal.

Heh, I own all 3 but haven't played any of them. I might actually get this. I must sell the sealed copy I have of MP:C3 before the price tanks! Thanks OP, don't listen to the haters.

[quote name='UncleBob']To all the "Not a deal" folks:
When there are universal price drop on games/hardware (like Player's Choice/Greatest Hits stuff), people start threads all the time about them and they're considered "deals".

Here, you've got a Fifty Dollar game, now being packed with what would likely have been two additional $30 games - a $110 value, dropping to $50.

I say deal.[/QUOTE]

Under your criteria, every single multi-game collection ever released would be a deal. Every GOTY edition would be a deal. Every game that is less than $60 or $50 for the Wii on release would be a "deal". There are literally hundreds of video game related news websites around the web that are carrying this story. We don't need this information cluttering up what is a fairly unique resource for those of us who love games and getting great deals. It's not a debate. This is not a deal, it's a news or discussion item that clearly belongs in another area.

[quote name='bojay1997']Under your criteria, every single multi-game collection ever released would be a deal. Every GOTY edition would be a deal. Every game that is less than $60 or $50 for the Wii on release would be a "deal". There are literally hundreds of video game related news websites around the web that are carrying this story. We don't need this information cluttering up what is a fairly unique resource for those of us who love games and getting great deals. It's not a debate. This is not a deal, it's a news or discussion item that clearly belongs in another area.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Until someone gives this a discount (or preorder bonus), this shouldn't be listed in the deals section of the site.

"Only post specific deals" as it states above.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']By that logic, the announcement of every compilation should be posted in here as a "deal."[/QUOTE]I could live with that.

[quote name='awp']Hmm..tempted to trade in my MP3 (which I haven't played yet) toward this.[/QUOTE]

You and I both. I am so sad.

[quote name='xycury']wow how many fucking statements can we get about a deal or not a deal....[/QUOTE]

Until Howie asks the question. ;)

[quote name='coffeeedge']by that logic, the announcement of every compilation should be posted in here as a "deal."

this is an announcement, not a deal.[/quote]

+1

If this was for a Sony or Microsoft game, the fanboys would be all over each other. Please...

images

[quote name='oasisboy']If this was for a Sony or Microsoft game, the fanboys would be all over each other.[/QUOTE]They seemed pretty well behaved in the Raiden Fighters Aces thread.

[quote name='GlassAgate']So, how are the controls in the 3rd game?[/QUOTE]

EXCELLENT. It works better than any other FPS I've played on the Wii.

Having all three games on one disc? This is a must-buy, especially because of the enhancements.

I'm more bittersweet about this announcement more than anything. Back in the GC days I was a pretty big Nintendo fan. And as any Nintendo fan would do, I purchased MP and Echos on launch. I lean more towards 360 now but still picked up Corruption on launch because it was a Nintendo exclusive. I personally hate when companies make goty edition, or bundled games mainly because I know about 90% of the time that I am now screwed out of money. I understand that they do it to increase profit when games die down but when people spend $60 for MP1, $60 for MP2, and $50 for MP3 = $170 then now they come out with this for $50, it puts gamers between a rock and a hard place. As much as I like purchasing the Wii exclusives, I will not be picking this up.

I tracked down copies of both Metroid Prime and Echoes just before Corruption came out, and I forced myself to complete both games before firing up Corruption so I would understand the overall arching plot. They're solid titles, and I thoroughly enjoyed each of them.

I'll likely pick this up for the enhanced controls and unlockables, but not at the launch price.

.....and that's how my solid year of not buying a retail Wii game ends. Smart move, Nintendo. You earned my money....just change that box art, would ya? It's rather dull.:lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='Tallboy2005']I'm more bittersweet about this announcement more than anything. Back in the GC days I was a pretty big Nintendo fan. And as any Nintendo fan would do, I purchased MP and Echos on launch. I lean more towards 360 now but still picked up Corruption on launch because it was a Nintendo exclusive. I personally hate when companies make goty edition, or bundled games mainly because I know about 90% of the time that I am now screwed out of money. I understand that they do it to increase profit when games die down but when people spend $60 for MP1, $60 for MP2, and $50 for MP3 = $170 then now they come out with this for $50, it puts gamers between a rock and a hard place. As much as I like purchasing the Wii exclusives, I will not be picking this up.[/QUOTE]

Except that MP1 & 2 cost $50 as well - you paid $60? WTF? How the Shaq-Fu are you 'between a rock and a hard place' because you bought a game at MSRP 5 years ago? That doesn't make any sense.

That, and MP1 came out in like 2003 or 2004, it's over 5 years old, and this is an enhanced version. Other GC updates are selling for $30 standalone, and this is all 3 games for less than $20 apiece, with 2 of them being updated and remastered, so to speak. Nintendo could have easily released the 1st two games for $30 each and they'd still sell well. This is Nintendo doing fan service, since they usually safe-guard their 1st party titles.

[quote name='johnnypark']This is Nintendo doing fan service, since they usually safe-guard their 1st party titles.[/QUOTE]

Is it?

Not to say I'm not pleased with the three-pack, but Nintendo knows that the first to games can be found for the GameCube - easily - for under $10 each. MP1 is like $5 used at GameStop. Asking $30 each for these would have been a hard sell for a lot of people.

Contrast that with the two Pikmin games. They could have (should have?) been released as a two-pack. But with the high after-market prices for Pikmin 2 (and, to some extent, Pikmin 1), they knew $30 wasn't asking too much.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a great deal. But it's more of a smart business move than a fan service.

I bought MP1 for $6 at Gamestop and MP2 for $13 new at Target on Final Clearance and said I would play through both before getting MP3.

I only got about 20% through MP1 before picking up a few other Wii Games to focus on and haven't gotten back to it. This is a great deal for me to get all 3 and get the add'l controls/content.

Now I just have to figure out how to port my savegame over! ;)

Very nice. I'm going to click on it everyday and hopefully it'll appear in my Gold Box.. and ontop of the ECA discount I'll get this for $39.99

Don't laugh
Do you think there's even a remote chance that a save file from the original Corruption would work with this disc?

I'm guessing that save files should be compatible with the trilogy disc since it's probably going to be the same version of the game as the stand-alone one. But we won't know for sure until it's released.

Totally buying this. Played the original on Gamecube hardcore during Thanksgiving the year it came out. Now whenever I think of Metroid Prime, I think of Thanksgiving.

I never played any of the Game Cube/Wii entries of the series, and figured it isn't a bad deal when Amazon sells it (currently) for 46.99 + The ECA Discount. I feel its a deal.

[quote name='BlueSwim'].....and that's how my solid year of not buying a retail Wii game ends. Smart move, Nintendo. You earned my money....just change that box art, would ya? It's rather dull.:lol::lol::lol:[/QUOTE]

For real, with this, Mario Galaxy 2, and Metroid Other M my Wii will finally get some action.

And for all you "no-deal" people, CAG is about bringing gaming on the cheap to gamers who might be interested. This 3-in-1 collection is a good price for three AAA titles, two with upgraded and next-gen controls and graphics. I'm glad this is in the deals section, and I will certainly be picking it up day one. Can't wait to revisit Aether and Tallon IV.

Red Steel 2 is supposed to come out in August as well. It's going to be hard choosing between this trilogy or RS2.

[quote name='RCS0926']Red Steel 2 is supposed to come out in August as well. It's going to be hard choosing between this trilogy or RS2.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was November.

[quote name='Nintendokid54']the GS pre order comes with a shirt... But i dont know the size... this makes all the difference on where i should order it from...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if it's XL or something than it's worthless.

Also, is there going to be a non-collectors edition ever? As in, is the CE limited or not...

I hope you can use the GameCube controls for the old ones as an alternate entry (even if you don't get the fancy special hop from the wiimote). I learned the games on the Gamecube controllers and having not played Corruption yet I'm admittedly cautious about how the Wii controls will handle.

[quote name='Kurai_Seraphim']I hope you can use the GameCube controls for the old ones as an alternate entry (even if you don't get the fancy special hop from the wiimote). I learned the games on the Gamecube controllers and having not played Corruption yet I'm admittedly cautious about how the Wii controls will handle.[/QUOTE]

you cant use gamecube contrl

I never pre-order but I've been looking forward to this game, I'm a huge sucker for steel books and I doubt the price will drop anytime soon. Does anybody know whether if I pre-order from Amazon, I can cancel the pre-order later without consequence (e.g., I change my mind, I find a better deal somewhere else, etc)?

[quote name='dchrisd']I never pre-order but I've been looking forward to this game, I'm a huge sucker for steel books and I doubt the price will drop anytime soon. Does anybody know whether if I pre-order from Amazon, I can cancel the pre-order later without consequence (e.g., I change my mind, I find a better deal somewhere else, etc)?[/QUOTE]
As long as you cancel before it ships.

Saw this on Kotaku earlier this morning, and decided I have to order it. I'm not a Metroid fanatic, but I'm ordering because it's a steelbook.

bread's done
Back