Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
Currently in stock at Gamestop.com. Online only.

PS3

Xbox 360

Collectors Editions are presently in shortage at both online and b&m stores. Your best options for grabbing a CE:

You can try calling Gamestop, Walmart, or BestBuy and see if they have any extras beyond the pre-order batch. Make sure to see if they are doing a midnight launch. If not, go first thing in the morning

Stores that will NOT have CEs at all:

Target - $10 gift card with purchase
K-Mart/Sears - $20 gamer coupon with purchase
Newegg - Confirmed to be shipping out regular editions but is giving a $20 coupon in compensation

ATTN AMAZON BUYERS:
If you had preordered with release day shipping but the expected delivery date is anything later than 10/4/11, it would be in your best interest to contact Amazon CS and complain :p

While supplies last
- receive a FREE upgrade to the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls when you pre-order the Standard Edition at no extra cost.

Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed metal case with protective sleeve, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a mini-strategy guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011

*The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.
SOURCE:

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

DarkSouls_LimitedEdition_PS3.jpg

Amazon Bonus Offer:

Pre-order Dark Souls and trade-in any video game between September 22nd and October 3rd, and get a $5.00 gift card.

NOTE: Both PS3 CE and 360 CE lately show as out of stock

NOTE2: The product info for both CE and regular pages almost look the same

PS3 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZQJO

PS3 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5EO

Xbox360 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZR4I

Xbox360 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5DU

Last edited by a moderator:
I can not freaking wait for this now...its amazing. I loved Demon Souls...mostly because when I play games now I can blaze right through them maybe dying once or twice...I love a good challenge. MSRP, shut up and take my Amazon Credit : P

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Well they've thought of everything haven't they?...Oh wait, everything but a PHYSICAL STRATEGY GUIDE!!![/QUOTE]

You can thank Namco for that.

[quote name='CaoPi']The servers are gonna go down after dark souls is released, so now is a good time to grab demon souls and try it out if you want to experience some online gameplay[/QUOTE]

Not anymore Atlus announced they will support them into 2012.

[quote name='blissskr']Not anymore Atlus announced they will support them into 2012.[/QUOTE]

Fantastic news! That takes a lot of pressure off me now. I've been trying to punch through a few games to get to Demon's Souls before they shut off the servers. Now I don't have to worry about that anymore :)

I dunno if this has been pointed out already, but the KmartGamer thread currently lists Dark Souls as coming with a $20 gaming coupon.

Is the Collector's Edition going to be a bonus for the first printing of the game everywhere? By that I mean will Kmart also have the Collector's Edition if I buy it there?

[quote name='Camwi']I dunno if this has been pointed out already, but the KmartGamer thread currently lists Dark Souls as coming with a $20 gaming coupon.

Is the Collector's Edition going to be a bonus for the first printing of the game everywhere? By that I mean will Kmart also have the Collector's Edition if I buy it there?[/QUOTE]

I am going to guess that they wont seeing as on the game's website it shows that you only get it from preordering at walmart, best buy, amazon, and gamestop. They may have it though, just going off what I see on their website.

I see what you mean. I guess I'll try asking SHC-Gamer for some kind of confirmation on that.

[quote name='MoxManiac_']I bet Scamco will be a lot more stingy about keeping the Dark Souls servers up for a long time.[/QUOTE]

They're switching to P2P instead of servers to avoid that issue.

[quote name='Camwi']I dunno if this has been pointed out already, but the KmartGamer thread currently lists Dark Souls as coming with a $20 gaming coupon.

Is the Collector's Edition going to be a bonus for the first printing of the game everywhere? By that I mean will Kmart also have the Collector's Edition if I buy it there?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, Josh or stock boy has confirmed multiple times in the KMart thread. that no, KMart will not be getting the Collector's Edition.

[quote name='dchrisd']Unfortunately, Josh or stock boy has confirmed multiple times in the KMart thread. that no, KMart will not be getting the Collector's Edition.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just bothered him with the same question. Tough choice though with that $20 coupon.

[quote name='AukeySeven']I just added release day shipping for $1 on amazon pre-order. When I first pre-ordered they didn't have that option.[/QUOTE]

Great reminder. Did that as well!

[quote name='AukeySeven']I just added release day shipping for $1 on amazon pre-order. When I first pre-ordered they didn't have that option.[/QUOTE]

they actually had free release day shipping available for free off and on over the past couple months.

Who cares about the limited edition when you can get the Hardcover guide for under 20 bucks. I was so in for this game until they hooked a million fans and threw em back with the change in the LE extras. I'm going the K-Mart 20 route.

Hahaha, complaining about free extras in a collectors edition that is free and only available for preorder.

Why don't you dudebros just rent it since you're probably just trying to play through the game in time to trade it in for max credit.

Hmm I'm torn, I've had it pre-ordered on Amazon for awhile for $58 (-$3 GB discount and + 99c for RDS) but don't really care about the CE.

But I guess factor in tax + gas $ + the GC cycle you'd start (+ your time), it would only be a few bucks more to get the CE from Amazon, plus the extra $5 GC if you wanna trade in something.

Wonder how much I could get selling the CE contents on ebay? enough to make Amazon the better choice. But if your stuck in the Kmart GC cycle you might as well and/or have one really close.

well, not going to pre-order until PS3 vs XBOX reviews come out. I prefer my games on Xbox, unless it's technically or graphically superior on PS3.

Given that PS3 is the lead platform and Xbox is the port, might be a PS3 pick up for me. We'll see.

Oh, and could care less about this collector's edition stuff. would rather have $20 Amazon credit with pre-order.

There are many reasons why them changing the contents changed peoples minds to preorder it.

1. It is like someone saying they are selling a xbox 360 and it turns out to be a xbox. I love the original xbox but they put the idea in your head and you were super excited.

2. 95% of the games drop so fast these days within a month this will be on sale for $30 in no time even if it owns.

3. To many good games coming out in oct and nov people have to be extra picky what they buy.

This leads me to factor #4

4. We all know the holidays are coming and you need to save up for xmas gifts and thanksgiving and halloween isnt as bad but still. So most people need to get stingy on what they buy.

I know these reasons will get trolls to reply but stop picking on people for deciding not to get this right away. I love to get this myself but i rather spend $20-$30 more for the previous content one they said was going to be the CE. They should of just made a real CE with what they said before and a LE for a lower package one. I think more people would drop $20-30 extra for the CE original contents like myself.

I got like 10 games preordered that come out in oct and nov. I am on and off the fence about leaving this preorder active. I know most likely this game will own but the digital contents is a waste for me and i will not even bother with them. The art books are meh to me cause it just gets stored after looking at it once and not again. The steel tin is the only reason i want this CE. I prefer some preorder dlc over the other digital and art book.

Oh well back to putting my ice pad on my cracked tooth.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']There are many reasons why them changing the contents changed peoples minds to preorder it.

1. It is like someone saying they are selling a xbox 360 and it turns out to be a xbox. I love the original xbox but they put the idea in your head and you were super excited.

2. 95% of the games drop so fast these days within a month this will be on sale for $30 in no time even if it owns.

3. To many good games coming out in oct and nov people have to be extra picky what they buy.

4. We all know the holidays are coming and you need to save up for xmas gifts and thanksgiving and halloween isnt as bad but still. So most people need to get stingy on what they buy.

I know these reasons will get trolls to reply but stop picking on people for deciding not to get this right away. I love to get this myself but i rather spend $20-$30 more for the previous content one they said was going to be the CE. They should of just made a real CE with what they said before and a LE for a lower package one. I think more people would drop $20-30 extra for the CE original contents like myself.

I got like 10 games preordered that come out in oct and nov. I am on and off the fence about leaving this preorder active. I know most likely this game will own but the digital contents is a waste for me and i will not even bother with them. The art books are meh to me cause it just gets stored after looking at it once and not again. The steel tin is the only reason i want this CE. I prefer some preorder dlc over the other digital and art book.

Oh well back to putting my ice pad on my cracked tooth.[/QUOTE]

Yup I agree with you on all those points. Im currently on the fence with this aswell. I feel bad because Demons Souls is one of my favorite games of this generation... but Batman is more important, Uncharted is, Skyrim is, Zelda is too.... There are just such heavy hitting games coming out that I cant really justify spending on Dark Souls Right now. Even though Id love the collectors, Ill just wait it out.

If it did come with the physical stuff, then its a no brainer, but yes, downloadable Digital junk serves me no purpose what so ever. Maybe I could sell it, but then id have an incomplete collectors edition that im sure I could get on Ebay in March 2012 for half price.

The Demons Souls Collectors was limited and for PS3 only, I think thats why its always been pretty Hot, plus no one knew what Demons Souls was. This time it will be more widespread, just like the Castlevania :Lords of Shadow "Limited Edition" That you see everywhere now for 30-40 bucks.(which is a great LE though and a great game!)

Not like I have time to play Dark Souls Before Batman hits... please, it would be collecting serious dust anyway.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']There are many reasons why them changing the contents changed peoples minds to preorder it.

Oh well back to putting my ice pad on my cracked tooth.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on points 2, 3, and 4, but that 360 and xbox analogy is terrible lol. The fact that they decided to go digital with the mini guide and soundtrack isn't as extreme. And since you would be willing to drop $20 extra for something physical, there is the nifty hardcover CE guide that's coming out, just get that and wait for the game price to drop if it bothers you that much.

[quote name='doppelgangerknight']It's still listed on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Souls-Co...ZQJO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316692504&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

ya.. that shows the xbox version. This is weird. Whats going on with the CE pre-order?

If i look on amazon i see 2 versions for the PS3
http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Souls-Pl..._2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1316828748&sr=1-2

that one which is the regular version and no longer mentions a free upgrade to the collectors edition

and this version which is the collectors edition:
http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Souls-Co..._3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1316828748&sr=1-3

but just shows that its for the xbox and doens't even let you order it. Theres no add to cart option, just a 'notify me when available' tab

What the hell? I was going to just put a pre-order in and worry about shopping around for a better price later but it doesn't seem like i CAN for the CE. Anyone know whats going on? Yeesh, i may have to just pre-order at friggin Gamestop

[quote name='Kaiser499']So apparently if you get the game before the official release date you are continuously hunted by a monster who is unstoppable and unkillable, now that is awesome.[/QUOTE]

thats all kinds of awesome!

*edit* just read the last page and about them gimping the original announced CE.. hmm is that why its pulled? Strange. Not even sure if i want it now. What does it even come with now.. just an artbook? Doe we even still get the steel case?

[quote name='PlayerXXX']well, not going to pre-order until PS3 vs XBOX reviews come out. I prefer my games on Xbox, unless it's technically or graphically superior on PS3.

Given that PS3 is the lead platform and Xbox is the port, might be a PS3 pick up for me. We'll see.

Oh, and could care less about this collector's edition stuff. would rather have $20 Amazon credit with pre-order.[/QUOTE]

I was in a similar mindset so I went digging around online a week ago. A reviewer asked Namco at E3 what concessions were made for the 360 version. They said they had to compress the visuals to fit it onto one disc. Between that and the PS3 lead sku status I'd say PS3 is probably going to have the edge.

Also keep in mind that this game is NOT releasing on 360 in Japan, and I can't find any info on who is doing the localization for the NA and EU markets. There is a chance that From Software is in no way involved in the 360 version.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Yup I agree with you on all those points. Im currently on the fence with this aswell. I feel bad because Demons Souls is one of my favorite games of this generation... but Batman is more important, Uncharted is, Skyrim is, Zelda is too.... There are just such heavy hitting games coming out that I cant really justify spending on Dark Souls Right now. Even though Id love the collectors, Ill just wait it out.

If it did come with the physical stuff, then its a no brainer, but yes, downloadable Digital junk serves me no purpose what so ever. Maybe I could sell it, but then id have an incomplete collectors edition that im sure I could get on Ebay in March 2012 for half price.

The Demons Souls Collectors was limited and for PS3 only, I think thats why its always been pretty Hot, plus no one knew what Demons Souls was. This time it will be more widespread, just like the Castlevania :Lords of Shadow "Limited Edition" That you see everywhere now for 30-40 bucks.(which is a great LE though and a great game!)

Not like I have time to play Dark Souls Before Batman hits... please, it would be collecting serious dust anyway.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Too many great games on backlog like Gears 3, Resistance 3, SotD, Rage, Skyrim, etc. And I do have a concern about Dark Souls; it sounds like they made the difficulty through the roof. I'd rather not bash my head against the wall repeatedly due to the frustration. One reviewer said it took him 3 hours to conquer the first boss at the top of the tower . . . which sounds a bit overdone. He was only able to kill the boss at the very last moment, before dying himself.

I love the style, artwork, atmosphere, music, everything else about Demon's Souls, but it sounds like Dark Souls just ratchets it up a bit too much . . . and I certainly don't want to die for hours to take down one boss. I'm not "bad" at games, but I'd rather have some balance to the difficulty, personally.

I doubt they're gone. I'm guessing these will be overstocked at B&M stores. There's no way they can predict exactly how many copies they'll need to fulfill all preorders- all first shipments will likely be CEs.

[quote name='Vinny']I doubt they're gone. I'm guessing these will be overstocked at B&M stores. There's no way they can predict exactly how many copies they'll need to fulfill all preorders- all first shipments will likely be CEs.[/QUOTE]

They have vanilla copies to ship out you know, it's been confirmed.

[quote name='ssjmichael']newegg still has the CE: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&Depa=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=dark%20souls%20collectors%20edition&IsRelated=1&cm_sp=KeywordRelated-_-dark_souls-_-dark%20souls%20collectors%20edition[/QUOTE]

Search Results

We have found 0 items that match.

Search Tips

• Reduce the number of keywords used, or use more general words.
  • Remember to use the full name, not just an acronym.
  • Try one of the keyword suggestions that are displayed as you type in the main search input and then use the filters to narrow the results.

Doesn't look too promising. Edit: Corrected link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879253080

Really one the fence about 360 vs PS3. I played and beat the first but I am thinking about getting the next on 360. Anything that might make it a clear choice?

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Never used Newegg for preorders, do they charge you immediately or when it ships?.[/QUOTE]

They charge when it ships.

[quote name='gotdott']They have vanilla copies to ship out you know, it's been confirmed.[/QUOTE]

Oh really? Great... I can see a lot of people getting screwed then. This outta be fun.

[quote name='gotdott']I agree with you on points 2, 3, and 4, but that 360 and xbox analogy is terrible lol. The fact that they decided to go digital with the mini guide and soundtrack isn't as extreme. And since you would be willing to drop $20 extra for something physical, there is the nifty hardcover CE guide that's coming out, just get that and wait for the game price to drop if it bothers you that much.[/QUOTE]

I agree and disagree on the xbox 360 and turned out to be a xbox original just for the fact you thought they had a xbox 360 but it was a xbox original. I might of taken it overboard but i was in a rush. I see them still listing the contents in the photos at places with the physical items not digital. I know so many people that just look at photos of the product and buy without reading more into it.

I do think they should remove the physical guide and just put text saying you get a digital mini guide. It is to misleading and most of my friends had no clue until i told them. They canceled there orders and will wait for a price drop of $30-40 they said.

Also there is no worth while preorder dlc contents most of us do not care about so buying this used even later for $25-30 we still get the steel case and artbook. It could backfire like mass effect 2 CE but that had dlc everyone wanted.

This game will own i doubt it will just be ok. But i got a huge backlog and so many other games that come with cool exclusive preorder bonuses so those take priority.

I will keep my preorder around if i got enough cash i will for sure leave it going i want the steel case only. Has anyone seen the steel case yet all the photos show the plain one...

Was going to try to pre-order a second copy at gamestop, but they no longer have the collector's edition available for pre-order in the store. I pre-ordered my 1 copy about a week ago so hopefully I don't get screwed and get a regular edition.

[quote name='voltanis99']Was going to try to pre-order a second copy at gamestop, but they no longer have the collector's edition available for pre-order in the store. I pre-ordered my 1 copy about a week ago so hopefully I don't get screwed and get a regular edition.[/QUOTE]

I think i read awhile ago GS is doing something new you preorder it early you get extra stuff. If you wait to long it removes them for preorder. I guess they want to make it look like it is more important to go through them early.

I remember them doing this on me with 2 games 1 or 2 weeks before release they removed the bonus dlc stuff.

I had multiple copies pre-ordered hoping for some flip action, but ended up cancelling, thinking that the demand would be overestimated. Might have thought wrong there.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']Altho I mentioned that I cancelled my pre-order that was made some months ago, at the end it's still running, lingering about cancelling or not.

Anyway, I also found a video of what it seems the limited edition (CE?), still loading but thought it would be useful for those interested:

http://kokena.wordpress.com/2011/09/24/dark-souls-limited-edition-unboxing-ps3-xbox360/

The box seems pretty small.[/QUOTE]

Great vid. It is the superior EU version. Can't wait!

[quote name='chunlirocks']Great vid. It is the superior EU version. Can't wait![/QUOTE]
What do you mean by superior EU version? I'd rather have the metal case than the discs.

bread's done
Back