Contest (CAGcast #99) Win one of 3 PS2 Console+Buzz bundles from UGO and the CAGcast

Where Do I Apply?

Ninjas>Pirates
On another note, I hope they do keep on with the original plan and make a trilogy of Assassin’s Creed as I thought the ending was really good.

Good job Wombat

Where Do I Apply?

This definitely took me back to High School, to what we called Hornet Television. I wish I could do fun little things like that for the rest of my life… Though this isn’t a video I was involved in, you can see a video that my fellow HTVer made for our diving team (which consisted of only one person...)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6538825692734197656 Also, this poor kid went on to be the only person on the diving team at UNM…

Franky

Does The Fun Ever Start

cutscenes as a whole (except maybe in RPG’s) need to go away...games like bioshock, half life 2, and call of duty 4 are that much better because there are no cutscenes...i like when games let you get a feel for the game before the action starts but as long as those sequences aren’t too long and not interrupted by cutscene after cutscene ...

Posted by JpMoonwalker on 12/06 at 04:11 PM

Games to Waste Your Day With

Audiosurf(http://www.audio-surf.com/)looks really sweet. And that’s a great idea to have something to go with your music that’s not a boring screen saver. But good news and bad:
bad-nothing’s happening on their website, but good-the game will be released next February.
I didn’t see any info on the site, is it coming out for consoles, or only for the pc?

Posted by Karga on 12/06 at 04:23 PM

Win More Free Stuff From UGO & CAG

Posted by Wombat on 12/06 at 01:48 PM
buzz_coverart.jpg
This Contest is:
A) Better then playing Mass Effect while eating a meatball sub.
B) Better then the idea of an “AO” Rated Mario Brothers Game.
C) Better then dinner with Wombat.
D) Better then dinner with Rusty.
E) All of the above.
F) None of the above.
In conjunction with CheapAssGamer, UGO is giving away 3 copies of Buzz (with four controllers) for the PS2 as well as 3 PS2 Slim Consoles. If you would like to enter just listen here and then go here.
Disclaimer:comments made in this post do not count towards the prize.

Hot Dogs!!

Posted by qbkorso on 12/06 at 04:37 PM

Wombat Returns!

I’ll admit it, I LOLed at “One of these days someone will create a font called “sarcasm”, oh what a glorious day that will be.”

Great to see your back.
Posted by Steve on 11/27 at 11:18 AM

I agree as well, but games now a day are trying to be like a movie and companies probably feel if they just skip right to the action they will get negative reviews.

Posted by nym123 on 12/06 at 04:47 PM

Need more wombat:

Good to see your ego hasn’t been spread too thin by being on all these podcasts/blogs.

kvadair 12/6/07

More Free Crap From Microsoft:
Can't say that I approve of the prices of the Xbox games but free gamerpics are always welcome. There are actually a bunch of them on there so grab'em while you can!

Win More Free Stuff From UGO & CAG

C) Better than dinner with Wombat

But so is sandpapering my wang, so that’s not saying much for the contest.

Posted by Heavy Hitter on 12/06 at 04:49 PM

I try every free theme that comes out. But I always go back to carbon. Call me crazy, but I like to be able to read text.

Does The Fun Ever Start?

As others have said, Super Paper Mario is a horrible offender in this regard. I got it on day one. I sat all that worthless text when I just wanted to run sideways and jump on something. I put it in again the other day after not playing for a while and I couldn’t even figure out how to get out of the little menu/elevator/store town back into the level I left off at. After a few minutes of that I just took it out in disgust and I don’t think I’ll be playing it again. Too bad because the actual game mechanics are so great.
Posted by ramatut4001 on 12/06 at 04:52 PM

I’ll have to wait for the PC version because I can’t afford a 360 right now, but I’m still really excited about this game! I hope the PC version won’t take more than a year to come out.

I Swore I Would Only Buy This Game Once, and That Was in ‘93:

Seeing that magazine ad you posted reminded me of all the crap that I use to see in Gamepro and thinking "Oh man, wouldn't that be cool if I had that!?" Then, my parents of course would always say "no" because we were pretty poor. It's weird how poverty can keep you from realizing advertisers lie ALL THE TIME! ;-)

Happy Weekend, Any Plans?

Gah! That video was annoying… just like the real game! *Gasp*

At least you get some promised video game time. I just moved about a year ago, but I don’t remember much because I destroyed that memory from my brain. Good luck to ya! lol

Posted by tyhana on 12/06 at 05:38 PM

Grand Theft Auto IV Trailer:

Since you put it that way,,,,, I’m in.
Still the trademark humor I love.
Posted by miyamotofreak on 12/06 at 06:02 PM

GTA 4 Trailer

I’m kinda disappointed after watching this trailer. It doesn’t look as good as the last trailer. The character animation looks jerky like the old GTA. The voice acting and music is good though. Well there is still a lot of time before it comes out, so I hope Rockstar doesn’t disappointed me like GTA:SA.

Posted by slayzz on 12/06 at 06:02 PM

My Deus Ex 3 fears... (a fanboy rant)

Dues Ex is one my favorite games,for all the reasons you said,I also enjoyed the multi-player patch (co-op would have been great). But I couldn’t even finish Dues Ex 2, every thing unique was taken out. I hope Deus Ex 3 goes back to its roots. It would be cool if the added armor.

Posted by Itachi on 12/06 at 06:27 PM

Grand Theft Auto 4 Trailer Blog
Posted by Rusty on 12/06 at 03:07 PM

This game is going to be sick. I can’t wait for it to be released, when ever the hell that might be.

Posted by Andy Cooper on 12/06 at 06:32 PM

E) All of the above.

A PS2 is better than all of the above, then again a Mario where he finally bags the princess is a good thought...

Thanks to UGO for this one.

Here's the cut and paste of my post:whistle2:

The live shows work great--really nice hearing people calling in. I enjoyed the Gerstmann-gate coverage a lot.

Posted by jpmaris on 12/06 at 06:34 PM

From Win More Free Stuff From UGO & CAG:

Damn, Wombat, your new job has certainly been a boon for the CAG community!

Where Do I Apply?

I liked it, honestly
smile.gif
I thought it was good… the pirates method to “get over it” was ingenious!

Posted by reicaden on 12/06 at 07:15 PM

Need More Wombat?

Your everywhere now adays. Your at CheapyD celebrity status, well almost there. Congrats Wombat,i’ll check it out later. Don’t forget your CAGcast 4 life!!!

Posted by MysticHeat on 12/05 at 11:50 PM

you was blazing on the other show, keep up the good work.

The recent games such as bioshock, mass effect, and assassin's creed all have a distinct voice, which quite exciting. Looks like we're finally past the CG hump where all the games look like polygonal clones of one another.

I hope to god that the rumor that the game will be an MMO is not true. I don’t care if it has Aliens, Robocop, and Karmann-Ghias, I will NOT play (or pay for) an MMO.

This in response to the story of Jordan Weisman getting the electronic entertainment rights to Shadowrun, MechWarrior, and Crimson Skies back.

Microsoft is hell bent on not giving anything for free because they want to create an environment where people pay for every piece of content available.
Its sad when a dev team like Epic can’t give free downloadbles for Gears of War simply because Microsoft prefers to charge for it then build a strong community by keeping the game fresh and always being played.

Posted by PEN-15 on 12/06 at 10:38 PM

I already have a PS2, but I would love to give it to my brother so he can experience the greatness that is the four Ratchet and Clank titles. And buzz is easy enough for my sister to have a game she likes that doesn't involve Burnout.

I plan on picking up mass effect and playing to my hearts content

Posted by Cpt Culpepper on 11/30 at 07:00 PM

cpt culpepper is my xbox live gamer tag

Posted in "Does the fun ever start?"

Cut scenes have always been there, as long as games have had elements of story in them. They dont even have to be STORY DRIVEN necessarily.

How else would you like them to communicate to you that the princess was kidnapped? I guess they could have you play a battle at the start that you cant win, which happens in SOME RPGs, but even then, in the end there has to be a scene where Bowser flies off with the princess.
Posted by Dr Mario Kart on 12/06 at 11:26 PM

Posted in "Does the fun ever start?"

i agree. if i wanted a bunch of dialogue id read a book. I like what uncharted did, carrying the cutscene banter into the gameplay where i could still be playing a game and get all the info i needed. hopefully we can look back and not have to call this a unique idea.

posted by tivo @ 10:50 on 12/06

Where do I apply?

When the ninja show up to kill him he will have to join the ranks of the Zombies instead. Undead makes it all better.
Posted by Hibikitour on 12/07 at 12:12 AM

Easily one of my favorite games of all time, the Original I loved so much that before I could play it, I played the demo over and over again until I could save up to get it. And that’s generally considered the worst part of the game. I recently bought it again on Steam.

Ex

Where Do I Apply?

pretty neat little video. You should play Assassins Creed Wombat its a really great game. I’m having a lot of fun with it, could be my game of the year (havent played Mario yet...)

Posted by pelf21 on 12/07 at 01:23 AM

Grand Theft Auto IV: New Trailer

Hmmm… That statue looked quite familiar at the start of this trailer.

Posted by Drew on 12/07 at 02:21 AM

....yay

"Does the fun ever start?"

Long and boring intros are probably the number one reason why I play a lot less games now. I just don’t have the attention span. I’ve ended up playing more games that are simply pick up and play.

Posted by Mr Big on 12/07 at 02:59 AM

Does The Fun Ever Start?

"I've always griped about cutscenes, and I usually skip them. Although, Mass Effect was different for me. I loved all of the cutscenes in that game, and 90% of the dialog as well. For once I actually found myself refraining from hitting a button to skip the scenes..."

bread's done
Back