Dance Central series - Dance Central Spotlight $10 on Xbox One!

Yeah, I'm surprised the review embargo is so far ahead of the game's release date. At Co-Optimus we didn't want to run it too early like that.

The reviews don't really surprise me considering Harmonix has really yet to disappoint me in terms of rhythm games. It's just a matter of waiting all over again though.

Has anyone put up a full 100% song list for dance central 2? Also, what characters got cut from dance central 1? I don't see that lady gaga looking girl anywhere in the videos.

[quote name='dios']Has anyone put up a full 100% song list for dance central 2? Also, what characters got cut from dance central 1? I don't see that lady gaga looking girl anywhere in the videos.[/QUOTE]
You mean Dare? Dare didn't seem to make the cut unless she's a hidden character. So far only ones from DC1 who've made the cut are...

Angel
Emelia
Miss Aubrey
Mo
Taye

Everyone else is new.

I Always swung with Emelia, I don't know why. Though me and my friend also have a weird joy of playing as Miss Aubrey because of the sassy bitchiness.

Here ya go! Dance Central 2 songs by difficulty:

Level 1
  • Sandstorm – Darude
  • Mai Ai Hee (Dragostea Din Tea) – O-Zone
  • Reach – Atlantic Connection And Armanni Reign
  • Real Love – Mary J. Blige
Level 2
  • Venus – Bananarama
  • Bulletproof – La Roux
  • Turn Me On – Kevin Lyttle
  • Last Night – P. Diddy feat. Keyshia Cole
  • The Humpty Dance – Digital Underground
  • Impacto (Remix) – Daddy Yankee feat. Fergie
  • This Is How We Do It – Montell Jordan
  • The Breaks – Kurtis Blow
Level 3
  • Hot Stuff – Donna Summer
  • Body to Body – Electric Valentine
  • Fire Burning – Sean Kingston
  • You’re A Jerk – New Boyz
  • Oops (Oh My) – Tweet feat. Missy Elliot
  • Right Thurr – Chingy
  • Rude Boy – Rihanna
  • Nothin’ On You – B.O.B feat. Bruno Mars
  • Club Can’t Handle Me – Flo Rida feat. David Guetta
  • I Like It – Enrique Iglesias feat. Pitbull
Level 4
  • Massive Attack – Nikki Minaj feat. Sean Garrett
  • My Prerogative – Bobby Brown
  • Grenade – Bruno Mars
  • I Wish For You – Exile
  • Meddle – Little Boots
  • Goodies – Ciara
Level 5
  • Born This Way – Lady Gaga
  • Whip My Hair – Willow Smith
  • Conceited (There’s Something About Remy) – Remy Ma
  • What Is Love? – Haddaway
  • Like A G6 – Far East Movement
  • Yeah! – Usher feat. Lil’ Jon & Ludacris
  • Bad Romance – Lady Gaga
  • DJ Got Us Fallin’ In Love – Usher feat. Pitbull
Level 6
  • Run (Natural Disaster) – Gnarls Barkley
  • Baby Got Back (Mix Mix) – Sir Mix-A-Lot
  • Technologic – Daft Punk
  • Somebody To Love – Justin Bieber
Level 7
  • Satellite – Lena
  • Get Ur Freak On – Missy Elliot
  • Toxic – As made famous by Britney Spears
  • Sexy Chick – David Guetta feat. Akon
In case you were wondering, the Daft Punk song and routine are extremely cool. Only one song - Toxic - is a cover. It sticks out like a sore thumb IMO and should have been excluded.

My friend kept hounding me that she wanted Teach me how to dougie (sp?) in this game. I honestly never heard the song before but her favorite song in DC1 was Teach me how to jerk. Wonder if it will ever be available as DLC.

Party Rock Anthem would make this game a day 1 for me. Song isn't the best when you're sober but when you're hammered drunk it's amazing!

[quote name='Nealocus123']Party Rock Anthem would make this game a day 1 for me. Song isn't the best when you're sober but when you're hammered drunk it's amazing![/QUOTE]
For what it is worth, the song appears in Just Dance 3.

Can you please tell me what songs and/or modes are available in the demo? Also, does it look like a second player can join in?

I need to hurry and get a post up about this on Co-Optimus, so I appreciate it.

club can't handle me and bulletproof are the 2 songs

looks like you should be able to play 2 player but my wife isn't here to jump in

dance now/dance battle/break it down

edit: confirmed 2 player dance now and dance battle and voice commands in menus and break it down work

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the bulletproof routine so far, did easy and medium, medium was fun now time to see how hard is

club can't handle me has a move that is really awkard to do (at least for me)

Can anyone recall when DC2 was on sale for pre-order this summer? I wanna say it was Newegg that had it for $37.99, but apparently I have no preorder with them. I wanna find where ever I preordered and order throu Amazon--$10 off and 400 points. It's possible I'm totally misremembering, but I coulda swore it was Newegg.

[quote name='darrenaero']Can anyone recall when DC2 was on sale for pre-order this summer? I wanna say it was Newegg that had it for $37.99, but apparently I have no preorder with them. I wanna find where ever I preordered and order throu Amazon--$10 off and 400 points. It's possible I'm totally misremembering, but I coulda swore it was Newegg.[/QUOTE]

Newegg is correct.

Ordered mine on 8/10/11.

Did you check under preorder status? Preorders don't show up under normal orders.

I'm kinda sad they changed Emelia's voice actress, but still I am loving the shit out of the voice controls now though.

[quote name='bardockkun']I'm kinda sad they changed Emelia's voice actress, but still I am loving the shit out of the voice controls now though.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if the demo is an older build and has placeholder voices. They seem a step back from DC1. Some of the other parts of the demo seem a little basic too in presentation.

[quote name='theredworm']hey eastx are there challenges in dc2 like there were in dc1 where it has a mix of songs?[/QUOTE]

You can create playlists, and Fitness mode has a bunch of timed playlists (12 minutes, 32 minutes, etc.). But I haven't seen a mode that actually mixes only parts of two songs together if that's what you mean (I'm rusty on DC1).

[quote name='wakawakawa']I wonder if the demo is an older build and has placeholder voices. They seem a step back from DC1. Some of the other parts of the demo seem a little basic too in presentation.[/QUOTE]
You mean like how there's no pre-dance character introduction?

That and man it took awhile to get use to the speed of the new Break It Down mode. That and it's kinda hard to tell when you didn't get a nice or flawless on a move now.

So went by my local walmart tonight randomly and in the game case were two rows of DC2 staring at me. The lady got me a copy out and I took it up front to get rung up and CANNOT SELL ITEM came up on the register, she got a manager but the manager just picked up my DC2 and took it away. Oh well I've got it on order from amazon, had a $50 wallyworld gc that I could've used.

One thing I did see was the copies of DC2 at walmart had a banner on it saying *code included for 240 mspoints*.

no problem eastx

can't wait to get my retail copy, the demo isn't enough and I only got to play 3 songs when I was at the kinect booth at mall of america

thought I might have scored my copy early at walmart 2 days ago but their system wouldn't let it sell early :(

So I picked up DC2 today... After plugging in the 240 pts code (Best Buy), I then realized wasn't this suppose to cover all costs for importing DC1?? Since it is 400 pts, I ended up having to give 160pts. Any idea what went wrong?

[quote name='lordopus99']So I picked up DC2 today... After plugging in the 240 pts code (Best Buy), I then realized wasn't this suppose to cover all costs for importing DC1?? Since it is 400 pts, I ended up having to give 160pts. Any idea what went wrong?[/QUOTE]

Some preorders give you a 400 point card + the 240 code that all copies come with. 240 is the cost of a dlc song btw.

[quote name='lordopus99']So I picked up DC2 today... After plugging in the 240 pts code (Best Buy), I then realized wasn't this suppose to cover all costs for importing DC1?? Since it is 400 pts, I ended up having to give 160pts. Any idea what went wrong?[/QUOTE]

I got my copy of DC2 from Best Buy as well. It was printed on the receipt along with my BF3 code as well. If it wasn't on the receipt you can either contact support or go back to the store. They should have hit F10 at the checkout according to some other CAGs on the BF3 threads.

[quote name='Cephiros']I got my copy of DC2 from Best Buy as well. It was printed on the receipt along with my BF3 code as well. If it wasn't on the receipt you can either contact support or go back to the store. They should have hit F10 at the checkout according to some other CAGs on the BF3 threads.[/QUOTE]

Ah didn't realize that or I would have made sure like I did with BF3. Thanks for the help. I will give them a call.

[quote name='deadite76']Anyone else having freezing issues upon startup? The only way I can get it to run is by starting it up and then signing onto Live.[/QUOTE]

nope

Quick question guys. I imported DC1 songs for use in DC2. When DC3 eventually comes out, will I need the import code for DC1 still? I plan on trading in DC1, and I want to know if there is any reason for me to hold on to the disk or manual with the import code. I guess at the very least I should probably just keep the import code...

[quote name='RCS0926']Quick question guys. I imported DC1 songs for use in DC2. When DC3 eventually comes out, will I need the import code for DC1 still? I plan on trading in DC1, and I want to know if there is any reason for me to hold on to the disk or manual with the import code. I guess at the very least I should probably just keep the import code...[/QUOTE]
If we're basing this on Harmonix's past experience with import codes then as long as the Dance Central 1 transfer songs is in your hard drive you won't need that code again.

[quote name='bardockkun']If we're basing this on Harmonix's past experience with import codes then as long as the Dance Central 1 transfer songs is in your hard drive you won't need that code again.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I think it really should be called an "Export Code" since it allows you to export the songs from your older game for use with any newer version of the game. Calling it an "Import Code" creates this confusion because it makes it sound like you might have to get a new import code for each new version (which has never been the case for Rock Band or Guitar Hero stuff).

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Agreed. I think it really should be called an "Export Code" since it allows you to export the songs from your older game for use with any newer version of the game. Calling it an "Import Code" creates this confusion because it makes it sound like you might have to get a new import code for each new version (which has never been the case for Rock Band or Guitar Hero stuff).[/QUOTE]
Export, import you get what I'm saying. The port of your songs should be alright or whatever.

bread's done
Back