Dance Central series - Dance Central Spotlight $10 on Xbox One!

Also can create setlists or queue songs on a smart phone or tablet with the 360 Smart Glass thing, which will be nifty IF it works as intended.

[quote name='bardockkun']Also can create setlists or queue songs on a smart phone or tablet with the 360 Smart Glass thing, which will be nifty IF it works as intended.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I think I completely missed that from looking at the announcement page.

I just knew "Teach Me How to Dougie" was going to be in DC3 and not be DLC. At this point, we should all expect "Single Ladies" too, right?

[quote name='Cephiros']Any predictions when this going to come out in Fall 2012? I'm thinking they might release it around the same time as DC2.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much a given should be sooner though since its just more songs

[quote name='theredworm']Pretty much a given should be sooner though since its just more songs[/QUOTE]
The new multiplayer modes with make your own move, 4 on 4 crew battles and Smart Glass support say otherwise.

[quote name='bardockkun']The new multiplayer modes with make your own move, 4 on 4 crew battles and Smart Glass support say otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Online multiplayer or that stuff I'd prefer online but we'll never get that

i don't see how online could not work. it's not like they have to be a lot of data sent back and forth. just show a scoring indicator or something. all the data is kept locally with only some minor information sent back and forth to give the illusion of multiplayer.

do it like DJ Hero or Guitar Hero or Rock Band. c'mon, Harmonix! we know you can pull it off!

Lil Jon is such a weird pleasant surprise. Simply because I'm curious as to what the move is for "SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET!"

YMCA and Macarena I think are only ones that I'm really meh about.

I loved watching the video of them explaining the story. It's so absurd they can't even keep a straight face. I'm just okay with YMCA and Macarena. The thing about rhythm based games is they are notorious at making you like songs you otherwise wouldn't listen to.

The 2NE1 song is strangely addicting to listen and sounds like it will be a fun play. Also, finally people on the DC forums can finally shut up about Moves like Jagger.

At least FINALLY someone is doing a tongue in cheek story in a rhythm game that isn't on DS so I'm fully behind that. Otherwise Electric Slide, YMCA and Macarena (ESPECIALLY Macarena) are just one of those dances where I knew around Elementary and Middle school days and prefer not to remember. So I've listened to them enough and just don't care to relive it as much.

[quote name='bardockkun']Lil Jon is such a weird pleasant surprise. Simply because I'm curious as to what the move is for "SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET!"[/QUOTE]
Must have some movement in the wrists ;)

JJ Fad... Nice touch Harmonix

Just a question for some of the players. Has anyone else had trouble with the right here move in Club Can't Handle Me. On the right side 95% of the time it seems I can only get a nice and 80% of the time on the left I can get a flawless. It doesn't make any sense. It's the main thing preventing me gold starring it.

[quote name='Cephiros']Just a question for some of the players. Has anyone else had trouble with the right here move in Club Can't Handle Me. On the right side 95% of the time it seems I can only get a nice and 80% of the time on the left I can get a flawless. It doesn't make any sense. It's the main thing preventing me gold starring it.[/QUOTE]
I Think I typically tend to get flawless, but some of the moves are a bit meh for me like when I'm doing "Throw the Water on Em" and when I'm fanning myself on the right side I get either miss or get flawless and it's always rather random.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Think I typically tend to get flawless, but some of the moves are a bit meh for me like when I'm doing "Throw the Water on Em" and when I'm fanning myself on the right side I get either miss or get flawless and it's always rather random.[/QUOTE]

That's strange, I always get flawless on those fanning moves. In fact on that song I've gotten it down to all flawless except for 2 nice moves with no almost or misses.

I know it shouldn't bother me much, I mean 5 stars on a song is good too, but I always strive for those gold stars. I know I have become overall since DC2 came out because I keep on pushing myself. By the way, you can add me to your friend's list if you want. Always like having new DC friends for the leaderboards.

[quote name='Cephiros']That's strange, I always get flawless on those fanning moves. In fact on that song I've gotten it down to all flawless except for 2 nice moves with no almost or misses.

I know it shouldn't bother me much, I mean 5 stars on a song is good too, but I always strive for those gold stars. I know I have become overall since DC2 came out because I keep on pushing myself. By the way, you can add me to your friend's list if you want. Always like having new DC friends for the leaderboards.[/QUOTE]
Cool. I'll add you in a bit then. My tag is Bootsy McWhiskr because I lack any sense of thinking of a clever gamertag on the spot so I just came up with the dumbest one possible. Also one of my friends has beaten a few of my scores and THEY'RE ON EASY so it drives me goddamn insane. So long as your scores on hard for beating mine I'll just lightly curse at you.

Well I finally gold starred Club Can't Handle Me. I received it on the last move but a gold star is a gold star. Now I don't have to play the song ever again.

Updated the DLC to include August, let me know what you think about the DLC when it comes out. Looks like it will be tough for me to gold stars these on hard but we'll see.

All I know is I finally goddamned 5-starred Bieber on hard last night. Now that's every Hi-Def song that's been 5-starred. All that's left is Flash Forward. Plus I want to get more DLC, but so close to October and I think there will be a sale upon release of DC3 like there was for DC2.

1. Scenario - (5/7) - Long, but super fun
2. Don't Touch Me (Throw the Water On Me) (3/7) - not hard but a calorie burner it seems
3. Forget You (2/7) - Easy but always a blast to play
4. Replay (5/7) - It has become my warmup song
5. Promiscuous (5/7) - Has some fun moves.

However, I currently have all the DLC.

I Only just recently bought the last 19 songs I was missing in my collection (so now I have EVERYTHING), but from what I've played enjoyed DLC wise off the top of my head...

Tribe Called Quest - "Scenario", I Don't know how this song got a 3 or 4 dot rating, it definitely feels like a 5 or a 6. Regardless the song is TIRING, because it's not edited all the way down like some songs. Even with that, it's fun and it throws a ton of moves at you, but none of them feel overly complex to nail down.

Timbaland f/ Keri Hilson and DOE - "The Way I Are", this is a Dance Central 1 piece of DLC (meaning forced Freestyles), but I still enjoy it alot. Learning the moves on this one are alot more strict (as is alot of DC1 songs compared to 2), but once not impossible once you notice the small things here and there. That and there are some original moves and the beat is fantastic. Also being able to nail the timing down of the last couple of moves is a fantastic feeling.

Rihanna - "Disturbia". Good warm up song, it strikes that point for me where it looks a bit complex, but is a simple dance that is repetitive, but doesn't look it when you see someone play it. Another DC1 era piece of DLC.

Keri Hilson - "Turnin Me On". I Think that right point of feminme dance moves, without looking too weird for a guy. DC1 era as well.

Cee Lo Green - "Forget You". It's a song everyone knows and the dance even on highest difficulty isn't too bad for a group (thanks to some repetition) to dance along to, if not then just to laugh at some of the whining moves.

Bardockkun, Scenario is legit which is 5/7. It is a long song but the moves aren't overly complicated. I usually consistently gold star it these days but I still have trouble on some moves not going flawless. However, I'm pretty sure it's more me than the kinect.

[quote name='darrenaero']Is dance pack 11 at 1080 points the sale price? I picked up a lot of mega packs from previous sales and didn't rennet them being so much.[/QUOTE]
Considering there has never been a Dance Pack 11 and it's all DC2 songs and all the packs are marked down and on sale for a limited time, yes.

[quote name='darrenaero']Got it. Just makin sure bc the massive RB sale didn't include everything on sale. Just most songs.[/QUOTE]
If you're buying just packs, just know that I think there are 3 songs that aren't in the marathon pack and LMFAO "Party Rock Anthem" is the only DC2 song not in any bundle.

Hope everyone is having fun with the game and the tongue in cheek story line. I'll clean up the wiki as soon as I have some free time.

I'm loving this game. Just got thru the goofy story on easy. Btw if anyone else is using the playfit app and wants to team up to get the high calorie achievements feel free to send sierranight a friend request. I'm at 3600 calories and will climb quickly now that dc3 is out.

Looks like the DLC sale has ended. I'm surprised they didn't let it go throughout the week, but they only promised the 15th, and that's what we got.

I too am loving part 3. I've only done a few songs in story mode so far though.

[quote name='theredworm']Besides new songs what is new to entice people to buy the game?[/QUOTE]

Multiplayer stuff I would say, there's a party mode, crew battles, and a fun freestyle mode where you try to match each other's moves.

I just wonder if the Ninja characters are in 3, as well.

[quote name='rly723']did they finally add online head to head multiplayer, something ive been waiting for since DC 1[/QUOTE]

no they did not?

(misuse of punctuation intentional)

Got a bit if a dumb question, considering this is my 3rd DC game. But are these songs shortened from the regular versions? I created a set list (wish RB3 had a friggin shuffle mode) and noticed that 99% were under 3 minutes. Starships, for example is about 45 seconds shorter on DC3.

[quote name='darrenaero']Got a bit if a dumb question, considering this is my 3rd DC game. But are these songs shortened from the regular versions? I created a set list (wish RB3 had a friggin shuffle mode) and noticed that 99% were under 3 minutes. Starships, for example is about 45 seconds shorter on DC3.[/QUOTE]

I may be wrong but I think there's an option either in the playlist creation or in party mode to set the length of the songs (short or full).

But if the box is white, that means its checked, right? Guess I'll uncheck and see what happens.

Edit--

Didn't change anything. Feeling very dumb/confused right now.

bread's done
Back