Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
Currently in stock at Gamestop.com. Online only.

PS3

Xbox 360

Collectors Editions are presently in shortage at both online and b&m stores. Your best options for grabbing a CE:

You can try calling Gamestop, Walmart, or BestBuy and see if they have any extras beyond the pre-order batch. Make sure to see if they are doing a midnight launch. If not, go first thing in the morning

Stores that will NOT have CEs at all:

Target - $10 gift card with purchase
K-Mart/Sears - $20 gamer coupon with purchase
Newegg - Confirmed to be shipping out regular editions but is giving a $20 coupon in compensation

ATTN AMAZON BUYERS:
If you had preordered with release day shipping but the expected delivery date is anything later than 10/4/11, it would be in your best interest to contact Amazon CS and complain :p

While supplies last
- receive a FREE upgrade to the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls when you pre-order the Standard Edition at no extra cost.

Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed metal case with protective sleeve, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a mini-strategy guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011

*The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.
SOURCE:

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

DarkSouls_LimitedEdition_PS3.jpg

Amazon Bonus Offer:

Pre-order Dark Souls and trade-in any video game between September 22nd and October 3rd, and get a $5.00 gift card.

NOTE: Both PS3 CE and 360 CE lately show as out of stock

NOTE2: The product info for both CE and regular pages almost look the same

PS3 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZQJO

PS3 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5EO

Xbox360 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZR4I

Xbox360 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5DU

Last edited by a moderator:
Demon Souls was one of the biggest disappointments of the year for me. Considering how fast it dropped, too, I'll be waiting for this one.

On the plus side, the free upgrade is a great incentive to go along with the default preorder benefit of being the smuggest gamer in the room

[quote name='croqoa']So your friends disgust you? Or all 360 players disgust you? Seems like a weird thing to get disgusted by, especially since 95% of shooters come out on both platforms and two recent PS3 exclusives were both shooters.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much anyone thats thinks only shooters are worth playing disgust me. Fortunately there are other areas of interest where my friends' lack of tastes aren't so apparent.

Also PS3 getting bogged down with exclusives doesn't bother me as Ar Tonelico & a flood on RPGs will soon come to it as well. Besides, I'd care about SOCOM 4 if it were back to 1 & 2's classic tactical gameplay instead of being CoD in third person, if I wanted a hollywood movie I'd watch one.

Ill most definitely preorder once the CE is listed. I dont trust the retailer to 'upgrade' the order even if they are the same price though.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Pretty much anyone thats thinks only shooters are worth playing disgust me. Fortunately there are other areas of interest where my friends' lack of tastes aren't so apparent.

Also PS3 getting bogged down with exclusives doesn't bother me as Ar Tonelico & a flood on RPGs will soon come to it as well. Besides, I'd care about SOCOM 4 if it were back to 1 & 2's classic tactical gameplay instead of being CoD in third person, if I wanted a hollywood movie I'd watch one.[/QUOTE]

Uncharted is pretty much a Hollywood movie >:[

I think much like all of the other LE's that have come out *see Medal of Honor* The first print will all be CE after those run out anyone who wants the CE will be SOL.

[quote name='bjstucker']I think much like all of the other LE's that have come out *see Medal of Honor* The first print will all be CE after those run out anyone who wants the CE will be SOL.[/QUOTE]

Think this is a little different because of the Steelbox, artbook, and mini guide. All of the "free" upgrades were just head start perks or maps that are already on the disc. Looking at it on Amazon and it doesn't see the free upgrade. Guess I missed out.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Demon Souls was one of the biggest disappointments of the year for me. Considering how fast it dropped, too, I'll be waiting for this one.

On the plus side, the free upgrade is a great incentive to go along with the default preorder benefit of being the smuggest gamer in the room[/QUOTE]

Another stamp of disapproval from CAG's greatest contrarian, RollingSkull!

I didn't know they are making this for 360 as well. With all that bonus, I guess I will drop $60 for it.

What's probably going to happen is I get frustrated by how hard it is after several hours. Then i just leave it on my shelf gathering dust.

[quote name='Vinny']Now these are the types of special edition I support. Some actual, physical bonuses rather than some DLC bullshit[/QUOTE]

Psst (everyone else reading this thread): Don't tell Vinny about the soundtrack.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Demon Souls was one of the biggest disappointments of the year for me. Considering how fast it dropped, too, I'll be waiting for this one.

On the plus side, the free upgrade is a great incentive to go along with the default preorder benefit of being the smuggest gamer in the room[/QUOTE]

Wait, it makes you smug to like good games now? You don't even have to act elitist? I wonder how you got this way then, i'm guessing you liked good games at some point.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Anyone know when this is coming out?[/QUOTE]

October, not sure if a date has been confirmed yet.

Preordered, also updated the picture.
Also people are actually complaining about this, you get a free CE for retail price!

Question for the people getting in on this deal: if Amazon has a $10/15 GC with preorder 2-3 weeks before release, are you going to cancel and reorder the standard edition?

Or would the GC just be applied to this order?

I'm waiting on my LA Noire so that way I can use my 15 credit from that on this. Hopefully by then Amazon reflects the site to show the free upgrade to the CE for preorders.

Very interested, but I wonder if it will happen the same as it seem to happen with Dragon Age 2 and the limited version.

I played the first game and it was pretty excellent IMO.

Pre-ordered. The only thing I'm concerned is that there's no information about this "upgrade" on Amazon.

[quote name='bic']so is this still on?

how will we know if the CE run out?[/QUOTE]

anyone..?

This seems a little unorganized.

[quote name='bic']anyone..?

This seems a little unorganized.[/QUOTE]

"is it still on"? Seriously? This was posted less than twelve hours ago... it's a pre-order bonus for all copies of the game bought before the end of the year when it releases.

The OP is clear about everything you've asked. No reason to think this will be very limited, the distribution for this vs demons souls is night and day.

[quote name='bic']anyone..?

This seems a little unorganized.[/QUOTE]

We won't. It could be a case of the first print (ala EA's limited editions) or it could be a regular limited edition. We don't know right now.

I can only cite Namco Bandi's previous ventures into limited edition games but for now think of it as something like Soul Calibur IV. It was limited and kind of hard to get but not rare (currently goes for roughly its original MSRP).

E: The above post is also correct. There's no reason to expect that if you place an order today, tomorrow, next month, or the day before release that you won't get the limited edition (unless it is explicitly stated ala Dragon Age II's Signature Edition/getting sold out on Amazon).

Either way... I'm in for 2.

Loved Demon Souls... bought day 1 & had the deluxe edition. Amazing game, well worth the $69.99 I paid for it. Not only am I drooling over the fact that it's getting a 2nd game but that the deluxe edition on this one looks equally as amazing and now for only $57.99!

This is an excellent deal! THANKS OP!

[quote name='supershammy']Another stamp of disapproval from CAG's greatest contrarian, RollingSkull![/QUOTE]

I'm only great for disliking the games you like. Again, nobody ever pays attention to games I praise. I think Yahtzee said something about that sometime after he became a waste of bandwidth.

Wait, it makes you smug to like good games now? You don't even have to act elitist? I wonder how you got this way then, i'm guessing you liked good games at some point.
No, it makes you smug to strut this game as your 'hardcore' bona fides while you deride those "shooter" lovers, those casuals. Of course, smug can ALSO mean 'disagreeing with me' and apparently we both tend to enjoy THAT definition of it.

Still, good's in the eye of the beholder.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Still, good's in the eye of the beholder.[/QUOTE]

To an extent. Good is good, after all. Perhaps Demon's Souls was a little too demanding of your time for you to enjoy it. That's all well and good, but it doesn't mean you can simply disregard the game's many qualities. It's an excellent game by any definition.

I used to hate it back when I was employed and busy... then I became unemployed/not busy and started to really enjoy the game. If you have the time to invest then DS becomes a masterpiece.

It seems extremely unlikely that this'll be rare...

First, everybody remembers or will find out how rare Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition was and thin this will be rare too and a ton of people will preorder.

Second, once they see the huge number of preorders, they'll likely just print enough copies to satisfy demand and also build a small cushion as a safety net (for exchanges, or mistakes in preorder sales).

[quote name='Vinny']It seems extremely unlikely that this'll be rare...

First, everybody remembers or will find out how rare Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition was and thin this will be rare too and a ton of people will preorder.

Second, once they see the huge number of preorders, they'll likely just print enough copies to satisfy demand and also build a small cushion as a safety net (for exchanges, or mistakes in preorder sales).[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Probably like DA2 signature. Hyper-inflated prices for a week or two until everyone realizes that it's not rare.

[quote name='dudejeff22']To an extent. Good is good, after all. Perhaps Demon's Souls was a little too demanding of your time for you to enjoy it. That's all well and good, but it doesn't mean you can simply disregard the game's many qualities. It's an excellent game by any definition.

I used to hate it back when I was employed and busy... then I became unemployed/not busy and started to really enjoy the game. If you have the time to invest then DS becomes a masterpiece.[/QUOTE]

It's a solid game with a lot of good stuff going for it, but it has too many problems and misses the boat on a lot of stuff it could have done for me to call it anything approaching a masterpiece. Still, the niche of gameplay it carves out for itself is unique for the field, and kind of surprising and saddening that so few other games have attempted anything of its specific scale or style. Both of which could be emulated by many games and improved upon by many others.

But you absolutely cannot hold a discussion over individual facets of Demon Souls. The well is poisoned by the framing of every single facet of design, without fail, against the players' "hardcore" bona fides or the game's difficulty. I've had more fruitful discussions on POLITICS.

i read on kotaku that the soundtrack comes in a downloadable brochure not in a disc ( contrary to what the picture shows ) Doe anyone know more about this that might help clear the issue

[quote name='fujimitsu']"is it still on"? Seriously? This was posted less than twelve hours ago... it's a pre-order bonus for all copies of the game bought before the end of the year when it releases.

The OP is clear about everything you've asked. No reason to think this will be very limited, the distribution for this vs demons souls is night and day.[/QUOTE]

Incase you havent noticed, there is nothing on amazon that states the CE bonus with a purchase.

Pretty sure what i asked was normal fair considering what we're see'ing on amazon.

Lose the smug attitude, son.

[quote name='bic']Incase you havent noticed, there is nothing on amazon that states the CE bonus with a purchase.
[/QUOTE]

What more do you want? Amazon didn't update it instantly... they never do. It's confirmed by the developers and the publisher. Worst case you have 6+ months to cancel if it doesn't show up.

[quote name='bic']
Pretty sure what i asked was normal fair considering what we're see'ing on amazon.

Lose the smug attitude, son.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I just hate that 90% of the posts on this board are unnecessary like this. 10% of the users spend 90% of their posts answering stupid questions. Makes it hard to find useful information in the sea of "HOW DO I WIPE MY OWN ASS?".

bread's done
Back