Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series - Amazon Exclusive Edition (Blu-ray/DVD Combo) - $70 ($30 off)

I broke down and pre-ordered at Amazon. While I would have liked it to be $20 cheaper, I like the look and case in the Amazon set much more than the other.

Damn I think that Funimation set look super dope. 

The vintage record theme would look  fantastic displayed on a shelf. 

Already have the Amazon version preordered... ughhh I really don't need two of these. 

wow, definitely keeping the Amazon edition, I love the art on that. At only $20 more than 4 hours of extra content, a no-brainer for me.

During the next Funimation sale at RightStuf, the standard Blu-ray set will be under $33 for GotAnime members.  I think I'll just go with that - the Amazon extras don't appear to be worth the extra $40, especially now that it's confirmed that there will be the same on-disc extras across all three versions.

During the next Funimation sale at RightStuf, the standard Blu-ray set will be under $33 for GotAnime members. I think I'll just go with that - the Amazon extras don't appear to be worth the extra $40, especially now that it's confirmed that there will be the same on-disc extras across all three versions.
I would adore getting the Blu's and DVD's combined together if I could, but if I have to pick one format, Blu without question. I want to also get the FMA Brotherhood Blu's too.

Damn I think that Funimation set look super dope.

The vintage record theme would look fantastic displayed on a shelf.

Already have the Amazon version preordered... ughhh I really don't need two of these.
Feel the same way. Man, if they'd made the smart move and included an OST on vinyl in that package, I'd be shoving cash into the screen now.

If the Amazon version doesn't drop back down to $70, I'll just get the standard version. The cover is nice IMO. I like the box the Amazon version comes in, but don't think I could justify paying for essentially the artbooks.

If the Amazon version doesn't drop back down to $70, I'll just get the standard version. The cover is nice IMO. I like the box the Amazon version comes in, but don't think I could justify paying for essentially the artbooks.
The Amazon version has both the Blu and the DVD versions with all the extras outlined. The Blu's and DVD's are separately sold. To get both together, you have to get the Funi or Amazon versions of the special editions.

Ugh had the Amazon one preordered, but love that record case for Funi Edition. Preordered both, will make up my mind closer to release and hopefully some unboxings will show up on youtube.

FUNi stopped doing the G1 cases (except Fairy Tail) now that companies are actually putting them in the anime section. Before, places like Best Buy and FYE would put it in the Blu-ray section instead and fans had a hard time finding them.

I'm not sure if I care about any of the extras... might just cancel my set then and grab it or the standard on a sale at some point.

Does anyone know if the commentary extras are included on the disks themselves? Funimation edition states they have commentary but the amazon edition does not.

Does anyone know if the commentary extras are included on the disks themselves? Funimation edition states they have commentary but the amazon edition does not.
I did hear that all the on-disc extras were consistent across Blu and DVD, regardless of the version. The difference with the editions available is what 'else' you get with the disks.

If anyone still wants to get their preorder locked in for the Funi-xclusive, it's still available at $65. They also seem to charge the card once to pre-authorize the card, then return the funds within 10 days. They do not officially charge for the item until it ships. So I think I'll get my order in. If they want $30-45 for the Blu and DVD regular editions separately, then $65 + Free Shipping for both formats, and a nice collection of extras with a special case, is worth the deal on this epic series.

I think it's safe to change the price in the title to $90. Amazon hasn't changed the price of their exclusive in weeks, while Funimation has been steady at $65.

I have the original Amazon price on preorder and am actually tempted to double dip on the Funi release as I think the extras are also pretty cool.

Still, I'd prefer them to dump the DVDs in favor of the complete OST.

Wow... when did this series get this expensive.  I remember picking up the anime legends version for $20.  I understand it's blu but this is an old anime series and it's not as if there is really any new story content.

Wow... when did this series get this expensive. I remember picking up the anime legends version for $20. I understand it's blu but this is an old anime series and it's not as if there is really any new story content.
You can get the standard blu-ray for only $50. It's the limited editions that are slightly more expensive.

Well, $50 is standard MSRP.

I am sure sometime next year it will go down to $25 during a sale, especially if Walmart picks it up.

Well, when I placed my Amazon order it was $42, so I'll pay that at the most.

After shipping from Rightstuf it'd be $40, so I'll just stick with Amazon for a maximum $2 difference.

Damn guess the limited edition amazon exclusive is no longer available.
I saw that too. Man I hope it comes back. I love my wife but I seriously doubt she actually jumped on the item when I mentioned that's what I wanted for Christmas a month ago. At least I won't end up with DVD I'll never watch.

I'm thinking about going with the standard edition. If I hang onto my Amazon LE, someone want it for cost plus shipping? Assuming I do go with the standard, that is.

I'm thinking about going with the standard edition. If I hang onto my Amazon LE, someone want it for cost plus shipping? Assuming I do go with the standard, that is.
If you don't want to have Blu and DVD handy with add-ins, I am sure you'll find a buyer. Depends on the offered cost. I'd buy the Blu myself, but I have the complete series on DVD.

Got the Funi LE for $58.48 or so because they had a deal going on were you saved like 10% or something for orders over $65.

Then got the Amazon LE for $54 as I got free $25 AMZ GC. So I'll be set. Still torn on if I should keep the Funi LE as I like the AMZ LE more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the Funi LE for $58.48 or so because they had a deal going on were you saved like 10% or something for orders over $65.

Then got the Amazon LE for $54 as I got free $25 AMZ GC. So I'll be set. Still torn on if I should keep the Funi LE as I like the AMZ LE more.
The Funi LE is likely going to be the rarer of the two. Shorter print run, vinyl style packaging, specific inclusions...

I saw that too. Man I hope it comes back. I love my wife but I seriously doubt she actually jumped on the item when I mentioned that's what I wanted for Christmas a month ago. At least I won't end up with DVD I'll never watch.
Another reason being married sucks. My wife is always "you buy stuff before I can right before your birthday"

No shit. You won't handle it right. Period. I preordered mine, she wouldn't have done anything. Such is life.

Oh forget to include I love my wife also.

Another reason being married sucks. My wife is always "you buy stuff before I can right before your birthday"

No shit. You won't handle it right. Period. I preordered mine, she wouldn't have done anything. Such is life.

Oh forget to include I love my wife also.
Just tell her to give you permission to buy whatever you want before your birthday, and that will count as a gift from her.

Wish I'd known about the Funi deal, I probably would've preordered and double dipped... Is the set sold out with funimation now too?

Amazon very good with re-printed :)  or i waits for cheap regular edition go down $25 or less.  No rush, no worry, i still have bandai box set with CD sound tracks ;)

Wish I'd known about the Funi deal, I probably would've preordered and double dipped... Is the set sold out with funimation now too?
Same here, especially since I was thinking about double dipping without that deal. I don't think the Funi set is available anymore, either.

Amazon very good with re-printed :) or i waits for cheap regular edition go down $25 or less.
I don't think this will be getting a reprint. The announcement for it specifically mentioned the number of copies that the Amazon and Funimation collector's editions would get, and I don't think they intend to make any more of them.

Amazon very good with re-printed :) or i waits for cheap regular edition go down $25 or less. No rush, no worry, i still have bandai box set with CD sound tracks ;)
I sold mine a month ago because I wanted the bluray imrprovements. I still have the limited ed 4 disc set that usually goes for about 200 on ebay. I bought it back in college though and like an idiot, I've let the discs get scratched up. They still play fine, but I wouldn't go through the hastle of having a collector argue over quality.

At the very least, Amazon will have one extra copy - I just canceled my $70 preorder.  I really don't need those extras for $35+ more compared to the regular version.

bread's done
Back