Dance Central series - Dance Central Spotlight $10 on Xbox One!

Crunchewy wasn't kidding - 'Gangnam Style' is quite a workout, even on easy. It's super fast paced. I did beat his score though, mwa ha ha! Love the song and the game. :)

[quote name='LlamaNinja']SO I guess I need to "rent" DC 1 & 2 from gamestop.[/QUOTE]

The transfer requires the unique one-time use code that comes with those games, so it's possible but not guaranteed that a used copy wouldn't have a valid code.

Can someone add me for DC3, I am not very good as this is my first dancing game and I am somewhat limited by a bad leg but that doesn't seem to be much of an issue in this game.

I also found the 2NE1 song in this game, yay!

Never mind. :) I was on tapatalk before - couldn't see the gamertag... though actually later I figured out how to see it in that app.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question, if I get the code for DC2 that is on ebay on the card will I be able to import my songs into DC3 from that or do I have to have the physical disc to import?

Gangnam Style was great. It was one of the rare times where I learned the routine and gold starred all difficulties on the day song came out.

Kinect PlayFit - does anyone else have the problem that DC3 play is not counting? I've got some other games showing up in it, but DC3 has a 0 count. Is there something I was supposed to do in DC3 to get it to work?

Also I beat your Gangnam score, EastX :)

[quote name='jman2avatar']I'm having trouble playing the demo for Dance Central 3. Every time that I start it it only shows the rating screen. It seems like the game freezes at that point. Any tips on what I should do?[/QUOTE]

I had the exact same problem with the game freezing on the "Downloaded songs not rated by the ESRB" black screen, but this was on my retail copy. I was able to get past this problem by deleting my install of DC3 and just loading from the disc.

[quote name='sirsagramore']I had the exact same problem with the game freezing on the "Downloaded songs not rated by the ESRB" black screen, but this was on my retail copy. I was able to get past this problem by deleting my install of DC3 and just loading from the disc.[/QUOTE]

This is an issue that happens to be often and they know about it. When it happens I just clear out the system cache which is quite annoying but does resolve the issue.

[quote name='crunchewy']Kinect PlayFit - does anyone else have the problem that DC3 play is not counting? I've got some other games showing up in it, but DC3 has a 0 count. Is there something I was supposed to do in DC3 to get it to work?

Also I beat your Gangnam score, EastX :)[/QUOTE]

Did you remember to enable Fitness mode in DC3?

Ouch, my score! I need to play more. I've just been trying to catch up with other titles lately.

I didn't know I had to do anything in DC3 to get it to show up in PlayFit - other games just seem to show up. I'll check the Fitness stuff out. Thanks.

Call Me Maybe is out tomorrow.

I...ugh, I want to say I hate this and Gangnam Style so much, but I have no right to say anything since I eagerly await Gaga's Wal Mart timed exclusive songs to come out on XBM. That and they will be bought.

I always get the DLC, and looking forward to Call Me Maybe, going to be awhile before, if ever get gold stars on hard for that song since it is off the hook.

Jaunty and Gallop Turn still giving me issues in Gangnam Style and I'm always getting almost on at least 1-2 moves because of kinect issues.

Check your e-mails, one of my Live accounts just got an e-mail for 160 MS points for playing Dance Central 3. Funny thing is I've never used that account to play DC3.

I got the dance central 2 download from eBay really cheap and imported the songs. I have to admit that this game put a huge smile on my face when I discovered the song I Wish by Exile. I only wish I was able to play this game more. MS really has something with this kinect playfit app, only wish it supported more games. They have managed to somehow quantify exercise. I have dogged the other companies a lot on this board but this feels truly innovative. I know the kinect Is not perfect but its great for what it is especially if you can get a good price on one.

DLC this month is

Jan. 8:
Nicki Minaj - "Whip It"

Jan. 15:
Pitbull ft. Chris Brown - "International Love"
Pitbull ft. T-Pain - "Hey Baby (Drop it to the Floor)"

Jan. 22:
The Wanted - "Glad You Came"

Jan. 29:
Flo Rida - "Let It Roll"

Looks like I'll meet the quota for the rewards in terms of DLC for the month with this.

someone have a import code and wants to share it with me or some dlc will be wonderful thanks and i know that this thread it's not for begging. thanks

[quote name='GueloCategory']someone have a import code and wants to share it with me or some dlc will be wonderful thanks and i know that this thread it's not for begging. thanks[/QUOTE]
You still have to pay 400 points after you get the code to transfer it anyways.

[quote name='bardockkun']You still have to pay 400 points after you get the code to transfer it anyways.[/QUOTE]

I know but i lost my manual and don't have a code

[quote name='GueloCategory']I know but i lost my manual and don't have a code[/QUOTE]

That's enough begging, kid. Get a job.

Dance Central 3 DLC is ending in March. No, Harmonix, no! :( I thought DC was doing well. Though I suppose I'm part of the problem as I haven't bought a lot of the DLC.

I guess DC4 is not guaranteed, maybe not likely. But maybe, wishfully thinking, it's because they are working on a new dance game to replace it?

http://www.dancecentral.com/march-dlc-update

Actually, I suppose it's possible that they are moving to work on Dance Central for the next Xbox???

Dang. I was waiting on sales for a lot of the DLC...

I hope that's what they're going, Crunchewy. A Kinect 2 version would be fantastic.

Yeah, that's a bummer. I'd thought that they would support DC3 a little while longer after they stopped releasing new Rock Band tracks.
How they worded it, a DC4 on new generation consoles is highly likely. I guess we should all just hope that we can import our libraries to the new game.

I Don't see how the next XBox won't have Dance Central considering it's the flagship title of Kinect basically. That and with the rumored announcement of the new console in April it kinda makes sense, but the fact that it's ending now before the console's release or news about it does kind of give me the foreboding feeling that DLC won't transfer to the new console.

[quote name='lordopus99']First RB and now DC... Harmonix what are you doing... These "new projects" better be completely worth it.[/QUOTE]
The more I think about it the more it bugs me over how little we know, then it bugs me more knowing how much time I've spent in this game over so many others. As in spent over 100 hours according to Raptr invested in DC3 alone kinda time...

So I am WAAAAAY too overly emotionally invested in this and waaaaaaay too distraught.

Pretty sad to see the two games I buy the most dlc for are ending that. Silver lining is that at least I can try and catch up on the songs I haven't much time to play.

I'm incredibly disappointed too. I do suspect that they are working on DC4 for the next XBOX and are cutting the compatibility to just DC3 on back due to the next XBOX live infrastructure being different. I could be completely wrong, but they do have to work on DC4 at some point right? DC3 did include a code to roll its songs forward...

[quote name='blitz6speed']Ive read that DC is going multi-plat for next gen on all platforms, which is why the DLC has ended for 360.[/QUOTE]

That would be interesting, especially seeing how the Wii U and PS4 do not/will not have Kinect.

[quote name='DQT']I'm incredibly disappointed too. I do suspect that they are working on DC4 for the next XBOX and are cutting the compatibility to just DC3 on back due to the next XBOX live infrastructure being different. I could be completely wrong, but they do have to work on DC4 at some point right? DC3 did include a code to roll its songs forward...[/QUOTE]
Not to sound like an asshole, but Rock Band 3 had a song tranfer code as well and that's been put to no use whatsoever. In the very least it should've been a code to transfer the songs to be played on Blitz, but nope.

Otherwise goddamn I hope we get some clarification soon besides just the "yup, we're done and that's it" from Harmonix.

Yeah, I wish I could transfer the RB3 songs to Blitz. I presume there are licensing issues that prevent it, but that doesn't prevent it from being disappointing.

[quote name='bardockkun']Not to sound like an asshole, but Rock Band 3 had a song tranfer code as well and that's been put to no use whatsoever. In the very least it should've been a code to transfer the songs to be played on Blitz, but nope.

Otherwise goddamn I hope we get some clarification soon besides just the "yup, we're done and that's it" from Harmonix.[/QUOTE]

Sigh. Fair Enough. But still, this many DC games and DLC and not a single Beyonce song? :whistle2:|

Dance Central DLC is on sale this week. I see some newer songs like Whip It on sale. Somebody please post the complete sale list when it shows up.

They posted it:

http://www.dancecentral.com/dlc-sale-may

MULTI-SONG PACKS

Fergie Fan Pack 01 -240 MS Points
“London Bridge” -Fergie
“Fergalicious” -Fergie ft. will.i.am

Flo Rida Fan Pack 01 -240 MS Points
“Let It Roll” -Flo Rida
“Low” -Flo Rida

Justin Bieber Fan Pack 01 -360 MS Points
“All Around the World” – Justin Bieber ft. Ludacris
“Beauty And A Beat” -Justin Bieber ft. Nicki Minaj
“Never Say Never” -Justin Bieber ft. Jaden Smith

Ne-Yo Fan Pack 01 -240 MS Points
“Because of You” -Ne-Yo
“Closer” -Ne-Yo

Pitbull Fan Pack 01 -360 MS Points
“Give Me Everything” -Pitbull ft. Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
“Hey Baby (Drop It to the Floor)” -Pitbull ft. T-Pain
“International Love” -Pitbull ft. Chris Brown

Rihanna Fan Pack 01 -720 MS Points
“Disturbia” -Rihanna/p>
“Only Girl (in the World)” -Rihanna
“S & M” -Rihanna
“SOS” -Rihanna
“What’s My Name?” -Rihanna ft. Drake
“Umbrella” -Rihanna ft. Jay-Z

Sean Paul Fan Pack 01 -240 MS
“Get Busy” -Sean Paul
“Temperature” -Sean Paul

Dance Pack 12 -1440 MS Points
“Gangnam Style” -PSY
“Call Me Maybe” -Carly Rae Jepsen
“Alejandro” -Lady Gaga
“Paparazzi” -Lady Gaga
“Sorry For Party Rocking” -LMFAO
“Whip It” -Nicki Minaj/p>
“Glad You Came” -The Wanted
“All Around The World” -Justin Bieber ft. Ludacris
“Beauty and a Beat” -Justin Bieber ft. Nicki Minaj
“Lights” -Ellie Goulding
“Take Care” -Drake ft. Rihanna
“SOS” -Rihanna
“Umbrella” -Rihanna ft. Jay-Z
“London Bridge” -Fergie

Dance Pack 13 -600 MS Points
“Euphoria” -Usher
“Twister” -Usher
“International Love” -Pitbull ft. Chris Brown
“Hey Baby (Drop It to the Floor)” – Pitbull ft. T-Pain
“What Makes You Beautiful” -One Direction/p>

SINGLES ON SALE

Each single discounted to 160 MS Points each.

A Tribe Called Quest – ” Scenario ”
Afrika Babaataa & The Soul Sonic Force – ” Planet Rock (Original 12”) Version ”
Amerie – ” Heard ‘Em All ”
B.o.B ft. Haley Williams of Paramore – ” Airplanes ”
Blur – ” Girls & Boys ”
Busta Rhymes – ” Don’t Touch Me (Throw Da Water On Em) ”
C+C Music Factory – ” Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now) ”
Cameo – ” Word Up! ”
Carly Rae Jepsen – ” Call Me Maybe ”
Cee Lo Green – ” Forget You ”
Chic – ” Le Freak ”
Chris Brown – ” Yeah 3x ”
Dem Franchize Boyz ft. Peanut and Charlay – ” Lean wit It, Rock wit It ”
Demi Lovato – ” La La Land ”
Diddy-Dirty Money ft. T.I. – ” Hello Good Morning ”
Drake ft. Rihanna – ” Take Care ”
Ellie Goulding – ” Lights ”
Fatboy Slim – ” Weapon of Choice ”
Fergie ft. will.i.am – ” Fergalicious ”
Fergie – ” London Bridge ”
Flo Rida – ” Low ”
Flo Rida – ” Let It Roll ”
Gwen Stefani – ” Hollaback Girl ”
Iyaz – ” Replay ”
James Brown – ” Get Up (I Feel Like Being A), Sex Machine Pt. 1 ”
Janet Jackson – ” Control ”
Janet Jackson – ” Escapade ”
Janet Jackson – ” Nasty ”
Jeremih ft. 50 Cent – ” Down On Me ”
Justice – ” D.A.N.C.E. ”
Justin Bieber ft. Jaden Smith – ” Never Say Never ”
Justin Bieber ft. Ludacris – ” All Around The World ”
Justin Bieber ft. Nicki Minaj – ” Beauty And A Beat ”
Kat DeLuna ft. Elephant Man – ” Whine Up ”
Kelis – ” Milkshake ”
Kelly Rowland ft. David Guetta – ” Commander ”
Keri Hilson – ” Turnin Me On ”
Kevin Rudolf ft. Lil’ Wayne – ” Let It Rock ”
Lady Gaga – ” Marry The Night ”
Lady Gaga – ” The Edge Of Glory ”
Lady Gaga – ” Paparazzi ”
Lady Gaga – ” Alejandro ”
Lady Sovereign – ” I Got You Dancing ”
Lloyd – ” Get It Shawty ”
LMFAO – ” Sorry For Party Rocking ”
LMFAO ft. Lauren Bennett & GoonRock – ” Party Rock Anthem ”
Michael Franti & Spearhead – “Say Hey (I Love You)”
Missy Elliott – ” We Run This ”
N.E.R.D. – ” Lap Dance ”
Naughty By Nature – ” O.P.P. ”
Nelly – ” Hot in Herre ”
Nelly Furtado ft. Timbaland – ” Promiscuous ”
Ne-Yo – ” Because of You ”
Ne-Yo – ” Closer ”
Nicki Minaj – ” Whip It ”
One Direction – ” What Makes You Beautiful ”
Paula Abdul – ” Straight Up ”
Pitbull ft Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer – ” Give Me Everything ”
Pitbull ft. Chris Brown – ” International Love ”
Pitbull ft. T-Pain – ” Hey Baby (Drop It To The Floor) ”
PSY – ” Gangnam Style ”
Rick James – ” Super Freak ”
Rihanna – ” Disturbia ”
Rihanna – ” What’s My Name ”
Rihanna – ” Only Girl (In The World) ”
Rihanna – ” S&M ”
Rihanna – ” SOS ”
Rihanna ft. JAY-Z – ” Umbrella ”
Rupee – ” Tempted To Touch ”
Sean Paul – ” Get Busy ”
Sean Paul – ” Temperature ”
Selena Gomez & The Scene – ” Round & Round ”
Snow – ” Informer ”
Spice Girls – ” Spice Up Your Life (Stent Radio Mix) ”
Tag Team – ” Whoomp! (There It Is) ”
Taio Cruz – ” Break Your Heart ”
The Black Eyed Peas – ” I Gotta Feeling ”
The Pussycat Dolls ft. Busta Rhymes – ” Don’t Cha ”
The Wanted – ” Glad You Came ”
Timbaland ft. Keri Hilson and D.O.E – ” The Way I Are ”
Tone Lōc – ” Wild Thing ”
Trey Songz ft. Fabolous – ” Say Aah ”
Usher – ” Euphoria ”
Usher ft. Pharell – ” Twisted ”
Yolanda Be Cool & DCUP – ” We No Speak Americano ”

Everything is on sale. Singles are 50% off. I'm not sure what the discount % is on the multipacks.

So now my problem. I love this game, but the truth is that I think the music in general is terrible. It's not my type of music, but it is fine for the game. So when I look at that list I see absolutely nothing I want from a music standpoint. But if the song is fun to play I'd like to buy it, so what are the most fun to play songs on that list?

I already have Gangnam Style, which is easily my favorite to play song of the DLC I have bought. I definitely recommend that. It's also a great workout. I have some of the Lady Gaga, but I couldn't tell you which offhand. None of them are really that fun. I bought them because the Gaga song on DC1 (Poker Face) is easily my favorite song to start with when I play. But the DLC songs are just kind of blah to play. IMHO, of course.

The Xbone not being backward compatible sure sucks for Kinect games. Who's going to have 2 Kinects on top of their TV at the same time? I kind of doubt that any of this DLC will trasnfer to DC4 on the One. Maybe we'll be lucky, though, and they'll recognize the issue with Kinect games and make the DLC and transfers compatible? Fingers crossed. Not that I'm getting a One any time soon....

I Hate Gangnam Style and the game just made me hate that wretched song even more. For all the DC3 era DLC I enjoyed majority of them minus the last few (London Bridge, Lights, Take Care, Glad You Came), but the rest of the stuff I fucking love and find it to be some of the best they've done. Mostly because they really kick up the difficulty and alot more original moves. Usher pack in particular is great.

Back from the dead! Dance Central Spotlight is out now on Xbox One with 10 songs for $9.99.

My Dance Central Spotlight review - one of the few reviews to look at how Spotlight stacks up to previous games, I think.

http://youtu.be/1UqaNqlHolU

Dance Central Spotlight has very little DLC out so far, but I finally had 3 songs eligible to get free from previous XBox 360 Dance Central purchases. Oddly the Dance Central Spotlight menu in the game kept asking me to rebuy songs I already bought on 360. However if I went to the Xbox Home Screen and then press the controller's menu button on the game and manually go through each song I could re-download a few of them free...

I had this same issue on a set of tables in Pinball FX. That game is also still having issues with some previously purchased tables such as the original Marvel tables.

:Update:

Over the weekend I went back through all the DC Spotlight songs and I now have received 7 for free that I supposedly purchased previously on the Xbox 360. The store in the game tries to make you rebuy songs, but browsing game add-ons is the only solution I have found so far for receiving your legacy songs.

bread's done
Back