DayZ mod for Arma II, Actual Zombie Survival

[quote name='shosh']well im in tonight if we set up, in still in zeleno. hopefully we can hit up a hospital for medical supplies, as I lost a lot of blood today and broke my leg so I used my last morphine.

and this time, lets stay the hell away from cherno.[/QUOTE]

What happened in Cherno?

[quote name='testisbest']I have the Steam version of Arma but for whatever reason there are a lot of servers I am unable to join when I go through the client.
However, I am able to join those same servers if I use Six Launcher.
The only problem with using Six Launcher is that then I can't use Steam voice chat in game.

As for DayZ Commander, it worked great for me when I first downloaded it. But now it rarely works at all.[/QUOTE]

One thing to note is that Steam autoupdates ARMA II, which can overwrite the Beta shortcut depending how you set it up. If you dont use the beta, you wont be able to access many servers.

It's all right Droogs, for some reason whenever you're gone we get attacked by hackers. Hackers two times in one night (three if you count the guys who killed apollo with the vehicles).... I'm sorry guys, I'll have to apologize to anyone who got killed by hackers. So far I think we can rule out insidious, decrot and apollo. Since they all died to hackers.

Unfortunately, it doesn't rule out the rest of us. The last shot that killed insidious sounded like a single shot weapon like an enfield. I believe Stallion has an AK and sporkis has mp5 sd, so you can sort of rule them out. Now I have an enfield, but I was running in front facing away. I still think it was a hacker, but who knows. I think I'm forgetting someone, please remind me. I just don't know if I should be mad or scared. But I for sure am confused.

Again I apologize for getting some of you guys killed like that. Anyways fuck you Smeagol.

Have been alive for a few days. Had a ghillie suit (out of two found, other went to my brother, who died 24 hours later to an ambush by one player...) and an M14 AIM (M14 with a red dot)... No luck with sniper rifles, AS50s, or even any heli crashes.. :p

Was up on the Cherno hospital roof with my brother, just hoping for some human contact after days of very few-and-far-between contact with other players. Occasionally we'd hear gunshots, and I had even noticed someone sneaking around with a ghillie suit a couple times, from the opposing hills (east of Cherno)...

Anyway, he (my brother) accidentally stood up and got filled with rounds. I wasn't sure what to do, but I ended up logging out and moved to another server with the two that I play with. We went to the Balota air strip and killed zombies until we ran out of ammo, then died one by one. In retrospect, I wish I had snuck up behind them via switching servers, but that would be cheap. Honestly, if I had a sniper rifle, I'd have done the same thing.

Was getting kind of stale running all over the place together, etc etc. Twice I was teleported to the coast from the far northwest (by joining servers that wouldn't load), so it was getting tedious running 6+ kilometers -- I also had a LOUD AS HELL semi automatic rifle that I had an immense amount of ammo for, but was unable to use on a regular basis, for that reason.

I can't believe we couldn't find any sniper rifles. My brother had an M16A2 M203 that he never got to shoot, even. We had a bunch of grenades for him, too. I found a CZ 550 on my first real "life", early on, and I lost it to a huge mob of zombies... Ah well...

Ha I found two M107s in the past and never got the chance to use them. So when I found an M24 yesterday I wasn't going to die without popping off a few rounds. Even if it was just at zombies.

And as for the betrayal/hacker thing last night, I did turn around to look at who was shooting but I couldn't see anyone. That doesn't mean it wasn't a hacker. Especially since they can be invisible. But if it was a hacker I would expect him to come at us with an MK Mod and plow us all down instead of just one or two of us. I was still getting shot at when I logged so I don't know.

Maybe I should just leave these days just to Wednesday. The population on the servers seems too much on the weekends, which is I'm sure when people would most likely want to troll.

Anyone else getting an issue with DayZ Commander where it hops between loading and applying update and never opens the server list and cannot be closed by using task manager?

Uninstalling and reinstalling did not help.

testis/apollo. Try doing windows update to get the latest .NET framework (4.0). That's what Day Z Commander is built on. Reinstall as administrator. As of this moment, I'm not having any problems with Day Z commander. Only problem was that whole Day Z patch update which was because the armafiles site was being hit hard and was inaccessible even through the browser.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I died. :(

fuck the MP5SD.[/QUOTE]

Heh. That sucks. Three hours later...

After days of not even seeing a single heli crash... I came across 3, almost in-a-row. Crazy. I kind of feel bad for shooting a non-bandit on sight, though, who was approaching the site. If they're too far to communicate with, I usually just shoot first without chancing an encounter, and then it hangs with me. :(

Edit: Can I get an invite to the CAG DayZ group? I don't know if I'll join in the CAG nights, but I don't mind helping someone out occasionally, or playing with someone. I'm especially interested in hunting new-player bandits (those who hang around Cherno/Elektro in ghillies waiting to ambush new players).

ID: Rhett816

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BrentronD']Unfortunately, it doesn't rule out the rest of us. The last shot that killed insidious sounded like a single shot weapon like an enfield. I believe Stallion has an AK and sporkis has mp5 sd, so you can sort of rule them out. Now I have an enfield, but I was running in front facing away. I still think it was a hacker, but who knows. I think I'm forgetting someone, please remind me. I just don't know if I should be mad or scared. But I for sure am confused.[/QUOTE]

I assure you it wasn't me. I have no where near the knowledge to do something like that. Hell I got flamed when I told you guys I didn't have a torrent engine......and the resulting statement therefore that I must pay for my music:roll::whistle2:$

I just logged in for the first time since the Friday group game after the second hack attack. I knew we might had a group getting together Saturday but I busy most of the night setting up my brother's new Wii to join. I thought I bailed out in time unscathed....nope.:drool:

I logged back in to a pale white screen, bleeding, almost dead. I bandaged myself up crawled around for a hour trying to figure out where the hell I was. Once I knew I hid myself in a some bushes in the woods and waited to die, respawned and was able to get my gear back. I swear I spend half my time playing it doing just that.

[quote name='BrentronD']Anyways fuck you Smeagol.[/QUOTE]
second

Maybe I should just hold an "official" CAG Night on one night and make every other night @7PST/10EST "voluntary". Aka just hop in the CAG steam group chat around 7PST/10EST if you want to play with others.

Also, if whoever has been playing with us for several nights possibly take notes on which servers we've been to so we can find a server that's been consistently good to us. Looking for servers sure is a bummer, and I'd like to cut down on that time if possible.

I might be down to play tonight.

Today was a messed up day for me. My character was all geared out when the whole server gets teleported to a random location off the map. I quickly log out knowing that the hackers are about to mow down everyone.

I log onto a different server a few hours later to find the majority of my gear is gone (including food/water). Worse yet, my thirst is in red and i'm in the middle of nowhere. I still have all my tools so I whip out my axe and start heading to the nearest location I can find, which is Krasnostav air field. Over 3000 meters away...

My thirst meter starts blinking when I'm barely half way there so planning ahead I kill a goat and cook up some meat, thinking I may need the extra health when I start bleeding out from thirst. Working quick and not even stopping to put out the fire, I make a B Line straight to the airfield.

When I get there I run into the air control tower first- no food or water. I move onto the little shack next to it and hooray a can of sardines and a pepsi. I quickly chug the pepsi. In the rush I was in I didn't notice the zombie behind me. One axe swing and it's down. Unfortunately the zombie gets a hit on me first.

Now I'm bleeding and I have no bandages. With blood squirting out of me like it's that time of the month I start to panic. But I know there are two hangars I can search so I bolt towards them. I find the first one empty except for some flares and tin cans. When I get to the second one I find an AKM and gladly add it to my mostly empty inventory. I finish searching the second hangar and no bandages anywhere! At this point I'm pretty concerned. I could have just laid down and accepted what seemed to be my fate. But I still had a ghillie suit and an AS50 (even if I had no ammo for it). I was not ready to die. With my health dropping fast I choke down the cooked meat in my inventory and get to it.

So I start putting that AKM to use. I start shooting wildly, trying to attract as many zombies to me as possible. One, two, three... Six or seven zombies later and I start looting their bodies. FINALLY! A bandage! I stop the bleeding and finally let myself breathe a sigh of relief.

Damn it, this game stresses me out... Next stop: Berezino- for medical supplies, some beverages, and maybe even a weapon upgrade if I'm lucky.

Ok so I am having problems with the game. I installed the new Beta and every server I joined is either not loading or having unplayable graphical lag. I found one server but it booted me.

you should use the dayz commander from

dayzcommander.com

it updates all the files for you and you can filter out servers that dont have the update.

[quote name='shosh']you should use the dayz commander from

dayzcommander.com

it updates all the files for you and you can filter out servers that dont have the update.[/QUOTE]
Oddly enough, dayzcommander would update but then not install the files or something. I had to install the files through six launcher and then Six Launcher got stuck on syncing.

I did get to play, I died which was sad but I got back on my feet, and I now have everything I did have, except I don't have the scoped rifle but I do have an AK now.

I was the other person in the party that night we got hit on friday, Im whatisagalssesfetish. I was second to last in the line when we were running. I did not see anything, just heard what sounded like the rocket explosion again and i was down.

Ok, what the hell is going on with this game? I just started up a game and I'm relocated to the coast like I was just respawned again for no reason. I still have all my gear, my stats are all the same, it just relocated me to a random spot on the coast for no reason. Now I have to figure out where the hell I am again. Crap I was almost to the airport.

[quote name='solidus_00']Ok, what the hell is going on with this game? I just started up a game and I'm relocated to the coast like I was just respawned again for no reason. I still have all my gear, my stats are all the same, it just relocated me to a random spot on the coast for no reason. Now I have to figure out where the hell I am again. Crap I was almost to the airport.[/QUOTE]

That's apparently a bug with the latest patch. Some people will randomly loose all or some of their gear as well.

Ok so I am having problems. I tried updating in DayZ Commander and the game will download files but it doesn't install them or anything because next time I boot DayZ commander up, the game is still at 1.7.2.4. With Six Launcher, I thought I updated, I turned off my PC and then it was reverted to 1.7.2.4. Any ideas on that happened?

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Ok so I am having problems. I tried updating in DayZ Commander and the game will download files but it doesn't install them or anything because next time I boot DayZ commander up, the game is still at 1.7.2.4. With Six Launcher, I thought I updated, I turned off my PC and then it was reverted to 1.7.2.4. Any ideas on that happened?[/QUOTE]

Six launcher will revert you back to 1.7.2.4 so you can't run the update with it.

I just lost my MP5SD :cry:. Granted it was empty, but still. I put it down so I could pull out my hatchet to kill a pig and not waste ammo, then it disappeared. And wouldn't you know it shortly after I find some M9SD ammo which it could have taken. On the plus side I have like 20 steaks after hunting, and thats after I ate five just for the hell of it and threw away 3 more.....I hate wasting food :lol:

[quote name='testisbest']Six launcher will revert you back to 1.7.2.4 so you can't run the update with it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I downloaded DayZ Commander and I am using that. I hate how it takes forever to refresh servers but it works. Hopefully I can get some RL friends on tonight for DayZ, because I want to get them geared somewhat decent.

So... the lesson of the day is: Don't keep frags in your main inventory and forget about them.

Me and my brother were at the NW airfield on a 20+ player server... Nobody was there, thankfully, so we moved out of there to get some water. I had an AS50 + a Bizon SD, and a ghillie. He had an L85 w/ thermal/NV + a CZ 550, and a "camo suit" (or whatever it's called). We run by a field and see a heli crash site... Of course we're too curious to leave it alone.

He stays on overwatch, and I crawl up to it. I get next to it and a hopper somehow manages to aggro across the field. No problem, as I have the Bizon... "Wait, it's on full-auto... I better switch it..." - hits 'F' key and tries to fire* - "Wait, wait... that's not my gun... why am I-" BOOM

So I died. Next to a heli. Full of gear. :p

Then my brother went over to take some of my gear, just in-case... As soon as he stops at my body, he gets knocked unconscious by a zombie. He wakes up and tries to get away, and gets knocked out again, proceeding to bleed to death.

This comes after we were so, so cautious and avoided other people for the most part. Luckily I managed to get back there and get the AS50 and the L85 back, and then he found another crash with an M249, so we're good... but yeah... hell if I'm carrying another grenade in my main inventory. :p

I kinda want to try playing with more people. Are you guys playing tonight? Should I get on the DayZ group chat at around 10PM EST tonight? I know I saw Droogs playing real late last night, but I dunno if the group played.

I am seriously getting sick of this I join a server and it doesn't load or it has unplayable lag. I spend literally about an hour trying to find a fucking server to play with no luck that didn't have over 10 people on it.

bread's done
Back