DayZ mod for Arma II, Actual Zombie Survival

Are we having a group night tonight or did we just forget to update the events page on the steam group? If so I'm hoping to make it, but I've been working odd hours this week so I don't know if I'll be awake to do so. If I do show up I have an extra camo outfit to give away. Finally found one in a building and it spawned another in a different loot spawn in the same building so I figure I grab it and save to give to someone.

Oh and apparently I just found out I've been sporting around a hacked weapon. I've been sporting a g36c sd which isn't in Day Z for some time now and had no idea. I found it at a heli crash site like a week ago and assumed it was the M4A1 CCO SD since I knew their was only one SD Assault Rifle in Day Z but I can't remember the actual names of most the guns. Again found heli crash and not off the body of a bandit so it never occurred to me. I didn't find out until a few days ago I found a corpse with a M4A1 CCO SD on it and noticed the names were different, upon looking it up I found out it was a hacked in weapon. This is a prime example why they don't and shouldn't ban you for using a hacked weapon, only for spawning it in. I had no idea what I found and no clue about it for over a week.

[quote name='solidus_00']Are we having a group night tonight or did we just forget to update the events page on the steam group? If so I'm hoping to make it, but I've been working odd hours this week so I don't know if I'll be awake to do so. If I do show up I have an extra camo outfit to give away. Finally found one in a building and it spawned another in a different loot spawn in the same building so I figure I grab it and save to give to someone.

Oh and apparently I just found out I've been sporting around a hacked weapon. I've been sporting a g36c sd which isn't in Day Z for some time now and had no idea. I found it at a heli crash site like a week ago and assumed it was the M4A1 CCO SD since I knew their was only one SD Assault Rifle in Day Z but I can't remember the actual names of most the guns. Again found heli crash and not off the body of a bandit so it never occurred to me. I didn't find out until a few days ago I found a corpse with a M4A1 CCO SD on it and noticed the names were different, upon looking it up I found out it was a hacked in weapon. This is a prime example why they don't and shouldn't ban you for using a hacked weapon, only for spawning it in. I had no idea what I found and no clue about it for over a week.[/QUOTE]

But you also have/had the camo M40A3, which you knew was a hacked-in weapon. :X (I think you're Insidious, right?)

Not that I even care... I was using the thermal AS50 for a while and I lost it to my first script user. :p

I'm looking to play tonight, myself... Got myself back up and running with an M107 + M4A1 CCO. However, I'm at the far northwestern part of the map, as I was looking for camps. I can respawn on the coast, though.

Decent chance that a hotfix (1.7.2.6) might come out today.

Features:

Confirmed Changelog (WIP):

* [NEW] Bear trap has chance to spawn on infected hunters
* [FIXED] Graphical glitches with dead bodies (Bodies should now not display graphical glitches)
* [NEW] Three UI options available: Default (indicators only), Debug (indicators + debug window), None (only base ArmA2 UI)

In Process Changelog (WIP):

* [FIXED] Converting between magazine types resets ammo count (Now only contains previous number of rounds)
* [FIXED] Tents and vehicles not saving correctly ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/41502 )
* [NEW] Option to flip vehicles that have rolled

[quote name='Rhett']Decent chance that a hotfix (1.7.2.6) might come out today.

Features:

Confirmed Changelog (WIP):

* [NEW] Bear trap has chance to spawn on infected hunters
* [FIXED] Graphical glitches with dead bodies (Bodies should now not display graphical glitches)
* [NEW] Three UI options available: Default (indicators only), Debug (indicators + debug window), None (only base ArmA2 UI)

In Process Changelog (WIP):

* [FIXED] Converting between magazine types resets ammo count (Now only contains previous number of rounds)
* [FIXED] Tents and vehicles not saving correctly ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/41502 )
* [NEW] Option to flip vehicles that have rolled[/QUOTE]

Sounds like we need to go get a helicopter, ASAP.

So I want to play, but the whole character starving while I'm not playing completely turns me off. It's a game...my life cannot revolve around a game. It's unfortunate the devs felt the need to include this :(

[quote name='SynGamer']So I want to play, but the whole character starving while I'm not playing.([/QUOTE]
umm
who the hell told ya that.

oh and i think we're gonna do another night and Wednesday, if i can get brents lazy ass to post another event on steam. so make sure youre in the group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/cagdayz
if you're not in it yet, post your steam link for an invite

[quote name='SynGamer']So I want to play, but the whole character starving while I'm not playing completely turns me off. It's a game...my life cannot revolve around a game. It's unfortunate the devs felt the need to include this :([/QUOTE]
That's not how it works anymore.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Dat Vid[/QUOTE]

This reminds of the old days in MMORPGs of luring high level monsters to low level zone and watching the horror from a distance....Dat Chat LOG...LOL

[quote name='Megazell']This reminds of the old days in MMORPGs of luring high level monsters to low level zone and watching the horror from a distance....Dat Chat LOG...LOL[/QUOTE]
Term is called kiting. And those were funny back in the day.

[quote name='BrentronD']That's not how it works anymore.[/QUOTE]

Really? In the case I'm actually interested. I was readying through the early pages of the thread when I saw that. So...any deals on Arma II + OA?

[quote name='Rhett']But you also have/had the camo M40A3, which you knew was a hacked-in weapon. :X (I think you're Insidious, right?)[/QUOTE]

Nope, I'm Sporkis in the group.

[quote name='Rhett']Decent chance that a hotfix (1.7.2.6) might come out today.[/QUOTE]

Kind of sucks about the converting ammo glitch being fixed, but we all knew it was coming. Granted it only worked on what one pistol/revolver and the DMR/CZ 550? But still, it was slightly handy to have. At least we can save vehicles again.

[quote name='toolfan']Sounds like we need to go get a helicopter, ASAP.[/QUOTE]

Thats going to be really hard to do now, since they changed it that only one repairable heli spawns per server.

[quote name='solidus_00']Nope, I'm Sporkis in the group.
[/QUOTE]

Ah, my bad. Y U (and others) NO PLAY DAYZ MORE?

So my Day(Z) went like this, yesterday:

I had logged out at the NW airfield with my brother. I logged in just to check out some of the barracks and look for a new rifle. After a little while, I made it to the ACT/fire station.

I'm running to the fire station when I notice someone is joining. Zombies are chasing me in the open as I say to myself, "Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit~". I run into the corner but the zombies kind of lose interest. I notice something odd, right next to me...

The one other guy happened to log in right in front of me (pointing away). He had a bandit mask, so I had no choice but to gun him down as soon as he logged in. He was then promptly kicked a few seconds later due to a high ping. :X (he had nothing interesting on him) -- I don't know if I should feel bad, or laugh hysterically.

And then I was playing Lingor with my brother, later on, and we split up for FIVE SECONDS and I manage to get knocked unconscious (by a zombie) in the middle of the street. He runs down, kills the zombie. But not before another zombie runs in from left field to knock his ass out as well!

My legs are broken at this point, and this crazy one-man-army zombie is feasting on him. I have my hatchet out for silence' sake... so I think nothing of it, aim at the zombie, and swing... *CRACK* -- Oh no! I broke my brother's legs and sped up his bleeding! -- *swings again* *AGONIZING SCREAMS* Aaaaand he's dead. DERP.

I think it's safe to assume the North in general is a "free-fire zone" anyway. At least, that's how I consider it, unless someone is very clearly friendly and/or I don't have anything valuable.

[quote name='Rhett']Ah, my bad. Y U (and others) NO PLAY DAYZ MORE?[/QUOTE]

I DO DAM IT!!:D

Seriously though I'm usually on like every other day playing DayZ. It's just usually I'm solo and tend to avoid confrontation. So I tend to pick low server count and hop in and out different if it gets to high. I also stay the hell out of the three major cities.

If you see my GT listed online on the steam group, I'm more than likely playing or going to play DayZ, if you want to send me a message I'd be happy to join in for a game.

[quote name='Rhett']
I think it's safe to assume the North in general is a "free-fire zone" anyway. At least, that's how I consider it, unless someone is very clearly friendly and/or I don't have anything valuable.[/QUOTE]

The entire game is a free fire zone.:lol: But your kind of right since anyone up there is probably armed in some fashion looking for good loot. Again I tend to avoid confrontation, so unless their clearly a bandit I tend to leave them be and just get the hell out of there.

The only time I didn't was when it wasn't a bandit. I was outside of Electro in cover in the forest on a hill and noticed a guy running around the fire station next to the power plant. He ran from there straight for my direction. He didn't see me until he was almost on top of me. When he finally noticed me he screamed "Oh god! Please don't kill me. Please don't kill me dude." over and over. Told him I wouldn't but to move along in a different direction and backed the hell out of there keeping him in my view.

[quote name='solidus_00']

If you see my GT listed online on the steam group, I'm more than likely playing or going to play DayZ, if you want to send me a message I'd be happy to join in for a game.
.[/QUOTE]

why don't you idle in the steam chat whenever you play dayz? it lets people know that you're open to playing with the group. playing solo and scavenging is no fun. its all about the confrontations.

I wish we can wiki the OP so we can put all the relevent info about the cag nights up.

[quote name='shosh']why don't you idle in the steam chat whenever you play dayz? it lets people know that you're open to playing with the group. playing solo and scavenging is no fun. its all about the confrontations.

I wish we can wiki the OP so we can put all the relevent info about the cag nights up.[/QUOTE]

I'll start idling in the chat whenever I feel like playing, myself. I don't like playing alone.

Also, I suppose we could make a new thread and let this one die off? Since the OP isn't active anymore. Brentron's in one of those group-leader positions in the CAG group, too, and since he's active I think we'd be set to do so...

Built my computer last night and downloading Arma 2 CO right now, then gonna get the day z mod. I think my steam name is also MrshllJcb if someone could send me an invite to the CAG group. Thanks guys

I might play some Day Z later today. I sent an invite to that name.

edit: I'll also try and make a new thread. But I dunno, should I do it? Or would someone else be more willing? *wink* *wink* Rhett *wink* *epiliptic spaz*

[quote name='BrentronD']I might play some Day Z later today. I sent an invite to that name.

edit: I'll also try and make a new thread. But I dunno, should I do it? Or would someone else be more willing? *wink* *wink* Rhett *wink* *epiliptic spaz*[/QUOTE]

Much like the OP, I have a tendency of starting a thread for a game and then abandoning it because I grew bored with it... I think I'm somewhat close to being bored with DayZ, even, so...

And @ MarshllJcb -- you have to ask whoever's playing, as you can't really tell otherwise.

[quote name='shosh']why don't you idle in the steam chat whenever you play dayz? it lets people know that you're open to playing with the group.
.[/QUOTE]

I second this motion. I usually check if anyone is in chat, if not I just play something else. I think I'm done with DayZ as a single player experience, but still thoroughly enjoy the multiplayer aspect.

Ah man, everyone cant be done yet haha. I just got started on it (and died like 10 times yesterday) and think its pretty cool so far. I was playing in a server with only like 4 people so I never saw any bandits or anything, but the zombies are pretty relentless and without a weapon you're pretty screwed. Looking forward to spending some more time with it though, and will join the steam chat when I do play to try and join up with you guys

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Ah man, everyone cant be done yet haha. I just got started on it (and died like 10 times yesterday) and think its pretty cool so far. I was playing in a server with only like 4 people so I never saw any bandits or anything, but the zombies are pretty relentless and without a weapon you're pretty screwed. Looking forward to spending some more time with it though, and will join the steam chat when I do play to try and join up with you guys[/QUOTE]

It does get easier once you get familiar with cities, loot spawn points, and how to loose zombies(remember they can't run indoors & dashing and darting between objects like trees). If you don't know already here's your new best friend,

http://www.dayzdb.com/map

Very handy to have starting out until you get more familiar with the map and where the good loot is. Other than that the best advice I can give you is,

1. The Hatchet is your friend, like gas it's silent but deadly. You just have to get use to the range of it where you can hit zombies but they can't hit you.

2. If your fresh spawning make a direct run like to the nearest supermarket. You can find food, water, maybe some valuable tools like the map(then you can use waypoints if the server allows it) or a pistol, and most importantly a better higher capacity backpack. After all if your fresh you got nothing to loose to bandits or zombies to except time.

3. Once you get a hatchet, hunting knife, matches, and canteen. You never need to step into a city again. With those you can now hunt & gut(hunting knife) animals, cut fire wood from a tree in the forest(hatchet), build and light a fireplace(matches) to cook the meat and refill the canteen for thirst with water from any body of water on the map besides the ocean. With those you can easily go around in the wilderness hitting up deer stands for good weapons and equipment without much chance of running into other players or snipers like at the airfields.

4. Get used to dying. Dying and loosing everything. Seriously, no one survives the zombie apocalypse indefinitely :lol:. If you let that fact get you down you won't be playing very long.

Join the group when you can cause you learn a lot more faster and get better by picking up on stuff others do like I did. While I still think I suck compared to some of the others on here, I know I would be a lot worse off if it wasn't for BrentronD and the others. That and the more we can get to play in a group game the better. It's a awesome feeling when you have a larger group of people in a party and the rest of the people on the server combined.:lol:

SO the more I hear you guys talk about this, the more I want to play. But $30 for Arma II seems high when I don't really have any intention of playing that game...

@Solidus (I didn't wanna quote it and take up a bunch of space) but thanks a ton for the advice. I definitely have the dying part down, and havent been bothered about it yet, but I also havent had anything of value.

I hadn't even considered the supermarket but after i get home from work I'm hopping right on to try out some of the things you mentioned. Again thanks a lot and hopefully I can play with you guys soon. I also have to make sure not to be reckless or anything as well. Last time I was playing I went from a sprint to prone into a tree or building and broke my neck I think, I laughed pretty hard but woulda been bummed if I had lost anything good

[quote name='SynGamer']SO the more I hear you guys talk about this, the more I want to play. But $30 for Arma II seems high when I don't really have any intention of playing that game...[/QUOTE]

ARMA is amazing though...

There are so many custom maps/campaigns and mods/addons for it...

There's one that lets you have an in-game version of the editor, too, so you can make whatever kind of scenarios you want. Or just let everyone buy whatever guns/vehicles/gear/aircraft they want and just screw around on any of the maps.

I think most people who haven't played it, see it as an overly complicated and potentially boring military sim. It can be, however, it isn't hard to pick up, and a lot of the more boring or anti-fun things about realism are toned down enough to be fun.

Also, A2:CO has been on sale for $20 at various places.. I, myself, got a copy via the steam trading thread. Well worth it! Or, if you don't have a great computer/don't mind slightly worse textures, you only have to buy Operation Arrowhead (the expansion - $20) to play DayZ. You do need Arma 2 Free (the Arma 2 demo on Steam), as well, though. Totally works.

Keepin' it alive...

Played on an empty server for a while last night, just checking all the better loot spots and looking for tents. Found a fairly decently hidden tent with two ghillies and a suppressed M4 w/ 5 SD mags. I was ecstatic! First one I've seen. I kindly left my SVD camo (un-zeroable and the ammo is rare). :p

Y'all characters gon' be starvin'.

[quote name='Rhett']Keepin' it alive...

Played on an empty server for a while last night, just checking all the better loot spots and looking for tents. Found a fairly decently hidden tent with two ghillies and a suppressed M4 w/ 5 SD mags. I was ecstatic! First one I've seen. I kindly left my SVD camo (un-zeroable and the ammo is rare). :p

Y'all characters gon' be starvin'.[/QUOTE]

Nice find! I'm still trying to find a ghillie. Whats funny is ever since I found a camo outfit I keep finding the suckers, but no ghillie. You also be surpised at the amount of STANAG SD Mags for that M4 you can find. Seems like every time I use up a mag I find another one.

I managed to killed two bandits yesterday in a game. Sniped one that was trying to snipe people in town and caught another unaware as he looted the corpse of his recent victim(I heard the struggle from one floor below) in a office building. Neither one had anything better than what I already had on them though. So I just hid the bodies and left :lol:

Made it off the beach today. Found myself in an area with some hangars, and military tents/equipment. I found a m4104(?) Shotgun I think its called, then found some ammo for it. Also saw my first other human in the area, I didn't know if he was a bandit or not (how can u tell?) So I went prone and watched him get chased across the field by some zombies. I still don't get everything but I left myself in a small building with my weapon still, is there a way to switch between the hatchet and gun without dropping your gun? I did get a knife so that's cool, but I gotta find a better backpack cause I hate juggling this shit I find.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Made it off the beach today. Found myself in an area with some hangars, and military tents/equipment. I found a m4104(?) Shotgun I think its called, then found some ammo for it. Also saw my first other human in the area, I didn't know if he was a bandit or not (how can u tell?) So I went prone and watched him get chased across the field by some zombies. I still don't get everything but I left myself in a small building with my weapon still, is there a way to switch between the hatchet and gun without dropping your gun? I did get a knife so that's cool, but I gotta find a better backpack cause I hate juggling this shit I find.[/QUOTE]

For Bandits look for the head scarf
http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Survivors#Bandits

If you see a character with one, you know they've killed a few non bandit peoples since you don't loose humanity for killing a "official" bandit. To clarify they can not have a head scarf and still be a bandit, either they just recently died and are starting over or they have friends that they patched up/gave blood to to offset the humanity lost of killing someone.

As for the hatchet swap, you can put your main rifle in your pack if you want to use the hatchet. But I can not stress this enough make sure you have room for it. A rifle slot weapon takes 10 slots in a backpack if you don't have enough slots for it and try to put in there it will disappear. Also note that when you move either of your active guns, be it to your pack or dropping it, it will also automatically move all related ammo to said gun from your active inventory with it also. So say you have a AK-47 and three clips of ammo for it and try to put it in your pack but only have 11 slots, you'll end up loosing two ammo clips due to not having enough room. A easy way to make sure this doesn't happen is to move all the ammo first, then make sure you have 10 slots free to then put the gun in. After you can move just the ammo back to your active inventory if you want.

Just for the record if you want to use a flashlight you got to do the same thing except for your side arm gun since it requires the space to use it. Unless you find a G17 that has a built in flashlight.:D

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Made it off the beach today. Found myself in an area with some hangars, and military tents/equipment. I found a m4104(?) Shotgun I think its called, then found some ammo for it. Also saw my first other human in the area, I didn't know if he was a bandit or not (how can u tell?) So I went prone and watched him get chased across the field by some zombies. I still don't get everything but I left myself in a small building with my weapon still, is there a way to switch between the hatchet and gun without dropping your gun? I did get a knife so that's cool, but I gotta find a better backpack cause I hate juggling this shit I find.[/QUOTE]

Haha. Awesome.

I could probably write a 12-page report on how to play DayZ and all the specifics.. but for now...

Bandits (people who have killed 2+ players within a short amount of time at some point) have a shemagh over their head. All you can see is their eyes. Heroes have a shemagh (or something) around their neck, have a light colored hat, and light colored clothing. Usually heroes are approachable, but I've still only seen one or two. Bandits should always be considered hostile. Ghillie suits hide this, though. You lose humanity by injuring players. You gain it by healing/helping people. It will always return to 2500 if it goes below, but slowly.

You cannot switch freely between hatchet and gun. You can, however, if you find a bigger back pack, put your gun into your bag. It needs at least 10 open slots. Another few things to note when you do find a bag:

1: NEVER just 'Take' the backpack unless yours is completely empty! It will empty the pack you put on the ground!

2: ALWAYS empty your pack into the new pack (via 'Open XYZ Pack' option) before taking it.

3: If you happen to keep one gun in your backpack, and one in your hands, then ALWAYS move the gun out of your backpack to swap them. If you try to put anything into a backpack with less room than the item needs, it will dissolve!

Ok. I definitely saw a hero, but I tried to do the group chat to communicate but he didn't answer. Thanks for more pointers. Im gonna try to be back on tonight after class around 11:15 eastern time

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Ok. I definitely saw a hero, but I tried to do the group chat to communicate but he didn't answer. Thanks for more pointers. Im gonna try to be back on tonight after class around 11:15 eastern time[/QUOTE]

I actually don't think group chat will work. You need to change it to Direct when trying to contact other people. (hit > or < to change channels -- those would also be the comma and period keys)

[quote name='Rhett']ARMA is amazing though...

There are so many custom maps/campaigns and mods/addons for it...

There's one that lets you have an in-game version of the editor, too, so you can make whatever kind of scenarios you want. Or just let everyone buy whatever guns/vehicles/gear/aircraft they want and just screw around on any of the maps.

I think most people who haven't played it, see it as an overly complicated and potentially boring military sim. It can be, however, it isn't hard to pick up, and a lot of the more boring or anti-fun things about realism are toned down enough to be fun.

Also, A2:CO has been on sale for $20 at various places.. I, myself, got a copy via the steam trading thread. Well worth it! Or, if you don't have a great computer/don't mind slightly worse textures, you only have to buy Operation Arrowhead (the expansion - $20) to play DayZ. You do need Arma 2 Free (the Arma 2 demo on Steam), as well, though. Totally works.[/QUOTE]

The official site says User Mods is not included with Arma 2 Free...

http://www.arma2.com/free

I'll just wait for a sale on Steam or something this holiday.

[quote name='SynGamer']The official site says User Mods is not included with Arma 2 Free...

http://www.arma2.com/free

I'll just wait for a sale on Steam or something this holiday.[/QUOTE]

Yes, if you have JUST A2 Free, you can't play mods whatsoever. You can still play custom maps made for A2, though.

If you have A2: Operation Arrowhead (or Combined Arms) then you just copy over all the files from A2 Free into the Op Arrowhead folder, and load OA to play the game. From there on, you can play whatever mods or maps you desire.

I bought A2: CO from a fellow CAG, but since I already had A2 Free installed, I only installed the OA expansion and did this, and it works fine.

And on a side note...

Was playing this morning (after playing last night with Sporkis and Insidious) and was alone on the server.. Ran into one of the barracks, and found one of those weird standing corpses from a player. Looked like he was a hero, and had died to a zombie, or perhaps some terrible lag incident. And that's not even the weird part.

The man had two (!) LMGs on him (w/ a coyote back pack). An M249 equipped, and an MK 48 Mod 0 in his bag. Both with plenty of ammo, and tons of food. This guy had questionable intentions. :p

^jealous of this guy. This game really is pretty great, and its cool to hear other peoples stories and experiences. I haven't been real hooked into a game like this in a very long time, I just want to play, and when I'm at work and school I just think about playing lol. I'm pretty sure I am in the area of Balota currently (have been since yesterday), so when I get home today I'm gonna try to round up some better supplies.

[quote name='Rhett']
Was playing this morning (after playing last night with Sporkis and Insidious) and was alone on the server.. Ran into one of the barracks, and found one of those weird standing corpses from a player. Looked like he was a hero, and had died to a zombie, or perhaps some terrible lag incident. And that's not even the weird part.

The man had two (!) LMGs on him (w/ a coyote back pack). An M249 equipped, and an MK 48 Mod 0 in his bag. Both with plenty of ammo, and tons of food. This guy had questionable intentions. :p[/QUOTE]

How the hell do you keep finding these things? When you find a tent you get two M4 SD & ghillie suits. When I find a tent I get a single Makarov mag. :lol:

I hate those standing corpses. I keep coming across them from blind corners. So my reaction every time is fuck and I immediately open fire. Then I remember there's no one else on the server. Their creepy too, they always have a gun drawn and if you look closely their still breathing.

Hope to see everyone at the game tonight, been carrying around a couple camo suits for over a week now that I was saving to give away. Would have handed them out last night but a certain someone one-upped me with some ghillies. Which you know it's doing it's job when we keep losing sight of one another while running in the forest :lol:

[quote name='solidus_00']How the hell do you keep finding these things? When you find a tent you get two M4 SD & ghillie suits. When I find a tent I get a single Makarov mag. :lol:

I hate those standing corpses. I keep coming across them from blind corners. So my reaction every time is fuck and I immediately open fire. Then I remember there's no one else on the server. Their creepy too, they always have a gun drawn and if you look closely their still breathing.

Hope to see everyone at the game tonight, been carrying around a couple camo suits for over a week now that I was saving to give away. Would have handed them out last night but a certain someone one-upped me with some ghillies. Which you know it's doing it's job when we keep losing sight of one another while running in the forest :lol:[/QUOTE]

Haha. I dunno. Usually not this lucky. I just spent a couple hours looking for tents + helicopter crashes and that tent is all I had found. I'm thinking the guy in the barracks should be dubbed 'Good Guy Greg' since he died in a commonly looted place, while totally decked out.

I'd gladly trade anyone in the group for a DMR, M107, M24 or AS50 though. (the MK48) -- I can do any role equally well, but I really desire a sniper rifle, and I'm not having luck finding one.

Also looking forward to playing tonight. :)

Ah man. Really wanna play witb you guys tonight. In supposed to be in class til 11 but I juat aces my quiz so I think I may leave early. If there's extra camo goin around I could definitely use one. I still haven't found another backpack so its been a real pain with the inventory so far. Found an AK 74 and 30 rounds but lost it when I picked up an AK(r or m or something)but now I have no ammo lol. I am near an airfield and hospital tents though so hopefully tonight I find some more stuff. Been alive foralmost two days now so that's a start.

That was pretty fuckin cool yesterday, (aside from my girl wanting to kill me for using the voice chat while she was trying to sleep) thanks you guys for the LMG and Ghillie, and all the other instructions and everything. Was kinda hoping there'd be some bandits cause there was a fairly big group of us that were pretty much invisible so it woulda been a good first encounter. Hopefully when I come back today I have the bigger backpack instead of the smaller default one (last night after I put the ghillie on the pack said it was the default one, but it had all the spaces for the bigger one I had).

Anyone know of a way to get this game with Best Buy gift cards. I'm quite low on funds but I have a $50 GC to Best Buy. I don't see the game available for download on their site though. Also, is it confirmed that I can install the free edition of ArmA II and then buy Operation Arrowhead and I'll be set?

EDIT: according to this: http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/How_to_install_DayZ#ARMA2:FREE_.2B_ARMA2:OA

It appears there is a "lite" version of Operation Arrowhead that will ultimately let me play DayZ for free...just need to find a guide.

Guide for installing CO:L - http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2_OA:_Combined_Operations_Lite

EDIT2: Still need to buy Operation Arrowhead, which is fine. The "Lite" version actually sounds better as it loads faster and takes up less space. I really don't care if the textures are lower-res.

Last edited by a moderator:
using arma 2 free with OA is a bit of a frankenbuild to a already glitchy game. Youre not gonna find many sales with OA standalone as CO is a few dollars more.

Well, OA is $20 and CO is $30. I'm going to see if I can use my $50 BB GC to buy a VISA GC (if they sell them)...we'll see. If so, I can use the 20% off code and get it all for $23.99, but it all depends on being able to get that VISA GC at Best Buy.

Purchased a VISA gift card at Best Buy with a BB GC. The fee was $5.95, otherwise everything went smoothly. Bought CO on Gamefly for $23.99, currently downloading.

Can I get an invite to the CAG Group? Steam = SynGamer.

EDIT: and a guide on the easiest way to install this mod?

So...the dayz site appears to be down. I installed Play withSIX and see a server list but am not sure which one to join. I believe the actual mod still needs to be install...

bread's done
Back