Dark Souls pre-orders- free upgrade to collector's edition

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
Currently in stock at Gamestop.com. Online only.

PS3

Xbox 360

Collectors Editions are presently in shortage at both online and b&m stores. Your best options for grabbing a CE:

You can try calling Gamestop, Walmart, or BestBuy and see if they have any extras beyond the pre-order batch. Make sure to see if they are doing a midnight launch. If not, go first thing in the morning

Stores that will NOT have CEs at all:

Target - $10 gift card with purchase
K-Mart/Sears - $20 gamer coupon with purchase
Newegg - Confirmed to be shipping out regular editions but is giving a $20 coupon in compensation

ATTN AMAZON BUYERS:
If you had preordered with release day shipping but the expected delivery date is anything later than 10/4/11, it would be in your best interest to contact Amazon CS and complain :p

While supplies last
- receive a FREE upgrade to the Collector's Edition of Dark Souls when you pre-order the Standard Edition at no extra cost.

Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed metal case with protective sleeve, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a mini-strategy guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.

Dark Souls Collector's Edition Includes:
  • Special Designed Metal Tin Case & Protective Sleeve
  • Dark Souls Game
  • Mini-Strategy Guide*
  • Custom Art Book
  • Original Game Soundtrack*
  • Behind-The-Scenes Videos*
In stores October 4, 2011

*The Mini-Strategy Guide, Original Game Soundtrack & Behind-The-Scenes Videos are provided for digital download via a uniquely redeemable online code printed on a specially marked card inside each Collector Edition box.
SOURCE:

http://preparetodie.com/en/preorder/

DarkSouls_LimitedEdition_PS3.jpg

Amazon Bonus Offer:

Pre-order Dark Souls and trade-in any video game between September 22nd and October 3rd, and get a $5.00 gift card.

NOTE: Both PS3 CE and 360 CE lately show as out of stock

NOTE2: The product info for both CE and regular pages almost look the same

PS3 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZQJO

PS3 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5EO

Xbox360 Collector's Edition $59.99 ASIN: B00542ZR4I

Xbox360 Regular $59.99 ASIN: B004NRN5DU

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine i figured i keep the preorder cause everyone was going bonkers over the CE. I wish it was a steel case for the game itself but oh well. The tape goo is all over the case and shocked for a new game it had that much problems with the sticker goo and i mean it is all over. I need to find something to remove it. The artwork on the case is nice as well.

Shipping weight was 1.40 and i preordered mid sept or something but i did release date delivery. They always give priority to people that do release date and have amazon prime. The people doing release date delivery without prime is behind the prime release date delivery. So keep this in mind in the future people. I learned this many years ago with stuff like this.

The game is alright so far. I do not have a clue how you are supposed to co op interact with this game... I see people joining me and leaving nonstop 1-2 secs later. I follow them but they just vanish... I had about 30 people so far that joins and vanish right in front of me. Is this a game bug or something? I never played demon souls but trailers for this and how people talked you would stick with them unless they get to far or something from you. They just vanish even when i am keeping up with them. It just odd 30 some people joined me and not one did anything with me and vanish while trying to follow them. I feel like i am in a ghost land and i only get a quick look and they vanish.

EDIT: Also you can join parties and what not it just disables interaction and online. I was not in a party or anything when people kept vanishing nonstop btw.

okay my Amazon copy (PS3) has arrived somewhere within my state but shows the 6th as delivery date.

I ordered in May when it showed in my Quick Picks Gold Box. There is NO mention of CE/LE Collector's/Limited Edition in any of the transaction emails from Amazon. I just have the initial order email and two emails about release date change.

I also changed the shipping to 2 days (from standard) yesterday so I am really worried there won't be any CE for me.

Can someone post a screenshot of their order where CE is shown? Also has anyone received a CE even though their order did not mention a CE version?

[quote name='Green Card200']My Amazon CE is now finally at shipping soon.[/QUOTE]

Dont get too excited, mine been at "Shipping Soon" for over 30 hours ;)

Has anyone heard if we'll be able to purchase the soundtrack separately? Other than being able to play on release day it's the only thing I felt ripped off on by not getting my CE.

Also you can not install the game to the HD! What is up with this?!?!?! I had lag a few times playing already and no way to install it to the HD? There goes more wear and tear from my drive... Anyone know a why to do it ghetto style or if they are doing a update so it lets you install to the HD...

It's also funny the banner ad on this page is offering a free upgrade to CE with your pre-order of Dark Souls. I love it! The suffering starts before I even get to play the game.

Awesome just got a text from Amazon (Their shipping update) and just said my 360 CE is shipped and on its way. I looked on my Amazon account and still says shipping soon, but I do notice the text/ship updates I get is actually when its scanned at UPS (Amazon usually sends the shipping notice email several hours later AFTER they shipped. I urge folks who dont have the Shipping/Trace notifications text sign up for it now under your account.

[quote name='Quicksilvers']The guy said that Best Buy basically got confused and ordered standard editions expecting them to be upgrade. http://skokie.patch.com/articles/best-buy-royally-screws-up-dark-souls-pre-order[/QUOTE]

Well that would certainly explain the BB directive to offer those $20 gift cards. I always thought it was odd that BB would take such a hit if it was just a publisher screw up. Now in light of this, it makes much more sense for them to be at fault and have to compensate like this.

[quote name='Xenogears']Referring to Newegg>>>>>

Just kidding. Newegg's $20 credit is a pretty good deal. They made up for their failure. Bestbuy and Namco, not so much.
[/QUOTE]

Seriously if you were one of those who were going to sell the CE then $20 from newegg is pretty good. I unloaded my extra copy for $99 on ebay. Little did I know how heavy this thing was so I had to use parcel post which was like 10 bucks with tracking. At the end of the day with fees, I only probably made about 18 dollar for my trouble.

so much for the Dark SOuls collectors edition hype, now this really will be a rare game and probably a worthy collectable, still contemplating if I should hold on the my Standard Edition of Dark Souls and $20 gift card, or just get a refund on the whole thing

[quote name='Xenogears'] Did you get it? :)

Just kidding. Newegg's $20 credit is a pretty good deal. They made up for their failure. Bestbuy and Namco, not so much.[/QUOTE]

I'd agree, barvo to Newegg. Not so much to Bestbuy. You're still forcing me to buy the product I didn't want in order to get compensated for your failures BB? Get the hell outta here.

I pre-ordered X. You are only offering me Y. Give me something like Newegg did, give me something to apologize for not giving me X.

Anyways, anyone know if I should order from any other place to tary to get it? Any other retailers selling it, that you don't need a pre-order for?

So I talked to Amazon rep again asking if they know when they will be able to ship mine. The rep told me that my order is being prepared to ship out of their facility today. They issued me another $5 promotional credit for the inconvenience. So they have given me total of $20 in credit. I do love dealing with Amazon customer service. Though Amazon did upset me a bit on this since I won't be playing the game I've been waiting for forever on the day it comes out but oh well I'm sleepy as hell so I'm sure I will not have enough energy to focus on it after the gym tonight.

PS: Does anyone know if the CE barcode is the same with the SE barcode on the game box itself? Or are they different?

Scanning through the thread:

Looks like Amazon shipments vary in weight from 1.1lb to 1.6lb.

1.1lb = dreaded bubble mailer
1.3lb
1.4lb
1.5lb
1.6lb has to be a big ass box

It'd be interesting to see what people got based on the weight reported by UPS.

Mine is 1.3 pounds and shipped out of the Amazon Indiana warehouse. Anyone else having trouble from that warehouse? Apparently mine had a label printed out and Amazon shows shipped, but UPS has no location scans on the overnight shipment.

Mine was shipped last night, but has been in Whitestown, IN since then with no tracking updates....

EDIT: that's funny, Karamsoul. I'm in the same boat as you, obviously

[quote name='DesertLeo']Mine was shipped last night, but has been in Whitestown, IN since then with no tracking updates....

EDIT: that's funny, Karamsoul. I'm in the same boat as you, obviously[/QUOTE]

Well, let's compare notes when we get updates, Leo. I'll keep you abreast of ANY updates that I get on my order, and you do the same for me. Scratching backs FTW.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']The game is alright so far. I do not have a clue how you are supposed to co op interact with this game... I see people joining me and leaving nonstop 1-2 secs later. I follow them but they just vanish... I had about 30 people so far that joins and vanish right in front of me. Is this a game bug or something? I never played demon souls but trailers for this and how people talked you would stick with them unless they get to far or something from you. They just vanish even when i am keeping up with them. It just odd 30 some people joined me and not one did anything with me and vanish while trying to follow them. I feel like i am in a ghost land and i only get a quick look and they vanish.
.[/QUOTE]

perhaps those were the ghosts of prior players? (previous players last moments show up when you are near where they died (at least in Demon's souls.)

I got mine from Amazon...preordered in May, and it's the CE. Big problem though. The slipcover was "taped" on to the tin with these super sticky round pieces of tape - top and bottom - and when I took them off there was HUGE amounts of gross residue stuck to the tin.

I'm afraid to try goo gone because it could wreck the paint and my mr. clean magic erasers aren't doing much...any ideas?

For those curious as to the Amazon shipping time, here was my shipment (release day delivery and got here on time)

October 4, 2011 10:30:00 AM San Francisco CA US Delivered
October 4, 2011 06:10:00 AM San Francisco CA US Out for delivery
October 4, 2011 05:30:00 AM Oakland CA US Departure Scan
October 4, 2011 03:52:00 AM Oakland CA US Arrival Scan
October 4, 2011 02:27:00 AM Louisville KY US Departure Scan
October 4, 2011 12:01:00 AM Louisville KY US Arrival Scan
October 3, 2011 10:25:00 PM Philadelphia PA US Departure Scan
October 3, 2011 09:17:00 PM Philadelphia PA US Arrival Scan
October 3, 2011 08:45:00 PM Lawnside NJ US Departure Scan
October 3, 2011 08:04:00 PM Lawnside NJ US Shipment received by carrier
October 3, 2011 06:39:44 PM US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

[quote name='N3UROP0D']I got mine from Amazon...preordered in May, and it's the CE. Big problem though. The slipcover was "taped" on to the tin with these super sticky round pieces of tape - top and bottom - and when I took them off there was HUGE amounts of gross residue stuck to the tin.

I'm afraid to try goo gone because it could wreck the paint and my mr. clean magic erasers aren't doing much...any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, use goo gone gel. I've used it on steelbook spines and it's fine.

[quote name='thesuzukimethod']perhaps those were the ghosts of prior players? (previous players last moments show up when you are near where they died (at least in Demon's souls.)[/QUOTE]

Yeah those are not players in your game those are "ghosts" of other players in their own games in the same section of the level as you.

You can co-op via the bonfires (not sure how, it involves having humanity though or something...I haven't played the game yet). Co-oping players are "blue phantoms" instead of the yellow/whitish normal "ghosts" you've been seeing.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']I got mine from Amazon...preordered in May, and it's the CE. Big problem though. The slipcover was "taped" on to the tin with these super sticky round pieces of tape - top and bottom - and when I took them off there was HUGE amounts of gross residue stuck to the tin.

I'm afraid to try goo gone because it could wreck the paint and my mr. clean magic erasers aren't doing much...any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Try rubbing it off with alcohol wipes. Alcohol takes off the adhesive easily. Haven't did mines yet because I've been too busy playing lol

I am still waiting on mine from amazon...it shows shipping soon but it has a delivery estimate of 10/4 (release date delivery with prime) wtf!?

Hold a piece of transparent tape to slowly tap and stick the residue out.

[quote name='eau']Scanning through the thread:

Looks like Amazon shipments vary in weight from 1.1lb to 1.6lb.

1.1lb = dreaded bubble mailer
1.3lb
1.4lb
1.5lb
1.6lb has to be a big ass box

It'd be interesting to see what people got based on the weight reported by UPS.[/QUOTE]

1.4lb Box that is just slightly bigger then the CE's box.

[quote name='karamsoul']Well, let's compare notes when we get updates, Leo. I'll keep you abreast of ANY updates that I get on my order, and you do the same for me. Scratching backs FTW.[/QUOTE]

I think I'm in the same boat as both of you. My order started in Indianapolis and it's been there since 10pm on the 3rd. My order initially said it was going to be here today, but updated this morning and said it won't get here until tomorrow.

[quote name='DesertLeo']Deal. Mine's being shipped to AZ. Yours?[/QUOTE]

Mine is coming to Georgia. The city of Norcross, near Atlanta, specifically.

[quote name='morbitrius']I think I'm in the same boat as both of you. My order started in Indianapolis and it's been there since 10pm on the 3rd. My order initially said it was going to be here today, but updated this morning and said it won't get here until tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

On Amazon mine still says the 4th.....hrm...

[quote name='karamsoul']Mine is coming to Georgia. The city of Norcross, near Atlanta, specifically.[/QUOTE]

in a couple hours I'm going to be in class, so I might not update anything (fs there even are any updates) for a bit tonight. Still, I'll post in here for the benefit of anyone else having the same issue

[quote name='karamsoul']Mine is 1.3 pounds and shipped out of the Amazon Indiana warehouse. Anyone else having trouble from that warehouse? Apparently mine had a label printed out and Amazon shows shipped, but UPS has no location scans on the overnight shipment.[/QUOTE]
Mine shipped from Whitestown, IN. It was already here when I got home, a little after 4 PM. It came packaged wrapped in cardboard.

[quote name='lehviput']Mine shipped from Whitestown, IN. It was already here when I got home, a little after 4 PM. It came packaged wrapped in cardboard.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, a good sign. Did it actually give you tracking updates?

[quote name='VVaffle']Gah, really? I stopped by the one in North Gate and the guy said they had 72 copies incoming, but none in stock.

Gamestop was a bust too, only had enough copies for people who pre-ordered. He offered to sell me one, but I don't want to gyp someone out of their copy. Guess I'll just wait to see how the still-shipping-soon Amazon order turns out... I'd still rather have the normal edition right now, the bonuses mean very little to me since I already have the CE guide incoming.[/QUOTE]

I asked around the Silverdale store and it wasn't on the shelf. I found those carts they wheel around to replenish stock and found the 20 copies on their to go to the shelf. Could see no CE editions and the employee checked the back.

my order just shipped out and should arrive on the 6th

i was just wondering though....for those who received a ce version, did it say that in the shipping notification email? mine just says dark souls even though i preordered the ce

For anyone looking to pick up a CE without a pre-order. Call all the gamestop's in your area. Quick. That is the only place I and everyone else here has had success with

[quote name='blackwaltz34']my order just shipped out and should arrive on the 6th

i was just wondering though....for those who received a ce version, did it say that in the shipping notification email? mine just says dark souls even though i preordered the ce[/QUOTE]

The email I received from Amazon and the shipping slip inside the box both indicated "Dark Souls Collector's Edition." I pre-ordered on August 10th.

Yeah, I went to gamestop and they only had Xbox 360 versions....
Meh, but really the guy above me is right, just call loads of gamestops, and one of em is bound to have it.

[quote name='Xenogears']For anyone looking to pick up a CE without a pre-order. Call all the gamestop's in your area. Quick. That is the only place I and everyone else here has had success with[/QUOTE]

Just called about 7 or 8 gamestops, they all said the same thing. You can only get the CE if you pre-ordered, and they don't have any 'extras'.

Fuuuck I'm so pissed I didn't get one.

My Amazon Preorder from May 12th says "Shipping Soon" with estimated delivery on the 7th. Called 2 Gamestops and one of them had an extra PS3 CE and they held it for me.

What's the best link to talk with amazon cs about this. I preordered a week ago, when CE's were out of stock, with the hope that they would send the CE to all preorders (I read this somewhere, and also read a chat transcript about this), and today I recieved my normal edition.

I'm not really upset since, I've checked out the mini-guide, and the rest of it is underwhelming, but I thought it might be worth a shot to complain to CS and maybe hope for a $5 credit or something.

I realize this makes me evil, but then again...I'm a cheapassgamer.

[quote name='gotdott']Aw fuck UPS tried to deliver 10 min before I got home and now I have to wait until tomorrow :([/QUOTE]

You can call and have it set for late pickup if your center does that.

bread's done
Back