CONTEST: WWE Backlash PPV Event - Sunday, May 1st

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Sunday, May 1st: WWE Backlash Pay-Per-View Event

Simply post in this thread to enter; anything discussing the upcoming event (or WWE in general) is fine. You can post multiple times, but you will only receive one entry per person.
Contest will close at the end of the day on May 1st.

1 Prize Pack to the winner:
ECW DVD: Estimated Value $30
Hulk Live Tee-shirt: Estimated value $25
RAW Magazine: Estimated Value $5

Congratulations to Doylerulez, winner of the WWE prize package!

Not too many announced matches so far, but I guess I'll just list my predictions for what they have so far.

HHH vs. Batista - Batista
Jericho vs. Benjamin - Jericho
Benoit vs. Edge - Edge
Hassan and Daivari vs. Hogan and HBK - Hogan and HBK (although I read a sweet idea from someone somehwhere where Hogan turns on HBK a la the formation of the original NWO)
Women's match- I think this is one of them, and if it is Christy will probably win the Women's title, but who cares.

I would like to see Christian get a match on the PPV too. I also would really, really like the ECW DVD, so pick me!

[quote name='onetrackmind']Ecw! Ecw! Ecw![/QUOTE]

Eff that.

E C DUB! E C DUB! E C DUB!

Hassan and Daivari vs. Hogan and HBK - Hogan and HBK (although I read a sweet idea from someone somehwhere where Hogan turns on HBK a la the formation of the original NWO)

If something that retarded happened (again), I would seriously stop watching it.

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']Any new info on that ECW PPV they're having in June?[/QUOTE]

Check the wrestling thread. No "new" info, it's still going to suck. :(

They need to bring back..
c9ba3152.gif

Change his name and turn him heel like they did with Brooklyn Brawler -> Boston Brawler

I guess I'll give my opinion on who will win each of the announced matches and why.

1. World Heavyweight Championship: Batista (c) vs HHH- Batista
The reason for this is that they have been building up Batista too much to simply drop the strap one month after winning it at Wrestlemania. HHH has held onto the title way too much in the last year, with the only other people that had a chance to hold it since last Wrestlemania have been Chris Benoit and Randy Orton. I say Batista will most likely hold onto the title, until around Summerslam, at least.

2. Intercontinental Championship: Shelton Benjamin (c) vs Chris Jericho- Jericho
I say Jericho takes the title off of Shelton. Shelton has had the title for far too long, and with all the crap Jericho has been talking on Raw lately, hes likely to win. Plus, being a 7 time IC Champion definitely makes Jericho the favorite going into the match.

3. Chris Benoit vs Edge- Edge
This one is really tough to call, but I simply think that Edge will win simply because of the push he has been receiving lately. Plus, having won the Money in the Bank Ladder Match at Wrestlemania puts the favor in Edge's corner.

4. Muhammad Hassan and Daivari vs Shawn Michaels and Hulk Hogan- HBK and Hogan
Why would they bring back possibly the biggest legend in all of wrestling history after such a long time off only to have him and another legend (HBK) lose to some nobodies?

[quote name='JimmieMac']Fact: Hulkamania is the strongest force in the universe.[/QUOTE]

ain't that the truth. who has the power to turn 20 and 30 year old men into little kids again when he comes out and starts kicking ass?

and If I win. I will try and wear it in as many embarassing situtations as possible

EDIT: It being the shirt

Not to sure Jericho will take the belt off of Shelton. I think Jericho needs to go to smackdown and start some new feuds. Angle needs to move to Raw as well as Carlito to replace the highlight reel.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']ain't that the truth. who has the power to turn 20 and 30 year old men into little kids again when he comes out and starts kicking ass?

and If I win. I will try and wear it in as many embarassing situtations as possible[/QUOTE]

I could not aggree with you more. When his music hits it's like being 3 years old again.

-- There was a negative story about The Undertaker and WWE in a U.K. newspaper recently. According to the newspaper, Undertaker was spotting working out at a gym in Ireland a few days ago, and was blowing his nose on to the floor. When one of the employees of the gym asked him to stop, Undertaker reportedly told him to "Shut the f*** up", and that the United States saved their asses in the war, or words to that effect.

-- If the newspaper article is in fact completely true, it is still unlikely that Undertaker will be punished. Despite WWE recently having Rhyno fired for causing a scene in public, Undertaker's status in WWE will most likely protect him from any type of punishment from management.

Taken from backstagewrestling.com
Errors and all.

Just as long as they don't put Chris Masters on the PPV card, I'll be happy with it.

I bet Triple H will somehow weasel his way to another World Title reign too with their second match. Notice that most of the people have/had 10+ World title reigns either had creative control of their character or ran some of the company?

Backlash card looks fantastic compared to the previous PPV offerings (except Wrestlemania). Too bad I heard Batista vs Triple H 3 is going to be a Hell in the Cell at the next Raw PPV. I wish they end that feud already.

Hogan for President.

I think WWE is getting a little lazy with their story lines. It seems like they bank on the fact that they can make an instant face out of anybody who feuds with Triple H. Everything is a little more forced and a little less exciting than it was when WWE had Rock, Austin, etc. and WCW was still on their Sting vs. nWo kick.

Triple H ain't getting the belt back, what with having a f'd up neck and all. if he somehow does come out with the win, then good. no one's more deserving of the belt than him. he does his job well and that's to be the biggest asshole heel in the company.

and the Hogan/HBK v. Daivari/Hassan match is going to stink. Hogan and HBK will run through their usual moves, while Hassan throws in some 80's offense. wee. and anyone cheering against Daivari and Hassan are retarded, especially with the USA chanting. they're American's too and their whole thing is that they're getting the short end of the stick because they're not white.

Hulkamania will live forever! Ever since I was a child, I've been a Hulkamaniac. I remember wanting to buy one of his shirts so I could rip it off when I saw him wrestle live. I've only seen him live once in my life, but I will never ever forget it. It was truly magic. Magic that has lived for so long, and will live forever. Long after he is gone, everyone will still know who Hulk Hogan is. A legend, a hero... a man that only comes along once in a lifetime. I am at a loss for words. Hogan means so much to so many people...

I'll just end it right here, and hope that I can win. I've always wanted a Hulkamania shirt.

I really wish ECW was still around. Being from South Jersey, ECW was pretty popular around here. I met Tommy Dreamer, Beulah, Taz, and Sandman at a local mall. Those were the days...

I wish Trips would tear his other quad so I don't have to watch him for another year. And Edge really deserves another broken neck given what we've learned the last couple weeks.

I'm fine with the idea of ECW reunion shows, but I wouldn't want to see more than 1 per year, especially from WWE.

And both Raw and Smackdown suck right now, and I haven't seen a PPV since last year, at the rate each show is going I couldn't even predict the next time I'd be willing to shell out money for a show again.

[quote name='onetrackmind']Ecw! Ecw! Ecw![/QUOTE]

:D

I was at November 2 Remember in Chicago. This world was better before ECW left us :*( Good times. Good times.......

I don't get into wrestling that much anymore, that DVD would be sweet though, shame I don't have it yet :|

EDIT: Shouldn't really say Chicago, rather Chicago-land...it was in Villa Park.

bread's done
Back