Da 808 State

demo808

CAGiversary!
I don't know if there is already one for Hawaii.

So for all of you who live in the 808 state. Post any information you would like to share pertaining to deals and upcoming events that is going around the island.

Please only informations that deals with GAMING.

Here's is an update for GS:

A new GS by Safeway in town just opened up and they are doing a B2G1 promo. Don't know how long that will last but they just started this week.

Anybody got into the BBV sale? I didn't try to see if the computer glitch worked, but the Kaheka store had God of War III for $40 and Bioshock 2 for $30. I think it's pretty slim pickin's on all the town stores though.

It has I think. But GOW III for $40 is the same as Gamestop and you get 50% a second game, so it's still decent. BTW, I didn't buy the GOW III and Bioshock 2 at Kaheka so if anybody still wants them go get'em.

I passed by Sam Goody at Ala Moana over the weekend and noticed they have 50% off PS/2 games and 25% off current gen games. I didn't check the titles although. Besides, who goes into Sam Goody anyhow?

Besides, who goes into Sam Goody anyhow?

Me :(
No titles of interest for me but for all you blu-ray heads I was able to snag a new Ghost in the Shell 2.0 for $9.99. There was one copy left.

Anyone ever checked out Toys'n'Joys? Sometimes they have these so-called "hot items" where they dramatically mark down certain pretty decent games. Normally they're a bit on the overpriced side but since they're locally owned I prefer to give them my money instead of Gamestop.

By the way, anyone figured out which of the big retailers are Hawaii-friendly when it comes to free shipping? So far it only looks like Amazon - GS used to be friendly because their VALUE code worked with Hawaii, but not anymore. :( I haven't been able to find a "free shipping" option for Wal-Mart either.

[quote name='Keirnoth']By the way, anyone figured out which of the big retailers are Hawaii-friendly when it comes to free shipping? So far it only looks like Amazon - GS used to be friendly because their VALUE code worked with Hawaii, but not anymore. :( I haven't been able to find a "free shipping" option for Wal-Mart either.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm....are you sure the GS doesn't have free value shipping anymore? I just bought Super Mario Galaxy 2 last week with free value. Maybe it changed since then with their revamping of the website, or maybe just select titles.

You should see Dell, by far the worst.
$23 shipping overnight for a $25 game fuck

[quote name='boneless']Hmmm....are you sure the GS doesn't have free value shipping anymore? I just bought Super Mario Galaxy 2 last week with free value. Maybe it changed since then with their revamping of the website, or maybe just select titles.

You should see Dell, by far the worst.
$23 shipping overnight for a $25 game fuck[/QUOTE]

Yep, I just tried right now - it costs money.

Try it out yourself. :(

saver still worked for me last night when I bought 3d dot game hero and I even used a 10 dollar off coupon on it. I think saver only works when your item total is over $25.

NO WONDER it wasn't working!

I was using the old dated VALUE code. That was working for me on the old site for ages!

I tried SAVER and NOW it works!

I am such a friggin' moron. Thank you all for giving me the heads up!

So anyone here gonna try get Blur for $20 with the manufacture coupon and the sale price and report back here if it works? The best buy in dillingham seems so strict that I don't know if they'll take it.

I'm pretty sure it would work. The manufacturers coupon are different from their in-store coupons. I'm confident enough to even put up a fight a bit than trying to use one of the rewardzone coupons on a sale item.

[quote name='pokadotpowerpuff']Thanks guys. I think I am gonna try it too since I just rented Split/Second from Gamefly and really wanted to play Blur.[/QUOTE]

I really like split second. The first time I tried it I was like, meh...but I got it at $40 at BB minus some $5 rewards to like $15 and gave it another shot. It get's more fun after the 3rd or 4th episode. Although I can see it getting monotonous if you're not that into it. I tried the Blur demo and it's nice to drive the real cars but really similar to mario kart. I think both are different enough that I would buy each, especially at $20. I want to buy modnation racers too but not until maybe $30.

Yeah, definitely get Blur. Get the X360 version, it has a bigger community.

I already have the PC and X360 version of the game, but this manufacturer coupon is just too tempting for me to not get the PS3 version just for the sake of being able to have access to all three communities.

I'll take a crack at the Dillingham one with the sale tomorrow.

I gave them both and the clerk was just asked if I wanted to use both. I said I would like to if it allows it so he tried it and it went through.

Just went to the one at Iwilei and they wouldn't let me stack the manf coupon and the RZ coupon so I got it for 20 + tax. Still a good deal tho! Can't wait to play online!

[quote name='pokadotpowerpuff']How did you guys get both coupon to stack? Do you just give them both coupons?[/QUOTE]

I had them scan my rewards coupon, then my rewards card, and after totaling it, I handed over the manf coupon. I was a little worried when the rewards coupon showed $0.00 on the screen and showed a gray flag screen. But she clicked on OK or whatever and the first coupon went through even though it's on sale. After the manf coupon, she mentioned how they get these all the time for DVDs. Although I would've paid $20 if the rewards one didn't work.

When you went must've been had some warning or maybe a bad cashier.

Dillingham Best Buy had no problems accepting the MFG coupon. Looked like a few people were aware of the combo deal as the PS3 copies weren't on the shelf, but they brought some to the front (a big STACK of em). Went to the cashier and this one knew how to input the MFG coupon.

Blur for $20 still ain't that bad either. It's a great game. Now that I have it for all 3 platforms I get the best of all worlds.

I was playing some on the PS3 last nite and there's one mode with over 15 racers I think that is pretty insane. My car was pretty bad since I'm new but it's pretty fun so far.

There's "Skirmish Racing", which is 2-10 players, and "Powered Up Racing" which is 4-20 players. Powered Up Racing is chaotic and mad fun!

We should get together sometime. I usually only play after 10pm and never know if anyone from Hawaii is playing. I can't make out anything when people talk, sounds all garbled. Or they could be speaking another language? :whistle2:k

My PSN handle is sandokan6220

Any recommendations for places to buy new Yu Gi Oh trading cards? I've checked places like Walmart, Target, Toys R Us, and Toys n Joys. Still need to look at the Animation Maniac (?) stores in Ala Moana. Last resort will be ebay.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

I'm not sure how it is on the rest of Oahu, but BBV in Hawaii Kai is closing in September. That would only leave the Kahala store left on this side, but I think BBV will go bankruptcy since they were de-listed from the NYSE.

Went to the Ala Moana Sears yesterday and saw a bunch of Guitar Hero world tour and Smash hits for $8.97 as well as Wet for 360, Brutal Legend for PS3, and some others for $8.97

[quote name='profanedic']Went to the Ala Moana Sears yesterday and saw a bunch of Guitar Hero world tour and Smash hits for $8.97 as well as Wet for 360, Brutal Legend for PS3, and some others for $8.97[/QUOTE]

That's odd. I was there about 2-3 wks ago and they didn't have anything on clearance. The sale stuff was still in the $20 range.

[quote name='boneless']That's odd. I was there about 2-3 wks ago and they didn't have anything on clearance. The sale stuff was still in the $20 range.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I'm in the area.

Just a heads up that the Kmart off of Ala Moana or Nimitz or whatever East of town has a lot of the $20 PSN cards and they are able to use the coupon for another card.

[quote name='profanedic']Just a heads up that the Kmart off of Ala Moana or Nimitz or whatever East of town has a lot of the $20 PSN cards and they are able to use the coupon for another card.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Sounds like you got the deal for the PSN cards that's being discussed in the KMART thread. I thought that since this deal was listed in KMART's weekly newspaper ad that it didn't apply to "offshore" stores - - which includes the Hawaii stores.

Did the $10 coupon print out automatically, or did you have to show the clerk something?

Hey boys, if you're listening to the CAGcasts, CheapyD is coming to Hawaii!

Oahu I think, wonder if there's a way for us to bug him? :D

BBV in Hawaii Kai is closing. $9.99 and under for all DVD, 10% off all new games. They have some used games but nowhere near the supply they used to have and I don't know if the B1G1 is applicable there. Oh well, it was a great run. my highlight was getting $10 GTA IV flipped for $20. You might even see some of the Bionic commando or Wheelman I traded in there.

Bummer. So many Hawaii stores closing. :(

I live in the Honolulu/McCully area, but perhaps I'll take a drive over there to see what they have. By BBV Hawaii Kai, you're talking about the one in the Koko Marina Center, right? Anything especially juicy that you chose to pass over since it wasn't your taste?

Honolulu Nimitz Highway K-mart is honoring the Weekly specials in the thread. Managed to snag Resonance of Fate for $34.99 + sales tax.

[quote name='Keirnoth']Bummer. So many Hawaii stores closing. :(

I live in the Honolulu/McCully area, but perhaps I'll take a drive over there to see what they have. By BBV Hawaii Kai, you're talking about the one in the Koko Marina Center, right? Anything especially juicy that you chose to pass over since it wasn't your taste?[/QUOTE]

I went again on Sat and it was 20% used, 10% off new, and DVD were $7.99. Nothing really good left except maybe RE5. There was also some Tomb Raider Underworld at $9.99 and a Crackdown 360 but I forgot the price.

It's been a while since anyone's posted in here.

Anyways, Bookoff at Pearlridge is buying back God of War 3 for $40 cash. It's good until October 31. They had other games with reasonable trade values, but I don't remember off-hand.

According to CAG trade-in value, Gamestop is giving $8. Looking at eBay, completed listings show around $30 without fees taken out.

I'm at the Nimitz kmart right now, and it seems that the black Friday game deals are not honored here. I wanted to pick up dragon age ultimate for 34.99 but it rang up as full price. Oh well, FYI...

[quote name='rottentomato']I'm at the Nimitz kmart right now, and it seems that the black Friday game deals are not honored here. I wanted to pick up dragon age ultimate for 34.99 but it rang up as full price. Oh well, FYI...[/QUOTE]

That's odd. I was able to pickup the other games with coupons in the previous weeks. I figure BF was no different.

BTW, the Nimitz Kmart is the worst one. They hardly have anything new even DURING the release week of it. Salt Lake/stadium usually has their stuff stocked between Thur and Sat.

[quote name='boneless']That's odd. I was able to pickup the other games with coupons in the previous weeks. I figure BF was no different.

BTW, the Nimitz Kmart is the worst one. They hardly have anything new even DURING the release week of it. Salt Lake/stadium usually has their stuff stocked between Thur and Sat.[/QUOTE]I think the coupons always print out regardless of location, they just weren't honoring the Mainland BF prices. The Waikele Kmart had Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood at regular price.

[quote name='rodeomothh']I think the coupons always print out regardless of location, they just weren't honoring the Mainland BF prices. The Waikele Kmart had Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood at regular price.[/QUOTE]

My buddy went to the Stadium Kmart and they wouldn't honor the BF ad for AC:Brotherhood.

He took it to the NEX around the corner and they price matched it no questions asked.

[quote name='blackjaw']My buddy went to the Stadium Kmart and they wouldn't honor the BF ad for AC:Brotherhood.

He took it to the NEX around the corner and they price matched it no questions asked.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty pathetic. I didn't get the paper, were they not advertised locally? I can't believe they wouldn't honor their own printed ad. I feel sorry for the people who waited and thought to skip the coupons from release week to get it cheaper without it. I don't know about any of you, but I never stepped foot into Kmart until these coupons started.

bread's done
Back