Da 808 State

demo808

CAGiversary!
I don't know if there is already one for Hawaii.

So for all of you who live in the 808 state. Post any information you would like to share pertaining to deals and upcoming events that is going around the island.

Please only informations that deals with GAMING.

Here's is an update for GS:

A new GS by Safeway in town just opened up and they are doing a B2G1 promo. Don't know how long that will last but they just started this week.

I was talking to BBV csr and all BBV have different prices on their used stuff. New is mostly the same as all BBV in HI are corporate, but they cater the used prices to the area. Hawaii Kai has a fair amount of used and pricely lower than others. They still have a lot of new PS3 games for clearance.

I need to get over my phobia of used games. Haven't seen any worthwhile deals on my side from any retailers recently.

You should give it a try. HK had used GTA IV for $10 at BBV. They have a 30day return policy if it's defective. Gamestop has a 7 day return policy, and if matched correctly with the weekly coupon or B2G1, you can save almost 30-40% on new titles.

It's just that I've had bad luck with used games in the past. I can thank GS for that.
Scratched up discs, manuals in bad condition, stuff growing inside the cases...you name it.

[quote name='btt']It's just that I've had bad luck with used games in the past. I can thank GS for that.
Scratched up discs, manuals in bad condition, stuff growing inside the cases...you name it.[/quote]

I can say that I've had my fair share of bad luck with them as well.
But I started to frequent a certain one recently and got to know some of the employees. Nothing major, but they never hassle me (reservations, warranty, etc.) and always pick the best looking copy of a game for me.

Not too long ago they even let me switch out all my red label PS2 games for black label ones. Now I pretty much shop there exclusively.

However, I do wish we could get some other retailers here like on Oahu.
If only to take advantage of the other deals floating around.

I saw SF4 SE sticks (PS3) at the Ala Moana and Moanalua GS locations for $69.99. Boxes were kind of dented so I didn't bite. Also holding off until I can get my hands on a TE stick.

Anyone know if the local Walmart has the PSN cards on sale? It seems to hit some places in CA. Although I have checked what were supposed to be clearance games on the mainland, but were still at MSRP locally.

BBV in Hawaii Kai still has plenty of new PS3 games on clearance. I saw a used SFIV in Kahala for I think $40 a few days ago. Oh yeah, most BBV should have a lot more used games for sale since they just shifted over a bunch of rentals within the last week or two. I saw stacks of games waited to be retagged last week at HK. Ala Moana is kinda scarce and dunno about Kaheka.

Went to Kahala Mall Gamestop to pick up my UFC undisputed preorder today, and browsed the used PS3 wall, hoping to get Resistance for $15 or other games to be used with the 20% off coupon. The two copies of resistance were tagged at 27 bucks and everything else seemed to be priced higher than I expected. Wasn't jonesin' too much for games so didn't take any up to be scanned.

Also, clearance at Windward Mall sears is a pallet of PS2 and wii games, mostly Disney type, nothing good that I remember.

Honolulu Kmart: no games on clearance.

I've not been to a BBV in ages, but might check out the Kahala BBV next time I'm out there!

[quote name='crabbit']

I've not been to a BBV in ages, but might check out the Kahala BBV next time I'm out there![/QUOTE]

Just want to clarify so you don't waste a trip. I talked to HK and saw the stacks of games to transfer to sale, but am unsure how it went with the other stores. Piikoi had very little and I didn't go to Kaheka. Kahala did have more than I noticed from a month ago, and HK, they had a full section, Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
For the Wii owners, I pm'd the BB website for House of the dead overkill and madworld at Iwilei store today. At first they thought it was an outlet item, but it's just another link on the page. Make sure to have them check it. There were still multiple copies of each.

Thanks bone. I may finally have to take the Wii out of the closet. I'm going to be hitting up Sears/TRU on the 6th to see if any of the monthly drops have taken effect. I will let you 808'ers know.

[quote name='btt']Thanks bone. I may finally have to take the Wii out of the closet. I'm going to be hitting up Sears/TRU on the 6th to see if any of the monthly drops have taken effect. I will let you 808'ers know.[/QUOTE]

Check if the GHIII guitar bundles dropped to $8.97. I pickedup one when I last talked to you but haven't opened it yet. Would love it at that price if I could get it adjusted. I already picked GH Legends, World Tour, and Metallica but I can't play any until I open it. :bomb:

I checked Sears Ala Moana tonight and they didn't even have any GH bundles for PS3/360. Had for PS2 though but they had not been marked down.

Seriously? I was just there last Sat and they had about 5 PS2 and about 6 360 versions of the Aerosmith or GHIII bundle.

Seriously? I was just there last Sat and they had about 5 PS2 and about 6 360 versions of the Aerosmith or GHIII bundle.

Remember what happened with Folklore? 808ers are swift to those Sears deals!

It's a little odd. After the other post from Mid-May about someone finding them at Sears, I went a week later and they still had everything. Now in less than a week, they're cleared out even though it was mentioned so long ago. Oh well, i hope the price drops this weekend so I can get a price adj.

Walmart in town has a rack of clearance games. Didn't see anything that I was interested in, but remember seeing Fracture :ps3: for $12 and Spiderman (Web of Shadows?) :ps3: for $9.99.

I was at Ala Moana Sears today and saw 3 GH III bundles left. I forgot if they were Aerosmith or LoR but they were guitar bundles. The tagged price was $24.97 but I'm sure they're $7.97 when scanned.

I was at Ala Moana Sears today and saw 3 GH III bundles left. I forgot if they were Aerosmith or LoR but they were guitar bundles. The tagged price was $24.97 but I'm sure they're $7.97 when scanned.
PS2 Versions no?

btt, check ur pm's.

If anyone still interested in DS Lites, Kapolei Costco still has the bundle with car charger and folio for $100.

[quote name='crabbit']Walmart in town has a rack of clearance games. Didn't see anything that I was interested in, but remember seeing Fracture :ps3: for $12 and Spiderman (Web of Shadows?) :ps3: for $9.99.[/QUOTE]

Spiderman 3 PS3 for $10 at the Walmart in town.

@TRU.
RE5 (360) - $40 w/ $10 gift card.
Fallout 3 (PS3) - $30.
PoP (360) - $20.
FEAR 2 (360) - $30.

Wal-Mart in town had a laundry basket full of $10 games for 360, Wii, PS3, and PS2. Didn't look through it because there was too many people rummaging, but looked like mostly sports games from last year.

[quote name='crabbit']Wal-Mart in town had a laundry basket full of $10 games for 360, Wii, PS3, and PS2. Didn't look through it because there was too many people rummaging, but looked like mostly sports games from last year.[/QUOTE]

Where was this located? I looked around but didn't see it. All I saw was the end aisle games for discounted $20. Our Walmart is pretty crappy. Most of the other stuff marked down on the mainland is still retail prices here.

BTW, welcome Ray, I expect you to find good deals for all of us! ;)

[quote name='boneless']Where was this located? I looked around but didn't see it. All I saw was the end aisle games for discounted $20. Our Walmart is pretty crappy. Most of the other stuff marked down on the mainland is still retail prices here.

BTW, welcome Ray, I expect you to find good deals for all of us! ;)[/QUOTE]
It was right in front of the electronics section. Guess it didn't last long (it was a medium-sized laundry basket after all).

[quote name='crabbit']It was right in front of the electronics section. Guess it didn't last long (it was a medium-sized laundry basket after all).[/QUOTE]

I read on the Walmart thread that a CAG's $10 clearance games were ringing up at $5. He had ad some winners like Burnout Paradise for PS3. I wish our Walmart would clearance a little more often. i haven't found a single game that matched mainland clearance yet.

Checked out Target today and nothing in stock from the clearance thread. L4D only had GOTY editions which were regular price. MK vs DC was the only one with a placeholder still w/ old price but I'm sure it was $14.98. Whose the CAG that took my MK vs DC????? :cry:

I wasn't even aware that we had Target clearances in Hawaii yet. Will have to keep an eye out on the Target clearance thread from now on.

I was in Target (Salt Lake) yesterday and asked a sales person to scan LotR: Conquest (ps3) and still it still scan at its stickered price of $39.99.

So we definitely don't have any Target clearance in here yet.

[quote name='IamFlip']I was in Target (Salt Lake) yesterday and asked a sales person to scan LotR: Conquest (ps3) and still it still scan at its stickered price of $39.99.

So we definitely don't have any Target clearance in here yet.[/QUOTE]

The Target thread only lists LOTR for the 360 as clearance. There is a whole rack of marked down games across from the WII section in the range of 19.99 and some PSP and DS a little lower.

I stand corrected. I was at Target and it wasn't a 360 MK vs DC placeholder I saw, but Monsters vs Aliens. It wasn't tagged $12.98 but out of stock anyhow. I did try to scan Bioshock for the PC and wasn't clearance price like the thread listed.

Wassup 808'ers.
Here's some scoop on B1G1 from BBV:
Mililani - Crap, it seems like they have their own way of doing things, the last time I was there (no B1G1), they had tons of GTAIV and now, all gone.
Waipio - Slim picking, 1.99/2.99 old gen games
Pearl City - Lots of old gen games (1.99/2.99/4.99), not much on PS3/360/Wii
Salt Lake - Opposite of Pearl City
Ala Moana, Iwilei and Hawaii Kai - Same as Salt Lake

Can somebody report on Kaneohe, Windward, Wahiawa, Waianae, Kapoelei and Ewa Beach.

Happy Flippin'

[quote name='demo808']Wassup 808'ers.
Here's some scoop on B1G1 from BBV:
Mililani - Crap, it seems like they have their own way of doing things, the last time I was there (no B1G1), they had tons of GTAIV and now, all gone.
Waipio - Slim picking, 1.99/2.99 old gen games
Pearl City - Lots of old gen games (1.99/2.99/4.99), not much on PS3/360/Wii
Salt Lake - Opposite of Pearl City
Ala Moana, Iwilei and Hawaii Kai - Same as Salt Lake

Can somebody report on Kaneohe, Windward, Wahiawa, Waianae, Kapoelei and Ewa Beach.

Happy Flippin'[/QUOTE]

Damn, another flipper I have to watch out for! ;)

I want to add the Ala Moana actually really sucks for flipping as they have gotten rid of all PS3 used for sale AND rentals. I overheard the CSR saying they just weren't making enough money off them. They're WII and 360 stock is also very bare, but are still running that "clearance sale" as is Hawaii Kai on select new games, just not the recently released.

bbv in salt lake pretty much has nothing left.

TRU has Street Fighter IV for $39.99 (and you can further apply that 10% off coupon they are doing onto it) checked today lots left.
RE5 is still on sale, not as cheap as a previous sale though, its $44.99 but coupon works on this as well.

BB@Dillingham had a bunch of collector's edition games on sale for 60% off. Some 4th of July weekend stuff.
Nothing interested me.
MKvsDC, Endwar, Brothers in Arms.

No worries bone, my flipping days are over ;). Don't wanna get tagged by GS here and this is a small island.

Here's an addition to the list.
Wahiawa got nothing, they are $2-$3 higher than Salt Lake. No old gen games what so ever.

Just wanted to point out the $20 sale at GS. I've noticed a lot of places out of Wheelman for 360 or PS3, and PS3 versions of Bionic Commando or Hawx. Don't forget the B2G1 that's supposed next week.

BBV is still on, but I've looked around recently and haven't found any more flips. Still good prices if you're actually looking for the newer games to keep. Where's that guy I met at the Kaheka BBV? I thought he said he would post here soon????!!!! :cold:

bread's done
Back