Crash Commando - PSN - $9.99 - 8/25: New patch, map pack, and character packs on 8/27

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Crash Commando at 8pm EST tonight again if people want to play.[/quote]

I can't make it tonight - I have a head cold that makes me just want to sleep and be miserable.

Crap, I got in through BSBiship. Can you add me for the day Mana? Unless Freaky or Evergoo join.

I'll start the server. It's going to be public. Just look for the Senior_LULZ. And if you're on my friends list do friend chain.

Sorry guys, I was going to play but then I realized the new House is on tonight. No super easy kills for the rest of you this week unless I get on after and you are still playing

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Sucks. I turn up at 9pm and no one is playing. :cry:[/quote]

Same here.. I saw you on and fired it up, but it didn't look like you were doing multiplayer. The one time I wasn't prepared for an early game and had the time to play on Monday. Oh well, they'll be more CAG CC nights. It's the 'odd' week for me, so I'm gonna be home alone at nights and available for CAG gaming all week :cool:

There will be a game tonight, but I will not be available to take part in it. I do hope there's a good turnout. Normally I'd attend, but I'm cutting back my CAG PSN support.

ill be up for the next 30 minutes. i set up a game with "wotcher" but no one is joining. = (. message me. custom block trades or team games.

Is anyone up for playing this game soon and getting some trophies together? I just bought it, but it's pretty dead. Should be easy to get some trophies together.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/05/27/crash-commando-patched-and-demoed-dlc-inbound/

There's a patch coming tomorrow, I'm guessing, along with a demo.

Here is a list of all the improvements we have made to the game:
  • Home Game Launching Support
  • BGM, custom soundtrack functionality
  • Team auto balance
  • Increased auto balancing intervals
  • Rankings
  • Added a Friends filter
  • Added Country flags
  • Matchmaking
  • Added Country flags on found games
  • Improved matchmaking game-browsing functionality
  • Match details now displayed when selecting a game, so the player knows more of a game before choosing to join

Game play & UI enhancements:

• OSD icons are now pointing towards players carrying blocks in Espionage
  • We now show icons for players with enabled mics
  • We now display player ID labels when using the turret gun
  • We now show health icons above team members
  • Only team members with less than 100% health have the icon
  • Only visible to team members equipped with the CAB
  • We now show hostile mines
  • Red flashing light turns on when activated
  • “Blip” sound when in vicinity with volume increasing when the player gets closer to the mine
  • Includes enemy mines and mines placed by the player
  • The killed & suicide messages display icons instead of (“KILLED”,”DIED.”)
  • Players can now see which weapon or vehicle that was used
  • We now show icons for when the player is speaking
  • Ingame next to ID label
  • Lobby next to player slot
  • We now show icons for when you are taunting other players
  • Symbol above player ID label
  • Aimline/aiming improvements
  • Prevents vehicle aimline to go beyond aim limits to better illustrate where a vehicle can aim
  • Voice Chat enabled by default
In the near future you can look forward to some all new exciting downloadable content and game modes. We appreciate your support and strive listen to your feedback.

A lot of that stuff has been done for a few weeks already with the 2.0 patch. Glad to see they're updating it again though.

[quote name='dallow']The patch is already out as Paco mentioned.

Cool to see though, I'll be jumping back into this game tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

This sounds like it's a new patch with NEWER stuff that goes beyond the patch we already received. So I bet they just put the old stuff in there or fixed it a bit more to make it look bigger.

[quote name='dallow']Online was broken how? I played tons of games online including CAG nights a few times.[/QUOTE]
Whenever I joined a game, it booted everyone from it and left me in an empty room for 10-20 minutes before anybody could join. That was the only way I could play with others and after 10 minutes or so playing around by myself, I wasn't interested in playing the game anymore. It's the only game I've had issues with the online on PSN, so it's an issue with the game's net code itself.

Ah that's true, I remember you having problems.
That sucks, hopefully it'll work for you now. Missing out on this is a shame.

Lets tar and feather smiggity. TAR AND FEATHER FOR HIS HEINOUS ACTIONS AGAINST CRASH COMMANDO!

I think it's great that they patched it. But I agree with Smiggity, this game just begs for some online splitscreen action!

See... this game is a perfect example of why the Sony PS3 is in the position it is in trying to stay above water.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to have a 2d space and 3d shooting direction should be shot. Yes, when I try and aim I want to be looking to the side of myself because I'll hit something other than air or a wall. jesus christ...

This is even more disappointing because I liked how everything looked and the funny cartoon like guts.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009...-week-with-new-add-on-content-and-free-patch/

Attention, Commandos :eek:)

First of all I’d like to thank the Crash Commando community who are still out there kicking my butt when I manage to find the time to grab a quick game.

I’m pleased to announce that on August 27 we will be releasing a new patch and some new content that I’m sure you will all love.

We are always looking for feedback and listening to what you guys are saying about Crash Commando. We’ve been taking your comments on board and will be releasing a patch with the following improvements:

• Rebalanced primary weapons
  • Portraits of the characters on the standing screen
  • Access to the online store within the game
  • Specific invert axis option for the turret gun
  • Improved sound output levels
  • Taunt animation when standing still added for original characters
  • Improved BOT AI
As well as that we have a bunch of cool new downloadable add-ons for you.

First of all there are the New Recruits, 6 new characters for you to choose from. Each package comes with 2 characters that have a ton of attitude and plenty to say for themselves.
Colonel Chaos & Army Chick

Get to der choppaaaa with these two characters. The Colonel is a beefy guy so you best watch out for his lederhosen, and Army Chick may look cute but she packs a mean array of weaponry.

Nukem Ninja & Maid Mayhem

Who’d have thought Ninjas would be so good with Rocket Launchers?? Well the Ninjas in Crash Commando are….As for our resident French maid…..all I will say if you have a moustache then you may be in line for a date ;o)

Gangster Rapper & Reggae Rasta

Which is best – Rap or Reggae? Well these two guys like to argue with big guns rather than clever lyrics. Why don’t you help them win their argument!!!

We will also be releasing the Heist Map Pack. This contains 2 new large maps for you to wreak destruction on and the all new Heist game mode will test your crash Commando skills to the limit!!

Grab the bag of cash and get to the safe to deposit it. But beware, the bag is heavy and you won’t be able to use any weapons. You have to rely on your team mates for covering fire to keep your opponents away and see you win the day. If you buy this pack you also get to play Heist mode on all the standard maps too. And don’t forget, this pack will add a new bunch of Trophies for you to collect!!

That’s all from me. Remember, keep firing and keep feeding back – we love to read your comments on the game. Oh and do me a favour….next time I’m online, go easy on me :eek:)
The full game is out now for $9.99, and there is a demo to try it out before you buy. The new map pack will be available this Thursday for $2.99 (trailer below), and each of the three character packs will be available for $1.99. Or, you can pick up the maps and all of the new characters for a steal at $4.99.
A new patch, map pack, and character packs are coming this week.

I could care less about character packs (btw, those are pretty overtly stereotypical characters too....) but new maps and a patch should be good. I'll probably buy the characters anyway, like an idiot, since its only $2 more for the combo than it is for the maps alone.

• Rebalanced primary weapons
  • Improved sound output levels
  • Improved BOT AI
  • Taunt animation when standing still added for original characters
These are my favorite improvements. Rebalancing the primary weapons is badly needed for gameplay & the sound output levels have bugged me to distraction too many times to count. Any improvement in BOT AI is welcome & adding the taunt animation to orig. characters is a nice touch.

I suck ass at any capture the flag online type games, so wouldn't normally buy the new map pack. BUT since they're offering such an amazing discount for buying all of the new additions in a single package I'll go ahead & bite ;-)

[quote name='NTolerance']I haven't played the patch yet but the scuttlebutt is that sniper whores are very upset. :)[/QUOTE]

That's an understatement. They fucking REAMED the sniper rifle. Remember Sean from 2nd impact? The Sniper Rifle in Crash Commando is as Sean in 3rd strike now. THAT is how big the nerf is. I love their tears. THEY"RE SO DELICIOUS AND GOOD. SOOOOOO SWEET

[quote name='Saint Noir']Somehow I had not even heard of/paid attention to this game until today when I saw a PS blog update. WTF. Looks like super fun. Is the online community still going? I don't want to grab it now and no one be playing online!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/10/new-crash-commando-update-coming-this-week-to-psn/[/QUOTE]

Is the online community still going? They're STILL Playing! A lot of oldies have been playing since launch and are still delivering the hurt. It's an easy game to get but also difficult to master.

bread's done
Back