Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
Currently in stock at Gamestop.com. Online only.

PS3

Xbox 360

Collectors Editions are presently in shortage at both online and b&m stores. Your best options for grabbing a CE:

You can try calling Gamestop, Walmart, or BestBuy and see if they have any extras beyond the pre-order batch. Make sure to see if they are doing a midnight launch. If not, go first thing in the morning

Stores that will NOT have CEs at all:

Target - $10 gift card with purchase
K-Mart/Sears - $20 gamer coupon with purchase
Newegg - Confirmed to be shipping out regular editions but is giving a $20 coupon in compensation

ATTN AMAZON BUYERS:
If you had preordered with release day shipping but the expected delivery date is anything later than 10/4/11, it would be in your best interest to contact Amazon CS and complain :p

While supplies last
- receive a FREE upgrade to the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls when you pre-order the Standard Edition at no extra cost.

Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed metal case with protective sleeve, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a mini-strategy guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011

*The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.
SOURCE:

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

DarkSouls_LimitedEdition_PS3.jpg

Amazon Bonus Offer:

Pre-order Dark Souls and trade-in any video game between September 22nd and October 3rd, and get a $5.00 gift card.

NOTE: Both PS3 CE and 360 CE lately show as out of stock

NOTE2: The product info for both CE and regular pages almost look the same

PS3 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZQJO

PS3 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5EO

Xbox360 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZR4I

Xbox360 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5DU

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='twztid13']okay, it wasn't my OMFGCOPTER GOTY. that better?[/QUOTE]
I don't know what that means.

[quote name='twztid13']

HA! NB is so shady. that sounds exactly like what it is.[/QUOTE]

I read that as a protective sleeve for the case, like what comes with most steelbooks.

[quote name='karyadi']If I get this after it comes out, will I still be able to get the collector's edition?[/QUOTE]

Maybe? It seems like the entire first printing will be CEs, so you shouldn't have too much trouble getting it if you don't wait too long.

[quote name='salty tbone']i don't know what that means.
[/quote]

.......................__ ............
........................| |...........
................... __\||/____......
.\\...............|'-|--| .\\....\.....
..\ \_...........|--|---|..\\ ....\....
../ l \____,/-------\___\___\
.|omg|-------------o----- ----,\..
..\ l /______,---''-----------, /...
../ /.............\_________ ,/....
.//.............____//___ __\\__/.

[quote name='Kenshindono']damn is that over? just checked and didn't see it.

Im tempted but dunno if this games my cup of tea. Never played the original because i heard it was absurdly hard. Unfairly so. I am a sucker for swag though, and this has a good ammount of it.

Will you still be able to get all this with the regular bundles after release, or are ONLY pre-orders doing this? I know catherine claimed pre orders only got the artbook/soundtrack, but you were able to find them in regular stores. It turned out it was all first print copies[/QUOTE]

If there was anything demons souls wasnt, it was unfair. It also wasnt that hard if you have the smallest amount of gamer patience.

Still doubt ill preorder this...im not having it sit on the shelf while i play skyrim and gears...itll drop fast like all games do these days...and all those earlh trades will be metal cases also.

[quote name='xspeedracerx']Maybe? It seems like the entire first printing will be CEs, so you shouldn't have too much trouble getting it if you don't wait too long.[/QUOTE]

I won't be too sure of that... Josh of Kmart said they won't have the collector edition... I am debating on the 360 version too... my ps3 is indispose atm and there were all type of online issue in the original ps3 version. I got both Batman and assassin creed preordered as well.

[quote name='Xellos2099']I won't be too sure of that... Josh of Kmart said they won't have the collector edition... I am debating on the 360 version too... my ps3 is indispose atm and there were all type of online issue in the original ps3 version. I got both Batman and assassin creed preordered as well.[/QUOTE]
alot of people played the 360 version at E3 & Gamescom & said it plays fine. of course, that's just a vertical slice of the game that they made to be displayed, but as easy as the 360 is to program for, i don't think it running From Software's engine for DS for the 1st time will be a game breaker. not much of a risk, except the community won't be as experienced. i would just prefer the ps3 version since they did so well on it before.

[quote name='xspeedracerx']I don't know about larger, but PS3 will obviously have most of the Demon's Souls fanbase playing. I don't really see a reason to switch to 360 unless that's all you have.[/QUOTE]

I am. The DS3 isn't as comfortable in my hands as the 369 controller. (Especially, a game like Demon's Souls where I felt the need to hold the shield in front of my character at all times.)

Also I got no desire to see Sony profit on this game... Not after they bailed on the first one.

[quote name='twztid13']alot of people played the 360 version at E3 & Gamescom & said it plays fine. of course, that's just a vertical slice of the game that they made to be displayed, but as easy as the 360 is to program for, i don't think it running From Software's engine for DS for the 1st time will be a game breaker. not much of a risk, except the community won't be as experienced. i would just prefer the ps3 version since they did so well on it before.[/QUOTE]

From Software has programed a number of games for the 360... I'm not even worried by it.

So is there anyway to get all the stuff in the pic in the OP. The guide/artbook etc? Or has it been cancelled/downgraded?

Guess I'll just do the Amazon auto-CE upgrade thing if there's nothing better. (This is my most anticipated game of the year and DS is my favorite game of all time)

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I am. The DS3 isn't as comfortable in my hands as the 369 controller. (Especially, a game like Demon's Souls where I felt the need to hold the shield in front of my character at all times.)

Also I got no desire to see Sony profit on this game... Not after they bailed on the first one.

From Software has programed a number of games for the 360... I'm not even worried by it.[/QUOTE]

I don't get how you think Sony bailed on the first one. Sony really didn't have anything to do with it.

But anyways, bonuses or no bonuses, I'm pumped for this game. I already have it paid in full, as well as the hard back guided paid for in full. Demon's Souls is in my top 3 games of all time. I just recently completed my 5th playthrough! Can't wait for October 4th!

[quote name='zethca']So is there anyway to get all the stuff in the pic in the OP. The guide/artbook etc? Or has it been cancelled/downgraded?

Guess I'll just do the Amazon auto-CE upgrade thing if there's nothing better. (This is my most anticipated game of the year and DS is my favorite game of all time)[/QUOTE]

Looks like the strat guide has been nerfed. The digital guide will probably be very basic.

Anybody have a link to the strategy guide coming out by the guy who did Fallout and Dragon Age? Maybe I can get that in Hard Cover.

Can somone put the updated contents of the CE here? I am looking at the "preparetodie" site, but I do not see where the contents are detailed (only a link to preorder).

PS3 for me for sure. JRPG type games just do better on PS3, just because I think the fanbase on PS3 is a bit more mature and carried over from PSX/PS2 days.

For instance cross-platforms that released at the same time

FF13 4.68M for PS3 and 1.81M for 360.
Catherine .33M for PS3 and .11M for 360
Resonance of Fate .54M for PS3 and .25M for 360

Also judging by the gamefaqs boards, theres 34 pages on the PS3 msg boards and 4 pages on the 360. Just think the popularity of DS on PS3 will carry over and stay on PS3 for DkS.

I'd much rather play with a bigger more mature community that is familiar with the first game, instead of a bunch of raging teenagers.

[quote name='Strife025']
I'd much rather play with a bigger more mature community that is familiar with the first game, instead of a bunch of raging teenagers.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much.

[quote name='slowdive21']Can somone put the updated contents of the CE here? I am looking at the "preparetodie" site, but I do not see where the contents are detailed (only a link to preorder).[/QUOTE]
go to the link to preorder and it details it there.

• Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011 *The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.

[quote name='warpedsoul']I don't get how you think Sony bailed on the first one. Sony really didn't have anything to do with it.[/QUOTE]Ah, they were the original publishers so they have quite a bit to do with it.

Anyhow, they decided that the rest of the world couldn't handle its difficulty so they passed on publishing it elsewhere. Which delayed both NA and European releases, which isn't horribly bad, but if Atlus and/or Namco Bandi hadn't both picked it up then From Software would have been out ALOT of money. The type of money that can change a studio for the better.

Oh and then Sony wouldn't give up the naming rights to Demon's Souls so we don't get a proper sequel... (Will it be this generation or the next generation before they farm a sequel out to some ill fitting/unqualified studio to make a sequel?)

Collector's Edition talk....

I won't pretend to say I'm not disappointed, at this point I wish Atlus had the rights to Dark Souls as I know they wouldn't be screwing us over with this downgraded crap, but I'm still not going to cancel...

Got to wonder if Namco won't try to pull off the metal tin case as downloadable too... :lol:

[quote name='Strife025']PS3 for me for sure. JRPG type games just do better on PS3, just because I think the fanbase on PS3 is a bit more mature and carried over from PSX/PS2 days.

For instance cross-platforms that released at the same time

FF13 4.68M for PS3 and 1.81M for 360.
Catherine .33M for PS3 and .11M for 360
Resonance of Fate .54M for PS3 and .25M for 360

Also judging by the gamefaqs boards, theres 34 pages on the PS3 msg boards and 4 pages on the 360. Just think the popularity of DS on PS3 will carry over and stay on PS3 for DkS.

I'd much rather play with a bigger more mature community that is familiar with the first game, instead of a bunch of raging teenagers.[/QUOTE]

Are you looking at figures in just the US or worldwide? Because that makes a serious difference. Japan hates the 360, so any games that are RPG crossplatform releases would increase PS3 sales a ton just from Japan alone.

And also, I don't think "raging teenagers" and other whiny kids would be interested at all in this game. One, it's not a first person shooter, so all their "friends" wouldn't be getting it, therefore no peer pressure to get the game.

Second, I havent seen that much marketing done for this game, like side banners or commercials, just the trailers. I can't speak for everyone, but I only paid attention to trailers for games I'm interested in, so only players that are legitimately interested would be informed that this game is coming out.

While I agree with you that the PS3 community would be better to "play with" (through the hints system) in this situation due to their experience from the previous game, don't belittle the genuinely interested 360 players by calling them "raging teenagers". You also cant really hear them rage anyways, I mean who's going to take the time to type in "aarrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh" into a hint? That's just retarded. Now penis jokes and trollls on the other hand, that I could see being a problem on XBL.

[quote name='Crazyglitcher'] I mean who's going to take the time to type in "aarrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh" into a hint? That's just retarded. [/QUOTE]

Sounds like the typical 360 user to me. :p

All jokes aside, I wonder how this game will do on the 360 here. It's got a much larger base but it seems like niche games don't do all that well on the system.

[quote name='Vinny']Sounds like the typical 360 user to me. :p

All jokes aside, I wonder how this game will do on the 360 here. It's got a much larger base but it seems like niche games don't do all that well on the system.[/QUOTE]

Loved demon souls and will buy Dark souls on the xbox along with my friends..Party chat/XBL >Psn any day!!!..Although,when ever I played with someone on demon souls they were always very friendly/helpful..xbox..Guess I'll see,lol.

Rumor is that party chat may be disabled for this on Live. I somehow doubt it but it would be nice to keep with the atmosphere From has created.

People asking for a picture of the CE: Isn't it up on PrepareToDie? I'm seeing what looks like the game, sleeve, art book, and code card.

shit man, after reading so many bad comments and negative attitude towards this game im seriously considering canceling my order, not only on this site but almost in every site people that played the game at gamescom and E3 are saying it plays nothing like demons souls.....im at a lost o_O.. other say is just a rehash of demons souls....

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']shit man, after reading so many bad comments and negative attitude towards this game im seriously considering canceling my order, not only on this site but almost in every site people that played the game at gamescom and E3 are saying it plays nothing like demons souls.....im at a lost o_O.. other say is just a rehash of demons souls....[/QUOTE]

I'd gladly take a rehash of Demon's Souls with new environments, weapons and enemies...but only for like $20.

I canceled my pre-order last month and have been on the fence. Guess I'll just wait for the official reviews before deciding to buy it at all, but I'm definitely not spending $60 on it right now.

Seriously? This game is going to get 9+ review scores across the board. I haven't read any negative comments from those who've played it (in any state). As for it playing nothing like Demon's Souls: I don't know if that's a typo or what, it's pretty much the same combat system with a few tweaks (for the better) so the gameplay is going nearly identical besides the new abilities, attacks, items, systems, etc.

it's a shame you guys missed out on its predecessor, demon's souls. it's easily game of this generation

from everything revealed so far, dark souls will only top demon's souls for the throne

Yea whoever said DK doesn't play like DS, I don't buy it. I've read a lot of previews and impressions from gamescon and this is the first time I've heard that!

like many of you i was worried that Dark Souls wasn't gonna live up to the legacy of Demon's Souls, especially based on reactions of people who played the demo at E3.

Then today I read this article written 4 days ago by someone who just recently got to play the complete version of the game, and now I am convinced on buying it day one :)

warning: MAJOR gameplay spoilers (written not visual), so if you want to be completely surprised the first time you play it, then don't read it...but if you are on the fence and need some convincing, then check out the article.

http://www.psu.com/Dark-Souls-hands-on-preview--a012815-p0.php

Glad we get the metal case and physical artbook, but still bummed about not getting a physical mini-guide. Mainly cuz the pictures show a physical guide and then have a notation that it is digital. Either way, can't wait for this to come out. Only a few more weeks!

demons souls was a really good game. one of the best of that year. im definitely getting dark souls... when its $30. i have a feeling it'll get there quickl

Played on PS3 when Demon's Souls released... loved the game

now I wanna jump for the 360 version for Achievos but I hope someone has a pre order deal like newegg did since I missed it :( its a steal at $50 for CE

if you see a pre order deal on Dark Souls PLEASE POST IT!!!

I can't wait for this title. I'm currently about to start playthrough 3 on demons souls and I'm curious to see what all this next title will throw at me. I've always loved From Software their atmosphere they set with their titles and flair they pull it off with is second to none in my book.

The servers are gonna go down after dark souls is released, so now is a good time to grab demon souls and try it out if you want to experience some online gameplay

[quote name='CaoPi']The servers are gonna go down after dark souls is released, so now is a good time to grab demon souls and try it out if you want to experience some online gameplay[/QUOTE]

Definitely, Kinda makes me sad I got so discouraged when i bought it at launch and it took me so long to muster up the courage to officially give the game a try and stick with it.
The same will not happen with this title though. I've personally seen how this title pays off if you don't give up. Oct 4th can't get here fast enough.

i keep waiting for some kinda deal if im gonna order this. I want the collectors edition but missed the earlier sale. Anyone think there will be a sale before it comes out, or should i just bite the bullet and pre order now?

Id actually rather wait for it to release then get it, but im assuming i wont get the collectors edition if I do that? Is it REALLY just pre-orders, or is it all first print runs? (ala catherine)

You know.. I actually just checked and the amazon link doesn't mention ANYTHING bout the CE anymore.. is it too late to get the CE upgrade? If so theres no point at all in ordering now. I want the art book and other swag in the first post. Looking at the ps3 version through the link doesn't show squat

[quote name='Kenshindono']You know.. I actually just checked and the amazon link doesn't mention ANYTHING bout the CE anymore.. is it too late to get the CE upgrade? If so theres no point at all in ordering now. I want the art book and other swag in the first post. Looking at the ps3 version through the link doesn't show squat[/QUOTE]

It's still listed on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Souls-Co...ZQJO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316692504&sr=8-1

Has anyone confirmed this whole "metal case" upgrade? Is it a tin similar to what Halo 3's LE came in (big, bulky) or an actual steelbook case, similar to the size of a regular DVD/Blu-ray?

[quote name='SynGamer']Has anyone confirmed this whole "metal case" upgrade? Is it a tin similar to what Halo 3's LE came in (big, bulky) or an actual steelbook case, similar to the size of a regular DVD/Blu-ray?[/QUOTE]
Extent of what we know currently is what is listed on the website "Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve" assuming you can trust that to be correct since they still picture physical stuff that is now digital in the preorder section.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Extent of what we know currently is what is listed on the website "Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve" assuming you can trust that to be correct since they still picture physical stuff that is now digital in the preorder section.[/QUOTE]
See, if this were Atlus we'd have an unboxing video by now in smell-o-vision.

So apparently if you get the game before the official release date you are continuously hunted by a monster who is unstoppable and unkillable, now that is awesome.

[quote name='Kaiser499']So apparently if you get the game before the official release date you are continuously hunted by a monster who is unstoppable and unkillable, now that is awesome.[/QUOTE]
is that uncle sam?

[quote name='Kaiser499']So apparently if you get the game before the official release date you are continuously hunted by a monster who is unstoppable and unkillable, now that is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Well they've thought of everything haven't they?...Oh wait, everything but a PHYSICAL STRATEGY GUIDE!!!

bread's done
Back