Contest (CAGcast #99) Win one of 3 PS2 Console+Buzz bundles from UGO and the CAGcast

Grand Theft Auto IV: New Trailer

Every day I really wish they would port this game to Wii, and push the Wii's graphical capabilities...

From the Grand Theft Auto IV: New Trailer:"I’ll be honest, I am a bit behind on the GTA4 news, so this trailer is the first real glimpse of the game for me. That being said, I think it looks interesting. I’m definitely interested in the story, though the character models don’t seem significantly improved from the other games (then again, I haven’t played the others in a while, so my memory might be off). "Posted by Johnny-C on 12/07 at 10:06 AM

I wouldn’t fear so much for Fallout 3. At least with that one you’ve got an excellent developer that has shown they love, respect, and just “get” the source material.

As soon as I heard of Deus Ex 3 I was overjoyed because I remembered the awesomeness of the original. Then once I realized the two main guys behind the game were gone, my hopes evaporated.
Posted by brad on 12/07 at 10:46 AM

More Free Crap from Microsoft

Hell, I downloaded all that were available. You never know what theme is going to suit any given mood. And the price is certainly right.
Posted by Martin on 12/07 at 11:00 AM

Good writing on there Wombat. I had my doubts when you started, but I'm glad to see you come into your own, so cheers.

I think the trailer was nice and gave us a little more story information but still no gameplay. I am getting tried of the grand theft auto games and this one still doesn’t have that WOW factor for me.
Posted by bigriver314 on 12/07 at 11:26 AM

Great Contest and keep up the great show

Wires? We Don't Need No Stinkin' Wires

Sure, the cord sometimes gets a little twisted, but unless my arms grow by a few feet, I’ll probably give this sucker a pass. Of course, if I bought the Nyko Wii-mote charge station, I could afford all the extra batteries I’ll need to power a wireless nunchuk. Hmmm…

Posted by Erich on 12/07 at 12:36 PM

Today’s Reason For a Cold Shower

I like her. She seems smart and interesting.

Posted by polly on 12/07 at 12:54 PM

She is hot but no way could anything make interest in a Crash game.
Posted by darbyjones2184 on 12/07 at 01:04 PM

It wouldn't let me copy and paste for some reason so I just typed it.

[quote name='BioshockBonus Fun']http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/bioshock_bonus_fun/

BioShock is like Prince.
If it wasn’t for Micheal Jackson, Prince would have been the #1 entertainer of his time. BioShock like Prince is a ‘great one’ and in any other time it could have shined but it’s been outclassed always to be remembered as 2nd place/class regardless of how awesome it is by itself.
[/quote]here's my entry

All of the FASA games were great as board games or paper RPGs go. Too bad they couldn’t quite pull off the trifecta in converting them to video games.

Oh well. Here’s hoping that Crimson Skies 2 gets done someday.

Posted by CozmoKhan on 12/07 at 03:04 PM

Keep up the great work on the blog, Wombat.

http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/wombats_basement_years_revisited/

"I can’t see Smith & Tinker choosing another Shadowrun game as their first project - an established gaming franchise like Crimson Skies would be much more likely. I’d like to see a new MechAssault - the possibilities for multiplayer on the 360 would be fantastic. If it was a hit, then I could see a Shadowrun RPG as the followup project."

Posted by maas on 12/07 at 03:04 PM

Wires? We Don’t Need No Stinkin’ Wires

http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/wires_we_dont_need_no_stkinkin_wires/

"I probably wouldn’t buy that; it’s not a bad idea, it’s just that I don’t find the wired nunchuck annoying at all, but I can see people finding this useful, plus, I’m not fond of third party peripherals unless there’s a significant price drop which I don’t see happening with this product

Posted by pablo_vllj on 12/07 at 04:29 PM"

Today’s Reason For a Cold Shower

EA might actually be able to sell cheat codes this way.

Posted by canestim on 12/07 at 06:18 PM

As already mentioned, in crazy Wii remote fling-fests of games, this could definitely come in handy. However it becomes yet another potential T.V Killer.
Posted by jesus0nvi4gra on 12/07 at 06:20 PM

I'd love me some Buzz.

I think this game is going to be good and all but, the graphics...with all of the games we have out now this game looks like its a game coming off of the back end of the original Xbox. I will still be getting it but, I just hope that they can maybe improve the graphics a bit. The character models in particular look kind of last gen.

Posted by Kennygmoney on 12/07 at 06:43 PM

Now you can throw the Nunchuck and the Wiimote at the TV!!! Brilliant!!!

Posted by Smuggie on 12/07 at 08:15 PM

Buzz looks great, but what the hell happened to You Don’t know Jack. That would be great on a console with those button controllers.

Posted by switters on 12/07 at 08:35 PM

"Haha wow - it's not like having the one cord is an issue, considering how it's ONE cord with no others to get tangled up with. Except if you tangle yourself up, in which case this might just be the accessory for you!"

Go, Wombat, Go!

I never played the pen-and-paper game, but I was a huge fan of the Shadowrun game on the Genesis years ago and I love the Crimson Skies HeroClix they made ages ago. Actually, come to think of it, where did I box those away at…

Posted by JoeX111 on 12/07 at 09:47 PM

As already mentioned, in crazy Wii remote fling-fests of games, this could definitely come in handy. However it becomes yet another potential T.V Killer.

Plus I like the comment about the wired remote control on the VCR. Fondly remember it on my old Panasonic that ran about $1000 new.

Here's my quote:

Wii ware anyone???

Posted by Astrxs on 12/07 at 11:04 PM

Thanks for the constest wombat, I only have a GC and an OG XBOX I would love to see what the kids are talking about with their fancy Pee Esss Toos.

Astrxs

Today's Reason for a Cold Shower

I can’t bring myself to call it tasteless, but I’m fairly certain that I can’t call it brilliant. What does this accomplish. If I really wanted a cheat code it would be way easier to look it up then to watch a 1:00 video. If I want to gawk at beautiful women, this works, but I think there are much better options. Now, if I want some comedy these seem to be pure gold. If it weren’t for the fact that the teleprompter setup seems off I would think that they are intentionally made for the comedic effect. But I wonder if this is a case of something being so bad it becomes good again.

Posted by mriswyth on 12/08 at 12:00 AM
http://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/todays_reason_for_a_cold_shower/

My Deus Ex 3

You know, this was the first moment that I learned about the existence of a Deus Ex 3… I can say that I am oficially excited. I really enjoyed the first two.

Posted by Shivy on 12/08 at 12:35 AM

I would like to win please.

Blech. I already have too much wireless stuff going on, I don’t need to get one more thing. Between 2 wiimotes, 2 xbox controllers, 2 sixaxises, the wifi on all three consoles, my pc wifi, my wireless router, my cellphone, my blackberry, my bluetooth headsets, I’m amazed I don’t already have an enormous brain tumor.

Posted by mrlogical on 12/08 at 02:03 AM

Wires? We Dont Need no Stinkin Wires

I am with you and I will pass on this. i would end up loosing it or chucking it and breaking it. Yet the boxing game would be fun with a wireless nunchuk but no one will rush to buy it for that. Also the batteries and charging? them will be another hassle

Posted by Smeag on 12/08 at 03:32 AM

Today's Reason for a Cold Shower: comment #10

"It’s funny how the girls in all of these ads can’t even remember 3 lines of dialogue since during each clip they are looking off camera and reading a prompter."

In the Shadowrun thread (makes me want to download a gensis emulator and play the game again).

I was also quite a fan of the genesis shadow run. I remember when they had the sega tv thing, we used to play shadowrun all the time (a year later or so I finally found it in a store).
If they can make a new one along the lines of that I may get a 360. If it turns out like the SNES one I may puke.

Posted by happy on 12/08 at 11:24 AM

Wires? We Dont Need no Stinkin Wires

it’s a good idea but i’m curious if they’ll break in a month or not

Posted by LiK on 12/08 at 02:15 PM

bread's done
Back