Crisis Core FF7 (3.25.08) bonus preorder deal!

kosmos13x

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Announced by SE today. If you preorder at either Amazon.com, Gamestop/eb, or Gamecrazy you will recieve a limited edition Shinra UMD case free! The game is currently on preorder for 39.99. Here are some links (so far):

http://www.crisiscore.com/ (link on bottom if you want the detailed info on the bonus with pics)

http://www.amazon.com/Crisis-Core-F..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1201463446&sr=8-1 (also comes with free shipping!)

http://www.gamecrazy.com/games/game.aspx?id=12490&LF=STL

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=191285

GAMESTOP/EB ONLY: When you pick up your preorder, you can apply the very famous 10% off coupon to bring the game down to 35.99 + state tax. PLEASE NOTE that you CANNOT use the coupon during the preorder period..ONLY when the game comes in and the price refigured (thus if you pay in full on preorder you should be getting money back).

GAMESTOP/EB ONLY: game+guide bundle deal for those who are not aware. If you get the guide and game instore, you are entitled to recieving 10% off the guide + another 10% off the guide with edge card. So in total:

Game + bonus - 35.99 with 10% coupon
Guide - 14.39 with bundle and edge discount
total - 50.38 + state tax

Enjoy and hope you CAGs will find this useful :D

2-29-08 EDIT

Bestbuy will have an exclusive metallic packaging (think first edition kingdom hearts ps2 case cover).

CCpreorder.jpg

*edit again and again and again*

For the Best buy deal:

There is an empty umd preorder box that some best buys are carrying now. It is basically a "preview" cover of the metallic packaging with "best buy preorder" plastered all over it. THIS is not the metallic packaging everyone is talking about. All first shipments of the ACTUAL game at best buy will have the metallic packaging. The preorder box only entitles you to 1) have an extra box laying around the house 2) takes off 5 dollars of the bill (bring your reciept) when you go get your game, due to that the preorder box costs $5 itself.

NOW best buy has 2 different preorder systems (so far reported):

1) you get the preorder box, but its still first come first serve on the actual game. You just get 5 dollars off due to buying the preorder box.
2) you get the preorder box, and they take your name and hold a copy back for you to pick up, still get 5 dollars off for reason mentioned in number1.

Hopefully this will clear things up.

I preordered the game at GameCrazy. What is their policy on buying the guide with the game? Is it just 10% off or something like that?

[quote name='kosmos13x']
NOW best buy has 2 different preorder systems (so far reported):

1) you get the preorder box, but its still first come first serve on the actual game. You just get 5 dollars off due to buying the preorder box.
2) you get the preorder box, and they take your name and hold a copy back for you to pick up, still get 5 dollars off for reason mentioned in number1.

Hopefully this will clear things up.[/quote]
BB told me they'd hold the game for me, but they didn't take my name... wth...

Best Buy train their customers to lie. Glad your not the only one to see their failed logic :lol::lol::lol:

Basically when it comes down to it, they will put their stock out on release day. First come first serve on the games and you just show them the reciept to take 5 off. This is how it's always been to the 5 stores I've been to and what I've heard around CAG. Though you may actually find a store who will actually take names and hold it for you....those managers who make those decisions need a raise :D

[quote name='kosmos13x']Best Buy train their customers to lie. Glad your not the only one to see their failed logic :lol::lol::lol:

Basically when it comes down to it, they will put their stock out on release day. First come first serve on the games and you just show them the reciept to take 5 off. This is how it's always been to the 5 stores I've been to and what I've heard around CAG. Though you may actually find a store who will actually take names and hold it for you....those managers who make those decisions need a raise :D[/quote]

Why would you need to take a name though? They could easily track the pre-order through their system and when you show the receipt they could match they order number on the receipt with game they held for you. That's the way I see it anyways.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Why would you need to take a name though? They could easily track the pre-order through their system and when you show the receipt they could match they order number on the receipt with game they held for you. That's the way I see it anyways.[/QUOTE]

That is how its done. At the store here all reserves are pulled and held at customer service for 2 weeks. They were sold out of DMC4 for a while because of this, since they still had copies shown as instock in the system but they were all held for reserves.

Would Best Buy price match the FF:CC + $10 free gift card deal @ Circuit City? I hope it's not YMMV because there is a free gift card involved.

[quote name='eau']Would Best Buy price match the FF:CC + $10 free gift card deal @ Circuit City? I hope it's not YMMV because there is a free gift card involved.[/quote]

Unfortunately YMMV on that. I've heard success and failure stories in the past about these deals so it all depends on the store, cashier, and sometimes manager. If you do try hope it works! :bouncy::bouncy::D

Just picked up my copy of Crisis Core at my local Gamecrazy. For people who preordered at GC, might wanna check to see if they got it in already. Time to play!

The little bonus UMD case is actually kind of cool.

[quote name='seanmcc']Anybodies GS.com pre-order ship yet?

Mine says: Processing[/quote]

I know they charged my account Friday. So hopefully they have.

[quote name='jling84']Just picked up my copy of Crisis Core at my local Gamecrazy. For people who preordered at GC, might wanna check to see if they got it in already. Time to play!

The little bonus UMD case is actually kind of cool.[/quote]

Confirmed that my GC has them in stock to sell today.

[quote name='Reira']I preordered the CC guide at Amazon, and I also got the notification that it was backordered. But considering I preordered when it was $12.23 and got 10% off (5% book preorder discount, 5% Gold Box) and had a $2.72 credit, I can wait. I thought it was just Amazon, but now I'm guessing it's BradyGames or their distributor. Maybe it's been delayed and no one has the new correct date?[/quote]

Mine shipped finally!

[quote name='eau']Fry's price is $32 OTD. Use it instead if PM'ing CC deal fails.[/quote]

Was this Frys ad in the newspaper or online? Don't recall seeing the ad if it was in the paper.

I'm gonna get ninja gaiden ds, keep the sword stylus, take it to best buy unopened and return it for a gift card. Complain until they price match to CC gift card deal, then play. ^_^

I really am a CAG. lol

Best Buy technically doesn't have to price match anyone since they've got the LE (which should be a slightly different SKU) and no one else does. If you get it matched, good for you, but don't count on it...

Is best buy only going to have the "limited edition" version? Someone else is picking the game up for tomorrow and they don't know anything about that.

I am good at complaining to BB people.

When they offered a free NBA game with the PSP, they were out of stock. I complained until they gave me a rain check.

The game didn't come in 6 weeks. I went back and complained to 6 people and they wouldn't do anything so I called customer service and they said they would give me a $50 gift card for my troubles. A week later the NBA game came, and I returned it and got another gift card, but in 3 weeks the gift card didn't come. I complained again and then got another $50 gift card.

In the end, I got $140 GC for free. ^_^

[quote name='OldKai']Mine shipped from EBgames.com, I'll have it tomorrow.[/quote]mine shipped too, i got the same free overnight deal (thanks CAG!)

I picked up the guide too, it's pretty slick.

Anyone get their game from BB yet? I'm curious to see if the limited edition cover is the same as the one for the game that came in the Japanese FF7:CC PSP 2000 bundle.

[quote name='jling84']Anyone get their game from BB yet? I'm curious to see if the limited edition cover is the same as the one for the game that came in the Japanese FF7:CC PSP 2000 bundle.[/quote]

Looks like it to me.

Went to Best Buy (New York, Queens) today @ 2:20PM or so. There were only 2 copies left on shelves and I grabbed one. Man, these things sold fast! :shock: Good luck to those who was hoping to get FF:CC at Best Buy! Still was able to keep the preorder box since they only needed the receipt. Yay, free UMD case.

[quote name='jling84']Anyone get their game from BB yet? I'm curious to see if the limited edition cover is the same as the one for the game that came in the Japanese FF7:CC PSP 2000 bundle.[/quote]

If you mean the same cover as the preorder box (See yuckfou's picture of his preorder box in this thread, page 7), then yes (Of course, without the red labeling and the best buy logo on it).

I got the BB LE cover today.....it looked like meh at best, not really that shiny or anything like the 1st edition KH covers...

Considering about returning it if I can get a gamestop bonus.

For those debating the BB version just because of the cover, I stopped by a BB today (after picking up the copy I pre-ordered from GS) and all the BB cover is, is the exact same cover as the regular version, but with all of the color removed. It's just black ink on shiny silver paper. That may appeal to some folks, but personally, I actually like the regular cover more.

I just picked up my copy from Best Buy and I love it. The cover looks just like the preorder box, which I am very happy about. If I ever find the game with the normal cover for cheap though, I'll be sure to buy that as well.

A few things to note:

Store: Canton, Ohio (Belden)

-My Best Buy store had about 15 copies with the regular PSP games all having the metallic cover (they actually had no normal cover versions), but they still held the game for me at the counter. If you want the game still and didn't preorder, you don't need to rush to get it here.

-They would not honor the Gift Card from Circuit City, as they told me they do not match gift cards.

Would anybody who picked up the Best Buy version mind posting a photo or two of the cover? I had my mother reserve the game there, but if the cover is really as ugly as some are saying, I'll just have her get the color version instead. Doesn't sound like it's the same as the Japanese cover at all if it's just black ink and silver paper!

Got mine today from GS.com. The Shinra case is pretty cool. I saw the BB LE version & didn't care much for it. Loving the game though. It's awesome.

Dont know if anyone else had this happen but My BB had a $29.99 sign for FFVII:CC which was odd since it rang up as Reg $39.99, but a quick request got them to drop it to the marked price (they then took the sign down)

Not sure if this was something that will be happening next week or what but, just a heads up.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Is there a 10% off coupon somewhere? I'd like to use it on the guide.[/QUOTE]

u dont need a coupon for the guide.... just ask em and theyll give u 10%, that if you buy the game and guide in store.
You do need a coupon for the 10%off the game though

[quote name='Isamu']Heres the 10% off https://moversguide.usps.com/img/coupon/bestbuy/200803_clientarea.gif

(I Think ill get my FF7:CC tomorrow from CC 10% off code +10 GC)[/QUOTE]

That coupon wont wrk on games....

Do you have a coupon for CC ? 10%off ?

[quote name='yuckfou']u dont need a coupon for the guide.... just ask em and theyll give u 10%, that if you buy the game and guide in store.
You do need a coupon for the 10%off the game though

That coupon wont wrk on games....

Do you have a coupon for CC ? 10%off ?[/quote]

Yep code is R8ALNAJAD9

[quote name='yuckfou']any prints that i can use in store ?[/quote]
I just checked and i couldn't find any :\

[quote name='ZeRoX99']Went to Best Buy (New York, Queens) today @ 2:20PM or so. There were only 2 copies left on shelves and I grabbed one. Man, these things sold fast! :shock: Good luck to those who was hoping to get FF:CC at Best Buy! Still was able to keep the preorder box since they only needed the receipt. Yay, free UMD case.

If you mean the same cover as the preorder box (See yuckfou's picture of his preorder box in this thread, page 7), then yes (Of course, without the red labeling and the best buy logo on it).[/QUOTE]

Heh, I went to a Best Buy about half an hour ago, and at first I couldn't find it anywhere and I was worried they had sold out. So I looked around and found a bunch still on a cart where they hadn't even put it on the shelves yet.

[quote name='rainking187']Heh, I went to a Best Buy about half an hour ago, and at first I couldn't find it anywhere and I was worried they had sold out. So I looked around and found a bunch still on a cart where they hadn't even put it on the shelves yet.[/quote]

Is that so? Perhaps I went too early for them to put more on shelves. I guess judging from the last couple posts about how the BB cover is not as good looking as the regular cover, it's not surprising anymore that they'd probably still have BB covers a couple days from now. The cover isn't really THAT bad. :cry:

Damn..... you went all out and bought 2 copies of both the regular and the LE version and the guide book. You even have the Shinra UMD case. Must have cost you a little bit. Bet you're going to get 2 more versions of the EUR version right?:whee:

[quote name='ZeRoX99']Damn..... you went all out and bought 2 copies of both the regular and the LE version and the guide book. You even have the Shinra UMD case. Must have cost you a little bit. Bet you're going to get 2 more versions of the EUR version right?:whee:[/QUOTE]

I also got both versions, but only one copy of each. I like the original cover more than the LE one, but I have both, so I guess I won't complain much.

[quote name='ZeRoX99']Damn..... you went all out and bought 2 copies of both the regular and the LE version and the guide book. You even have the Shinra UMD case. Must have cost you a little bit. Bet you're going to get 2 more versions of the EUR version right?:whee:[/QUOTE]

bought em for friends back home :)

Well, I don't have a local Best Buy, and wanted the LE cover, so I ordered online... Apparently, this was a mistake:
The item listed below is not yet available to be shipped. We expect to ship it within the next 1-2 weeks. We will ship the item sooner if it becomes available.

If you would like to discuss other possibilities for fulfilling your order, please call us at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289), and a Customer Care representative will gladly assist you. Please have your order number handy.

Your options may include:

* Finding a store in your area with your item in stock
* Ordering a similar in-stock item that meets your needs
* Cancelling your current order

We apologize for the inconvenience. If we do not hear from you before we ship your item, we will assume that you accept this delay.

Thank You.
Best Buy Customer Care
Backordered upon release? That's fantastic. Even better that they felt like charging me anyway, for something that hasn't actually shipped. :\

I preordered Appleseed Ex Machina 2-Disc DVD LE from bestbuy.com, counting on the promotion that promised me a bonus ID book. Of course, those suckers didn't ship the one with ID book. I promptly returned it to the store for a full refund.

As a general rule, never order anything from bestbuy.com that is supposed to come with a bonus item. There is a high chance that you won't receive it. The only exception is if the bonus item appears as a separate item in the order, in a similar fashion to the 101 Dalmatians DVD with bonus plush.

bread's done
Back