Days of Play 2018 - 11 days of PlayStation deals and new limited edition PS4

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/05/29/days-of-play-is-back-new-limited-edition-ps4-11-days-of-deals/

June 8-18

Hardware and peripheral discounts throughout the 11 days include (all prices MSRP):

• Jet Black PS4 Pro – $349.99 USD / $449.99 CDN
  • PlayStation VR bundles – starting at $199.99 USD / $249.99 CDN
  • DualShock 4 wireless controller (all colors) – $39.99 USD / $49.99 CDN
  • PlayStation Move motion controller (2 pack) – $79.99 USD / $99.99 CDN
  • PlayStation VR Aim controller (US only) – $49.99 USD
  • Catalog titles – check with your local retailer

• God of War: $49.99 USD / $59.99 CDN
  • Gran Turismo Sport: $19.99 USD / $29.99 CDN
  • Horizon Zero Dawn: $19.99 USD / $29.99 CDN
  • MLB The Show 18: $39.99 USD / $49.99 CDN
  • Shadow of the Colossus: $19.99 USD / $29.99 CDN
  • Bravo Team (PS VR): $29.99 USD / $39.99 CDN
  • Farpoint (PS VR): $14.99 USD/ $19.99 CDN
  • The Inpatient (PS VR): $14.99 USD / $19.99 CDN

• PlayStation Plus – $49.99 USD / $59.99 CDN for a 12-Month PS Plus membership (terms & conditions here)
  • PlayStation Vue (available in the US only) – $10 USD per month off the Core plan standard price for the first two months ($44.99 USD per month thereafter) – learn more
  • PlayStation Store catalog titles

ps4-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Was going to pull the trigger until I realized I lost my gift card... God damn it... Does BB replace these things? I never lose them... fuck

Last edited:
Picking up the Skyrim PsVr bundle this weekend. Can anyone recommend the best VR games to get? I already have RE7 but I think that's the only game I have with VR support.
$250 for that Skyrim VR bundle is a great price. Pick up PlayStation VR Worlds and Until Dawn: Rush of Blood for $9.99 each while you’re at it. Farpoint for $14.99 is also worth it, but you’ll want to hook yourself up with an Aim controller as well. If Batman: Arkham VR were on sale, I’d also recommend it to you.

I placed a pick-up order for Horizon Complete at BB for $18.99. As of right now, Shadow still hasn’t been reduced.

Picking up the Skyrim PsVr bundle this weekend. Can anyone recommend the best VR games to get? I already have RE7 but I think that's the only game I have with VR support.
Since you already have RE7

1 Rec Room

2 Wipeout Omega Collection

3 Moss

4 Farpoint

5 Star Trek Bridge Crew

6 Doom or Skyrim

7 Superhot VR

8 Statik

9 Ultrawings

10 Sprint Vector

Rush Of Blood, Job Simulator,

Shouldn't there be more games on sale?  On the list from SD, Last of Us, Heavy Rain, the Uncharted games, and some others are listed

Perm drop $10 Incomplete edition, $20 complete edition.
These aren't perm price drops. It's the Sony sale at a number of retailers Nationwide. Once the timer is up they go back up. These are listed as price drop because it's from the manufacturer and not BBY themselves.

Nice! I'm going to pick up the Doom VR at Target later when I'm there with the wife. I just sold the Gran Turismo set last week for $150 so this is perfect timing for the upgrade (I hated having to swap cables for games with HDR). I'll also be getting The Inpatient as I've been interstedin trying that at some point. 

Waiting on a Horizon price drop on psn. Good thing I traded my vanilla copy in a couple months ago for close to $30.

Hey anyone know why bestbuy doesn't have gran turismo sport for $19.99? They have everything else on sale.

Bought Horizon Zero Dawn CE with GCU discount and in store pick up discount. Shadow of the Colossus and Gran Turismo Sport were not at the sale price.

Nice! I'm going to pick up the Doom VR at Target later when I'm there with the wife. I just sold the Gran Turismo set last week for $150 so this is perfect timing for the upgrade (I hated having to swap cables for games with HDR). I'll also be getting The Inpatient as I've been interstedin trying that at some point.
I would highly recommend spending the additional $50 to get the move controller and Skyrim VR. Skyrim VR is a much better game than Doom.

I just came back from the Dover Delaware Best Buy and got the last Horizon zero Dawn complete copy there was. There was only one.

Haha Haha and Target does not sell it.

I would highly recommend spending the additional $50 to get the move controller and Skyrim VR. Skyrim VR is a much better game than Doom.
Doom didnt bother me, and i just couldnt get into skyrim in VR... click to move just annoys me. (Did they change that?)

But the move controllers are necessary for most VR games. If you dont have them already, you will need them anf the extra $50 is very worth it. So for anyone looking to buy a VR... spend that extra $50 now.

To those with the "old" PSVR (v1), how difficult is it to swap between cables for games with HDR? I just bought this coupler based on seemingly positive experiences on GAF, but there are some reviews on Amazon that give me some doubts.

Really wishing I would have looked into this issue that was addressed with v2 of the set before buying it.

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Gold-Plated-Coupler-Female/dp/B004PVW1DE/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
I just have an extra cable lying around that I plug into the TV and run it directly to the PS4 and skip the PSVR breakout box. It's not that big of a pain. I thought about getting one of those boxes, but considering I switch once every week or two, it's not a big deal.

Nothing has been discounted on Amazon yet. It’s hard to justify Best Buy’s $3.99 shipping when I have Prime. Aren’t retailers contractual obligated to honor Sony’s discount?

Edit: looks like only 3rd party sellers for HZD complete on Amazon. Hoping they aren’t playing the “we don’t have any in stock” excuse to avoid selling at the sale price

Psn is up:

Oddly Horizon is not on the list of the sale but IT IS $20 if you search for it. Maybe it just has to update.

In for a few games!

Disappointed in Best Buy. No Shadow of the Colossus and Gran Turismo Sport only got a $5 discount ($34.99). 

Psn is up:

Oddly Horizon is not on the list of the sale but IT IS $20 if you search for it. Maybe it just has to update.

In for a few games!
Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete Edition being $19.99 is the new price.

It's kind of weird that Gamestop, of all places, has better deals than PSN. In part of their Days of Play sale they got Wolfenstein 2, Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 and Kingdom Hearts 2.8 for $19.99 each with Fallout 4 GOTY Edition being $29.99. I keep thinking these will come to the normal Tuesday sale.

Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete Edition being $19.99 is the new price.

It's kind of weird that Gamestop, of all places, has better deals than PSN. In part of their Days of Play sale they got Wolfenstein 2, Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 and Kingdom Hearts 2.8 for $19.99 each with Fallout 4 GOTY Edition being $29.99. I keep thinking these will come the normal Tuesday sale.
Damn I would get KH 1.5/2.5 if it was 20/16 at Best Buy. It is funny how Gamestop has the best prices on something for the first time ever. Still never stepping back in that store again though.

Disappointed in Best Buy. No Shadow of the Colossus and Gran Turismo Sport only got a $5 discount ($34.99).
Yeah this is a bit weird. I was considering getting them but kinda glad they didn't go on sale now so I won't be tempted. Already gonna be busy for awhile with GoW and Horizon.

bread's done
Back