Dance Central series - Dance Central Spotlight $10 on Xbox One!

Rihanna 3 pack released - What's My Name, S&M, and Only Girl in the World

Announced during livestream that LMFAO's Party Rock Anthem will be showing up early next year.

Anyone have any suggestions on some must-have songs to pick up? I want to start playing DC more often and would love some more variety.

Personally I find anything with Gaga to be crazy fun. Otherwise Keri Hilson's "Turnin Me On" is in the red on difficulty, but it isn't too hard in all honesty so that's one I'd recommend. Riahnna "Disturbia", Paula Abdul "Straight Up" and Black Eyed Peas "I Got a Feeling" were some of the others I distinctly remember having a good time with as well.

[quote name='bardockkun']Personally I find anything with Gaga to be crazy fun. Otherwise Keri Hilson's "Turnin Me On" is in the red on difficulty, but it isn't too hard in all honesty so that's one I'd recommend. Riahnna "Disturbia", Paula Abdul "Straight Up" and Black Eyed Peas "I Got a Feeling" were some of the others I distinctly remember having a good time with as well.[/QUOTE]

I remember Gaga's songs being fun in DC1 and I do like all of the new songs that they put up for download. Do you know off hand if any of the other Rihanna songs are any fun? I'll definitely be checking out all of these that you recommended. Thank you for the suggestions, I appreciate it!

[quote name='redflare']I remember Gaga's songs being fun in DC1 and I do like all of the new songs that they put up for download. Do you know off hand if any of the other Rihanna songs are any fun? I'll definitely be checking out all of these that you recommended. Thank you for the suggestions, I appreciate it![/QUOTE]
Haven't gotten the Rihanna pack yet, I'm kinda skeptic in a weird way. I Enjoyed "Pon de Replay" and "Disturbia," but I'm still mixed feelings because "Rude Boy" was a bit too simple for me and I still don't know how I feel about her new songs. Though honestly I'll get them eventually it's just I'm still trying to 5 star as many of the songs in DC2 before anything. Just last night I finally "mastered" all of Riptide Crew's songs on hard so that along with Lu$h Crew, everything else (looking at you Sexy Chick and Get Your Freak On) is just a slow uphill battle.

[quote name='eastx']Dance Central 2 Dance*Cam review (An app for WP7, iOS, and Android.)[/QUOTE]

i didn't realize it connected with DC2 at all, so I guess that's something, but it sure sounds pretty awful. Thanks for the review. It saves me a few minutes of download time, but not from the disappointment. Oh well.

[quote name='lordopus99']Newer DLC
Today: C+C Music Factory - Gonna Make You Sweat
Last Week: Busta Rhymes - Don't Touch Me
[/QUOTE]

After watching and playing Don't touch me , I would say it's probably one of the best DLC songs. A very good guy song, which dance central 2 has some problems nailing sometimes. Same feel as the Gnarls barkley "Run" routine

C+C is ok. I used to own the tape. Sorta like a workout class, so I guess it fits the song.

Oh ya.... the DLC songs since the DC2 rountines now have skippable freestyles (i.e. there is a routine behind the freestyle). Any DLC from the DC1 days have non skippable freestyles since no routine is behind it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Truthfully I prefer the once a week DLC releases. True, in the past we had a bundle of usually 3 songs and there was a 50 cent discount usually. However, if we keep getting one a week then we get more songs most likely.

And I can without a doubt say I hate "Get Yo Freak On." I Suck at the timing so bad and best I can get is 4 and a half stars on hard. At this rate I know I'm going to 5 Star Bieber loooong before I get that one done and 4 more songs counting those as well before I 5 star everything on hard for on disc songs. Goddamn Harmonix always knows how to somehow appeal to me and get me by the balls.

I don't know if I've five starred that. However, I am having trouble 5 starring What is love on freaking easy and it's pissing me off so much. It's not like I'm not getting the moves, it's just I can't seem to get many flawless moves while playing it.

I think the biggest difference between DC 1 and DC 2 is that in DC 2 a lot of songs judge you on making the move snap or pop.

Like one of the moves in Like a G6 (fly bird?) I couldn't get flawless, then i realized it was just looking for me to drop my arms to my side fast and completely. It wasn't looking for a flawless execution of the arm twist. Steelto in the same song is similar it looks for some quick upward pushes, rather than perfect execution.

I seen some people talk about how easy DC2 is. I assume those are people with a dance background who were doing all the DC1 song correctly, so being graded harder doesn't make the game any harder for them.

Star wise in Dance Central 2 is all based on how many flawless you get now. Since I was able to beat some of my friend's score on some of the songs, but she was still able to 5 star them before I could.

[quote name='wakawakawa']I think the biggest difference between DC 1 and DC 2 is that in DC 2 a lot of songs judge you on making the move snap or pop.

Like one of the moves in Like a G6 (fly bird?) I couldn't get flawless, then i realized it was just looking for me to drop my arms to my side fast and completely. It wasn't looking for a flawless execution of the arm twist. Steelto in the same song is similar it looks for some quick upward pushes, rather than perfect execution.

I seen some people talk about how easy DC2 is. I assume those are people with a dance background who were doing all the DC1 song correctly, so being graded harder doesn't make the game any harder for them.[/QUOTE]

I think you might be right about that cause I just watched a video of a guy gold starring venus on easy and it seems I might be trying to execute too perfectly it seems.

However, it's just weird because some songs I'm just overall better at. Like Don't touch me now, while not super complicated to begin with, I was able to 5 star at all levels on the first try.

Don't touch me now is an awesome song/routine. I wish they had more like that.

A chubby asian girl on youtube who is a very good dancer, said in general she has to dial it back and keep the move a little stiff to get a flawless.

I have the most issues with songs like Technologic or Satellite that have a lot of exact unique movements. I find the girly songs to be the easiest. A lot of those moves either are the same or very similar to other moves.

So pretty much my favorite songs are the ones I find the hardest, lol.

Right now, What is love, Get Ur Freak On, and Venus are the threes songs keeping me from 3 achievements in mastering Riptide, Flashfoward, and Lush on easy. I guess that's why I get so upset at those songs lol.

*edit* Wore a shirt this time and I don't know if it helped but I did get much closer on all three songs. It's just a matter of time. Maybe I should just stick with my respectable 640 GS in DC2 lol. Those snap moves still mess me up bad.

http://www.dancecentral.com/cee-lo-hits-dance-central-2-february-dlc-lineup-revealed

JANUARY 31
Cee Lo Green – “Forget You”

Difficulty– Simple

DC Choreographer– Devin Woolridge

FEBRUARY 14
Michael Franti & Spearhead – “Say Hey (I Love You)”

Difficulty– Simple

DC Choreographer– Ricardo Foster

FEBRUARY 21
Kelis – “Milkshake”

Difficulty– Tough

DC Choreographer– Marcos Aguirre

FEBRUARY 28
LMFAO ft. Lauren Bennett & GoonRock – “Party Rock Anthem”

Difficulty– Hardcore

DC Choreographer– Torey Nelson

Don't forget, As of January 29th, if you purchase your game at Best Buy you get early access to Party Rock Anthem via code.

*edit*
Still having trouble with some of those snap moves on Venus (smooth snap) and for some reason I can't get a flawless on the move smush even I gotten it on DC1 songs and such. Hip pound is hit and. On What is love, I have trouble with slow pop and pretty much get nice on rest of the moves no matter how hard I try.

I have enough room, kinect is wall mounted at 6 ft, I'm only 5'6, lighting is good but not too much, I've calibrated the kinect via body tracking and the deep calibration with the face placard. I can understand having trouble with Get Ur Freak on easy, but it's trying me batty with the troubles I'm having with Venus and What's Is Love.

Just woke up. And did Venus three times.

Venus (some pointers not sure they will help)

Smooth snap - you alternate rotating body about 25 degrees. Your hands start over your abs then end with a snap

Smush - has a hip drop, first hand goes up and stays up, second hand goes up, both hands drop

Hip pound- has a hip drop, slight alternating body rotation

I will try What is love in little bit.

Dance central 2 unlocks and things

Angel's DC1 Outfit

Enter this code in "Enter Codes" in GamePlay Option - Y, Right, Left, Up, X, X, Down, Y

Miss Aubrey's Dance Central Outfit

Go to the enter cheats section and enter this code, Left, Down, X, X, Down, Right. You should hear a chime and her DC outfit will be unlocked.

Alternate outfits - Get enough stars on each crew challenge (e.g. Get stars on Riptide challenge for Riptide outfits)

Glitterati, unlocked by getting enough stars on Glittarati crew challenge which unlocks after getting stars on the original 4 crew challenges (also unlocks their stage, I think)

CYPH-56 and CYPH-78 (The D-Cypher crew), unlocked by clearing Crew Challenge mode on Easy. (I assume they also unlock on Medium and Hard)

Dr. Tan and CYPH-ELITE (The D-Cypher Elite crew), unlocked by clearing Crew Challenge mode on Medium or Hard. (Also Dr. Tan's Stage)

Gold Jukebox - Get 5 stars on all DC2 songs (can be on easy)

Perform the following to unlock these Avatar Awards, unique outfits related to the game, in this case T-Shirts, that you’re Xbox Live Avatar can wear!

1. Bring It Tee – Play every song in the game in Perform It Mode and you’ll unlock this Avatar Award.
2. Neon Tee – Get a Solo Score of at least 2,000,000 points on a song and you’ll score yourself this Avatar Award.
3. Ribbon Tee – Earn Gold Stars on a single song and you’ll get yourself this Avatar Award as a reward.

You also get Dr.Tan's level if you beat it. Don't know the requirements, but I got it after 23/25 Stars on Hard on the final challenge.

[quote name='Cephiros']Don't forget, As of January 29th, if you purchase your game at Best Buy you get early access to Party Rock Anthem via code.
[/QUOTE]

wonder if the code is sitting around like the codes for Control when dc1 came out, my bb had tons just sitting there for anyone to take

I checked out Best Buy in Clackamas, OR. No Party Rock DLC code fliers like control. Asked an employee and the system didn't have an addon for the code at the register either.

I wonder if the early access is only for like a week before release or so.

On a side note, I got one of those tv mounts for kinect just to see if it would help, put it on, calibrated the knect fully, played venus first gold star, and then 5 starred what is love. Having it wall mounted at 6 feet, with my height at 5'6 and weight of 270 (which I'm trying to lose) wasn't tracking well enough for those moves

Looks like it really is early access.

[youtube]uC6I5WAMCy8[/youtube]

I got my first gold stars yesterday. On the easiest track in the game and on Easy difficulty. That being Poker Face from DC1, but still it's something. :) I played it in DC2 with the imported tracks. Then found that Medium difficulty wasn't much harder. Got 5 stars on it, and then again on Hard difficulty.

Party rock looks pretty hard. Has pretty much all unique moves. Brush tap is the only one I recognized and that version may be unique even.

I Got Cee Lo today finally and it's not bad. The crying/tantrum moves are hilariously awesome and I'm always 2 or 3 Flawless' away from goddamn 5 starring Yeah! on hard.

If you purchased DC2 at Best Buy prior to 1/29/2012, you can get Party Rock Anthem for $3 if you have your receipt or credit/debit card used to make the purchase. I did not have either since I didn't have the receipt and I used a giftcard to make my purchase but the guy still let me buy it.

I've edited the wiki, added DC2 reviews, added the DC2 on disc songs, have all the DLC up there now. Let me know how it looks and if you have any advice what to add/change.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Got Cee Lo today finally and it's not bad. The crying/tantrum moves are hilariously awesome and I'm always 2 or 3 Flawless' away from goddamn 5 starring Yeah! on hard.[/QUOTE]

I looked at the routine and thought it was ok. I bought it and after playing it on medium I have to say it's a pretty fun routine.

I kinda expect DLC to be better than the average song so I think the best ones are Forget you, Don't touch me, and I got a feeling. The detection in all these songs is pretty good as well.

The way I are looks pretty good, but it's a little too hard for me. A lot of the other songs are ok and some have pretty tough detection. Weapon of choice is probably one of the worst detection wise. Poker-face easy style routine, but detection makes the song pretty frustrating. If your TV has any lag I don't see how you could ever get a flawless on that song.

[quote name='wakawakawa']I looked at the routine and thought it was ok. I bought it and after playing it on medium I have to say it's a pretty fun routine.

I kinda expect DLC to be better than the average song so I think the best ones are Forget you, Don't touch me, and I got a feeling. The detection in all these songs is pretty good as well.

The way I are looks pretty good, but it's a little too hard for me. A lot of the other songs are ok and some have pretty tough detection. Weapon of choice is probably one of the worst detection wise. Poker-face easy style routine, but detection makes the song pretty frustrating. If your TV has any lag I don't see how you could ever get a flawless on that song.[/QUOTE]

The way I are is hard, even on easy I don't think I've 5 starred it. Poker face I've gold starred on easy and hard but that was in DC1. I can do really well but I've yet to gold star Come on ride the train in either DC1/DC2.

Since I placed my kinect on top of the tv, I've now mastered riptide, flash foward, lu$h crew on easy, so close on Hi-Def, just need to practice that justin bieber song *shudder* and then work on Glitterati's stuff.

According to this blog post

10,000 installs of the Facebook App - Unlocks Ninja Playable Crew (App requires gamertag and account linking code from in game options>account-linking code)
100 million combine stars in the community - Unlocks preview guy/girl crew (We're at 80 million stars when they posted this yesterday)
140 million calories - Emelia's old outfit from DC1, probably the gym one. (Community is at 94 million calories burned)
140,000 photo uploads to kinectshare.com - Unlock old DC1 outfit for Taye (Community at 90,000 so far)

[quote name='wakawakawa']I looked at the routine and thought it was ok. I bought it and after playing it on medium I have to say it's a pretty fun routine.

The way I are looks pretty good, but it's a little too hard for me. A lot of the other songs are ok and some have pretty tough detection. Weapon of choice is probably one of the worst detection wise. Poker-face easy style routine, but detection makes the song pretty frustrating. If your TV has any lag I don't see how you could ever get a flawless on that song.[/QUOTE]
The Way I Are is tough, but it's pretty short like I dare say the song has been widdled down to two minutes. Plus it has alot of subtle movements you literally will not get on the first few times of doing Break It Down and the timing on the last moves of it on hard (the cross stomp point) is kinda off rhythm to the song. Though once you get it the song becomes crazy fun. It took me about...5 days of practicing the song on hard to 5 star it. Then again I'm stupid and stubborn and start on hard and not work my way up.

Also songs with off beat timing that throws me off or just shoddy detection in my opinion personally seem to be We Run This, Lean Wit It (Rock Wit It), and maybe two others. Oh, but Ne-Yo's "Because of You" is fun, but it feels like some of the moves you have to be almost pinpoint precise to nail. Like the feet shuffling during the chorus is a killer.

Can't believe after all the troubles I had, it just required placement on top of my tv. Finished up mastering Hi-Def and Glitterati on easy and finally got my gold boombox.

[quote name='Cephiros']Can't believe after all the troubles I had, it just required placement on top of my tv. Finished up mastering Hi-Def and Glitterati on easy and finally got my gold boombox.[/QUOTE]

How do you get the gold boombox?

This has a lot of little unlockables apparently.

[quote name='wakawakawa']How do you get the gold boombox?

This has a lot of little unlockables apparently.[/QUOTE]

5 star every DC2 disc song on any difficulty. For me, I did it on easy first.

If you use 400 points to download the Dance Central 1 songs onto the Dance Central 2, can you still play with 2 players? And are the moves still the same?

I'm 40 points short of 400. I had 800 points last night, but had used 440 to buy the Lady Gaga package (terrible moves by the way), and I'm regretting it immensely now.

I'm new to this whole XBL points thing, so how do I go about optaining just 40 more points? Thanks.

[quote name='Investor']If you use 400 points to download the Dance Central 1 songs onto the Dance Central 2, can you still play with 2 players? And are the moves still the same?

I'm 40 points short of 400. I had 800 points last night, but had used 440 to buy the Lady Gaga package (terrible moves by the way), and I'm regretting it immensely now.

I'm new to this whole XBL points thing, so how do I go about optaining just 40 more points? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You won't be able to get just 40 Points. You'll need to buy a larger amount and have some leftover points. Don't worry; it won't hurt anything to have some extra points laying around.

And yes, imported songs in DC2 support multiplayer. The second player's moves are identical to first player's.

Just to confirm since there was a little confusion, I unlocked Dr. Tan and Cypher Elite after finishing up the "storyline" on medium.

Wow, that thread has been quiet for awhile. So those who still play, what do you think of the new DLC so far.

I really like Party Rock Anthem, still working on gold starring it on medium before i move up to hard. Forget you gold star still eludes me on hard. Yeah 3x is pretty fun.

I've 5 starred basically every DC2 DLC song on hard minus "Say Hey (I Love You)" merely because I hate that song. I Have problems pulling the trigger on Chris Brown though and I think on disc song wise I only just have two songs left I got to 5 star on hard before I get that achievement (Bieber and Missy Elliot).

Also on "You're a Jerk" does anyone else have problems on the Reject King move? Best I can get is a barely nice on that. I've tried nearly every motion to get a flawless on it, but I've yet to once.

I haven't been focusing on getting the last 10 achievements. I mainly use DC for exercise and I have my favorite and such. I've been working on gold starring up the chain from easy to hard on songs to be better overall.

My friend constantly competes with me so I have no choice, but to try and go for points because of my own stupid pride. Sadly she's a female and she does better on majority of the guy songs, while I do pretty damn good on the chick songs. Apparently I do the wind motion moves very well...

I finally gold starred Forget You on hard. For some reason the pound walk doesn't want to go flawless for me. I can only get flawless on it in break it down really slow. I got it on the finishing move.

APRIL 10
Yolanda Be Cool & DCUP – “We No Speak Americano”
Difficulty – Hardcore
DC Choreographer – Ricardo Foster Jr.

APRIL 17
Kelly Rowland ft. David Guetta – “Commander”
Difficulty – Hardcore
DC Choreographer – Marcos Aguirre

APRIL 24
Pitbull ft. Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer – “Give Me Everything”
Difficulty – Tough
DC Choreographer – Frenchy Hernandez

Damn We No Speak Americano whooped my ass. It starts off simple and then jumps into sudden movements. After playing it 4 times, I finally got the hang of it (no gold stars though).

I usually try for gold stars on all levels, It's how I prefer before I move to the hard routine but that one antelope move i think I can seem to get right at all.

Also, I've been editing the wiki page. Do you think DLC should be listed newest first, so April -> Jan or how I have it currently Jan -> Apr.

bread's done
Back