Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
Currently in stock at Gamestop.com. Online only.

PS3

Xbox 360

Collectors Editions are presently in shortage at both online and b&m stores. Your best options for grabbing a CE:

You can try calling Gamestop, Walmart, or BestBuy and see if they have any extras beyond the pre-order batch. Make sure to see if they are doing a midnight launch. If not, go first thing in the morning

Stores that will NOT have CEs at all:

Target - $10 gift card with purchase
K-Mart/Sears - $20 gamer coupon with purchase
Newegg - Confirmed to be shipping out regular editions but is giving a $20 coupon in compensation

ATTN AMAZON BUYERS:
If you had preordered with release day shipping but the expected delivery date is anything later than 10/4/11, it would be in your best interest to contact Amazon CS and complain :p

While supplies last
- receive a FREE upgrade to the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls when you pre-order the Standard Edition at no extra cost.

Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed metal case with protective sleeve, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a mini-strategy guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011

*The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.
SOURCE:

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

DarkSouls_LimitedEdition_PS3.jpg

Amazon Bonus Offer:

Pre-order Dark Souls and trade-in any video game between September 22nd and October 3rd, and get a $5.00 gift card.

NOTE: Both PS3 CE and 360 CE lately show as out of stock

NOTE2: The product info for both CE and regular pages almost look the same

PS3 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZQJO

PS3 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5EO

Xbox360 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZR4I

Xbox360 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5DU

Last edited by a moderator:
I just signed up to this site after finding out a deal on dark souls by lurking.

*post edited*

[quote name='Mirrors']I just signed up to this site after finding out a deal on dark souls by lurking. After i preordered i got 20 dollars off although there was no mention of it before.

I can't post a link i wish there was some way to show the screenshot.[/QUOTE]

Where did you preorder from? was it a discount price or a coupon? you can post the link erase some part of it like http or put spaces in it

[quote name='ludwigfrech']Where did you preorder from? was it a discount price or a coupon? you can post the link erase some part of it like http or put spaces in it[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it was just a $20 credit that applied from a previous order and he didn't realize he'd gotten/had it.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Demon's Souls is one of the most over-rated games in terms of it being difficult. Yeah, it's difficult if you just keep sprinting to your death over and over. However, if you take it slow, it's not that bad at all.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I just say its unforgiving rather than difficult. If you die, its because its YOUR own fault not the game's difficulty.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Pretty sure it was just a $20 credit that applied from a previous order and he didn't realize he'd gotten/had it.[/QUOTE]

yea i figured that out after seeing that his post was edited to delete the 20$ discout part... he was ashamed to accept his mistake :cool:

[quote name='enemyofusall']does anyone know if this will let you pause? My biggest issue with the first :([/QUOTE]
Probably not due to a similar persistent online component. Though since you can save anywhere at any time "pause" is going to quit game. The only time you can't quit game ("pause") when you are interrupted and load the game back up exactly where you were is during boss fights. Even then, if you quit during a boss fight you just end up back at the boss fog gate when you load up your game.

Pre-ordered one for each console. I'm not sure which one will be the definitive version, so I'll just cancel the version that I don't want.

[quote name='technole'] If you die, its because its YOUR own fault not the game's difficulty.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that with virtually every game? (save for MMOs, you can always blame noobs)

[quote name='HakaHina']Isn't that with virtually every game? (save for MMOs, you can always blame noobs)[/QUOTE]

Nope. Many games (especially on higher difficulty) rely almost entirely on chance when determining whether you die. The classic 90's PC FPS problem of bots who headshot 100% of the time has not been solved. Admittedly most games offer some sort of exploitable means to beat a difficult enemy, but I never felt "robbed" in demons souls... as I did in so many modern games (even on normal difficulty). Honestly I feel that DS had tons of flaws, but it had more going for it in my book.

Got my preorder in, you'd have to be utterly stupid not to get in on this. I missed out on the last one because i wasn't prepared to jump into the game. But now i will!

Atlus is doing what all developers should do. You want your game to get noticed, this is it.

Just preored on Amazon. Very good deal and it would sit very nicely with my Demon's Souls CE.

[quote name='DynamiteShikoku']
Atlus is doing what all developers should do. You want your game to get noticed, this is it.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree man, Too bad they didn't get the Publishing rights though, but looks like NamcoBandai is following Atlus steps on how to do CE's properly. I also noticed Dark Souls for PS3 just shot up to #4 on top Best sellers for video games. Nice.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Will this be better on PS3 or 360?[/QUOTE]Both versions will likely be the same, but with the fan-base from the first game originating on the PS3, the life of the PS3 community will last a lot longer then the XBL community. That and I'm pretty sure that the ps3 version will sell more regardless.

Anyone know if this is a timed deal? I planned on preordering the game, and when I heard of the CE I decided instantly (regardless of the contents, I just loved the first so much) that I would get it, but I don't like to preorder games months in advance. I generally preorder within a week to a month of the release. This is way too early for me, but I'm worried how long it will last.

[quote name='prettycrazy']Both versions will likely be the same, but with the fan-base from the first game originating on the PS3, the life of the PS3 community will last a lot longer then the XBL community. That and I'm pretty sure that the ps3 version will sell more regardless.

Anyone know if this is a timed deal? I planned on preordering the game, and when I heard of the CE I decided instantly (regardless of the contents, I just loved the first so much) that I would get it, but I don't like to preorder games months in advance. I generally preorder within a week to a month of the release. This is way too early for me, but I'm worried how long it will last.[/QUOTE]

^This. I don't like preordering more then a month in advance.

Also, does anyone know if this will be even remotely limited?

[quote name='guardian_owl']Probably not due to a similar persistent online component. Though since you can save anywhere at any time "pause" is going to quit game. The only time you can't quit game ("pause") when you are interrupted and load the game back up exactly where you were is during boss fights. Even then, if you quit during a boss fight you just end up back at the boss fog gate when you load up your game.[/QUOTE]

thanks! Just one thing I was kinda like wtf about. It's always nice if you have to get up and do something real quick, like idk get the door or something, and be able to pause. I understand the online mechanic but kinda wish you could just pause really quickly and jump back in shortly thereafter.

pre-ordered, i didnt even get half way through demons souls. got busy with something and didnt go back. This reminds i should, LOVED that game.

[quote name='GBAstar']^This. I don't like preordering more then a month in advance.[/QUOTE]
I don't see what is the problem, Amazon doesn't even charge you until a product finally ships =\

[quote name='UberNinjaz']I don't see what is the problem, Amazon doesn't even charge you until a product finally ships =\[/QUOTE]

plus you can cancel it before then

Not sure if it was intentional =P, but uh people do know that the first game had NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with friend's list. Has there been any word of this being different?

[quote name='Vortextk']Not sure if it was intentional =P, but uh people do know that the first game had NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with friend's list. Has there been any word of this being different?[/QUOTE]

Nothing that I have read so far indicates how the online pairing system will work, but since it is From Software it will probably be the same as the previous game. I am more curious if they are going to disable party chat for the xbox 360. They were set against voice communication in Demon's Souls. Since they are recycling a decent amount of animations I am also assuming they are using the same engine as well , which I heard was a PS3 centric one (Phyra?). Not sure if the online will be effected by that or not.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']I don't see what is the problem, Amazon doesn't even charge you until a product finally ships =\[/QUOTE]It seems they will use any credit you have in your account at the time of order for preorders. I just preordered a 3DS game coming out later this month and they already took the 40$ in credit out of my account.

I'm still deciding between a few games that release within these next couple months, so I need that credit and if I preorder Dark Souls now, they'll take it from me.

I just want to know if this is a full blown pre-order bonus, or if it's a limited time offer or something. If it's limited, I'll just have to use the credit I have and preorder the game asap.

Is this an Amazon only deal or is it all pre-orders? I don't generally go day 1 especially this far in advance, but I'm totally down for this game now that the series is coming to 360.

[quote name='JihadJesus']Is this an Amazon only deal or is it all pre-orders? I don't generally go day 1 especially this far in advance, but I'm totally down for this game now that the series is coming to 360.[/QUOTE]

I believe it should be all pre-orders are automatically CE.

[quote name='praxus07']Even if I preorder at gamestop I'd get the collectors edition? If so I'm in....[/QUOTE]

Yes, that seems to be the case. Go for it.

Pre-Order Question

If I Pre-Order at any Store to upgrade to the Coll. Ed. would I still get the exclusive DLC from that retailer if/when that is announced?

I'd Pre-Order now at GS, Amazon, BB, etc then wait to pick who has the best DLC and cancel the other orders?

Or what if a $10 credit GC pops up...would I get that also in this Pre-Order?

Can't wait for this one. Open world Demon's Souls? Yes please. This and Skyrim deserve a Pre-Order. And hopefully the Witcher 2 comes to consoles and its RPG delight.

[quote name='HarryManback']Pre-Order Question

If I Pre-Order at any Store to upgrade to the Coll. Ed. would I still get the exclusive DLC from that retailer if/when that is announced?

I'd Pre-Order now at GS, Amazon, BB, etc then wait to pick who has the best DLC and cancel the other orders?

Or what if a $10 credit GC pops up...would I get that also in this Pre-Order?

Can't wait for this one. Open world Demon's Souls? Yes please. This and Skyrim deserve a Pre-Order. And hopefully the Witcher 2 comes to consoles and its RPG delight.[/QUOTE]

I really doubt any retailers will have exclusive goodies for a pre-order.

[quote name='AukeySeven']and the good news is that if you order from gamestop you don't have to hurt your nail trying to open that pesky plastic wrapping :D[/QUOTE]
There is this wonderful invention called scissors that'll help you with your troubles.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']There is this wonderful invention called scissors that'll help you with your troubles.[/QUOTE]
pretty sure aukey was referring to gs gutting new games :lol:

I beat the first one on PS3 (obviously) but I am thinking to get the 360 version this time around. Bigger chance of more friends to play with and random people to have mics. Plus I like the 360 controller better.

[quote name='BREVITY']I beat the first one on PS3 (obviously) but I am thinking to get the 360 version this time around. Bigger chance of more friends to play with and random people to have mics. Plus I like the 360 controller better.[/QUOTE]

Same for me all those reasons. You sold me!

[quote name='AukeySeven']and the good news is that if you order from gamestop you don't have to hurt your nail trying to open that pesky plastic wrapping :D[/QUOTE]

+1

Gamestop bashing never gets old

[quote name='BREVITY']I beat the first one on PS3 (obviously) but I am thinking to get the 360 version this time around. Bigger chance of more friends to play with and random people to have mics. Plus I like the 360 controller better.[/QUOTE]

Agreed!

Ill end up with the 360 version too for those reasons and achievement points. I like them a lot more than trophies, and they add a little replay value to me on games I care about and like.

I'm very interested in this for the game guide. Demon's Souls required lots of reading to understand and build a good character, and having to stop the game so I could check about what to do was a bit of a hassle. The rest of the extras look nice as well, and all at the regular price.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Man, I wish I could have played Demon's Souls with a whiny 14 year old in my ear the entire time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah cause that's all who plays on xbox ;)..I doubt the whiny COD kids would play demon souls or dark souls without crying about how hard the game is and about where is the perks for killing 3 enemies in a row.

bread's done
Back