Dang Gum! Mizzari Has The New Nintendo Playstation!

TheSmokingPun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
PS3.jpg

Hmm PS3 fans, you can tell who's winning the War

I saw a two stacks of 360's that looked just like that, one with the premiums and one with the cores. That MUST mean they are losing the console war. :roll:

[quote name='whoknows']I saw a two stacks of 360's that looked just like that, one with the premiums and one with the cores. That MUST mean they are losing the console war. :roll:[/QUOTE]

To be fair, 360 has been out for over a year and has sold 8 Million systems. PS3 has not. 360 has little to no demand at the moment, PS3 still SHOULD have some demand to it.

Anyone see any GameCubes? Do they still make those?

[quote name='gizmogc']To be fair, 360 has been out for over a year and has sold 8 Million systems. PS3 has not. 360 has little to no demand at the moment, PS3 still SHOULD have some demand to it.

Anyone see any GameCubes? Do they still make those?[/QUOTE]
True

And I haven't seen a GC in the longest time...not that I've been looking for one.

This thread is incredibly stupid. Your title implies 1 store, and look, they have Playstation 3, so they lose!

In order to be sold, they have to be in a store.

To entertain you, what store was that? Independence? I'll go there tomorrow and report back how many are left.

Im not sure about other stores, but we have had about 10 PS3 systems sitting in the back room of my store since the day after christmas... I believe we have sold a total of one since then.

PS3 = $500-$600. % of people who can afford a $600 console in Missouri = low. Population in Missouri = low. % of people who can afford $600 console in California = high. Population in California = high.

.: your pictures = representative of an extremely small slice of the socioeconomic pie. But thanks for sharing.

That picture is not accurate due to demographics. Here in the metropolitan area (Bay Area) PS3s are still selling out fast. I have yet to see a store with PS3s in stock as of 12/30/2006.

Well it was advertised that they'd have 25 60GBs in stock, meaning people know that the PS3 is there today. It also means that the amount of knee jerk buyers will probably me minimal. I plan on bopping in and checking tommorrow to see if they still have any.

Well, by your philosophy, the Wii must also be failing.

I have a friend who's walked into Gamestop twice and saw multiple Wii consoles sitting in there, but no PS3s.

So Sony is obviously beating Nintendo now.

PS3s are hard to come by in metroplitan areas.
I'm sure because of the money thing.

I finally saw one 20GB in stock at a store yesterday, I was amazed.

Everyone wants a Wii though, it's a good secondary system ala GC.

Gamecube is winning. Last time I went shopping, they had tons of PS3s and 360s. But they were all out of Gamecubes. (This is WalMart).

[quote name='naes']Gamecube is winning. Last time I went shopping, they had tons of PS3s and 360s. But they were all out of Gamecubes. (This is WalMart).[/quote]

Man you're right, all hail the cube.

[quote name='naes']Gamecube is winning. Last time I went shopping, they had tons of PS3s and 360s. But they were all out of Gamecubes. (This is WalMart).[/QUOTE]
DS Lite is winning, OOS almost everywhere.

[quote name='getmyrunon']PS3 = $500-$600. % of people who can afford a $600 console in Missouri = low. Population in Missouri = low. % of people who can afford $600 console in California = high. Population in California = high.

.: your pictures = representative of an extremely small slice of the socioeconomic pie. But thanks for sharing.[/QUOTE]

haha, well said

[quote name='CounterSeal']Because GC's aren't being made anymore.[/quote]

Most of us know that.

Consumers have sucked Nintendo's resources so much they had to stop production!

GC is the clear winner!

I went to a few Best Buy and Gamestop/EB Games today.

When I asked at Best Buy if they had any Wii, the employees said, no, but then said they have many Playstation 3 and asked if I wanted one.

The EB Games / Gamestop stores I went to (that weren't in the mall) had a note on the door that said they had plenty of Playstation 3 60GB.

[quote name='b3b0p']I went to a few Best Buy and Gamestop/EB Games today.

When I asked at Best Buy if they had any Wii, the employees said, no, but then said they have many Playstation 3 and asked if I wanted one.

The EB Games / Gamestop stores I went to (that weren't in the mall) had a note on the door that said they had plenty of Playstation 3 60GB.[/quote]

We're past that dude.
Did you see any Gamecubes?

The item that is winning is the PLAYSTATION 2. Yes PS2 i have no idea but they are selling like ds. ON black friday all the ps2 systems where gone. I even called a store for ps3 in decemeber a week before christmas and she heard me wrong and said we don't have any playstation 2 systems and we don't have any nintendo

[quote name='panasonic']The item that is winning is the PLAYSTATION 2. Yes PS2 i have no idea but they are selling like ds. ON black friday all the ps2 systems where gone. I even called a store for ps3 in decemeber a week before christmas and she heard me wrong and said we don't have any playstation 2 systems and we don't have any nintendo[/QUOTE]
Yeah, PS2 is still winning the next gen console war that it isn't even a part of which is kind of sad, but its still really impressive.

[quote name='dallow']We're past that dude.
Did you see any Gamecubes?[/QUOTE]
Why are you so offended that people are pointing out that ps3's aren't hard to find?

We've had a lot of unopened returned PS3s since christmas at my Best Buy. It's obvious that these people just bought them to sell them, and since they're not worth dick anymore, they just return them.

And yes, we have had PS3's in stock. They just came out in today's ad so we had to hold them aside for the past few days. (just like all other Best Buys) So yeah, if you stopped by the store in the morning they had a good supply for that reason. But beyond that, they're honestly not that hard to come by anymore. The Wii on the otherhand is next to impossible to get. We've been putting them out on the floor as soon as we get them in stock and...well, I don't think I've seen a shipment sell out in more than five minutes. It's amazing how people are just buying them on impulse.

I'd have to say that the clear winner for console sales through the holidays at our store was the Nintendo DS. We had far more requests for it than either the Wii or the PS3. Oh, and the 360 sold exceedingly better than I predicted. (and just about every one left with Gears of War)

[quote name='billyG']Why are you so offended that people are pointing out that ps3's aren't hard to find?[/quote]
What offends me is that this is a pure troll-bait thread.

fuck, I don't give a shit if people see PS3s in their stores, I've even posted that I've seen one in a store.

The Wii is super hot, it's a great price for a cool system.

While I've read scattered reports of PS3s on shelves before, in the last day or two is the first time I've seen many people say it, and I think it's a combination of eBayers returning them and stores holding on to the systems for release around New Year's. If stock remains high in a week or two, that's when you have to start wondering. Although Sony did say that they had resolved their manufacturing problems, so maybe they simply are shipping them in much greater quantities, too. (Ironic that actually having product available to sell is seen as a weakness. No wonder companies sometimes artificially create shortages.)

[quote name='getmyrunon']PS3 = $500-$600. % of people who can afford a $600 console in Missouri = low. Population in Missouri = low. % of people who can afford $600 console in California = high. Population in California = high.

.: your pictures = representative of an extremely small slice of the socioeconomic pie. But thanks for sharing.[/quote]

This might be the stupidest comment i have ever read

[quote name='Brak']One Best Buy in Blue Springs, Missouri = TEH WORLD~[/quote]

If you people that keep making posts like this would look around the rest of the topics on this site, you would see it is not just 1 store that is like this.

It's amazing how blind some people are to what is actually going on with this system right now. That isn't to say it won't change once more games start coming out though.

[quote name='dallow']We're past that dude.
Did you see any Gamecubes?[/quote]
Yes, at just about every Wal-Mart, Target that I went to, they had Gamecubes in the case.

I was just replying from the OP and pointing out, from my own experience yesterday, that PS3 systems appeared to be plentiful in stores at actual retail prices with no bundle.

[quote name='b3b0p']Yes, at just about every Wal-Mart, Target that I went to, they had Gamecubes in the case.

I was just replying from the OP and pointing out, from my own experience yesterday, that PS3 systems appeared to be plentiful in stores at actual retail prices with no bundle.[/quote]
Wow, I was under the impression you couldn't find any new GC's anymore.
Everyone's stopped carrying them around here.

Realize that no one cares what the OP has seen, or you for that matter.

(this is a gamecube board)

WOW, I just read a press release and due to this post Sony has decided to quit and throw in the towell. Damn you OP. I also heard they are no longer going to release games for the system. What am i going to do, nooooooooooooooo.

p.s.
get a clue

It was the Independence Best Buy.

They are all still there except for 3 of them. Also, they have all of their Sixaxis controllers except 3 that sold, so they got a full rack of those.

And it isnt demographics, cause when the 360 came out, that Best Buy was constantly sold out and didnt have them sitting that long on the floor until March. Not everyone is poor in a city this big you know, I dont live in the boondocks.

[quote name='schuerm26']If you people that keep making posts like this would look around the rest of the topics on this site, you would see it is not just 1 store that is like this.

It's amazing how blind some people are to what is actually going on with this system right now. That isn't to say it won't change once more games start coming out though.[/QUOTE]
Well, let's see... I live in a fairly bustling city. My local Best Buy can't seem to hold stock when their PS3s are replenished, and they sell out almost instantaneously.

So, if I grace this fact with your logic:

My local Best Buy = TEH WORLD~1, and the PS3 is a global success!

Right?

Didn't think so.

In my opinion, the PS3 just isnt doing well because they alienated their fanbase with the cocky attitude going into this war, and it's hurt them bad.

People dont want the PS3, the price is way too high for most people, but the Wii is affordable, so they will go for that.

Yes, the PS3 does have some great graphics, dont get me wrong, but is it better than the 360? No, most games arent that good looking on the PS3.

The only reason for me to buy a PS3 would be Resistance right now, and a $60 game on a $600 system is not enough to justify a purchase

It's not just one store, it's many. Best Buy yesterday I think was giving out tickets for a chance to buy a PS3. I don't see why they need to, they have a dozen at a lot of stores it seems. Time for a price drop Sony, or many a good game?

[quote name='Brak']Well, let's see... I live in a fairly bustling city. My local Best Buy can't seem to hold stock when their PS3s are replenished, and they sell out almost instantaneously.

So, if I grace this fact with your logic:

My local Best Buy = TEH WORLD~1, and the PS3 is a global success!

Right?

Didn't think so.[/quote]

That isn't even close to the logic I was using nor even close to what i posted. What I said is, if you will read other posts around this site, you will see that it ISN'T only this 1 store that the OP posted about. PS3's are readily available wherever you go at many stores, NOT just at the one originally posted.

If you are going to make a post at least try to understand what other people are saying first. Thanks.

[quote name='OzCatter']In my opinion, the PS3 just isnt doing well because they alienated their fanbase with the cocky attitude going into this war, and it's hurt them bad.

People dont want the PS3, the price is way too high for most people, but the Wii is affordable, so they will go for that.

Yes, the PS3 does have some great graphics, dont get me wrong, but is it better than the 360? No, most games arent that good looking on the PS3.

The only reason for me to buy a PS3 would be Resistance right now, and a $60 game on a $600 system is not enough to justify a purchase[/quote]
That's cool.
It's worth it for a lot of people, especially having a BD player for so cheap.
Sales for PS3 are pretty good, Sony is fine.

Wii is selling hot, but shit, for $250, it'd better be.
For me, luckily, that's a pricepoint I don't even have to think about, so I jumped at the chance of buying one.

I had to think about the PS3 and plan. Still got it though.

Yeah, but Blu Ray and HD DVD will fail because of the simple point of people arent ready to update their just now up to date DVD collection from their VHS collections. We just had a switch from one format to the other, it's not near time for another yet

[quote name='schuerm26']This might be the stupidest comment i have ever read[/QUOTE]

And why is that? Because the truth hurts?

Easy way to tell if they are 'ebay' returns is if the Talledega Nights Free sticker is on the box. If it IS, its a return. If it isn't, its a new shipment.

All my local stores still have 2-30 PS3s left (BB, Target, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Gamestop, etc.)

[quote name='OzCatter']Yeah, but Blu Ray and HD DVD will fail because of the simple point of people arent ready to update their just now up to date DVD collection from their VHS collections. We just had a switch from one format to the other, it's not near time for another yet[/quote]

OH MY GOSH!!!
Now I know you're an idiot. I only assumed it after your original post.

[quote name='dallow']OH MY GOSH!!!
Now I know you're an idiot. I only assumed it after your original post.[/quote]

I'm an idiot for stating the obvious? Maybe you need to look at most of the people that own a huge DVD collection, they arent going to update anytime soon. Not everyone is electronic junkies like us.

bread's done
Back