Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
Currently in stock at Gamestop.com. Online only.

PS3

Xbox 360

Collectors Editions are presently in shortage at both online and b&m stores. Your best options for grabbing a CE:

You can try calling Gamestop, Walmart, or BestBuy and see if they have any extras beyond the pre-order batch. Make sure to see if they are doing a midnight launch. If not, go first thing in the morning

Stores that will NOT have CEs at all:

Target - $10 gift card with purchase
K-Mart/Sears - $20 gamer coupon with purchase
Newegg - Confirmed to be shipping out regular editions but is giving a $20 coupon in compensation

ATTN AMAZON BUYERS:
If you had preordered with release day shipping but the expected delivery date is anything later than 10/4/11, it would be in your best interest to contact Amazon CS and complain :p

While supplies last
- receive a FREE upgrade to the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls when you pre-order the Standard Edition at no extra cost.

Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed metal case with protective sleeve, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a mini-strategy guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011

*The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.
SOURCE:

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

DarkSouls_LimitedEdition_PS3.jpg

Amazon Bonus Offer:

Pre-order Dark Souls and trade-in any video game between September 22nd and October 3rd, and get a $5.00 gift card.

NOTE: Both PS3 CE and 360 CE lately show as out of stock

NOTE2: The product info for both CE and regular pages almost look the same

PS3 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZQJO

PS3 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5EO

Xbox360 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZR4I

Xbox360 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5DU

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fujimitsu']What more do you want? Amazon didn't update it instantly... they never do. It's confirmed by the developers and the publisher. Worst case you have 6+ months to cancel if it doesn't show up.
[/QUOTE]

Instantly? No, i wasnt expecting an instant update.

However, Its been 12 hours sinnce the annoucenment, like you said. :roll:

Sorry I just hate that 90% of the posts on this board are unnecessary like this. 10% of the users spend 90% of their posts answering stupid questions. Makes it hard to find useful information in the sea of "HOW DO I WIPE MY OWN ASS?".

Oh, im sorry, wasnt aware you owned the place. I'll be sure to walk on eggshells the next time im uncertain about something.

...the hell up kid.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Is this at retailers too? I might throw down a PS3 copy through Amazon, then one for 360 instore if so.[/QUOTE]

It reads like it would be everywhere that accepts pre-orders, but most places won't even take them yet for this game.

[quote name='Mcast']i read on kotaku that the soundtrack comes in a downloadable brochure not in a disc ( contrary to what the picture shows ) Doe anyone know more about this that might help clear the issue[/QUOTE]

do you want us to wipe your ass too? :applause:

(sarcasm,fyi)

Its my understanding that the soundtrack is digital..

there is no disc AFAIK

[quote name='RedvsBlue']This has me interested but the absolute glee the developers seem to be having in making the difficulty controller-throwingly worthy makes me glad the NES days are over. I enjoy being crappy at video games, why do they have to take that away from me?[/QUOTE]

THIS....to a point. I don't stink at games, but I enjoy them more when I set it to the easy difficulty and just do what I want

[quote name='chunlirocks']Now the big question:

Which CE version will be rarer ? 360 or PS3 ?[/QUOTE]

No one has any way to really know this for sure. I see no reason why either would be rare however, time will tell.

[quote name='Marauder7']Think this is a little different because of the Steelbox, artbook, and mini guide. All of the "free" upgrades were just head start perks or maps that are already on the disc. Looking at it on Amazon and it doesn't see the free upgrade. Guess I missed out.[/QUOTE]

I am guessing you haven't seen how Amazon didn't run out of the soundtrack and artbook until x-mas time last year. I am willing to put money on being able to go to stores a week after release and still find this "CE" edition:roll:

The apparently official site is preparetodie.com. There's a puzzle on the page with highlighting the glyphs. Apparently it needs to be done in a certain order.

Anyway that website also says that the behind the scenes video that comes with the CE is downloadable :cry:

[quote name='RollingSkull']I'm only great for disliking the games you like. Again, nobody ever pays attention to games I praise. I think Yahtzee said something about that sometime after he became a waste of bandwidth.

No, it makes you smug to strut this game as your 'hardcore' bona fides while you deride those "shooter" lovers, those casuals. Of course, smug can ALSO mean 'disagreeing with me' and apparently we both tend to enjoy THAT definition of it.

Still, good's in the eye of the beholder.[/QUOTE]

Maybe i missed all the posts you're referring to, but you seem pretty upset considering we are talking about a game you claim to not be interested in.

[quote name='bjstucker']I am guessing you haven't seen how Amazon didn't run out of the soundtrack and artbook until x-mas time last year. I am willing to put money on being able to go to stores a week after release and still find this "CE" edition:roll:[/QUOTE]

That wasn't the CE you got, it was just an extra that came with some copies of the GH release of DS. The CE was awesome.

[quote name='Schade']God help you if you try and play something like Demon Souls after a bottle of wine...[/QUOTE]
Oh Lord, can you imagine logging in the next day to a Nexus full of angry NPCs chasing you up and down the staircases and wondering what the hell happened? :lol:

[quote name='cheesebu']That wasn't the CE you got, it was just an extra that came with some copies of the GH release of DS. The CE was awesome.[/QUOTE]

LOL I know I have 2 copies of it. I was speaking of the pre-order stuff it took until this past X-mas for Amazon get rid of.

Don't get me wrong I pre-ordered this I just think it will not be as limited as everyone is thinking.

[quote name='atomicmouse']why is the date december 31 on amazon? It comes out october 11[/QUOTE]
Placeholder release date, Amazon still needs to update.

[quote name='fujimitsu']What more do you want? Amazon didn't update it instantly... they never do. It's confirmed by the developers and the publisher. Worst case you have 6+ months to cancel if it doesn't show up.

Sorry I just hate that 90% of the posts on this board are unnecessary like this. 10% of the users spend 90% of their posts answering stupid questions. Makes it hard to find useful information in the sea of "HOW DO I WIPE MY OWN ASS?".[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more , too many folks feel entitled here...

Was always planning on pre-ordering this, but was waiting to see if there was a CE announcement. I'm glad they're doing it the same way Demon's Souls did. I still have the US and UK CEs for Demon's Souls.

I played DS on day one, then picked it up again a year later to get my plat, and let me tell you I had a much better time during the first weeks.

The reason is that DS is an ONLINE game, meaning that you used to never have to wait to invade others, or find a friend to play with, which is most of the fun.

So, IMO every one should get it day 1

I don't know what system to get it for...need more information! I'm sure that won't be for awhile yet. Always wished I had gone back and played this more. Beat it, diversified my character too much and the beginning of the second playthrough was beyond rough. Everything took way too many hits. Wanted to just start a new character but I never did.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Where does it say that it comes with a steelbook case?[/QUOTE]The Dark Souls Collector's Edition can be pre-ordered for $59.99, the same price as the standard edition, and will include a limited edition art book containing premium illustrations of characters and environments from the game, a mini-strategy guidebook, behind-the-scenes videos from the development studio detailing various stages of game concept, design and building, and the game's soundtrack for digital download. All of this will come packaged with the standard edition game in a custom-designed metal case.

but the pic doesnt show the metal case =(

I love this type of CE/LE: pre-order = automatic upgrade.

Would also love to see this incorporated so that all DLC released is free to pre-orders and retail purchasers...yeah, I'm dreaming.

Pre-ordered 2, one for Xbox and one for PS3. Wish this game sells a lot of copies so developers do things like this more often.

This is a sweet promotion. I'll go ahead and order through Amazon and just watch over the next few weeks/months to make sure they upgrade it correctly.

Anyone else getting broke from these preorders? I've got Catherine, Agarest, Disgaea 4 (when preorder starts), Deus Ex, and NMH on my list and it's only May!

[quote name='HakaHina']Anyone else getting broke from these preorders? I've got Catherine, Agarest, Disgaea 4 (when preorder starts), Deus Ex, and NMH on my list and it's only May![/QUOTE]

those are the same one on my list, guess we know where our paychecks are going -.-

wanted to preorder this but the pic is for the UK version (pegi 18 sticker in lower lefthand corner of game case), so.... gonna preorder when amazon officially updates to match the same ce. hopefully its the same ce and we dont get the short end of the stick like the ass creed bro ce... importing the codex edition cost me wayy too much.

[quote name='HakaHina']Anyone else getting broke from these preorders? I've got Catherine, Agarest, Disgaea 4 (when preorder starts), Deus Ex, and NMH on my list and it's only May![/QUOTE]
ordered the same games too. i guess i wont be eating :drool:

I wonder if the mini guide in this upgraded edition is going to be the only one released just like the one for Demon's Souls. If so, then I may order one of these just for the sake of selling the guide later on to recoup my costs for the rest of the CE.;)

Sorry I just hate that 90% of the posts on this board are unnecessary like this. 10% of the users spend 90% of their posts answering stupid questions. Makes it hard to find useful information in the sea of "HOW DO I WIPE MY OWN ASS?".[/QUOTE]

CAN I USE A PAPER TOWEL? OR DO I HAVE TO USE TOLIET PAPER? WHY ISNT THERE ASS PAPER?!!? .......lol

I agree, Its part of the reason why I don't normally post anything, I find the info reading pages after pages.

I was so excited till I read "mini-strategy guide". MINI?! Dont even care. Ill buy it after it out for the best price.

Ok.. wait... does mini mean same full strategy guide just small in stature or like normal "mini" guide where its like 70 pages of info and tips that dont actually help with anything?

If Amazon automatically upgrades the pre-order without saying anything, why don't they do the same with Catherine, for example?
Catherine has a LE in the Amazon page, but Dark Souls doesn't.

[quote name='xenophreak']If Amazon automatically upgrades the pre-order without saying anything, why don't they do the same with Catherine, for example?
Catherine has a LE in the Amazon page, but Dark Souls doesn't.[/QUOTE]

probably because EVERYONE who orders will get the LE like the Dragon Age signature , why is this so hard to understand???

[quote name='gepet0']Does amazon still offer 99 cent release day delivery on games?[/QUOTE]
it's only on select titles now i believe, it's not currently offered on this, but that doesn't mean they won't add it eventually? maybe? :X

Jesus christ. So I tried to solve the glyph puzzle doing the reloading trick. 2 and a half hours later, I forget to reload, click a wrong glyph, and now I'm locked out til tomorrow. fuck.

So anyway I just want the code you get for solving it and theres a way to cheat to get it but I dont understand wtf it's telling me to do. Here's the instructions posted by someone else somewhere else on how to do it. If anyone can explain it in english that'd be great (specifically how do I "open object, open settings, open Solvekeys"? I dont see any of that anywhere in the dev tools):

"Cheating way to solve glyph puzzle (skip if you want to solve through trial and error):

Using Chrome
Go to developer tools
Go to console tab type "mg" in console and press enter
One object will show up, open object, open settings, open solveKeys
Copy those keys to notepad
Go to elements tab in tool
Type gly-# in search
Hover over element it selects - element will also be highlighted on the page
Click that glyph on the page
Repeat for all 30 keys

is this game pretty much aka demon souls 2? I'm just referring to the difficulty. I liked demon souls but it was too hard for me.

What are you talking about? I'm not that far in Demon's Souls...or are you talking about a web game?

[quote name='ShockandAww']Jesus christ. So I tried to solve the glyph puzzle doing the reloading trick. 2 and a half hours later, I forget to reload, click a wrong glyph, and now I'm locked out til tomorrow. fuck.

So anyway I just want the code you get for solving it and theres a way to cheat to get it but I dont understand wtf it's telling me to do. Here's the instructions posted by someone else somewhere else on how to do it. If anyone can explain it in english that'd be great (specifically how do I "open object, open settings, open Solvekeys"? I dont see any of that anywhere in the dev tools):

"Cheating way to solve glyph puzzle (skip if you want to solve through trial and error):

Using Chrome
Go to developer tools
Go to console tab type "mg" in console and press enter
One object will show up, open object, open settings, open solveKeys
Copy those keys to notepad
Go to elements tab in tool
Type gly-# in search
Hover over element it selects - element will also be highlighted on the page
Click that glyph on the page
Repeat for all 30 keys
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tracid']What are you talking about? I'm not that far in Demon's Souls...or are you talking about a web game?[/QUOTE]
Sorry, the official site for Dark Souls is preparetodie.com

On that site after you put in your age, you're taken to the main page with a knight on it. If you look closely you'll see there's 30 glyphs (15 on each side of the knight). Click them all in the right order and you get some kind of code emailed to you. I guess it's some DLC for the game.

The first glyph is easy because it glows every few seconds. After that youre on your own. It's a pain in the ass, especially when you get 23 out of 30 then fuck it up.

bread's done
Back