Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
Currently in stock at Gamestop.com. Online only.

PS3

Xbox 360

Collectors Editions are presently in shortage at both online and b&m stores. Your best options for grabbing a CE:

You can try calling Gamestop, Walmart, or BestBuy and see if they have any extras beyond the pre-order batch. Make sure to see if they are doing a midnight launch. If not, go first thing in the morning

Stores that will NOT have CEs at all:

Target - $10 gift card with purchase
K-Mart/Sears - $20 gamer coupon with purchase
Newegg - Confirmed to be shipping out regular editions but is giving a $20 coupon in compensation

ATTN AMAZON BUYERS:
If you had preordered with release day shipping but the expected delivery date is anything later than 10/4/11, it would be in your best interest to contact Amazon CS and complain :p

While supplies last
- receive a FREE upgrade to the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls when you pre-order the Standard Edition at no extra cost.

Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed metal case with protective sleeve, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a mini-strategy guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011

*The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.
SOURCE:

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

DarkSouls_LimitedEdition_PS3.jpg

Amazon Bonus Offer:

Pre-order Dark Souls and trade-in any video game between September 22nd and October 3rd, and get a $5.00 gift card.

NOTE: Both PS3 CE and 360 CE lately show as out of stock

NOTE2: The product info for both CE and regular pages almost look the same

PS3 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZQJO

PS3 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5EO

Xbox360 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZR4I

Xbox360 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5DU

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Velo214']i ordered through newegg and they said CE, what's with people saying they might not get CE now?[/QUOTE]

Newegg isn't on the list of retailers who are supposed to get the CE. That list includes Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, and Gamestop only. However, no one appears to really know whether Newegg is going to have the CE or not (and Newegg won't confirm CEs for any orders), so it seems to be up the air right now.

See: www.preparetodie.com for details.

[quote name='Japakneez']Frys isn't listed? Pic on their site looks like the ce[/QUOTE]

No Frys isn't listed, but no one seems to know whether these CEs will really be at the big four retailers only. Its very uncertain, but will be known by Tuesday or sooner I'm sure!

that's crazy. when i preordered on newegg a few months ago they had on the page that all pre orders would get free upgrades to CE. Im gonna be pissed if I just get the normal game. /actually i won't but still internet rage!

with all my backlog i might just see if i can cancel and ill get it when the price is low. demon souls is like max $20 now. hmmm

[quote name='CaoPi']Placed my order yesterday for this...Just got off my chat from Amazon rep with my broken typing, took a pic so if there's anything they owe me my money!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/QUOTE]

What money would they owe you? The $59.99 you paid knowing it's the regular edition, or the $59.99 you would have paid to get the CE? There is no difference in price so what difference would you expect to get back? That CS clearly has no clue about the specifics here and was basically just reading off the product pages. If you specifically ordered the standard version why would you expect anything else? I'm sure you'll milk the CSR team for as much as they can give you but if they're giving out free money like there's no tomorrow then I'm not going to hate. I wouldn't do it though knowing that I ordered the standard version.

[quote name='ssjmichael']What money would they owe you? The $59.99 you paid knowing it's the regular edition, or the $59.99 you would have paid to get the CE? There is no difference in price so what difference would you expect to get back? That CS clearly has no clue about the specifics here and was basically just reading off the product pages. If you specifically ordered the standard version why would you expect anything else? I'm sure you'll milk the CSR team for as much as they can give you but if they're giving out free money like there's no tomorrow then I'm not going to hate. I wouldn't do it though knowing that I ordered the standard version.[/QUOTE]

Never said anything about free money, but I never had problems with returns. Worst case I'll be returning it to amazon with the free shipping service if it's the standard. Now if you read the product's forum on amazon. Their CS reps are giving the same confirmation when chatting with those customers.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']I do have a pre order for the CE you dipshit, I just don't give a fuck you dumbass.[/QUOTE]

So then you just like to complain for no reason? Stop being a little school girl bitch and stfu.

[quote name='CaoPi']Placed my order yesterday for this...Just got off my chat from Amazon rep with my broken typing, took a pic so if there's anything they owe me my money!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/QUOTE]

...speaks the guy with a torrent program on his computer. How many games and song albums have you torrented through the years? Also, amazon reps dont know shit, they can barely speak english.

[quote name='ssjmichael']What money would they owe you? The $59.99 you paid knowing it's the regular edition, or the $59.99 you would have paid to get the CE? There is no difference in price so what difference would you expect to get back? That CS clearly has no clue about the specifics here and was basically just reading off the product pages. If you specifically ordered the standard version why would you expect anything else? I'm sure you'll milk the CSR team for as much as they can give you but if they're giving out free money like there's no tomorrow then I'm not going to hate. I wouldn't do it though knowing that I ordered the standard version.[/QUOTE]

He is thinking like smart people do. If they have the CE for sale then ship you a regular edition it is considered bait and switch and is illegal. To bad these days people are to dang lazy or do not care to do anything about companies doing this. This is why they do it more often these days and not a big deal cause why would they? They just say to return the item for refund and a bunch of those people will keep the item anyways cause of many reasons including to lazy to do it or just say whatever and move on.

It shocks me how everyone praises companies that do this bait and switch stuff. They blame the people that complain. You all know the people slamming the others also complain when it happens to something they care about.

I expect people to slam me for this post but i do not care at least i speak my mind and not someone that says one thing and does the other.:bouncy:

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']He is thinking like smart people do. If they have the CE for sale then ship you a regular edition it is considered bait and switch and is illegal. To bad these days people are to dang lazy or do not care to do anything about companies doing this. This is why they do it more often these days and not a big deal cause why would they? They just say to return the item for refund and a bunch of those people will keep the item anyways cause of many reasons including to lazy to do it or just say whatever and move on.

It shocks me how everyone praises companies that do this bait and switch stuff. They blame the people that complain. You all know the people slamming the others also complain when it happens to something they care about.

I expect people to slam me for this post but i do not care at least i speak my mind and not someone that says one thing and does the other.:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Are you hard of reading? He specifically said he ordered the Standard Edition. Where's the bait and switch? You do realize they have the regular version for sale right? He's the one expecting to get the CE even though he specifically ordered the version of the game that doesn't include that stuff. Relying on the word of some CSR across the world who has no clue about this product or the availability of the CE is absolutely stupid. This is 100% not a confirmation that standard edition orders will net you a CE

You seriously need to brush up on bait and switch before just throwing it out there as well.

[/QUOTE]

If you ordered yesterday that's long after the pre-order CE bonus was removed. Sure, you might luck out and think there is no risk because you can return it for free, but I'd avoid adding a frivolous return because it can count against you in the long run. It still costs Amazon to ship it to you and back.

[quote name='urallgyots']...speaks the guy with a torrent program on his computer. How many games and song albums have you torrented through the years? Also, amazon reps dont know shit, they can barely speak english.[/QUOTE]

Oh noez, a torrent program. I have one too and I buy my games and music. All you do is cry about not getting in on the 1 cent deal. There is a reason it got moved to the bragging forums and yet you are still quoting posts from that thread in the deals forum.

[quote name='urallgyots']...speaks the guy with a torrent program on his computer. How many games and song albums have you torrented through the years? Also, amazon reps dont know shit, they can barely speak english.[/QUOTE]

images

[quote name='JaylisJayP']According to some folks over at gamespot who have the game, the tin is awful. Lol.[/QUOTE]
Can you post the link? i have a second CE coming from Amazon and I've been looking for pics or videos of the US CE. I wanted to keep the second copy sealed, since I also have a new copy of Demon's Souls deluxe.

not sure if this helps but i just came from best buy (from nj) btw, and i managed to pre-order the CE. the person i talked to didn't know what i was talking about but he showed me this kiosk with the touch screen where you can pre-order stuff. so i looked for dark souls and it still says pre-order for collectors edition. hopefully come release day, i will have the CE. my pre-order receipt says CE btw. good luck guys!

So i go to walmart to pick up a few things and browse the game section to see if they might have put up a copy of dark souls and of course they didn't. But they had 2 copies or forza 4, i tried to buy 1 but the computer promptly denied me.

To paraphrase what others have said: The CE is complete garbage and not worth an ounce of your time or effort. LOL at throngs of people contacting customer service reps. News flash: They don't know shit

Futurepress guide (400 pages, hardbound, etc etc)>>>>>CE

BTW, the downloadable "mini guide" is essentially an ad for the full guide from Futurepress. The walkthrough covers one location (Undead Burg). And there's no Steelbook. It's a reflective sleeve over the standard game. Scamco... Pathetic.

That does sound pretty crappy! I think for most people it's about having the "best" version of this obviously great game, rather than whatever comes or doesn't come with it.

I had mine preordered for about as long as it was listed on amazon but cancelled it due to not knowing if I would have enough extra money for it come release, then ended up having some extra for it and ran into the current mess that's going on. Lesson learned: Save more money! lol

[quote name='zethca']To paraphrase what others have said: The CE is complete garbage and not worth an ounce of your time or effort. LOL at throngs of people contacting customer service reps. News flash: They don't know shit

BTW, the downloadable "mini guide" is essentially an ad for the full guide from Futurepress. The walkthrough covers one location (Undead Burg). And there's no Steelbook. It's a reflective sleeve over the standard game. Scamco... Pathetic.[/QUOTE]

cool_story_bro.png

[quote name='JaylisJayP']According to some folks over at gamespot who have the game, the tin is awful. Lol.[/QUOTE]

Pics or it didn't happen!

[quote name='salty tbone']Congrats. Not sure why, but I'm happy you changed your mind after weeks of telling us you weren't buying it at launch.
[/QUOTE]

Oh, Chimpmeister. :roll: When will you learn?

According to people at gamespot, the tin is made out of gold :wall:

[quote name='eastx']Oh, Chimpmeister. :roll: When will you learn?[/QUOTE]

Learn what? Flipping the CEs should be very lucrative . . . and if not, I just return them. My backlog is far too large to get to this soon, and I don't care about the online play at all. The CEs go up, I win . . . they don't, I just return or resell them. What is there for you to learn about that? :lol:

[quote name='zethca']And there's no Steelbook. It's a reflective sleeve over the standard game.[/QUOTE]

And yet you still provide no proof.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Learn what? Flipping the CEs should be very lucrative . . . and if not, I just return them. My backlog is far too large to get to this soon, and I don't care about the online play at all. The CEs go up, I win . . . they don't, I just return or resell them. What is there for you to learn about that? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I can assure you this "CE" will go down in price. I have seen the future. It's blatantly obvious to anyone with a brain cell.

[quote name='joshnorm']That looks similar to what the states are supposed to get....[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that IS what we are getting. It has the ESRB rating, which is for North America. Maybe this will get people to stop saying it only comes in a reflective plastic sleeve, which is how the UK version comes packaged. It looks like both sides were right since the site shows a plastic sleeve and tin.

Also, here is a bigger pic of the tin by itself from that site. It shows up on my mobile phone, but not on my computer for some reason. I guess it wasn't coded correctly in the page.

tin_back.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
People who are complaining about the CE being crap are just jealous that there are people out there that can afford spending a lot of money on things like this. I put up my copy of the CE on amazon for $130 for the lulz and it sold 45 minutes later. I was pretty shocked but there are people out there with loads of cash. Who are you to tell them how to spend it?

Hmm, disappointing it's not a steelbook ... but I guess a tin is better than a sleeve. And it's better than paying the same price for the regular edition. I'll see if BB has the CE in stock Tuesday morning and then probably PM Frys. I was going to wait .. but if I can get the CE with the art book that might make it worth picking up.

[quote name='zethca']To paraphrase what others have said: The CE is complete garbage and not worth an ounce of your time or effort. LOL at throngs of people contacting customer service reps. News flash: They don't know shit

BTW, the downloadable "mini guide" is essentially an ad for the full guide from Futurepress. The walkthrough covers one location (Undead Burg). And there's no Steelbook. It's a reflective sleeve over the standard game. Scamco... Pathetic.[/QUOTE]

Yet another CAG feeling "entitled" they aren't charging any extra to upgrade to this SCAMCO as you put it.. If you don't like it, don't buy it... simple enough.

[quote name='Mad dog']I can assure you this "CE" will go down in price. I have seen the future. It's blatantly obvious to anyone with a brain cell.[/QUOTE]

Yes, we know. The game is really hard, which means people won't want it. It's blatantly obvious.

[quote name='barrit']Also, here is a bigger pic of the tin by itself from that site.[/QUOTE]
So I guess it really is a tin, but that doesn't look bad at all.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Guys, do I want the 360 or PS3 version? What are the differences? ie: multiple discs, etc?[/QUOTE]

No differences, other than the obvious console differences (controllers / achievements vs trophies) and a frame rate stutter rarely on the 360 version (from Kotaku reports). Other than for that, the games are supposedly identical. Same size, one disk, etc.

I'm leaning towards the 360 version since most of my friends play 360. Party chat *IS* confirmed to be disabled when playing Dark Souls, but I like achievements better. And the controller. Not to mention, the fact that the servers will be Microsoft run, which gives me hope that they'd be running longer.

So what is that tin thing exactly? It's not a steelbook/ironpack?

This may sound awful, but how do I cancel a preorder at BestBuy? I know it's a great game but I think I can hold off. I'm sort of a steelbook collector so that's why I preordered... please don't hate me canceling.

[quote name='SCDallas']So then you just like to complain for no reason? Stop being a little school girl bitch and stfu.[/QUOTE]

I like to complain because this is a free country you punk ass biatch.

[quote name='dejeckt']So what is that tin thing exactly? It's not a steelbook/ironpack?

This may sound awful, but how do I cancel a preorder at BestBuy? I know it's a great game but I think I can hold off. I'm sort of a steelbook collector so that's why I preordered... please don't hate me canceling.[/QUOTE]

really tempted t6o do the same now....

[quote name='dejeckt']So what is that tin thing exactly? It's not a steelbook/ironpack?

This may sound awful, but how do I cancel a preorder at BestBuy? I know it's a great game but I think I can hold off. I'm sort of a steelbook collector so that's why I preordered... please don't hate me canceling.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe some here were expecting a Steelbook case. They never mentioned a steelbook and if you're a Steelbook collector you'd know they don't make huge Steelbook slipcases. Pretty silly to expect one here.

[quote name='salty tbone']Yes, we know. The game is really hard, which means people won't want it. It's blatantly obvious.[/QUOTE]

I was talking about the collector's edition specifically. Since they offered a promotion in which everyone who pre-ordered was automatically upgraded to the "CE" that means there will be a lot more CEs floating around than would have otherwise been the case.

[quote name='Mad dog']I was talking about the collector's edition specifically. Since they offered a promotion in which everyone who pre-ordered was automatically upgraded to the "CE" that means there will be a lot more CEs floating around than would have otherwise been the case.[/QUOTE]

There will be plenty floating around but since it was limited to like 4 retailers it wont be that overproduced

bread's done
Back