Crash Commando - PSN - $9.99 - 8/25: New patch, map pack, and character packs on 8/27

I have to download the video as I'm still on the fence. Luckily there is a clear vid up on the PSN since I can't find any good ones on internet on my own.

[quote name='NamPaehc']I have to download the video as I'm still on the fence. Luckily there is a clear vid up on the PSN since I can't find any good ones on internet on my own.[/quote]

If you're talking about Crash Commando, it freakin' rules and is well worth the $10.

EDIT: LOL, I just realized this was the Crash Commando thread... so obviously they must have been talking about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']Any word on what the cause of the network/connection problems is? 9 time out of 10, when I try to 'find' a multiplayer room, I get a msg that a network cable is not connected and I even get disconnected from PSN. After about a minute I can log back into PSN but not into a CC multiplayer game. (of course I have a cable connected the whole time)

Anyone else experience that or something like it and have solution?

Really love to play with you guys . . .[/quote]

For the record, I was able to get online with the game last night. Once I switched the 'Media Servers' option to off in the network settings on the PS3 it worked fine. I never had to open any ports. Although I imagine I would need to turn it back on if I wanted to use my media server software from my Mac . (duh) :).

Really fun game. Hopefully some DLC will come to give to more strategic elements in addition to new maps.

[quote name='dallow']Oooh, yes DLC would be cool.

Glad you got it to work.
I want to play again with people and get my 25 rank.[/quote]

OH, yeah. What's up with experience points in the game? What do they mean? What do you do with them?

[quote name='Dr. Strangepork']OH, yeah. What's up with experience points in the game? What do they mean? What do you do with them?[/QUOTE]You gain levels and gain trophies, that's all I know. ;)

Very fun game indeed. I absolutely love it. CAG night again next week.

For tonight -
Want to change the time to 9PM? I thought that may get a few more folks playing.

Also, who wants to host? I'll host but I'll probably duck out after 90 mins or so. If someone thinks they'll want to go longer then we should let them host.

I'm up for tonight. 8PM works better for me, but I will probably be around at 9pm too. Anyone interested in starting at 8? I still need the hosting trophy :D

I will start the game JUST before 9pm EST most likely. To let everyone know, I will probably do Core Control or whatever it's called, so everyone can get the trophy.

I might back out once to changed games, to let everyone know, since I want us to do that and DM or TDM.

Well, I'll tell everyone what I'm going to do, so be prepared:

9pm EST - 9:30pm EST TDM or DM (everyone decide)
9:30pm EST - 10pm EST Map Objective (or whatever it's called)

I have to close out of the game and create a new one, so I just wanted to make sure everyone is aware of that, they may have to search for another game.

I or BSBishop will make a CAG night thread for this game before next week.

That was a lot of fun. :D Thank you very much for coming everyone. Sorry I made you all change games a few times, but I wanted us to play each type and see what works best. Next time, I'll give someone else the opportunity to host.

I forgot we were doing this so I got on late but it was fun while it lasted. Personally, if we could get a full game going, Map Objective is probably the most fun instead of just a regular DM or TDM. Strategic use of mines or C4, attacking or defending, etc.

I'm up for Objective as well especially since I think we'd work together a little better than just random. I *HATED* that stupid CAB weapon, but I was getting my 20 kills (towards the trophy) out of the way tonight. Things will be different when I get the weapon I like back in play. Thing didn't even harm the vehicles for cryin' out loud.

Good games everyone. Some good explosions going on there.

I agree with the Objective based games. It's a pity you can't change game types on the fly as a 5 min deathmatch to start the fun is always cool.

I want to see more Objective games as well, since that seems more fun to play strategically. Plus interacting with your team and working together is fun. :D

Epic games tonight... Looking forward to next Monday's game! :bouncy:

Noooooooooo! How many people played tonight?

I got stuck out of my apartment, and couldn't make it home in time..... :(

Next week it seems.

[quote name='dallow']Noooooooooo! How many people played tonight?

I got stuck out of my apartment, and couldn't make it home in time..... :(

Next week it seems.[/QUOTE]
Haha, same here.

[quote name='Hostile']I stopped using the Sniper Rifle because I felt bad someone was using the CAB :)[/quote]

:lol: I don't think it hurt your play all that much Mr. win every deathmatch. That CAB gun is truly horrible though. I was able to catch TMK with it a few times :D

hey guys, just got a ps3 for christmas....i have been totally excited for this game since seeing the trailer somewhere as it reminds me of contra. Is it true that it is 9.99? Is that the same price everywhere?

I thought I saw it listed somewhere online for 59.99 and just cant bring myself to spend that much on a simple game like this...for 10 bucks Ill buy it at lunch!

[quote name='admiralbird']hey guys, just got a ps3 for christmas....i have been totally excited for this game since seeing the trailer somewhere as it reminds me of contra. Is it true that it is 9.99? Is that the same price everywhere?

I thought I saw it listed somewhere online for 59.99 and just cant bring myself to spend that much on a simple game like this...for 10 bucks Ill buy it at lunch![/quote]
?????

It's a digital download from the PSN store. $9.99
But yeah, buy it. :)

[quote name='dallow']?????

It's a digital download from the PSN store. $9.99
But yeah, buy it. :)[/quote]

Just make sure your PS3 is connected to the internet and running on the latest update (explore the XMB if you're unsure where everything is). Find the PSN store, setup your account and download. It's multiplayer game and there are bots but no real campaign mode. We'd love to have you join us for CAG nights!

If no one else is game, I'll host. I'll set up an objective mission or two and, for the last missing, I'll do Death Match just to mix it up.

I'll probably only do it for an hour or maybe a little past an hour.

I'll check back here in an hour to see if anyone else wants to host and maybe go longer.

Well, it seems I get a 'communication error' when I try to join the game. I'mnot sure who is hosting but I try to join BSBishop, Mana or Freakys game and it give that error.

I kinda missed this release during the holiday hubbub and just read a few reviews for it today...it looks like it would be a lot of fun! Might DL this one soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get that error, Stranded, and the only way I've gotten around it is to join nearly empty games and not the full ones.

I hope this game gets a lot of free patches to add splitscreen and more modes and maps for online play. That and fix the online bug for some people.

Sorry guys, had to run for dinner. Hostile do you ALWAYS have the armor on? I'd be so happy I got a direct hit on you and you were always still alive, haha.

I know the maps that we play on pretty well by now so I make it my priority to check for armor before I go getting into any fights ;). They sure as hell don't help when BSBishop runs me over though :applause:.

bread's done
Back