Days of Play 2018 - 11 days of PlayStation deals and new limited edition PS4

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/05/29/days-of-play-is-back-new-limited-edition-ps4-11-days-of-deals/

June 8-18

Hardware and peripheral discounts throughout the 11 days include (all prices MSRP):

• Jet Black PS4 Pro – $349.99 USD / $449.99 CDN
  • PlayStation VR bundles – starting at $199.99 USD / $249.99 CDN
  • DualShock 4 wireless controller (all colors) – $39.99 USD / $49.99 CDN
  • PlayStation Move motion controller (2 pack) – $79.99 USD / $99.99 CDN
  • PlayStation VR Aim controller (US only) – $49.99 USD
  • Catalog titles – check with your local retailer

• God of War: $49.99 USD / $59.99 CDN
  • Gran Turismo Sport: $19.99 USD / $29.99 CDN
  • Horizon Zero Dawn: $19.99 USD / $29.99 CDN
  • MLB The Show 18: $39.99 USD / $49.99 CDN
  • Shadow of the Colossus: $19.99 USD / $29.99 CDN
  • Bravo Team (PS VR): $29.99 USD / $39.99 CDN
  • Farpoint (PS VR): $14.99 USD/ $19.99 CDN
  • The Inpatient (PS VR): $14.99 USD / $19.99 CDN

• PlayStation Plus – $49.99 USD / $59.99 CDN for a 12-Month PS Plus membership (terms & conditions here)
  • PlayStation Vue (available in the US only) – $10 USD per month off the Core plan standard price for the first two months ($44.99 USD per month thereafter) – learn more
  • PlayStation Store catalog titles

ps4-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
To those with the "old" PSVR (v1), how difficult is it to swap between cables for games with HDR? I just bought this coupler based on seemingly positive experiences on GAF, but there are some reviews on Amazon that give me some doubts.

Really wishing I would have looked into this issue that was addressed with v2 of the set before buying it.

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Gold-Plated-Coupler-Female/dp/B004PVW1DE/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
It depends on which HDMI ports are easily accessible in your setup. I have a Samsung KS8000 TV, which uses an external OneConnect box for all inputs going into the TV, so it is relatively easy to swap at that junction, since it is just sitting on the stand in front of the TV. I also have the PSVR breakout box sitting near the OneConnect box to facilitate.

Position 1:

PS4 Pro -----(cable 1)-----> PSVR -----(cable 2)-----> TV

Position 2:

PS4 Pro -----(cable 1) -------------------------------------> TV

PSVR --------(cable 2)----> nothing

HDMI cable 1 is the one that came with the PS4 Pro, since that is the one that is compatible with 4K/HDR. Cable 2 is the one that came with the PSVR v1.

Anyone have any thoughts on Gran Turismo Sport as a single player only game? I’m not a big race fan but I’m looking for something to play in first person view on my projector once in awhile.

Does anyone know if I buy psvr bundle from Best buy, would they let me return it if I opened the included game? I really want to try out the game before deciding to keep it

Does anyone know if I buy psvr bundle from Best buy, would they let me return it if I opened the included game? I really want to try out the game before deciding to keep it
If you open the game, they I believe will deduct the cost of the game from the return price, or negate the return entirely.

IME they don’t deduct anything if the game camevwith it and it was returned.

Picked up KH 1/2 during lunch at GS. 19.99 is my buy it price since I had certain and maybe KH3 will come out by the time I get around to them

You should also buy a regular copy for 9.99 and trade that in too.
Meh, I'm not a fan of flipping (especially not for just $3). I was surprised the tiv was so high on HZD considering you can get the game from them for $8 with GCU. It will probably tank by tomorrow, so anyone interested in upgrading to the complete edition should probably do it today.

To best buy, are horizen and horizen complete edition consider the same thing or different
Different. You could buy 3 of each and not get into trouble with GCU (though don't know why anyone would want to).

To best buy, are horizen and horizen complete edition consider the same thing or different
I would consider different since they are different prices. Also how come Best Buy hasn't price down SoTC yet? I would prefer to get it at BB instead of GS.

Are there any hurdles or compatibility concerns to opening a UK PSN account? I can get a 5(symbol for pound) card for around $6; just need to know if the games will be NTSC playable and easily accessible once saved, like with the Japan PSN account. Is there even tax in the UK store?

I would consider different since they are different prices. Also how come Best Buy hasn't price down SoTC yet? I would prefer to get it at BB instead of GS.
It depends on your area, but my BB will usually price match GS. You won’t get the GCU price on top of that though.

Traded in HZD to BB for $12.14, ordered HZD Complete at $15.99 + tax, so paid $4.97 for the dlc ^^
Ill do you one better. Traded in Horizon last Saturday in preparation for today and got $21 for it. I basically got a free upgrade and still have $5 left over. At GS, I picked up 12 months of ps+ and Shadow of the Colossus for $10 (after using a certificate). All in all, I gotta say today was a good day.

Horizon ZD: Complete is a permanent price drop right? 

I want to get it but I have FAR CRY 5 coming this weekend, I would rather buy HZD later than purchase it now and have it sitting on my hard drive.

Okay, anyone interested in getting a deal for Heavy Rain or any of the numerous other games on sale exclusively in the UK store can easily get in on the fun. I just make a UK account and got a ten  £ card and now my typing is all fucked up from copying the symbol.

Anyway, I got a ten-pound card for $13.59 from cdkeys. Paid with Paypal and delivery was instant. No tax on the UK store, so Heavy Rain cost less than half current US price. I'm downloading the game now...

Horizon ZD: Complete is a permanent price drop right?

I want to get it but I have FAR CRY 5 coming this weekend, I would rather buy HZD later than purchase it now and have it sitting on my hard drive.
I doubt it to be honest. I believe it will go back up after the sales is over.

Does anyone still get the $1 off offer at Best Buy if you switch from Shipping to In-Store Pickup?  I haven't see that show up for me in ages.

I disagree. I think this is an MSRP drop, which is why physical went down even though other games like SoTC didn’t. We will see in a week though.
God of War's price also went down and we know it ain't getting a permanent price drop anytime soon.

I think if it was an actual price drop retailers like Target would also have dropped the price by now.

Yeah I think horizon is a permanent drop thought 10 for it is kinda cheap considering last of us is 19.99 . Anyways was able to get god of war for 14 with gcu and rz points. Also traded in horizon standard and used credit to buy complete - thanks for whoever pointed that out 😁

Think I might have to go pick up one of those Steel Black controllers. Love the way they look. I’m down to one controller since I spilled bear on my other one and got the buttons all sticky. :(

Think I might have to go pick up one of those Steel Black controllers. Love the way they look. I’m down to one controller since I spilled bear on my other one and got the buttons all sticky. :(
I picked up a midnight blue one, I was deciding between it and the steel black. Both look real nice. Might have to pick up steel black too but 3 controllers seems excessive

Where did people get that all of these are permanent price drops? It came seemingly out of nowhere today.

So I guess Best Buy just isn't gonna drop SotC and GTS to $20?

I mean, I guess I'll go to GS, but I would have LOVED to get these for $16 with GCU.. that's kind of what I've been expecting all week. Disappointed.gif

So I guess Best Buy just isn't gonna drop SotC and GTS to $20?

I mean, I guess I'll go to GS, but I would have LOVED to get these for $16 with GCU.. that's kind of what I've been expecting all week. Disappointed.gif
Or if you have a target card, get it there. Target PMs GameStop.

I'm so petty... I know it's only $4, but not being able to get SotC for $16 GCU has convinced me to just hold off for the inevitable $10/15 BF price, rather than buy from GS.

Why are 1-year PS+ subscriptions suddenly unavailable on Amazon this week? :bomb: I have $10 credit on my Prime card, 1-year subs are "unavailable", and their system will not allow me to use the $10 credit on a regular $50 PSN card as a workaround. Are they trying to be Best Buy, who also would not allow me to use a $25 eGift card on a $49.99 PS+ download code? :censored:

Managed to grab the last Steel Black controller at my local target. Sweet!
Did you have to pm GameStop or BB? My targets seem to not be participating this year, which is weird since I bought the gold ps4 from them last year. It's like they forgot the sale was coming or something.

I'm so petty... I know it's only $4, but not being able to get SotC for $16 GCU has convinced me to just hold off for the inevitable $10/15 BF price, rather than buy from GS.
Not petty at all man.

I picked it up. While I'm probably not going to get far in it with my collection as it is, physical discs get harder to get now so the minor difference/time spent hunting for clearance sections just isn't worth it for me anymore.

Did you have to pm GameStop or BB? My targets seem to not be participating this year, which is weird since I bought the gold ps4 from them last year. It's like they forgot the sale was coming or something.
No, but since this color is discontinued, it came up as $64.99. They just had to price match their own website, and that was it.

Ill do you one better. Traded in Horizon last Saturday in preparation for today and got $21 for it. I basically got a free upgrade and still have $5 left over. At GS, I picked up 12 months of ps+ and Shadow of the Colossus for $10 (after using a certificate). All in all, I gotta say today was a good day.
Thank you so much. Forgot all about my points at GS. I have enough to get SotC for free with them.

bread's done
Back