Da 808 State

demo808

CAGiversary!
I don't know if there is already one for Hawaii.

So for all of you who live in the 808 state. Post any information you would like to share pertaining to deals and upcoming events that is going around the island.

Please only informations that deals with GAMING.

Here's is an update for GS:

A new GS by Safeway in town just opened up and they are doing a B2G1 promo. Don't know how long that will last but they just started this week.

[quote name='boneless']Anyone here know where I can find a place that sells computer cases? I only know of Personal Touch Computers. I used to buy from Byteware and CompUSA, but there's none I know of now. Shipping from the mainland is almost double the cost of the case sometimes so that's not an option.[/QUOTE]

What about best buy? last time I went to best buy in dillangham I saw some decent cases, not much selection but it's alright.

[quote name='boneless']So did anyone score free Fairytale Fights from Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

Didn't have a chance to make it out to Best Buy yesterday, so no go for me. How about you?

Nope, one of my kids is sick so I passed on the deal. I was curious if the local BB would honor the coupon since technically the game's on sale. I'm pretty sure Aiea wouldn't since they shot me down for X-blades last time around. I have gotten free You're int he Movies from Iwilei so there's hope there, but I'm just too mentally lazy to fight the crowds an possible debate with a manager. The website shows it in stock, so maybe people got shot down too.

If anyone's interested, Rock Band Drum kit for 360 is $11.xx at Wal-Mart. They had about 4 when I saw it today while trying to fight through the crowd. Look towards the tv's at the end of the PS3 section

Mele Kalikimaka CAG'ers !!!

[quote name='boneless']So did anyone score free Fairytale Fights from Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

Sure did! :)

ffbbfree.jpg

Good score! I'm guessing it was Aiea? I was tempted to pickup some $5 Pikmin but realized it wasn't worth the effort. The store locator said there was stock yesterday.

[quote name='boneless']If anyone's interested, Rock Band Drum kit for 360 is $11.xx at Wal-Mart. They had about 4 when I saw it today while trying to fight through the crowd. Look towards the tv's at the end of the PS3 section

Mele Kalikimaka CAG'ers !!![/QUOTE]

Was at the Pearl City Wal-Mart today and saw the Rock Band drum kit for the 360 for around $10. The store had around 8 of them on the shelves by the home theater in a box units. I picked up the last set for the PS3.:lol:

[quote name='boneless']Anyone here know where I can find a place that sells computer cases? I only know of Personal Touch Computers. I used to buy from Byteware and CompUSA, but there's none I know of now. Shipping from the mainland is almost double the cost of the case sometimes so that's not an option.[/QUOTE]

I like amazon.com. There's a bunch available with free shipping, including the really nice Antec cases.

Sam's Club by Ala Moana should have Punch Out for the Wii at $8.48. The website says low stock so check it out. The Pearl City store still lists at $41.xx so maybe see if they pricematch.

Alright, just moved to Oahu and was wondering if you guys hand any tips for me. I was also curious about places to pick up classic games.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Man, it's been dry in here. Sears Ala Moana had Wii Madworld for 2.97, so check around if it's valid at Windward or Pearlridge too.

There are no Fallout 3 GOTY / Metroids at Sears Ala Moana or Pearlridge. They do however have some NGS2 copies at Sears Pearlridge. Can't go wrong with $20.

*rubs his eyes*

Is that a btt post? Or am I still sleeping? :lol:

[quote name='btt']There are no Fallout 3 GOTY / Metroids at Sears Ala Moana or Pearlridge. They do however have some NGS2 copies at Sears Pearlridge. Can't go wrong with $20.[/QUOTE]

*rubs his eyes*

Is that a btt post? Or am I still sleeping? :lol:

I am indeed back from the dead. Sorry CHEM 161/162 = rape. Not much news from my side. Moanalua Target and Stadium Kmart looked dry when I checked earlier this week. Haven't been to TRU recently so that might be worth a look.

Thanks for the heads up bone *wink wink*

Might be a little off-topic, but I'm just wondering. Lots of CAG members like to order online on Gamestop, saying that they save more money that way. But don't they have to pay shipping? Shipping to Hawaii is like $15 . I hear there's a SAVER deal to get free shipping, but does that apply to Hawaii?

[quote name='Jimbo1']Might be a little off-topic, but I'm just wondering. Lots of CAG members like to order online on Gamestop, saying that they save more money that way. But don't they have to pay shipping? Shipping to Hawaii is like $15 . I hear there's a SAVER deal to get free shipping, but does that apply to Hawaii?[/QUOTE]

I don't think the SAVER code works anymore. Now any order over $25 gets free value shipping. My experience is that it takes about 4 days for preorders and about 1.5 wks otherwise. It does give free shipping here though so at least we aren't screwed on that.

free shipping does not apply to hawaii, says continental US address only... so we are screwed on that. living in hawaii i learned to always read the fine print on these things. Certain sites do offer free shipping Amazon most importantly. But i'm pretty sure gamestop does not...

[quote name='iham32']free shipping does not apply to hawaii, says continental US address only... so we are screwed on that. living in hawaii i learned to always read the fine print on these things. Certain sites do offer free shipping Amazon most importantly. But i'm pretty sure gamestop does not...[/QUOTE]

Free shipping does apply, but only value shipping. Trust me, I've done it plenty of times, or at least with the saver code.

After trying it tonight. I says invalid for the SAVER code but still deducts it at the total right before final purchase so YMMV.

I have bought recently with SAVER for Heavy Rain, Yakuza, and BFBC2 3 different times, and wasn't charged for shipping each time.

I recently bought Resonance of Fate from Gamestop.com and even without the SAVER code I got free value shipping. Just got the game yesterday.

I doubt the employees know about it since they never did before. However, prices I've seen vary widely between stores for the same game.

If anyone's interested, saw 360 Last Remnant and DS Lock's Quest at Kam shopping center BBV for $14.99(?) and $6.99 so gotta pair it with 2 others for free. They also had Wii De Blob for $14.99 possibly.

[quote name='blackjaw']Just a general question: any experience using Gamefly in da islands? How's the shipping? Long?[/QUOTE]I've bought from them before. Took about a week to get here.

Pearlridge sears had quite a few copies of Muramasa and Wario Land marked at $19.97 but they both rang up at $14.97.
TRU also had some new games cheap. Can't remember much but did get Wii Samba de Amigo for $5

So who scored during the Blockbuster sale? Decent games to be found, but seemed most were at $19.99 while they should have been lower according to the mainland. Although I never pricechecked so maybe I'm wrong. I wish we got those prepacked games like them on the mainland.

profanedic, what's that Warioland you're talking about? I searched and could only find a GBA game by that name.

[quote name='blackjaw']Just a general question: any experience using Gamefly in da islands? How's the shipping? Long?[/QUOTE]
I've had a GameFly account for about two years. Takes about two days to send a game back and another two or three to get a new one. Sometimes they ship a new game out before they receive the old one (FastReturn). I'm on the 2-game plan ($22/mo) and usually get to play 5 or 6 games per month.

I went to the Kapolei BBV and got 2 copies of Rock Band 2 for me and a friend. The games had a $14.99 sticker but they rang up as $9.99. She tried to fix it but gave up so I got them both for just $10.44 plus tax!

Not too sure if there were any left there, though.

360 stuffs
Ewa Beach BBV -
Beatles Rock Band (1 left @ 14.99)
X-Men Wolverine uncaged - 14.99
Ghostbusters - 14.99 (didn't see anymore copies I grabbed the last one possibly)
a bunch of Wanted, DS games (didn't look I'm not into em) Can check for someone tomorrow if ya want though...
tons of wii games (also can check 2moro for you if want.)

Dirt 2, Motorstorm, and Murasama $14.97 galore at Pearlridge Sears! It might be better off to wait for next month's drops though as there are a lot of copies left.

Just saw Resident Evil 5 for the PS3 on clearence at the Kapolei Target for $7.69
They literally had 20+ copies!

Those Dirt 2 are good flips to Gamestop for $25 credit when buying another new game $30 and up. Just return the new game later. Or get Assassins creed 2 if you haven't tried that yet. This tradein offer expires today.

Resident Evil 5 for the PS3 is $7.69 at the Kapolei Target. They had about 20+ copies if anyone is interested. I would have bought one, but I already passed it. Great game!

Resident Evil 5 for the PS3 is $7.69 at the Kapolei Target. They had about 20+ copies if anyone is interested. I would have bought one, but I already passed it. Great game!

Good find hslin. I wonder if it's the same price at the "other" Target. It would really save me some gas :0

Anyone check out the Kmart sale? I was thinking of trying to get FF XIII from Iwilei if the sale's on.

Picked up my copy from there yesterday around noon. My friend checked both that location and the Stadium one earlier tonight though and it's OOS.

[quote name='btt']Picked up my copy from there yesterday around noon. My friend checked both that location and the Stadium one earlier tonight though and it's OOS.[/QUOTE]

Awww crap. I guess I'm going to have to break into your house and steal yours.

:twoguns:

bread's done
Back