Da 808 State

demo808

CAGiversary!
I don't know if there is already one for Hawaii.

So for all of you who live in the 808 state. Post any information you would like to share pertaining to deals and upcoming events that is going around the island.

Please only informations that deals with GAMING.

Here's is an update for GS:

A new GS by Safeway in town just opened up and they are doing a B2G1 promo. Don't know how long that will last but they just started this week.

boneless and his cheapass encounters...
Hahha.
Anyone trying to look for BlazBlue (PS3) might have to resort to TNJ. Depending on the GS, it is very YMMV if the employees will allow you to buy a copy if you haven't pre-ordered the game.
Get it while it's still relevant though!
Ebay the game and you'll get what I'm talking about.

I don't get it. btt you need to stop talking in riddles :lol:

BTW, what I bought at BBV was nothing compared to the guy I met. When are we going to bump into each other? :cold:

never mind, I'm assuming the price increase is what you're referring too. Anyone got Wii Punchout yet? I'm really liking that game. And FNR4, for some reason I like the controls, but maybe b/c I only played as Tyson as can wallop everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
picked up last copies at pearl city tnj so you guys are gonna have to resort to the kaimuki one for your copies.
not too sure how the "restocking" of this game works for them cause gs isnt going to restock at all...
YMMV

[quote name='raayraaay']picked up last copies at pearl city tnj so you guys are gonna have to resort to the kaimuki one for your copies.
not too sure how the "restocking" of this game works for them cause gs isnt going to restock at all...
YMMV[/QUOTE]

Ray, you're actually going to play those copies and not, heaven forbid, resell them are you? ;)

Ray, you're actually going to play those copies and not, heaven forbid, resell them are you? ;)
Of course he's going to play BOTH of them.
Nah I have to admit, I picked up two copies myself.

No recent deals on my side of town btw.

[quote name='boneless']Ray, you're actually going to play those copies and not, heaven forbid, resell them are you? ;)[/QUOTE]

one copy for me. and one for the shelf :]

I'm heading over to visit a good friend on Oahu early next month, and while I know about Toys n Joys, has anyone seen many import titles at Book Off? The one up in Vancouver, BC had a small selection of Japanese PS2, PS3, DS and PSP titles, and I was wondering if the two Oahu locations were the same.

Thanks.

There are two Book Offs here in Hawaii. There's one in Ala Moana (Shirokiya) and a new location just opened at Pearlridge. I don't recall seeing any games at either location. The Pearlridge one has games, but they are all crappy used (English) games.

Toys n Joys has their import titles marked up significant and there is no such thing as a sale there, but they have a very nice collection.

We've got Pink Godzilla here in Seattle, so I'm not too interested in new import titles, but if the Book Offs happened to have some used stuff, I'd be up for checking out. Oh well, I'll still hit them up to look through their art books and CDs.

Can anyone confirm recently Target/Kmart drops? I'm planning on possibly checking out Stadium Kmart as soon as the AT&T network is restored.

I would check Target for Fear 2, Riddick, NHL 09, 50 cent BotS, and maybe Hawx. Those are relatively new and may be in their system. I've scanned UPC's there before and prices do drop as reported, but I haven't seen those games in stock at the time. The nice thing about their scanner is that it tells if there's on the floor or inventory in the back.

BTW if you go to Target and see Dead Rising Wii marked down to 9.98 or NHL $14.98, get me one will ya?

Absolutely nothing at Target/Kmart near stadium. Save your gas. Dillingham Kmart did not have any recent drops as well. Either that or the workers are CAGers, hoarding that stuff after work.

The Hawaii Kai Gamestop is pretty well-stocked with used stuff -- spotted BlazBlue, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, Odin Sphere, among others. Would be a good place to use the 25% off coupon. Only problem is that they put stickers on the artwork rather than on the case, which is a hassle to get off.

Sears Ala Moana has Condemned 2 (360) for $4.97.

GS Ala Moana has MVC2 (PS2) for $59.99, Fatal Frame II (PS2) for $39.99, and Fatal Frame III x2 (PS2) for $39.99. Get em quick!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='btt']2 BlazBlue LE (PS3) @ Ala Moana BBV.

Any recent Hawaii steals?[/QUOTE]

You my friend are getting a little too manic over these games. Save your energy and wait until the fall season comes out.

:)

Here I go scolding btt while I go hunting some games down. :whistle2:#

ToysRUs has 2 copies of Blue Dragon 360 for $10 in the clearance bin. I dunno how it is, but seems popular on other threads. There's also Samba Amigo but I think you need maracas or something that it doesn't come with.

Sears Pearlridge has a Bioshock 360 which is supposed to be $14.97 but is very YMMV. Probably best to create a UPC and scan it yourself first.

BestBuy Aiea has some Bioshock guides which were pennied back in Feb or March but now they got about 10 with a shelf price of $20. Dunno what's going on with that but worth a shot if you want one.

Here I go scolding btt while I go hunting some games down. :whistle2:#
Yeah, you actually hurt my feelings there a little bit. Haha.

BB near Dillingham has Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway LE for $24.99. Use that $20.00 off RZ coupon to get it for $4.99. Shelf is full of em...I wonder why.

Just got back from a week on Oahu. The Book Off in the Shirokiya at Ala Moana has a nice selection of used Japanese PS2, PSP, DS and Wii titles. Picked up Rezel Cross (PSP) there, which I'd been looking for for a while now.

Blue Dragon (360) is now $5.00 at TRU. They also restocked on R2 CE's.
@Pearlridge Sears, Bioshock (360) is still ringing up $30.

The Batman AA PS3 buy one get a second Batman AA PS3 game for half off worked for me at TRU. Made the purchase a little before 11 a.m. this morning. So I ended up with 2 Batman AA PS3 games and one $60 TRU GC. Paid $91.xx.

I think the $30 TRU GC offer is good until around 2 p.m. today. After that, they will be giving out $20 GCs. I'm not sure how long the buy one get one half off promotion will last.

Found at sears ala moana -

360 Live vision cam - 4.97
ps3 haze - 2.97
ps3 guitar hero aerosmith - 2.97
ps3 ff rise of the ss - 2.97

Had still a few ps3 games left and also a few other 360 games and anothr vision camera I don't remember exactly how many.

[quote name='dav_surf']Found at sears ala moana -

360 Live vision cam - 4.97
ps3 haze - 2.97
ps3 guitar hero aerosmith - 2.97
ps3 ff rise of the ss - 2.97

Had still a few ps3 games left and also a few other 360 games and anothr vision camera I don't remember exactly how many.[/QUOTE]

Did they have any xbox 120GB hard drives?

[quote name='iamFLIP']Who bought all the Buzz! TV games (PS3) from Ala Moana Sears?[/QUOTE]

How many were there the last time you checked? Why the run on it? Is Buzz flippable or something?

[quote name='redsoxfan808']How many were there the last time you checked? Why the run on it? Is Buzz flippable or something?[/QUOTE]

There were 4 the last time I checked. The game is in clearance sale for $20.

I have a newbie question about trading at BBV. Do they accept game discs that are bundled with hardware? For example, Guitar Hero game discs that came bundled with a guitar or an American Idol game that came bundled with a microphone? It looks like these game discs have cover art but do not have a UPC code so does that matter? If you can trade them in, do you have to trade in the hardware as well? Any BBV easier to trade at (or better TIVs) than others? Can you trade in multiple copies in one visit? Will that get you flagged and lead to problems? Thinking about going to the one on Piikoi, close to Ala Moana Shopping center.

I have the same questions about Gamestop, in case anybody knows the answers.

Thanks in advance.

At GS you can no longer trade in multiple copies of the same game. I'm not too sure about your hardware questions though.

Which one of you CAGs was the one that experienced X-Blades coupon fail at BB today?

[quote name='redsoxfan808']I have a newbie question about trading at BBV. Do they accept game discs that are bundled with hardware? For example, Guitar Hero game discs that came bundled with a guitar or an American Idol game that came bundled with a microphone? It looks like these game discs have cover art but do not have a UPC code so does that matter? If you can trade them in, do you have to trade in the hardware as well? Any BBV easier to trade at (or better TIVs) than others? Can you trade in multiple copies in one visit? Will that get you flagged and lead to problems? Thinking about going to the one on Piikoi, close to Ala Moana Shopping center.

I have the same questions about Gamestop, in case anybody knows the answers.

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Piikoi doesn't accept trade-ins anymore. That goes for Kapiolani/Kaheka and Kahala also. If they do, let us know since the only one I know that still does is Hawaii Kai. In my opinion, GS is a better trade-in when you use the right promo. Right now, low value games are better at GS since they have a trade 3/$10 or trade 4/$20. That stacked with EDGE is quite a bit back, store credit of course. So, any game that has a base TIV of less than $20 is better traded in a group of 4 for $5 per game which equals their best promo of 25%

GS will take games or hardware separately, but they stopped taking GH guitars. YMMV on this b/c I never asked around but was told this by a manager. EDGE does NOT stack on accessories, only games. as btt said, no multiple copies except if they are for different systems(1 xbox,1 PS3, 1 WII).

btt, what happened at BestBuy? ;)

[quote name='boneless']Piikoi doesn't accept trade-ins anymore. That goes for Kapiolani/Kaheka and Kahala also. If they do, let us know since the only one I know that still does is Hawaii Kai. In my opinion, GS is a better trade-in when you use the right promo. Right now, low value games are better at GS since they have a trade 3/$10 or trade 4/$20. That stacked with EDGE is quite a bit back, store credit of course. So, any game that has a base TIV of less than $20 is better traded in a group of 4 for $5 per game which equals their best promo of 25%

GS will take games or hardware separately, but they stopped taking GH guitars. YMMV on this b/c I never asked around but was told this by a manager. EDGE does NOT stack on accessories, only games. as btt said, no multiple copies except if they are for different systems(1 xbox,1 PS3, 1 WII).

btt, what happened at BestBuy? ;)[/QUOTE]

I believe you still can trade at Kapolei, Ewa and salt lake.

btt, what happened at BestBuy? ;)

I think some guy bought 3 copies of X-Blades online for $60. Thinking he could return it at customer service, use the RZ coupon, and get everything for free. It makes sense since X-Blades cost $30 in-store. The lady gave him so BS excuse like online prices and in-store prices are different.

Thanks for all the informative replies. Appreciate it.

Thanks also for the heads up about the X Blades BB experience. Saw that posted on CAG and was thinking about going to BB. Saves me a trip.

[quote name='btt']I think some guy bought 3 copies of X-Blades online for $60. Thinking he could return it at customer service, use the RZ coupon, and get everything for free. It makes sense since X-Blades cost $30 in-store. The lady gave him so BS excuse like online prices and in-store prices are different.[/QUOTE]

So btt, that leaves a question. How did you become privy to that info? :)

So btt, that leaves a question. How did you become privy to that info? :)

Hahaha. Was trying to pre-order Snow White on BR to get the steelbook but they were all out at the Aiea location. Had to order it at the other BB.

So how was everyone's BF hauls? I just ended up buying 2 TE fightsticks from amazon and KOTOR from steam instead of going out this year.

[quote name='menewbe']So how was everyone's BF hauls? I just ended up buying 2 TE fightsticks from amazon and KOTOR from steam instead of going out this year.[/QUOTE]

I got KOTOR also. Really tempted for the Lucas Arts bundle, but my backlog is too large. Also picked up L4D2 and Dead Space Extraction at GS.

Almost forgot, Borderlands for $20 at GS website. I should've waited to get it from Amazon and save the $2 handling charge.

Anyone here know where I can find a place that sells computer cases? I only know of Personal Touch Computers. I used to buy from Byteware and CompUSA, but there's none I know of now. Shipping from the mainland is almost double the cost of the case sometimes so that's not an option.

bread's done
Back