Crash Commando - PSN - $9.99 - 8/25: New patch, map pack, and character packs on 8/27

Bish, can you add Neckfurters to your list? After reading the ign review (8.5 btw) and reading what people have to say about it here, I'm definitely picking this game up today. If I don't have a request from you by the time I get home from work, I'll try to send you a request.

Yeah - I'll add the remaining posters from this thread. I'm not sure how we're going to coordinate the game, though. It looks to me like it's based off the name of whomever is hosting it. Maybe we should pick a few people to host so that if someone drops out someone else can pick up the next game.

I liked the old 'Calling All Cars' way where we'd just set up CAG/CAG games.

I'm not too familiar with the PS3 online gaming friends deal, either. I know for Wii games, for example, everyone has to have everyone else's Wii game-specific ID for it to work (a huge pain). I played Buzz! with some folks here last night and they just invited me in. Is that how it works for PS3 games now or was that just specific to Buzz!?

Oh, I don't mind hosting if that helps things along.

Too bad there's no party system in the lobby or whathaveyou, you can filter by friends and friend-chain (friends of friends I think)

I think the only way I can get into a game at the moment is to join an empty server since I end up in an empty room when it's nearly full. I may have to open up some ports and see if that helps, but I haven't had to do that for an online game yet on the PS3.

I won't mind hosting from time to time, I just don't know how often I can make it so I can't commit to it off the bat. I'd like to be in for tonight but I think I'll be spending quality time with the woman. I'll send out friend requests if I'm around tonight so I can get in.

I'm going to investigate the online in Crash Commando, then I'll decide the best way to handle it.

EDIT: I investigated the online. Here is how we'll do it:

Host:
-Create a game
-Choose game mode, map, and so on
-Set the number of players to 12
-Press L1 or R1 to flip pages. Set the Matching Type to "Friend-Chain"

Everyone else:
-Go to find game
-Press the square button and put the list filter to either "friends" or "friend-chain".
-Press X to apply changes and you should see the CAG game listed. If you have problems, you might still see the server listed.

Thanks man, sounds good. That actually seems to work well.

By the host setting it to "friend chain" that means only friends and their own friends can join right?

[quote name='dallow']Thanks man, sounds good. That actually seems to work well.

By the host setting it to "friend chain" that means only friends and their own friends can join right?[/QUOTE]That's what I'm thinking. Basically, if someone has a friend in the game, they can play (even if they aren't hosting).

We will play at 8pm EST or 9pm EST, whatever time people decide (BradBishop will probably host, or I).

ok - everyone added to my list up until this point.

If you want to play tonight just send me a message via PSN: BSBishop and I'll add you to my friends list and try to invite you.

Just checked it out - Looks like I can set up a game for 'friend-chain' as mentioned earlier. Hopefully this will allow everyone who wants to play to play.

I'll set up a game for Deathmatch tonight.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']I'll see if I can get on later.

On another note, does this game have voice chat?[/quote]
Yes, but you have to enable it in the options.

And hold L2 to talk.
Gets kind of hectic though.

[quote name='Brad Bishop']ok - everyone added to my list up until this point.

If you want to play tonight just send me a message via PSN: BSBishop and I'll add you to my friends list and try to invite you.

Just checked it out - Looks like I can set up a game for 'friend-chain' as mentioned earlier. Hopefully this will allow everyone who wants to play to play.

I'll set up a game for Deathmatch tonight.[/QUOTE]What time did you decide? I'll put it in the OP of the CAG PSN Gaming thread.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That first boot camp mission is hard to get the commando medal in, as I had a near perfect match and still only got 967 points.[/quote]Just kill them very quickly and don't die.
Also be accurate. Two shots with the Rocket Launcher and no misses did it for me.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That first boot camp mission is hard to get the commando medal in, as I had a near perfect match and still only got 967 points.[/quote]

I could be an asshole and say you suck at this game, but I refrain;)

I started having trouble after the 5th level I think

Really? I had to try the first level like 10 times but once I got that Commando, I pretty much got the rest of the levels Commando too.

Online's a bitch though, there are some nasty players out there.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Really? I had to try the first level like 10 times but once I got that Commando, I pretty much got the rest of the levels Commando too.

Online's a bitch though, there are some nasty players out there.
[/quote]
Ugh, I know.
I played a game with two great snipers.
Holy crap, no one could move!

Tell me about it... There were two guys that completely dominated the two games I played last night. I could only manage like 3 or 4 kills per match, whereas they got like 25-30 kills. :'(
If you guys are playing this tonight, I'm afraid I won't be there... I have to do some last-minute Christmas shopping. I'll appear online, but my niece will be playing Sonic Unleashed... Just letting y'all know. :[

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Mana Knight']What time did you decide? I'll put it in the OP of the CAG PSN Gaming thread.[/quote]

Going to start in just a moment (8PM EST)

side note:
I'll look for the Voice Chat feature as others mentioned.

I'm in until 9PM then I'll probably be good for the week.

Got it setup now.. Looking for players.

[quote name='Brad Bishop']Mmmmm... No one is joining my game. Is it because you can't?[/QUOTE]I was able to, but I believe it was the short notice that hurt it. Every week from now on, it will be 8pm EST. I can start something or you, but now I'm debating if the room should stay open, or just create something at 9pm EST.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Yeah, that was a lot of fun playing the game. We'll try to keep it a weekly thing for a few weeks or so (or longer if people still want to play).[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't mind this being long term.

Thanks for playing. I was feeling like a big man there at first after ManaKnight got in and then started sending out the word that we got the game up. I shot him several times while he was doing that. Then, about 10mins in, I got a phone call from an old friend and didn't want to call her back later so I tried to mix the game and the phone call. That didn't work as well as I had planned.

I had my headset on and heard the various comments. No idea if anyone heard me. It wasn't like a conversation, just a lot of: damnit! son of a... Haha! Got you!
stuff. I have the PS3 headset that just came out and that worked really well if anyone is looking to get it.

I'm good playing this each week until we all lose interest in it.

I left around 9:10. Did that kill the game or did it continue and reassign the host? Sounds like it killed the game.

Hey miyamoto, haha, those were fun battles.
Damn your grenades!

Yeah, we need to do this again, hopefully with more people.

Don't worry, the word will definitely get out there. I'll be bugging all Crash Commando players about this. :)

Also, I could not hear anyone with the headset and wasn't sure if mine was working (I pressed L2 to talk).

[quote name='dallow']Mana, couldn't hear you at all, but I heard others.
Did you enable voice chat in the menu? It's off by default.[/QUOTE]Oh crap, that might have been it. Now I'm REALLY angry at myself. :bomb:

I just turned on my PS3 JUST to enable it.

Any word on what the cause of the network/connection problems is? 9 time out of 10, when I try to 'find' a multiplayer room, I get a msg that a network cable is not connected and I even get disconnected from PSN. After about a minute I can log back into PSN but not into a CC multiplayer game. (of course I have a cable connected the whole time)

Anyone else experience that or something like it and have solution?

Really love to play with you guys . . .

[quote name='miyamotofreak']It killed it.

I say we rotate hosting duty and have the game as a 60-90 min event. That way we can all get the trophy too.[/quote]

Sorry about that. In retrospect I think I killed it at the end of a round instead of the end of a match. I meant to do it at the end of the match.

Oh, for anyone hosting next time: I didn't have to change any router configuration. Didn't have to open any ports and UPNP was off. Just your regular router settings will work.

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Any word on what the cause of the network/connection problems is? 9 time out of 10, when I try to 'find' a multiplayer room, I get a msg that a network cable is not connected and I even get disconnected from PSN. After about a minute I can log back into PSN but not into a CC multiplayer game. (of course I have a cable connected the whole time)

Anyone else experience that or something like it and have solution?

Really love to play with you guys . . .[/QUOTE]I never had the issue; however, I have my PS3 set as a static IP with the DMZ open on it, along with certain ports open for SCEA game servers. I'm thinking that's why I don't have issues.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I never had the issue; however, I have my PS3 set as a static IP with the DMZ open on it, along with certain ports open for SCEA game servers. I'm thinking that's why I don't have issues.[/quote]

I have my PS3 set with a static IP and on DMZ too. But what about the ports? Which ones should I open? It is worth a shot I think to try.

Thanks

My PS3 is just using DHCP - no DMZ, no open ports or special config for it. I've never had a problem.

I thought I was having an issue last night when no one joined the Crash Commando game so I played with the UPNP settings (which oddly, hosed up other things) but turned it back off and everything was fine and people joined/played.

I haven't seen a situation yet where UPNP or special port settings were needed for the PS3.

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']I have my PS3 set with a static IP and on DMZ too. But what about the ports? Which ones should I open? It is worth a shot I think to try.

Thanks[/quote]
If you have DMZ on, make sure you have UPnP disabled as well.

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']I have my PS3 set with a static IP and on DMZ too. But what about the ports? Which ones should I open? It is worth a shot I think to try.

Thanks[/quote]

Yeah TMK can you put those in the Socom thread as well? VipFreak has been having problems with his net. Opening the SCEA ports would help

bread's done
Back