Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
Currently in stock at Gamestop.com. Online only.

PS3

Xbox 360

Collectors Editions are presently in shortage at both online and b&m stores. Your best options for grabbing a CE:

You can try calling Gamestop, Walmart, or BestBuy and see if they have any extras beyond the pre-order batch. Make sure to see if they are doing a midnight launch. If not, go first thing in the morning

Stores that will NOT have CEs at all:

Target - $10 gift card with purchase
K-Mart/Sears - $20 gamer coupon with purchase
Newegg - Confirmed to be shipping out regular editions but is giving a $20 coupon in compensation

ATTN AMAZON BUYERS:
If you had preordered with release day shipping but the expected delivery date is anything later than 10/4/11, it would be in your best interest to contact Amazon CS and complain :p

While supplies last
- receive a FREE upgrade to the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls when you pre-order the Standard Edition at no extra cost.

Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed metal case with protective sleeve, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a mini-strategy guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011

*The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.
SOURCE:

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

DarkSouls_LimitedEdition_PS3.jpg

Amazon Bonus Offer:

Pre-order Dark Souls and trade-in any video game between September 22nd and October 3rd, and get a $5.00 gift card.

NOTE: Both PS3 CE and 360 CE lately show as out of stock

NOTE2: The product info for both CE and regular pages almost look the same

PS3 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZQJO

PS3 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5EO

Xbox360 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZR4I

Xbox360 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5DU

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is still shipping soon to. It looks like it isn't going to ship today. I really wanted to get this by tomorrow.

[quote name='Jodou']Yikes, not even standard copies or are they preparing for the worst when some people don't get a CE. I've never heard of Amazon being shorted on anything, so this would be a first.[/QUOTE]

You know I am mixed here as well... I mentioned in one of these threads my local hometown Gamestop claims he had 89 preorders for this.. I find that really hard to believe as we have maybe 7-9 gamestops just 15 miles in either direction near bigger cities... but if that is true than that is probably an indication of the sales this will get.

I should be getting a call from amazon in a few with some certain information. I got an american rep that was currently discussing the issue with a warehouse analyst. My order from gamestop.com shipped with a weight of 1.10 lbs. Should be the collectors edition since they upgraded to UPS as opposed USPS that they usually do.

Well my Best Buys got 0 in. They called around to 3 others who were also clueless on the situation.

So CE for me and I will wait it out. Still kind of pisst

[quote name='joker______']got screwed at best buy even though I preordered months back they got standards in and they tried to to give me a $20 gift card or my trouble, F that.[/QUOTE]
Why not take them up on the GC then return the game to another BB and you have yourself a free $20 GC?

[quote name='eau']Did your 1.4 lb shipment come in a box? I hope it isn't some bullshit bubble mailer.[/QUOTE]
At this point I'd take mine wrapped in tin foil so long as they ship me one lol. I just got an email alert on my phone and of course it wasn't a shipping notice, so I'm still on edge. I'd be disappointed if I don't get one, but for some reason this is rather exhilarating.[quote name='wrencrest']Why not take them up on the GC then return the game to another BB and you have yourself a free $20 GC?[/QUOTE]My BB offered to straight up take $20 off my game and I'm sort of inclined to take it because if I do get one from Amazon, I'm not sure I'll open it given the extreme rarity of it.

I am really shocked that all these Best Buys are giving $20 gift cards or $20 off for the hassle.

I got told to go fuck myself its not in the system

My amazon order has been in "shipping soon" for like 24 hours lol. I don't care when I get it, no game NEEDS to be played on release day, I got plenty to do, but if it doesnt come today I'll happily call and demand some sort of compensation since i pay for prime for free release date delivery

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']My amazon order has been in "shipping soon" for like 24 hours lol. I don't care when I get it, no game NEEDS to be played on release day, I got plenty to do, but if it doesnt come today I'll happily call and demand some sort of compensation since i pay for prime for free release date delivery[/QUOTE]
Good luck, they keep telling me lies about 2-day shipping and how sorry they are, but no compensation.

[quote name='joshnorm']I am really shocked that all these Best Buys are giving $20 gift cards or $20 off for the hassle.

I got told to go fuck myself its not in the system[/QUOTE]

An official memo went out ... BUT .. it was sent to the folks who manage the games section, not a storewide memo. So if you're gaming folks weren't in the store yet, the other BB service desk people wouldn't know about it. Might be worth going back a bit later if you still want the $20 gc with purchase.

[quote name='wrencrest']Why not take them up on the GC then return the game to another BB and you have yourself a free $20 GC?[/QUOTE]

I've tried that before but they would ask for the gift card as well upon return

I just talked to Amazon CS and even though my order is at not yet shipped he assured me I would get it today. Not likely =( Oh well when I don't I'll start another chat and try to get credit. Amazon has never let me down before and that is only reason I paid for prime. Luckily I did get one from Gamestop but it has a bunch of sticker goo on it (gross). Oh well it could be worse.

[quote name='etcrane']An official memo went out ... BUT .. it was sent to the folks who manage the games section, not a storewide memo. So if you're gaming folks weren't in the store yet, the other BB service desk people wouldn't know about it. Might be worth going back a bit later if you still want the $20 gc with purchase.[/QUOTE]

Yes I will take that in a heart beat. I was going to wait in out for the game to drop but if I get $20 gift card then I will go grab it.

I called to confirm and of course the guy in the gaming department knew nothing of it. SO I might be SOL since this is becoming a fucking headache

[quote name='grungygamer']UPS just arrived with my copy of Dark Souls. Luckily it was a Collector's edition.[/QUOTE]

Did your order specifically say CE before shipping out?

Got my order from Best Buy.com today...and it was a regular edition. Wasn't too happy about it. However, I tried going to a couple of Gamestops around town and one of them had a :360: Collector's Edition that was pre-ordered but then cancelled. Told them to hold it and would pick it up right away. Got the guide too.

Still on the lookout for a :ps3: collector's copy. If anyone has an extra who would want to trade for a :360: version, just hit me up. ;)

[quote name='monstericreated']Did your order specifically say CE before shipping out?[/QUOTE]

Yes it did. I guess that should have taken the mystery out of it.

I contacted Amazon customer support. I had release day delivery selected, but he acknowledged a delay and that my game would come within 3 days. He also gave me a 5$ credit, which I am planning to apply to Batman or Skyrim. An unfortunate inconvenience, but I am assuming that Dark Souls is selling more than anticipated. Normally that's a good thing, but when it causes delays that's another story. :)

Huh, I never thought I'd see the day when Best Buy proved worse than Gamestop. Three times today I called the GS where I reserved the CE: (1) To confirm that my preorder was available for pickup; (2) To confirm that the physical CE was tucked away for me to pick up and that it wouldn't be sold to anyone else (the GS employee sounded somewhat offended that I would even suggest such a thing); (3) To confirm that my preordered guide would be waiting for me also.

That GS totally deserves my business. :applause:

Just got the collectors edition at gamestop, sorry to hear that other retailers dont have yours instock guys, anyways the metal box is so shiny!

1.40 lbs package(Amazon RDD) and once the package was out for delivery, ups tracking updated saying the sender requested a hold for a future delivery date. UPS says it was amazon that did it, and amazon's reply is that there was a recall since apparently I was sent the regular edition:roll:, and that I would be receive the ce at a later date.

EDIT: just to add, it was the Xbox CE
EDIT2: OK, just received it a few minutes ago, CE and all

Okay, got my dark souls...

Was not the collectors edition as promised by CSR haha... and I raged and got 18 dollars refunded. So I scored Dark Souls with RDD for 41.99. Not too shabby. Im not as upset since the collectors edition is absolutely terrible.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Okay, got my dark souls...

Was not the collectors edition as promised by CSR haha... and I raged and got 18 dollars refunded. So I scored Dark Souls with RDD for 41.99. Not too shabby. Im not as upset since the collectors edition is absolutely terrible.[/QUOTE]

And you can just download half of it =P

Mine has a shipping weight of 2lb...I felt like everything was set in stone until I saw TPerry's post lol. I'm not too worried about it though.

My PS3 CE just came from amazon. Metal case dented up, top crushed, top half of inside insert to keep everything in place totally shattered into like 20 pieces. GG amazon, thx for the great packaging as always.

I got mine today from Amazon. I had previously pre-ordered the "normal" edition (only edition available) when I pre-ordered back in April or so. I noticed after E3 that Amazon added a listing for the CE for the same price. I changed my pre-order then to the CE to avoid any ambiguity.

I really want to play Dark Souls today but I don't really care THAT much about the CE, it was just nice to get it for the same price. If someone is willing to buy it off me for a pretty penny I might just go pick up the normal version.....decisions, decisions :(

[quote name='joshnorm']I am really shocked that all these Best Buys are giving $20 gift cards or $20 off for the hassle. [/QUOTE]

Me too, for it was never even mentioned to me. Guess I should have pitched a huge bitch-fit, huh? Oh well, not driving back there just for that.

[quote name='Ribkage']My PS3 CE just came from amazon. Metal case dented up, top crushed, top half of inside insert to keep everything in place totally shattered into like 20 pieces. GG amazon, thx for the great packaging as always.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps your fulfillment center/delivery man sucks? I've never had any issues with any Amazon delivery except for 1 200+ pound entertainment center from Canada and I order most everything from them.

My CE is in pristine condition.

[quote name='Jodou']fuck Namco, oversold my ass. FROM needs to be made aware, if they're not already, that their publisher failed to deliver. I hope they go out of business quite frankly.[/QUOTE]

Hope you mean Namco deserves to go out of business, not FROM. FROM made a kickass game (from what I've been hearing). It's Namco that crapped their pants on delivering. The only mistake FROM made was going with them over Atlus.

Preordered at bestbuy, took the day off to get there as soon as they opened.
After 1 hr of waiting, they said they couldn't find a single copy of the collectors edition out back. I am beyond frustrated... Bestbuy is sooo clueless. And I am out a collectors edition
:bomb:
fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='EncodedNybble']Perhaps your fulfillment center/delivery man sucks? I've never had any issues with any Amazon delivery except for 1 200+ pound entertainment center from Canada and I order most everything from them.

My CE is in pristine condition.[/QUOTE]

Honestly man, the actual brown box looked in great condition. Im gonna complain to amazon just in the off chance I get like 20 bucks off my next order or something since they have hands down the best cs in the business. I bent the metal case back into shape and I only care about the insert now and for maybe a couple days then mostly forget all about it. Im not a real collector so no big deal I guess.

This isnt my first issue with delivery from amazon. So it prolly is an issue with the delivery center. Its kinda funny, the way amazon packages games is the same way newegg does oem hard drives and Ive never gotten a bad one from them.

reading all these comments makes me worried.

talked to CSR of amazon, promised it's a CE and despite being still "shipping soon", she insist i will receive it today.

no CE/no delivery today = CSR heart to heart talk.

[quote name='hecaitomix']
talked to CSR of amazon, promised it's a CE and despite being still "shipping soon", she insist i will receive it today.[/QUOTE]

Amazon's CSRs are all in India, so to them today is what is yesterday to us, so our today would be tomorrow to them, which is why they are saying it is today. So you will receive your game tomorrow. Wait, I'm confused.

[quote name='morrodox']Hope you mean Namco deserves to go out of business, not FROM. FROM made a kickass game (from what I've been hearing). It's Namco that crapped their pants on delivering. The only mistake FROM made was going with them over Atlus.[/QUOTE]
FROM deserves a proper publisher; Namco deserves a good curb-stomping.

[quote name='hecaitomix']reading all these comments makes me worried.

talked to CSR of amazon, promised it's a CE and despite being still "shipping soon", she insist i will receive it today.

no CE/no delivery today = CSR heart to heart talk.[/QUOTE]

If it still hasn't shipped yet, yeah you're getting it tomorrow unless you're a stone's throw away from the distribution center.

Mine shipped late last night, (from NJ, I'm in CA) and it got here today no problems but it still spent a good 4-5 hours in the air.

Complain to the Amazon CS people, I do it all the time. They are usually more than willing to give money back. One game I ordered with Release Date Delivery that didn't come until a day later I got $20 back.

I managed to snag a 360 copy at gamestop...two guys behind me were kinda upset that I got the last extra they had, felt kinda bad.

I actually dont know if I'll hold onto it for long-i've got a ton in backlog, so if someone is super desperate and got a 360 vanilla version, lemme know and we may be able to work something out

[quote name='guardian_owl']Bonus points for re-enacting this at your local BB / Gamestop when they tell you they don't have the CE.
[/QUOTE]

Man, now I wanna watch Seinfeld. So, what would you guys do if you had the CE in great condition but really only care for the game?

Pick up the game at a local retailer on the way home and eBay the CE (going for $90-100 it seems) or just say f-it and keep the CE? What would a true CAG do? (We should make those rubber bracelets that say that)

[quote name='EncodedNybble']Perhaps your fulfillment center/delivery man sucks? I've never had any issues with any Amazon delivery except for 1 200+ pound entertainment center from Canada and I order most everything from them.

My CE is in pristine condition.[/QUOTE]

One time I ordered a cast iron grill pan and a baking sheet (along with a bunch of other stuff, just moved into a new apartment). Both got put into the same box, twice as large as it needed to be, with just one of those little plastic pillow things thrown into the box. I know UPS probably didn't help, but I never saw a baking sheet bend in half accidentally.

[quote name='Vigilante']Huh, I never thought I'd see the day when Best Buy proved worse than Gamestop. Three times today I called the GS where I reserved the CE: (1) To confirm that my preorder was available for pickup; (2) To confirm that the physical CE was tucked away for me to pick up and that it wouldn't be sold to anyone else (the GS employee sounded somewhat offended that I would even suggest such a thing); (3) To confirm that my preordered guide would be waiting for me also.

That GS totally deserves my business. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Really? You never thought you'd see the day where one crappy retailer was as crappy as another crappy retailer? Both can be pretty awful on a good day.
I hope everyone gets to enjoy some dark souls tonight regardless of which edition please try and chill out and enjoy one of the best games ever.

bread's done
Back