Crash Commando - PSN - $9.99 - 8/25: New patch, map pack, and character packs on 8/27

[quote name='Hostile']I know the maps that we play on pretty well by now so I make it my priority to check for armor before I go getting into any fights ;). They sure as hell don't help when BSBishop runs me over though :applause:.[/quote]

Actually, I didn't even think about running people over until my daughter was playing (last week she was playing as me). Using the vehicles to squash people was pretty effective so I picked up on it.

I nailed my own team mate a few times last night (not in that way) - may have been you. There was certainly cursing on my side when I did it. I did get better about stopping when my own team mate was right in front of me, though.

[quote name='QiG']:lol: I don't think it hurt your play all that much Mr. win every deathmatch. That CAB gun is truly horrible though. I was able to catch TMK with it a few times :D[/quote]

You do know that the CAB gun is the only way to disarm mines, and heal team mates? The CAB is mainly used for objective maps so you can disarm land mines people launch or heal your team mates.

I'd also prefer it to be 8 pm eastern time since I play Unreal Tournament 3 at 9:30 eastern. This would be a great game to play before something even harder hitting.

The time of Crash Commando will be adjusted to fit that and UT3 together. I apologize for not getting to changing the time sooner during last week and letting them know. We started off playing Crash Commando at 8pm EST one week, but very few showed up (although the notice was late) and many said they will not be on until 9pm EST. We moved to 9pm EST since we didn't notice much similarity between CC and UT3 players, but once Paco and some others showed up, we realized that was not the case. So we'll probably go back to 8pm EST this next week. I hope that isn't too early for some.

Randy, remember to activate Voice Chat through the options and then it's L2 to chat. It's Push to Talk.

If I see you on I'll see if I can jump in too.

Could be maybe get an alternate day going for this?

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Randy, remember to activate Voice Chat through the options and then it's L2 to chat. It's Push to Talk.

If I see you on I'll see if I can jump in too.

Could be maybe get an alternate day going for this?[/QUOTE]We are looking into it, but it has not been easy because the schedule is pretty jam packed these days. It's hard to get things working together since most people tend to show up at a certain particular time, then games end up conflicting. Without a doubt I gotta keep a Monday game going, since those who don't play UT3 (like Freaky and I), had Monday open for gaming.

I started to become a mine fighter. Ironically due to this type of fighting, I have to use the suckiest weapon in the game to make sure I don't die. However yesterday I managed to do 35 deaths and only die ONCE. Now that's one hell of a kill to death ratio right there. I literally made a bunker just for me which was an entire building littered with my mines and people trying to flush me out. Too bad people don't know that the cab is what sets off mines otherwise that sniper might have killed me. ALWAYS ALWAYS need armor when fighting.

[quote name='Paco']You do know that the CAB gun is the only way to disarm mines, and heal team mates? The CAB is mainly used for objective maps so you can disarm land mines people launch or heal your team mates.
[/quote]

I didn't know that. I thought it was some kind of crazy nervous-system death-gun.

Thanks.

[quote name='Brad Bishop']I didn't know that. I thought it was some kind of crazy nervous-system death-gun.

Thanks.[/quote]

news to me too.

Game-shared this 3 ways, and for $3 this game is quite fun. It feels like a 2D Unreal Tournament, just nonstop explosions and action, which is a good thing.

[quote name='jman619']I just got this game 2 days ago, and played it for the first time last night. I played it online, it is fun although I wasn't a big fan of Senior's mines. :p[/quote]

Many people aren't a fan of my mines. Some of my friends said I fight like a coward, but they aren't the ones with a 40 to 1 kill to death ratio :D

Word, mines are easily the best explosive, there are a bunch of good places to hide them and you can basically seal off a portion of the map for yourself.

[quote name='dallow']What's the point of hiding though?
If someone was hiding, I'd just ignore them.[/quote]

The mines, dallow, the mines. :applause:

You don't hide, you can block off some chokepoints on the map so that people have to go through you, or you setup at one of the terminal/panel areas in a mission map.

I was playing too much Team Fortress 2. I got the minigun and was mowing down people and I started yelling WAHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH CRY SOME MORE. Then after someone tried to hit me with a sniper shot, I turned around and shot him with bullets then said WHICH ONE OF YOU IS CRYING?

Damn Heavy.

Well I sucked, as expected for the first time I play online.

How were you rolling around and killing people?

You press right when you get to choose a special ability. That lets you kill people when you do the rolling jetpack.

LOL Freaky is crying right now. I wonder how many people I made cry with my HEROIC MINIGUN.

[quote name='Paco']You press right when you get to choose a special ability. That lets you kill people when you do the rolling jetpack.[/quote]

Those are special abilities? I thought they were just more health, move faster and do more, what do the others do. And how do you roll with the jetpack?

I said I was a newbie.

l kept getting to where l was the only person , once l joined the game after gearing up? l lost everyone each time l tried. that sucks

[quote name='Romis']l kept getting to where l was the only person , once l joined the game after gearing up? l lost everyone each time l tried. that sucks[/QUOTE]That sucks to hear. Were you Type 3 NAT? Sometimes when the NAT messes up, it can cause issues connecting.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']That sucks to hear. Were you Type 3 NAT? Sometimes when the NAT messes up, it can cause issues connecting.[/QUOTE]

'Type 3 NAT'? what the h#ll is that??

[quote name='Romis']'Type 3 NAT'? what the h#ll is that??[/QUOTE]That's not good. If you are usually NAT Type 3, it means your internet is too secure, and can result in disconnections/voice chat issues. Basically, it means your connection is limited

What I recommend doing is enter the local IP of your router into your internet browser (on the computer). Enter all the info to login to your router. Once you get into your router, I recommend opening the DMZ on the local IP your PS3 is set to. That should fix it.

This site helps you with port forwarding your router:
http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

You can open the DMZ on the local IP your PS3 is set to, or you can open various ports (the port forwarding site shows you how to do it, for the PS3 Nat Type 3 to Type 2). If you choose to open various ports, they are listed on SCEA site (you normally want to open the ones for PSN and SCEA Gamer servers):
http://playstation.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/playstation.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=241

There are many tutorials on the internet which tell you how to fix your PS3 Nat Type 3 and change it to Type 2.

@ TMK as usual you gave good reference, but after l posted
l went and checked a few things my net settings are great NAT is 2
mite have been a cable issue

[quote name='Romis']@ TMK as usual you gave good reference, but after l posted
l went and checked a few things my net settings are great NAT is 2
mite have been a cable issue[/quote]

The cable issue has happened to me before when I suspect, naturally, everything else. Swap a cable and I was fine.

Try again next week.

bread's done
Back