Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
Currently in stock at Gamestop.com. Online only.

PS3

Xbox 360

Collectors Editions are presently in shortage at both online and b&m stores. Your best options for grabbing a CE:

You can try calling Gamestop, Walmart, or BestBuy and see if they have any extras beyond the pre-order batch. Make sure to see if they are doing a midnight launch. If not, go first thing in the morning

Stores that will NOT have CEs at all:

Target - $10 gift card with purchase
K-Mart/Sears - $20 gamer coupon with purchase
Newegg - Confirmed to be shipping out regular editions but is giving a $20 coupon in compensation

ATTN AMAZON BUYERS:
If you had preordered with release day shipping but the expected delivery date is anything later than 10/4/11, it would be in your best interest to contact Amazon CS and complain :p

While supplies last
- receive a FREE upgrade to the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls when you pre-order the Standard Edition at no extra cost.

Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed metal case with protective sleeve, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a mini-strategy guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011

*The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.
SOURCE:

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

DarkSouls_LimitedEdition_PS3.jpg

Amazon Bonus Offer:

Pre-order Dark Souls and trade-in any video game between September 22nd and October 3rd, and get a $5.00 gift card.

NOTE: Both PS3 CE and 360 CE lately show as out of stock

NOTE2: The product info for both CE and regular pages almost look the same

PS3 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZQJO

PS3 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5EO

Xbox360 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZR4I

Xbox360 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5DU

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ninjalunchbox79']Question .... In the pic the game guide looks like a full strat guide , but in the description its labeled as a mini-guide?? any thoughts on that ...[/QUOTE]

If it is like the demons souls one, mini only refers to the size, not the content.
It had tables of stats, walkthroughs . . . More than what a lot of "full" guides have. Also it may be the only guide available.

Not sure if it was mentioned (read from page 18 to 13 and didn't see any comments about it), but Amazon is now offering Release-Date Delivery (RDD) shipping with Dark Souls.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']Not sure if it was mentioned (read from page 18 to 13 and didn't see any comments about it), but Amazon is now offering Release-Date Delivery (RDD) shipping with Dark Souls.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, updated my shipping :)

[quote name='Azuvidexus']Not sure if it was mentioned (read from page 18 to 13 and didn't see any comments about it), but Amazon is now offering Release-Date Delivery (RDD) shipping with Dark Souls.[/QUOTE]

Nice. Here is to hoping that they add some credit into the deal at some point as well.

thanks as well, updated my order!

Yeah, thanks for the reminder. I changed to RDD for DS and also Catherine. Ship date on Amazon for DS also got bumped from 10/31 to 10/4

damn, it sounds like a nice deal but I just watched some gameplay vids and it looks almost the same as Demon Souls....a game I payed $15 bucks for....

[quote name='VaultDweller']damn, it sounds like a nice deal but I just watched some gameplay vids and it looks almost the same as Demon Souls....a game I payed $15 bucks for....[/QUOTE]

If you didn't like Demon's Souls you probably won't like Dark Souls.

[quote name='xspeedracerx']If you didn't like Demon's Souls you probably won't like Dark Souls.[/QUOTE]

i liked it but i only payed $15 why would i pay $60 for the same game??

Edited original post, price is now $59.99 on Amazon. I was going to preorder, but I'll try to wait for a better deal somewhere else first.

yeah it went up $2 right before i ordered last week. doh!
lol, it's only $2, but i think they should toss some preorder credit on this game, especially with uncharted 3 / skyrim / etc coming out. but then again demon souls was so awesome. hoping this gets reduced tho :)

[quote name='VaultDweller']i liked it but i only payed $15 why would i pay $60 for the same game??[/QUOTE]
Why do you pay for sequels?

You obviously bought Fallout New Vegas after buying Fallout 3.

[quote name='VaultDweller']i liked it but i only payed $15 why would i pay $60 for the same game??[/QUOTE]

Are being an idiot on purpose?

[quote name='Ogami Itto']Are being an idiot on purpose?[/QUOTE]

lmao

This game looks dope. I can't wait! I haven't played the first one so I'm tempted to buy it to tide me over. What do yall think?

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Upgrade
Order Dark Souls and receive an automatic upgrade to the Collector's Edition for no extra charge. The CE will include a limited edition art book, a mini-strategy guidebook and behind-the-scenes videos and the game's soundtrack for digital download -- all packaged with the game in a custom-designed metal case. No action is required to receive this upgrade on existing pre-orders.

Check up on the price for Demon's Souls collector's edition.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']lmao

This game looks dope. I can't wait! I haven't played the first one so I'm tempted to buy it to tide me over. What do yall think?[/QUOTE]

Do it \\:D/

Is it even psychically healthy to be harder than Demon Souls? Im pretty sure someone is gonna stroke out while playing this game, or have a rage induced aneurism

[quote name='dgwillia006']Is it even psychically healthy to be harder than Demon Souls? Im pretty sure someone is gonna stroke out while playing this game, or have a rage induced aneurism[/QUOTE]

I'd be worried if we were talking about a Wii game :roll:

[quote name='slowdive21']So, I haven't opened my copy of demon's souls yet. Is there a non online way to play the game or is it online only?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can play offline.

I would argue your first playthrough should be online as their MP mechanic is innovative and enhances the experience. Assisting and being assisted by other players is fun and rewarding. However, the excitement truly comes the fist time you get invaded by another player...

Going for a plat? Play offline after you beat it the first time.

[quote name='slowdive21']So, I haven't opened my copy of demon's souls yet. Is there a non online way to play the game or is it online only?[/QUOTE]
It's not online only, online is part of the "experience" but the bulk of the gameplay can be done offline. This is a youtube video which discuses all the online components of Demon's Souls which would be lost when Atlus shuts down the server / not connected over PSN.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14_OICVhKIQ

[quote name='dgwillia006']Is it even psychically healthy to be harder than Demon Souls? Im pretty sure someone is gonna stroke out while playing this game, or have a rage induced aneurism[/QUOTE]
No one complained during the arcade & NES days, maybe if you were babied for the last 10 years by all this casual garbage you might.

I think I'll pass because I don't even think I'll be done with Demon's Souls (yes I know it's only a spiritual successor, so I don't necessarily have to beat it) by that time as I've played 12 hours and have only beaten two bosses. Plus, I got a ps3 recently, so I have way too many exclusives to play by that time, not to mention all the great games coming out this year.

I know people have asked about this and I'm not sure it was ever confirmed I pre-ordered at GS today and it was confirmed that they too are getting the automatic CE upgrade so probably most if not all retailers will. I have a ton of GS credit to burn thanks to Blockbuster.

Looks like everyone is getting different pieces, someone will piece em together soon enough

Also the cover art has changed on the site so looks like we have an official US box art

[quote name='Relysis']
3312.png

Mine is 3312.png if anyone is interested in trying.[/QUOTE]

Looks like a cutout of the "R" in Dark.

BTW, what did the code form the last puzzle do..? I got it but the email provided no info, outside of keep it safe.

Got the same JPG file in emails to two different email address, it's really dark on my screen so I am not sure if there is something else on it.

If you put your cursor all the way to the top of the screen on PTD.com there is some kind of "adventure" which requires facebook. There's also a forums now.

[quote name='Vinny']Looks like a cutout of the "R" in Dark.

BTW, what did the code form the last puzzle do..? I got it but the email provided no info, outside of keep it safe.[/QUOTE]

Once you link up facebook you input your code there. Didnt do anything though but accept it

EDIT: Gave me an achievement on their site

[quote name='jacknicklson']Once you link up facebook you input your code there. Didnt do anything though but accept it

EDIT: Gave me an achievement on their site[/QUOTE]

Ditto, plus I noticed there is a blue glow now at a bar in the center at the top. I'd guess after you do so many puzzles/achievements you would "unlock" stuff when you fill the bar up or whatever.

OK got my "Achievments" for liking their Facebook page and inputting my Glyph code. I'm still holding out hope its some sort of DLC weapon or item.

Still confused on that puzzle piece looking thing they sent via email.

Mine looks like a backwards "L"

[quote name='jacknicklson']Once you link up facebook you input your code there. Didnt do anything though but accept it

EDIT: Gave me an achievement on their site[/QUOTE]
Oh, that's what the code was for? Gay.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']No one complained during the arcade & NES days, maybe if you were babied for the last 10 years by all this casual garbage you might.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

True.

The Collectors Edition on their site has changed somewhat. There's no mention of a metal case and the mini-guidebook now just says "strategy guide" and "game guide".

[quote name='ShockandAww']The Collectors Edition on their site has changed somewhat. There's no mention of a metal case and the mini-guidebook now just says "strategy guide" and "game guide".[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too... but at least, they removed the pictures of the making of DVD and OST, which those are technically downloadables.

bread's done
Back