Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
Currently in stock at Gamestop.com. Online only.

PS3

Xbox 360

Collectors Editions are presently in shortage at both online and b&m stores. Your best options for grabbing a CE:

You can try calling Gamestop, Walmart, or BestBuy and see if they have any extras beyond the pre-order batch. Make sure to see if they are doing a midnight launch. If not, go first thing in the morning

Stores that will NOT have CEs at all:

Target - $10 gift card with purchase
K-Mart/Sears - $20 gamer coupon with purchase
Newegg - Confirmed to be shipping out regular editions but is giving a $20 coupon in compensation

ATTN AMAZON BUYERS:
If you had preordered with release day shipping but the expected delivery date is anything later than 10/4/11, it would be in your best interest to contact Amazon CS and complain :p

While supplies last
- receive a FREE upgrade to the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls when you pre-order the Standard Edition at no extra cost.

Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed metal case with protective sleeve, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a mini-strategy guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011

*The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.
SOURCE:

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

DarkSouls_LimitedEdition_PS3.jpg

Amazon Bonus Offer:

Pre-order Dark Souls and trade-in any video game between September 22nd and October 3rd, and get a $5.00 gift card.

NOTE: Both PS3 CE and 360 CE lately show as out of stock

NOTE2: The product info for both CE and regular pages almost look the same

PS3 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZQJO

PS3 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5EO

Xbox360 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZR4I

Xbox360 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5DU

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my code, thanks for the javascript trick.

And I really don't get people being hesitant to pre-order from Amazon. You realize that Amazon doesn't charge you ANYTHING until the game ships, right? You have until October to cancel, and pre-ordering now gets you at the front of the list when it comes time to ship.

Keep being dumb though...

[quote name='dudejeff22']Got my code, thanks for the javascript trick.

And I really don't get people being hesitant to pre-order from Amazon. You realize that Amazon doesn't charge you ANYTHING until the game ships, right? You have until October to cancel, and pre-ordering now gets you at the front of the list when it comes time to ship.

Keep being dumb though...[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately they do take credit up front which is how many of us pay. You can cancel to recover it but still.

[quote name='Vinny']I got the code... but what's it for?

From the looks of it, yes, it'll fit inside the metal case. It'll probably be much like the one included with Demon's Souls DE.[/QUOTE]

I'm expecting the package to be like the Mass Effect 2 CE. A steelbook with the game and making of disc (if we still get that in the US) and the artbook packaged together in a cardboard box. And then the mini guide would be just a little extra added on to the end of the booklet inside the steelbook. I'm not expecting much based on the usage of "mini".

[quote name='fujimitsu']Unfortunately they do take credit up front which is how many of us pay. You can cancel to recover it but still.[/QUOTE]

Change payment settings and uncheck the box with your promotional credits. Now if you are using the pre-order credits and not just amazon gift cards then you cant separate them so you have to utilize both

EDIT: what i do in that case^ is buy something that will deplete my credit and doesnt ship for awhile then order the game with the pre-order credit, then cancel the order I just placed to get my credit back

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fujimitsu']Unfortunately they do take credit up front which is how many of us pay. You can cancel to recover it but still.[/QUOTE]
If you dont want to use your credit on it for whatever reason you just order it twice then cancel the one that used the credit and your credit will go back to your account. I dont even think you need to do that anymore though since you can just uncheck the box and not use your credit on the order.

[quote name='ShockandAww']If you dont want to use your credit on it for whatever reason you just order it twice then cancel the one that used the credit and your credit will go back to your account. I dont even think you need to do that anymore though since you can just uncheck the box and not use your credit on the order.[/QUOTE]

I do want to use my credit on the order, but I have a pretty steady flow of credit going in and out... tying up $60 for 6 months could disturb that.

not a huge deal, and I still locked it in... but I know I'm not the only one in this situation.

I just placed an order for each copy (PS3 and X360) lol. I can always cancel until I find out which edition is best (graphically). Can't wait to get owned for billion of times like in Demon's Soul. :D

[quote name='rainking187']I'm expecting the package to be like the Mass Effect 2 CE. A steelbook with the game and making of disc (if we still get that in the US) and the artbook packaged together in a cardboard box. And then the mini guide would be just a little extra added on to the end of the booklet inside the steelbook. I'm not expecting much based on the usage of "mini".[/QUOTE]

huh? You can clearly see in the picture that the game guide is a completely separate book, and one comparable in size to the one included with Demon's Souls:

dark_souls_ce_01.jpg

Also from the looks of it, we're not getting a steelbook game case, but rather the box that everything comes in will be some sort of metal tin.

For those waffling between PS3 and 360, I am inclined to believe the PS3 is the lead platform as the game is being released exclusively in Japan a month earlier and only on the PS3.

That and the previous one was PS3 exclusive so their dev team already has a significant code base, art portfolio, and experience sitting there to pull from.

[quote name='ssjmichael']huh? You can clearly see in the picture that the game guide is a completely separate book, and one comparable in size to the one included with Demon's Souls:

[/QUOTE]

That picture is the European CE (see the rating logo).

[quote name='scott_matthews']That picture is the European CE (see the rating logo).[/QUOTE]

I know, but it's the same stuff shown in the pic for the US version...

[quote name='Kurow']Just wait a year and this special edition will cost $19.99 just because the game is so hard and boring for most of the people that it will sell bad xD[/QUOTE]

Yea, a preorder only CE is going to make it to $20. I'm sure it sucks to be terrible at games but From can't really help you there if you don't want to learn.

[quote name='Kurow']Just wait a year and this special edition will cost $19.99 just because the game is so hard and boring for most of the people that it will sell bad xD[/QUOTE]

Demon's Souls CE says hello

[quote name='ssjmichael']Demon's Souls CE says hello[/QUOTE]

Demon's Souls EU Black Phantom Edition from Namco Bandai says hello as well!

contents.jpg

[quote name='ssjmichael']I know, but it's the same stuff shown in the pic for the US version...[/QUOTE]

Actually, the pic doesn't completely match -- the soundtrack is shown as a CD, but the blurb describes it as a digital download. One would assume there may be other differences as well. That said, I don't care. Pre-ordered.

[quote name='JKSonic']Sigh, I don't know what to do with this. I rented Demon's Souls (and it is Demon's Souls...) back when I had a PS3 and I really wanted to like it. I mean there's not many games out there that I really want to like, are getting decent reviews, and I just can't get into...but this was one of them. I don't mind when a game is hard, but I do not like it when the controls feel clunky and deaths feel cheap in the process. To me (maybe your opinion is different) the controls just weren't good enough for the type of difficulty they were trying to accomplish (very hard, but not cheap, and very rewarding).

In the same light as the first game I really want to like this one too. Maybe if they fix some parts of it I'd really like it. IMO they need to tighten up the controls (I don't need a DMC type control scheme or anything) and make the task of reclaiming your soul a little better. Another thing is I'd like some better direction in the game. In the first one I felt like I was wondering around lost with no point or purpose at all. Maybe that's because since I rented it I didn't have the booklet to read I don't know...just felt directionless.[/QUOTE]

This...

The controls in the first game were very bad and the CE included a soundtrack when the game do not even have music which make it very boring to play in my opinion. I played the game up to the world 5-2 when I got bored on the poisoned world. I really wanted to like the game too but the shitty co op system and the extremely outdated mechanics made it impossible for me. I got the game for just $25 in a local store which is a "miracle" here in my country and I still think that I wasted my money in some way xD.

This second game really needs to have better controls and better co op system. It was useless that you needed one player alive and one player dead just to co op ¬.¬

[quote name='trq']Actually, the pic doesn't completely match -- the soundtrack is shown as a CD, but the blurb describes it as a digital download. One would assume there may be other differences as well. That said, I don't care. Pre-ordered.[/QUOTE]

As shown above, the US configuration is the same. It's just as possible that the blurb is wrong, and the picture of the actual soundtrack is correct. Demon's Souls for instance came with an actual CD. Finally, I'd say the odds the guide going from a standalone book as pictured to being tacked on to the back of instruction booklet as mentioned by the person I originally quoted (top of this page) is slim to nil.

[quote name='Kurow']This...

The controls in the first game were very bad and the CE included a soundtrack when the game do not even have music which make it very boring to play in my opinion. I played the game up to the world 5-2 when I got bored on the poisoned world. I really wanted to like the game too but the shitty co op system and the extremely outdated mechanics made it impossible for me. I got the game for just $25 in a local store which is a "miracle" here in my country and I still think that I wasted my money in some way xD.

This second game really needs to have better controls and better co op system. It was useless that you needed one player alive and one player dead just to co op ¬.¬[/QUOTE]
I am curious what specifically you didn't like about the controls? All I remember being clunky was going into first person / zooming in with the bow.

Not to put a damper on things, but there's no confirmation from Namco-Bandai that this collector's edition will be available in the U.S. yet. For right now, it's only confirmed for the U.K. market... isn't it? I just saw above, but I hadn't read any confirmation of a U.S. release.

[quote name='guardian_owl']I am curious what specifically you didn't like about the controls? All I remember being clunky was going into first person / zooming in with the bow.[/QUOTE]

From my experience of trying to do everything in one playthrough, the controls were utter shit. Nothing about the game was skill based, it was all about memorization and grinding which is fine if I wasn't fighting against the controls the majority of the time.

I'll admit the way I played wasn't ideal, but I tend to be a completionist and not play through a game multiple times if I don't need to. I do realize the build of my character and the way I played wasn't anywhere near ideal, but it was all about efficiency for me.

1st person/bow was idiotic. I remember having so many issues doing this drop-down a cliff in world 5 or something like that where I tried to shoot the enemies below before I went down, and projectiles just wouldn't go through the environment because there was a solid "wall" between me and the enemies, which clearly it wasn't solid. But there was no other way to clear the enemies out because the angles at which you could shoot were so limiting (can't shoot down!??).

That cliff always resulted in an ambush when you landed down there, and because it was on a ledge and the shitty camera angles (camera is in a wall) there was no way for me to face the enemy and block in time. Just turning my character took a few seconds. The enemies would then stagger me, trap me in a corner, and I would barely be able to kill one/defend without my stamina being drained. There were about 4-5 enemies total I think?

The issue was, I knew exactly what I NEEDED to do (as in, yes there is an ambush, I should thin them out first but I can't, I need to fall and immediately attack them before they realize but I can't, etc...), I just couldn't execute it to my liking because of the controls, cameras angles, etc... Nor was I going to grind on the Red-Eyed Knight in World 1 by making him fall to his death over and over again... The A.I. behavior in the game was abysmal.

Some people love the game, and I don't shit on the game or people who liked it because it does do some things very well, but controls are one of the few things that make or break a game for me and I just couldn't deal with hundreds of hours of frustration. I'm just really surprised by people loved DS when it's not ~that~ big of a step up from FromSoftware's previous releases (King's Field - which, to a much bigger extent, also controlled like shit).

[quote name='GuardianE']Not to put a damper on things, but there's no confirmation from Namco-Bandai that this collector's edition will be available in the U.S. yet. For right now, it's only confirmed for the U.K. market.[/QUOTE]

um: http://www.preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

That's the US portal, showing NA stores, and a pic of the game for NA. So yeah, I'm pretty sure it's confirmed for the US as well

[quote name='GuardianE']Not to put a damper on things, but there's no confirmation from Namco-Bandai that this collector's edition will be available in the U.S. yet. For right now, it's only confirmed for the U.K. market.[/QUOTE]

Except the pre-order page on the official site, but I guess that doesnt count ;)

AMAZON CONFIRMS IT:

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Upgrade

Order Dark Souls and recieve an automatic upgrade to the Collector's Edition for no extra charge. The CE will include a limited edition art book, a mini-strategy guidebook, behind-the-scenes videos, and the game's soundtrack for digital download -- all packaged with the game in a custom-designed metal case. No action is required to receive this upgrade on existing pre-orders.

I couldn't get the javascript trick to work. I added the code to the end of the URL in IE. Don't know if that is what I was supposed to do or not, but I found another trick:

Using Chrome
Go to developer tools
Go to console tab type "mg" in console and press enter
One object will show up, open object, open settings, open solveKeys
Copy those keys to notepad
Go to elements tab in tool
Type gly-# in search
Hover over element it selects - element will also be highlighted on the page
Click that glyph on the page
Repeat for all 30 keys

[quote name='warpedsoul']I couldn't get the javascript trick to work. I added the code to the end of the URL in IE. Don't know if that is what I was supposed to do or not, but I found another trick:

Using Chrome
Go to developer tools
Go to console tab type "mg" in console and press enter
One object will show up, open object, open settings, open solveKeys
Copy those keys to notepad
Go to elements tab in tool
Type gly-# in search
Hover over element it selects - element will also be highlighted on the page
Click that glyph on the page
Repeat for all 30 keys[/QUOTE]

You don't add it to the end of the url, you just paste the javascript and nothing else

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']From my experience of trying to do everything in one playthrough, the controls were utter shit. Nothing about the game was skill based, it was all about memorization and grinding which is fine if I wasn't fighting against the controls the majority of the time.

I'll admit the way I played wasn't ideal, but I tend to be a completionist and not play through a game multiple times if I don't need to. I do realize the build of my character and the way I played wasn't anywhere near ideal, but it was all about efficiency for me.

1st person/bow was idiotic. I remember having so many issues doing this drop-down a cliff in world 5 or something like that where I tried to shoot the enemies below before I went down, and projectiles just wouldn't go through the environment because there was a solid "wall" between me and the enemies, which clearly it wasn't solid. But there was no other way to clear the enemies out because the angles at which you could shoot were so limiting (can't shoot down!??).

That cliff always resulted in an ambush when you landed down there, and because it was on a ledge and the shitty camera angles (camera is in a wall) there was no way for me to face the enemy and block in time. Just turning my character took a few seconds. The enemies would then stagger me, trap me in a corner, and I would barely be able to kill one/defend without my stamina being drained. There were about 4-5 enemies total I think?

The issue was, I knew exactly what I NEEDED to do (as in, yes there is an ambush, I should thin them out first but I can't, I need to fall and immediately attack them before they realize but I can't, etc...), I just couldn't execute it to my liking because of the controls, cameras angles, etc... Nor was I going to grind on the Red-Eyed Knight in World 1 by making him fall to his death over and over again... The A.I. behavior in the game was abysmal.

Some people love the game, and I don't shit on the game or people who liked it because it does do some things very well, but controls are one of the few things that make or break a game for me and I just couldn't deal with hundreds of hours of frustration. I'm just really surprised by people loved DS when it's not ~that~ big of a step up from FromSoftware's previous releases (King's Field - which, to a much bigger extent, also controlled like shit).[/QUOTE]

This issue you had with thinning herds before dropping down is a result of your playstyle, not the game design. The controls for shooting were not good, nobody is disputing that; however, the game never required you to take out a bunch of enemies below you before dropping down. There is no part in the game where the enemy AI is jammed against a wall, waiting desperately for you to drop down so they can kill you. If you had walked away, they would have returned to their original placements and would have become "unaware", I guarantee it Men's Wearhouse-style.

I'm not saying I've never cheated the game design before by making enemies aggro in a place they can't attack me from so that I can pick them off, as I've done that in many games, but that wasn't what you "NEEDED" to do.

The controls for Demon's Souls weren't bad, in my estimation, they were just very deliberate. If you are going to swing your sword or axe, pressing the attack button doesn't mean your sword will instantly inflict damage. It means your character will start to swing your sword or axe. If people had problems with the slow nature of their character's movement (rolling, sprinting, attacking), there were weapons and build options that dealt directly with all of those things. Trim down your gear, grab a small shield and use a rapier and your straight-up Raphael from Soul Calibur when it comes to speed.

It seems to me that problems had with the nature of the controls for Demon's Souls are more a result of expectations that it behave like an "action" game than there being an actual discrepancy with the way the game controls (besides aiming). Demon's Souls controls well, it just doesn't control exactly like other games.

[quote name='ssjmichael']um: http://www.preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

That's the US portal, showing NA stores, and a pic of the game for NA. So yeah, I'm pretty sure it's confirmed for the US as well[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jacknicklson']Except the pre-order page on the official site, but I guess that doesnt count ;)[/QUOTE]

My bad. I'd only seen the Collector's Edition info from the U.K. press release.

The controls were fine. They carried weight with their actions, as it should be so people likely got pissed when they died as a result of their haste. I can tell you from 6-7 playthroughs that I always felt in control and death was a miss-timed dodge. Then again, I had a 2H paladin cleave build that kept me light on my feet and out of reach from most mobs when swinging. I definitely think certain classes in that game just made it much harder than really is. The fact that most people recommended Royal to start tells me that they're unwilling to learn to parry/dodge, which is where the problem lies. Learning movement early pays dividends at endgame.

[quote name='thebob101']Can't decide whether to get the 360 or ps3 version. Any recommendations.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 is possibly the lead version, and as others have mentioned, they already have plenty of experience with the PS3 because of Demon's Souls. Other than that speculation, there's no real indication of which will be better at this point.

Amazon just update...

Order Dark Souls and recieve an automatic upgrade to the Collector's Edition for no extra charge. The CE will include a limited edition art book, a mini-strategy guidebook and behind-the-scenes videos and the game's soundtrack for digital download -- all packaged with the game in a custom-designed metal case. No action is required to receive this upgrade on existing pre-orders.

PS3 version is currently sitting at #3 on Amazon's bestsellers list (3pm PST 5/12) - 360 version is at #21. It's still early but considering the PS3 version is outselling all 3 versions of Portal 2 there should be a good online community when this game finally launches.

[quote name='Chris22783']PS3 version is currently sitting at #3 on Amazon's bestsellers list (3pm PST 5/12) - 360 version is at #21. It's still early but considering the PS3 version is outselling all 3 versions of Portal 2 there should be a good online community when this game finally launches.[/QUOTE]

Provided PSN still exists. :cold:

[quote name='ssjmichael']You don't add it to the end of the url, you just paste the javascript and nothing else[/QUOTE]

I may be an idiot but paste it where, lol?

Just got back from GameStop where I preordered 2 for the PS3. Still haven't decided if I'm getting two NA, or one NA and one EU. I may just get the one NA.

[quote name='specialist']Provided PSN still exists. :cold:[/QUOTE]
Without PSN, PlayStation as a whole will die with it. In this age, online is everything.

[quote name='Jodou']The controls were fine. They carried weight with their actions, as it should be so people likely got pissed when they died as a result of their haste. I can tell you from 6-7 playthroughs that I always felt in control and death was a miss-timed dodge. Then again, I had a 2H paladin cleave build that kept me light on my feet and out of reach from most mobs when swinging. I definitely think certain classes in that game just made it much harder than really is. The fact that most people recommended Royal to start tells me that they're unwilling to learn to parry/dodge, which is where the problem lies. Learning movement early pays dividends at endgame.[/QUOTE]

That is not always true. Starting off as royal to focus on being more mage than melee is one of the best options. As magic is extremely powerful in the game with the right setup. People want to talk about how tough maneater is, or using bow tricks at the door. But I prefer just to blow them up with some fire.

No, I didn't use the Japanese running firestorm tricks. But they are fun though.

[quote name='warpedsoul']I may be an idiot but paste it where, lol?

Just got back from GameStop where I preordered 2 for the PS3. Still haven't decided if I'm getting two NA, or one NA and one EU. I may just get the one NA.[/QUOTE]
1.)go to preparetodie.com
2.)pick your region and enter a birth date to show you are old enough
3.)You should then be on the screen with the knight and the 15 sets of runes on the left and right. Delete http://preparetodie.com/en/ from your address bar and paste the following in its place and press enter:
javascript:var n = function() {setInterval(mg.hint, 2000)}; n()
4.)This will cause the proper order of the runes to light up like crazy, click each one as a new one begins to light up.
5.)After all 30 are lit up, enter in a valid email address
6.)PROFIT!
7.)Profit = a unique code which will unlock something ingame.

[quote name='FerDK']Amazon just update...

Order Dark Souls and recieve an automatic upgrade to the Collector's Edition for no extra charge. The CE will include a limited edition art book, a mini-strategy guidebook and behind-the-scenes videos and the game's soundtrack for digital download -- all packaged with the game in a custom-designed metal case. No action is required to receive this upgrade on existing pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

So does the US gets the soundtrack as a digital download code or is that for EU? From what Amazon's stating seem like US going to get the digital download for the soundtrack?

[quote name='eau']Without PSN, PlayStation as a whole will die with it. In this age, online is everything.[/QUOTE]
Oh no, whatever will the CoD kiddies do without their Netflix?

[quote name='guardian_owl']1.)go to preparetodie.com
2.)pick your region and enter a birth date to show you are old enough
3.)You should then be on the screen with the knight and the 15 sets of runes on the left and right. Delete http://preparetodie.com/en/ from your address bar and paste the following in its place and press enter:
javascript:var n = function() {setInterval(mg.hint, 2000)}; n()
4.)This will cause the proper order of the runes to light up like crazy, click each one as a new one begins to light up.
5.)After all 30 are lit up, enter in a valid email address
6.)PROFIT!
7.)Profit = a unique code which will unlock something ingame.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha! Thanks for the clarification.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Oh no, whatever will the CoD kiddies do without their Netflix?[/QUOTE]

Netflix is still up.

Both the soundtrack and the behind the scenes video crap are digital downloads from the looks of it.

Also the 'strategy guide' will probably suck as it's described as "mini". They probably wouldn't describe it as mini unless it was one of those pamphlet type bs ones.

And this probably isn't going to be rare if the past is any indication. Keep in mind it's a sequel, and it isn't something that's going to be surprisingly good like the first game. People already know it's good.

[quote name='supershammy']This issue you had with thinning herds before dropping down is a result of your playstyle, not the game design. The controls for shooting were not good, nobody is disputing that; however, the game never required you to take out a bunch of enemies below you before dropping down. There is no part in the game where the enemy AI is jammed against a wall, waiting desperately for you to drop down so they can kill you. If you had walked away, they would have returned to their original placements and would have become "unaware", I guarantee it Men's Wearhouse-style.

I'm not saying I've never cheated the game design before by making enemies aggro in a place they can't attack me from so that I can pick them off, as I've done that in many games, but that wasn't what you "NEEDED" to do.

The controls for Demon's Souls weren't bad, in my estimation, they were just very deliberate. If you are going to swing your sword or axe, pressing the attack button doesn't mean your sword will instantly inflict damage. It means your character will start to swing your sword or axe. If people had problems with the slow nature of their character's movement (rolling, sprinting, attacking), there were weapons and build options that dealt directly with all of those things. Trim down your gear, grab a small shield and use a rapier and your straight-up Raphael from Soul Calibur when it comes to speed.

It seems to me that problems had with the nature of the controls for Demon's Souls are more a result of expectations that it behave like an "action" game than there being an actual discrepancy with the way the game controls (besides aiming). Demon's Souls controls well, it just doesn't control exactly like other games.[/QUOTE]

Except in that case it wasn't an issue of aggro. There was no getting off the cliff once you jumped down. It was a severe lack of space to move anywhere that killed me.

Again, yes I chose to play that way and follow the build that was suggested but I didn't grind to up my stamina or anything. I never said I wanted DS to be an action game (I knew exactly what I was getting into having played their earlier games), but I've never been a fan of putting limitations on the player as a gameplay "feature." Same reason I hate the Resident Evil series; they're fine if you like that style of game, I just don't.

Thinning them out also wasn't a preference on my part. My character at that point literally could not survive hits from 4/5 enemies at that place. IIRC I was using a Purple Flame Shield and some spear. The enemies don't appear until you land, and when they do appear they're on both sides of your character so to even try to block/parry both sides you needed to position your character's back against the wall, and the camera would explode. Missing a block meant 1/2 of my health was gone. Of course the movement/control design was deliberate, but again I don't enjoy slow/tank-like controls.

>> This isn't a discussion thread about DS though... Whatever, I have this pre-ordered and I hope they at least polished some stuff up from the original.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Both the soundtrack and the behind the scenes video crap are digital downloads from the looks of it.

Also the 'strategy guide' will probably suck as it's described as "mini". They probably wouldn't describe it as mini unless it was one of those pamphlet type bs ones.

And this probably isn't going to be rare if the past is any indication. Keep in mind it's a sequel, and it isn't something that's going to be surprisingly good like the first game. People already know it's good.[/QUOTE]

you obviously didn't get the DS CE , it included a mini guide and it was very thorough, i sold mine on ebay for $100 (just the mini guide... I don't even understand why you're interested with your piss poor attitude.

bread's done
Back