Contest (CAGcast #99) Win one of 3 PS2 Console+Buzz bundles from UGO and the CAGcast

Aquaria Ahoy!

Weird… the site’s apparently gone now. Did they get hacked? Forget to pay the hosting bill?
Posted by sidlon on 12/08 at 03:49 PM

Wires? We Don’t Need No Stinkin’ Wires

I just wonder why Nyko can put motion controls into the nunchuck part and not make their own remote? What gives? Is it the pointy stuff that’s hard and the motion control is easy? I kind of doubt it.
Posted by The-Bavis on 12/08 at 04:03 PM

I need a ps2 console...i've never had one....>_<

hmmm, the extra wire annoys me when i play virtual console games with the classic controller(since the wiimote will then basically just be sitting in my lap), but i dont know if i would pay and put my faith in nyko to take care of this problem. i can deal. interesting though.

Posted by TripMasterMunky on 12/08 at 04:29 PM

http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/wombats_basement_years_revisited/
I loved the old ShadowRun games too, especially the Genesis version, due to the randomized and open-world elements. Of course, it would be great to have a ShadowRun on modern consoles that combines the best elements of both version, the P&P faithfulness of the Genesis version with the excellent storyline of the SNES version. Heck, even the SNES’ point and click interface would work well on the Wii or DS.

Crimson Skies was a flight game with plenty of spirit. The PC original was memorable for its wonderful music, voice acting, and general atmosphere. High Road to Revenge made the game much simpler and more accessible, and you know something? In a rare outcome in a case like this, it worked (Unlike say, Deus Ex: Invisible War or Tribes: Vengeance). HRtR was a blast in both single and multi-player, and the simpler system made it easy for both veterans and newcomers to master the game.

As I said in my topic on CAG’s General Gaming board, GameSutra speculates that Smith & Tinker may be working on some sort of online game, perhaps even an MMO, due to a job posting on their web site requiring “Web 2.0 and online game experience.” Personally, I would like to see either Crimson Skies or Mechwarrior get an MMO, as they both have a focus on customizing, and they both have a expansive universe with many factions and areas. ShadowRun would be nice, but after the last game, I would rather see the type of SR game that I detailed above released.
Posted by Cao Cao on 12/08 at 05:01 PM

Comment on the article "Wires? We Don't Need No Stinkin' Wires"

"I have three wii-motes, and only two nunchuks, so this may get me to fill in that missing nunchuk slot eventually."

I played Deus Ex on the xbox and didn’t really get into it. I’ll give numero 3 a try.

Posted by magiic on 12/08 at 06:31 PM

Aquaria Ahoy!

The game has been featured on Joystiq, Kotaku, Destructoid and to a lesser extent, GameSetWatch and here. I guess the developers were not expecting the simultaneous traffic from the blogosphere. I was going to download the trial just now also. :whistle2:S
Posted by Plac1d on 12/08 at 07:29 PM

nice live show

Wouldn't it be harder to find both remotes? One less wire wouldn't make a difference. Game developers make games with the thought that there is a wire between the nunchuck and the wiimote.

Ninja’s are funny and so be Wombat
Posted by natewhs152 on 12/09 at 01:20 AM

I better win one of these days

"Eh, like many others I can't remember a single time that the cord has gotten in my way. I see no need to suck more battery power for a likely crappy numchuck."
Posted by Gillespee on 12/09 at 01:33 AM

I have never used a third party product that worked as well as the first party product of the same kind. This wireless crap is probably quite a bit more expensive, and I think that it will mess up eventually.

Posted by StickyWaffles20 on 12/09 at 09:02 AM

Aquaria Ahoy!

great thanks for the heads up, game looks amazing, i love the open nature of it, cant wait for this one to come out.

:lol: Winning a contest like this might make me a Sony Fan boy! I just need to drink from the Sony cool aide! Seriously though I have been amazed at the picture quality of the PS3 and this is from an avowed PC Gamer who has a very high end rig!

Here's my comment from the site:

This is one of the truly amazing indie games out there (talking about Aquaria). Please go support this devver! (and then check out Cryptic Allusion: cagames.com ...we could use some major indie support too! Thanks!)

Re: Friday Morning YouTubeness: Down Under Edition

The funny thing is that 80’s game commercials with shitty graphics show off more gameplay footage than most current ads.
Posted by rockwhore on 12/09 at 02:39 PM

Good luck, me!

Grand Theft Auto IV: New Trailer

I think that this trailer was really great compare to the others before.

Posted by Khalid on 12/09 at 05:15 PM

Heee.. this is what I have on UGO.

Title: Win More Free Stuff From UGO & CAG

Comment:
Buzz!? OMG! This is the game I don’t usually pay attention to in the store! I got to have this! :p

My Deus Ex 3 fears... (a fanboy rant)

i’ve never played part one(it’s in my huge pile of shame), and i started Invisible War on the xbox and i really liked it. i didn’t finish it. i rarely finish games which is kinda sad. i’m really looking forward to this game and at the same time i’m really worried.

Posted by die138 on 12/09 at 06:49 PM

Posted by Rusty on 12/06 at 03:07 PM

Can’t wait… for the PC version… with all the bugs fixed… and non-crap aiming. WASD and a mouse fit III, Vice City, and San Andreas well.
Posted by Korny on 12/09 at 06:59 PM

Posted by Wombat on 12/07 at 12:20 PM

Very cool! If the Nunchuk is actually good quality and the battery lasts, I may buy this
smile.gif
But I’ve never used a third party controller that I’ve enjoyed… :(

Posted by ep2011 on 12/09 at 07:15 PM

Todays reason for a cold shower.

Video game awards are cringe-worthy at best. I remember the first time I watched one, I talked my brother in law to watch with me. I was kinda embarrassed by the crap they put on. I felt responsible strangely enough. That kinda crap you kinda wanna watch alone.

Posted by Xninja on 12/09 at 07:30 PM

Was disappointed with the trailer. It looked good over all and showed some of what the game with have in it, but I really wanted a gameplay trailer; especially with how close the game is to release.

Posted by ighosty on 12/09 at 07:49 PM

This doesn’t make the video game industry look too legitimate. Why can’t we try to be a little more professional?

Posted by genius33 on 12/09 at 09:10 PM

Somehow the preview picture was hotter than the video itself. Maybe it’s because she started talking…

Posted by mayamayouidiot on 12/09 at 10:45 PM

4,450 Reasons to Love World of Warcraft

Not sure if you’re really asking the question, but collector edition pets is either a panda, a zergling, or a mini diablo. They don’t do much but just for show. The panda sleeps, the diablod breathes fire (rarely), and the zergling is a disappointment. I don’t know...$115 for a figurine doesn’t sound that much, even though I quit a long time ago....haha.

Posted by gem on 12/05 at 07:23 PM

Under "Wires? We don't Need No Stinkin' Wires"

I’m going to wait.
It’s a NEAT idea..but Nyko? Feh.
I just know that EVENTUALLY Nintendo will release wireless versions of their Nuncuk. They will eventually do a wireless Classic Controller, too.
They will be like $30, and all of us idiots will pay for it..and Nintendo will be printing more money.

Man, we are so dumb.

Again, I say..Feh.
Posted by lilboo on 12/10 at 10:51 AM

hope I'm not too late!

Under Microsoft Loves Money - great article btw

"That’s a great analogy Wombat. I have 30 MS points available on my account right now, which I’ll never be able to spend. I hate not being able to pay per individual transaction, or at least purchase points 100 at a time. iTunes doesn’t seem to have the same problem."

"It doesn't show it in the picture but I am glad they at least thought to add a wrist strap to the nunchuk as there are more and more games coming out which require you to shake it".

-
-
-

The wire between the wiimote and nunchuk never bothered me. What would bother me is the clunky looking receiver attached to the end of the wiimote. No thanks Nyko, I’ll pass....

Posted by StLRamsFan on 12/10 at 01:26 PM

Breaking News Microsoft Loves Money

That's crap. Reminds me of winning skee ball tickets and not having enough to get the big cool thing and ending up with fake glass plastic animals and throwing the rest of the tickets(aka the money you spent on skee ball)away.
I thought comps in vegas were the grown-up equivalent of stinky skee ball tickets. But no, it's XBox points.
Thanks THE MAN for sticking it to us yet again.

Posted by Karga on 12/10 at 2:04pm

Good point. Hadn’t thought of the Best Buy analogy

Posted by Nathan Spicer on 12/10 at 10:18 AM

(on Breaking News: Microsoft Loves Money)

From "Breaking News: Microsoft Loves Money"...

Ha, nice Best Buy analogy. I agree that the point system sucks, but hey- what are you going to do? It's a way that Microsoft makes a ton of money, so they're never going to change it.

Ever. Well said, Wombat.

Nice contest idea, guys. Keep up the good work!

My comment:

I can relate. I wish I could go back and make older controllers wireless! I hated that my PS2 didn’t have an equivalent to the Wavebird. I found the Logitech Wireless PS2 pad but got rid of it after getting a slim PS2 and the receiver lifted the system up because it was too big! I re-bought one when I found out it came with a smaller receiver. I for the life of me can’t understand why we don’t have a wireless Classic Controller for the Wii with Rumble. Well, still no rumble but the CC without the cord would be nice with the nyko attachment. The 360 pad is almost perfect except for the D-Pad. If I had my way I would make a controller with the Saturn D-Pad, the 360 analog sticks, wireless, and with rumble....now that would be innovation and a work of art!

Microsoft Loves Money

I can understand the rant. I’ve been feeling the same since they implemented this crap. Maybe one day it will change and maybe move towards what Sony is doing but I have a feeling it won’t.

Posted by Negronometry on 12/10 at 06:20 PM

Finally someone said the same thing I've been thinking since the "dawn of microtransactions". I wrote a nice big comment chastising Sony for the same thing. It's the one from Mike Marshall. CAGs unite!

Wombat’s Basement Years: Revisited

http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/wombats_basement_years_revisited/

Didn’t figure out what girls were until I got into college, and 20 years later I still don’t know what to do with them—ask my wife.

But, I did play the hell out of some D&D—I was a little early for Shadow Run, but we squeezed a little bit of Traveler in there as well. And, who could forget Car Wars from Steve Jackson Games in the great little plastic cases that made everything so easy to carry—all those damn little car shits were so thin.
Posted by DonsSword on 12/11 at 09:17 AM

I need another PS2 to replace the one that I have which is making crazy noises. Don't want to have to explain to the wife why I need to buy a new PS2...

No Wii On Your Telly

Do they honestly think that not showing the ads is going to help ease the demand. I believe they have created the shortage in order to fuel the demand. It’s only human nature for people to want what they can’t have.

Posted by dragonfire on 12/10 at 11:52 PM
m
_uacct = "UA-2450172-1";urchinTracker();

Wires We Don't Need No Stinkin' Wires

I don’t know, seems kind of useless to me. I don’t see the need to buy something that is wireless if the cord is less than 3 feet long. Think I’ll have to pass.

Posted by Tee_Ken on 12/10 at 11:59 PM

I have never owned a Playstation or PS2---but am dying to play God of War..Actually I bought in the bargin bin the other day, but do not have a console to play it on...how sad is that?
From the Blog:
Totally agree and appreciate the analogy. Hey do it, because we as gamers will continue to put up with it.

bread's done
Back