DayZ mod for Arma II, Actual Zombie Survival

Seems like it would be better if we meet west of Zelenogorsk since some of us are already there is it not? and some newcomers could just log in earlier and run over to the region so we don't have to spend an hour finding everyone.

I'm just not sure how many of us from last night are attending tonight. Also, don't know if new comers know their way over to zeleno. I mean, we did get lost after all, haha.

[quote name='BrentronD']I'll hold another meeting tonight 7PST/10EST most likely on US 1726.

As for Day Z commander, the only problem I had was that it hung up once while downloading the ARMA 2 update. But after a quick restart of the client, the download went through just fine. Mine also is able to query the master server list and bring up all the servers just fine. From what I read, there doesn't seem to be any ports to forward for DayZ Commander, I assume it'd just be the default ports associated with ARMA 2. But with my router WRT54GL (with Tomato firmware), I didn't have to forward anything (UPnP is on, though I doubt ARMA uses that). Try uninstalling Day Z commander and reinstalling. But it really looks like you narrowed it down to a conflict between your router and either Day Z commander or Dayz/armaII

As for meeting place, we'll just call out where we spawn in and find somewhere in between. The group from last night all logged off west of Zelenogorsk.

note: I had to update ArmAII today through dayz commander, so some of you might want to do that before tonight.[/QUOTE]

What version of ArmaII are we running? I think I'm still on 95417 since the majority of the servers were still running that, but I'll update it now if were running higher. As for the meeting point, I have no problem running to meet where you guys are...that is as soon as I find it on the map that is :lol:

As for my commander problems, it is the clash between the router and commander. With going through the router if I happen to be lucky enough to through the commander to join a server, and it works through the post commander lag I was talking about it runs fine. The game itself runs fine, I can open my steam broswer and explore the web fine on it. But this is only if I have the close Day Z Commander after joining server option checked. If I leave the program open, everything goes to hell. :lol:

For the record my router is a WRT54GS, still running it's stock firmware I believe. It's old but it's got the job done. Never done anything with it because I've never run into a problem until now.

Hmm, which version of arma ii you running, steam or non steam? Just need to make sure you didn't accidentally check the steam options. If those are fine, I'd highly suggest that you reinstall commander and also verify integrity of your game files on steam if you have that version.

[quote name='BrentronD']Hmm, which version of arma ii you running, steam or non steam? Just need to make sure you didn't accidentally check the steam options. If those are fine, I'd highly suggest that you reinstall commander and also verify integrity of your game files on steam if you have that version.[/QUOTE]

Steam version, bought it durning summer sale. I'm having a brain cramp on how to tell what version it is, but all my steam games are set to update automatically. As for the verify integrity of the game files, I've done that numerous times. Everytime it keeps saying two files have a error and need to be reacquired, which I do but if you verify it again right after it finishes that. It tells you the same files you just reacquired are error and need to be downloaded again. It's done this since day one and even after a clean reinstall of the game.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Zelenogorsk is a bit of a hike for me, but not too bad. I'll make my way over.

What time are we doing this?[/QUOTE]

7PST/10EST most likely on US 1726

[quote name='solidus_00']What version of ArmaII are we running? I think I'm still on 95417 since the majority of the servers were still running that, but I'll update it now if were running higher. As for the meeting point, I have no problem running to meet where you guys are...that is as soon as I find it on the map that is :lol:

As for my commander problems, it is the clash between the router and commander. With going through the router if I happen to be lucky enough to through the commander to join a server, and it works through the post commander lag I was talking about it runs fine. The game itself runs fine, I can open my steam broswer and explore the web fine on it. But this is only if I have the close Day Z Commander after joining server option checked. If I leave the program open, everything goes to hell. :lol:

For the record my router is a WRT54GS, still running it's stock firmware I believe. It's old but it's got the job done. Never done anything with it because I've never run into a problem until now.[/QUOTE]

I imagine that its crashing because the commander is pinging too many servers and your router can't handle it.
You should install the latest firmware, and/or setting your max connections in the commandor to a lower number.

Alright, i'll hop on and try that server. Whoever wants to join, please hop in steam cag dayz group chat.

@tempscars, what's your steam profile so i can invite to cag group.

Last edited by a moderator:
Played with a friend tonight, wanted to get him started in DayZ. He has no gear, but he didn't die yet (doesn't know where he is either, lol). I found a fucking scoped rifle off a barn close to where I left off with the CAG DayZ group last night.

the steam chat is fun, but a lot of people are running six launcher without the steam overlay. you can fix it up to have the steam overlay, but a much better alternative is to switch over to dayz commander.

on a side note i was wondering if we could get a list of players with our cag handles and in-game names. it's getting confusing to remember who is who besides the people who have been there every meet compared to those who jump in and out.

[quote name='Scouter']oh, you're the guy that had 6 guns pointing at him lol.[/QUOTE]

haha yeah, with one of you slowly flanking my right side.
I'll remember not to lose you guys in the woods again.

Hey, no talking about the fun times you all had last night. It's hurtful to those of us that you left sitting in a bush waiting for someone to add them on Steam.

BTW, can't we just use Teamspeak or something? Skype?

Ok, sorry about that ts. I was trying to balance a bunch of things at once and a lot of things happened last night. But I think I added you as a friend but then took you off since i didn't get a response.

Anyways, here is the link to the steam cag group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/cagdayz

You should be able to join the steam chat room through a link there even if you're not in the group yet. Just enable mic or type a message to request a group invite through there.

Also, I HIGHLY recommend that people use Day Z Commander. And If you have the steam version you can enable steam integration by going to settings and checking both Steam options.

Again, someone suggested Skype, and I believe that's another easy way, but not everyone has skype, and it is another hit to resources. But if enough people suggest that, we can switch to talking on that. For now though, Steam chat is doing a fairly ok job. I know some.

Now for those of you who had troubles speaking through Steam voip while playing DayZ. Steam VoIP should still work in the background even when you're playing a non-steam game. Though push to talk may not work with some programs (works with Day Z) you can always set to always transmit (Steam has noise filtering to help).

Great games last night, unfortunately I had to leave abruptly, but if anyone is down to play tonight (7PST/10EST), I'm down to play a little casually.

edit: There's a new patch for Day Z 1.7.2.5. Download for it has slowed to a crawl for me on Day Z commander, I think I might just get it from the torrent.

edit2: I think I'll hold off on 1.7.2.5 for now, since most servers are still running 1.7.2.4

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to get the steam overlay to work with DayZ so I should now be able to use steam chat while in game. I had to run steam as administrator and it works.

I'll more than likely be available to play tonight.

I have the Steam version of Arma but for whatever reason there are a lot of servers I am unable to join when I go through the client.
However, I am able to join those same servers if I use Six Launcher.
The only problem with using Six Launcher is that then I can't use Steam voice chat in game.

As for DayZ Commander, it worked great for me when I first downloaded it. But now it rarely works at all.

If you're having probs with Day Z commander. Uninstall and reinstall (download the latest version), make sure to do so as administrator. Also, try to run steam as administrator. All the guides out there suggest running steam as administrator at least once when installing day z mod either through six launcher or day z commander. It seems to have fixed someone's problems with voip and dayz.

there's another update out today (3 days in a row now), specifically for the dayzmod this time. So make sure you have 1.7.2.5 installed.

And it seems like they patched an exploit that i was using (respawining in a market on a diff server to respawn loot).

setting the game times in the group is nice because of it messaging everyone. Im hoping to get some play time in with you guys over the weekend.

[quote name='paz9x']setting the game times in the group is nice because of it messaging everyone. Im hoping to get some play time in with you guys over the weekend.[/QUOTE]
That could've been just me sending msgs to everyone. But I also put up an announcement.

Also, 1.7.2.5 is available.

Download here if not through Six Launcher or DayZ Commander:
http://dayzmod.com/?Download

NOTE: Be sure to backup 1.7.2.4 before you update!

1. Navigate to your ArmAII Operation Arrowhead/@DayZ folder.
2. Rename Addons folder to something like Addons - Backup
3. Create folder Addons and extract DayZ files to there.

What was it last night like a hour to get everyone together and one hour to run to one supermarket? Thats all we did and I never had so much fun. :lol:

We meeting up were we left off last night? Cause I'm still in the area.

For the record I'm Sporkis in game.

if we play again tonight just stay where you log on. we have to see who else is playing first to decide on a meeting place.

well im in tonight if we set up, in still in zeleno. hopefully we can hit up a hospital for medical supplies, as I lost a lot of blood today and broke my leg so I used my last morphine.

and this time, lets stay the hell away from cherno.

I'm still in that same market we ended up in last night. I was testing my steam overlay earlier and joined the same server from last night (1719) and there were like 4 backpacks with m4a1's in them. I do know that I need more blood but have yet to ever actually do a blood transfusion.

bread's done
Back