DayZ mod for Arma II, Actual Zombie Survival

[quote name='BrentronD']Great night guys, lots of stuff happened. Best of all no one died!

BTW, DAT ASS.
[/QUOTE]

yea that was a pretty fun night,
especially when we stole that guys tractor and tried to run him over with his own vehicle. too bad that server crashed, which i suspect was his since it coincided with us trying to kill him.

Have a video of last night, too bad i didnt follow you guys into town
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN1fvo7iSwg

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I'm thinking of trying my hand at building a server for us to use on Dayz. I pretty much have all the parts, just need a ITX case with a power supply. I'll post back once I get it going.

[quote name='shosh']yea that was a pretty fun night,
especially when we stole that guys tractor and tried to run him over with his own vehicle. too bad that server crashed, which i suspect was his since it coincided with us trying to kill him.

Have a video of last night, too bad i didnt follow you guys into town
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN1fvo7iSwg[/QUOTE]

New Rule: Stallion must stay at least 50m away from any tractors.

Sweet Baby Jesus, I 'm freaking ecstatic right now! I made my way from where we ended after the group game wednesday night, all the way west to the big airport. Despite checking everywhere and nearly dying on more than one occasion. I didn't find anything special until I hit the last hanger. Then I found something to make the trip worth while a Coyote 24 Backpack. Yippie!:lol:

To top it off I also find a PDW, don't know whether to keep it or keep using the G17 I had. The only advantages the G17 has over it is the built in flashlight and it's supposedly quieter from some sources. Anyone got any opinions on which I should keep?

After that I figure I high tail it out of there and try to find some game to kill before I quit. Shortly after I find a cow, gut it, and ran up the hill to some tree line to find a place to cook it quick. Then on the other side of the tree line in an adjacent filed I spot my first crashed heli. No Gillie camo but I did find a DMR & L85A2 AWS!:drool:

Now I just need to learn how to shoot :lol:

Ok so I got a question. I spent about 30 mins trying to find a server tonight. Every server I went on, when I tried to join, I just got loading and it would freeze there. Any clue why it does this? I am playing on lower pop servers at the moment.

I quit after 30 mins of failure.

[quote name='solidus_00']I just broke my leg while crawling in a bush, wtf :whistle2:k.[/QUOTE]

i just broke my leg trying to open a door, passed out and died. wtf, i just lost all my stuff because of a god damn door.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']fuck! Had a L85A2 AWS with a thermal scope for about one minute. The second I try to put it in my backpack...bam, gone. fuck this game so hard.[/QUOTE]

If you put an item in your backpack that doesn't fit it will be deleted.

You guys should watch out for trees too. I've gone prone near one only to have apparently bashed my skull against it and die.

Ugh, murdered two guys in the tower at the airfield. I really hate doing shit like that, but what choice do I have? I suspect they probably would have taken me out.

[quote name='testisbest']You guys should watch out for trees too. I've gone prone near one only to have apparently bashed my skull against it and die.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, whats up with going prone lately? Half the time when I tell it to my character runs forward a few steps and slams himself into the ground. Happens even if I wasn't moving at the time. Combine that with standing up for no apparent reason to say hi to a bunch of zombies and other things. It's like they want the characters to have suicidal tendencies or something.:lol:

Oh and does anyone have a good server suggestion to try and hide a tent on? I find trying to jumble two rifles is annoying, added in the extra space ammo takes up.

Randomly in the woods you can find two trees that are right on top of each other. If you manage to place the tent in the right spot it's friggin invisible.

But with the rampant hacking at the moment it doesn't matter how well you hide your tents- they will be found. In my opinion anyway.

And as of the last patch, many servers have not been saving tents and vehicles correctly so it's probably not worth putting up a tent until they fix that.

All these shitty things, while I'm sure suck if it happens to you, sound amazingly hilarious I'm not going to lie haha, I know about DayZ and all that but never played it and it sounds like all it does is troll the players.

Woohoo. Was running through towns looking for a ghillie suit, but instead stumbled upon some loaded tents (looked legit) with a couple ghillies. I didn't grab a second one but I can swing by if someone really wants one (in the CAG group). I'm down by Elektro now though, and the camp was up north. Me and my bro were people-watching. Oh, you silly chain-suiciders.

We actually saw two (!) vehicles! One big cargo truck which was being driven, and an unmanned tractor.

Wow, wonderful. I log in, right as I log in, game says I somehow die, but I go to the character screen as usual and all my fucking gear is gone.

Great, I lost all my gear which included an AKM, and a Crossbow in storage in my 20 slot bag.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Wow, wonderful. I log in, right as I log in, game says I somehow die, but I go to the character screen as usual and all my fucking gear is gone.

Great, I lost all my gear which included an AKM, and a Crossbow in storage in my 20 slot bag.[/QUOTE]

Eugh. At least you didn't lose anything of value. Thirty minutes tops if you know where to look, to replace all that.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Why don't I play with you guys?![/QUOTE]
Because you have an excuse one way or the other to not play with us.

Well I just got on to check on the heli (and run towards town if it wasn't there), and it's not here...

Decrot's also on, but since he died, he's nowhere near here, heh. Still dark, too. Probably lost it to the restart. :(

It was fun while it lasted. We'll have to find another one... hopefully not so severely damaged.

[quote name='Rhett']Well I just got on to check on the heli (and run towards town if it wasn't there), and it's not here...

Decrot's also on, but since he died, he's nowhere near here, heh. Still dark, too. Probably lost it to the restart. :(

It was fun while it lasted. We'll have to find another one... hopefully not so severely damaged.[/QUOTE]

i told ya guys, you should let me crash it in a fiery blaze.

[quote name='BrentronD']Because you have an excuse one way or the other to not play with us.[/QUOTE]

Not true! I feel like I never know when you guys are playing.

Dunno if you'll see this Decrot, but I was gonna offer you my L85 as I found an M4A3 in the northern barracks at NW airfield. I kept the L85, but I tried every possible way to contact you through Steam. If you make it up there and get the M4, I'll definitely trade you. Didn't see anything else. (same server)

[quote name='Rhett']Dunno if you'll see this Decrot, but I was gonna offer you my L85 as I found an M4A3 in the northern barracks at NW airfield. I kept the L85, but I tried every possible way to contact you through Steam. If you make it up there and get the M4, I'll definitely trade you. Didn't see anything else. (same server)[/QUOTE]

oh really? that would be sweet. ill be on later tonight if you still have it.
if not, no biggie, just don't waste it please

Well, careful when trying to log into 1631. I think I died when spawning in and appeared in a limbo sort of state.

Tempscars, like I said, usually every night 7PST/10EST we're in the group chat room. Bring a mic as well.

Eugh. Well I spawned fine and ran to the airfield before logging out on 1631. No issues... Sucks to hear, though.

Also FYI I invited my cousin to the group. He plays occasionally (Neuros). Has a mic and will probably try to play with you guys.

[quote name='BrentronD']Well, careful when trying to log into 1631. I think I died when spawning in and appeared in a limbo sort of state.

Tempscars, like I said, usually every night 7PST/10EST we're in the group chat room. Bring a mic as well.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I'll give it a try.

Mental note never play at night in game. Lost everything, dam night vision bandits. Brentron next time remind me to hand you the gun and I'll run through town waving flares :lol:

At least I don't have the problem to juggling two rifles anymore.....that fact still doesn't make me feel any better.

Lost my rifle (for the 4th time I think now) I think due to inventory problems. Tried putting my DMR into my backpack (yes I made sure I had >10 slots free first) and since it automatically transfers all your ammo too, I went over and ended up with 3 clips of DMR and no rifle :( Honestly I think walking around with just an axe may be a better way to go since axe kills are silent.

Then I found a crossbow and a winchester in a barn. Crossbow had 2 bolts with it and the winchester nothing, so I took the bow. Did okay with that a little until I went into some kind of warehouse/barn where a zombie appeared out of the floor and attacked me. I killed him but the crossbow bolts went with his body under the floor so I couldn't retrieve them.

At least I have a G17 pistol left. That and I finally rescued by friend from starvation and dehydration and he's got a enfield rifle so I'm not totally alone.

[quote name='Ruahrc']Lost my rifle (for the 4th time I think now) I think due to inventory problems. Tried putting my DMR into my backpack (yes I made sure I had >10 slots free first) and since it automatically transfers all your ammo too, I went over and ended up with 3 clips of DMR and no rifle :( Honestly I think walking around with just an axe may be a better way to go since axe kills are silent.

Then I found a crossbow and a winchester in a barn. Crossbow had 2 bolts with it and the winchester nothing, so I took the bow. Did okay with that a little until I went into some kind of warehouse/barn where a zombie appeared out of the floor and attacked me. I killed him but the crossbow bolts went with his body under the floor so I couldn't retrieve them.

At least I have a G17 pistol left. That and I finally rescued by friend from starvation and dehydration and he's got a enfield rifle so I'm not totally alone.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. Yeah, never try to put a weapon into your backpack if it's your only main weapon. Not unless you have a LOT of room anyway. I lost 9 clips of ammo for my AS50 this way. Including 4 12.7x99m clips. :(

If you have two guns and leave no ammo in the backpack, then you can switch guns at will (just ALWAYS take the gun out of the backpack, never try to put one in when switching.)

[quote name='Rhett']That sucks. Yeah, never try to put a weapon into your backpack if it's your only main weapon. Not unless you have a LOT of room anyway. I lost 9 clips of ammo for my AS50 this way. Including 4 12.7x99m clips. :(

If you have two guns and leave no ammo in the backpack, then you can switch guns at will (just ALWAYS take the gun out of the backpack, never try to put one in when switching.)[/QUOTE]

You could also try using a fireplace as temporary storage if you have the proper tools. Basically I chopped some wood in the forest, make a fireplace, then took the stuff I wanted out of my pack to make sure I had proper room and store it on fireplace. Then I put the stuff in my current inventory into my pack and picked up the stuff I placed on the fireplace. It actually worked well just don't leave the stuff on the fireplace for too long otherwise I found it starts disappearing, but if your just doing a quick swap it works quite well.

Where do you guys spend most of your time in this game? Just started playing with a couple friends, and we've spent most of the time just running around trying to get to the big cities, which it seems like is where all the action happens. Does everybody who plays mostly hang around Cherno and Elektro?

Once we hit in game we usually find a city in between to meet up. From there, we hit the high yield areas like Berezino, Airfield, Cherno, etc. However, if there are a lot of people (hostiles) we tend to stick to the lower key areas. Well, unless people feel like running and gunning.

edit: Reminder, tonight, it'll be another CAG Night.

[quote name='BrentronD']Once we hit in game we usually find a city in between to meet up. From there, we hit the high yield areas like Berezino, Airfield, Cherno, etc. However, if there are a lot of people (hostiles) we tend to stick to the lower key areas. Well, unless people feel like running and gunning.

edit: Reminder, tonight, it'll be another CAG Night.[/QUOTE]

PEW PEW PEW PEW

-----

You do whatever you want. It depends highly on a few factors:

A: Do you like running?
B: Do you want to risk contact with other people... very likely with big guns?
C: Do you want better guns/gear/chance to find vehicles?

If so, then you want to head North[-west/-east]. Cherno's military tents only have a small portion of what's available if you go adventuring outside the coast. Especially Stary Sobor and the NW airfield. These are military areas with more military-oriented loot.

People likely are already armed and ready to shoot on sight (the farther from the coast). At least on the coast, people don't have access to much, so there's a chance they won't try to kill you. Not that everyone up North will, either, but I imagine most will.

Great games last night guys. Paz, if you stayed on a little longer...

Once we switched servers (despite being low pop), we ran into several people one after the other. Unfortunately, one of us was killed, though three of us earned our first real kills.

[quote name='BrentronD']Great games last night guys. Paz, if you stayed on a little longer...

Once we switched servers (despite being low pop), we ran into several people one after the other. Unfortunately, one of us was killed, though three of us earned our first real kills.[/QUOTE]

Yeah.. oh well...

I feel kinda crappy dying that way (the second time -- first time was totally legit) as I'm not sure how I died... but at least nobody else died. Did anyone take anything else off my body? I hope so... I had a bit of everything, including almost all of the tools.

IMHO the night vision goggles were the most important though. =P

[quote name='BrentronD']Great games last night guys. Paz, if you stayed on a little longer...

Once we switched servers (despite being low pop), we ran into several people one after the other. Unfortunately, one of us was killed, though three of us earned our first real kills.[/QUOTE]

next time, wish i couldve played longer. i ended up disconnecting in some pitch black warehouse in the countryside. should be fun finding my location without compass or map.

While I was a little sadden that I wasn't there the other night with me getting to the party late and being all the way up in Stary Sobor to participate, with the fightout with the apparent hackers and finding their box full of everything in the game goodies to raid.

I just received redemption tonight as I got my first outright pvp kill against a bandit. As soon as I saw that head scarf I just opened fire with full auto and luckily he dropped before I did. Whats better I was using zombie only sd ammo and apparently he was also so it didn't attract a horde of the buggers. Raided his corpse and got a SVD camo, almost all the tools I was missing notably Range Find and NVG (finally!). Also got the 24 backpack and PDW once again after losing them before. So I'm a happy camper right now :lol:

This game sounds so cool. My computer should be done in a week or so and this will be one of the first things I wanna play

was hoping when I do get everything set up I can join in on the CAG nights. It seems like a game where you definitely want to have a few allies with you

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrshllJcb']This game sounds so cool. My computer should be done in a week or so and this will be one of the first things I wanna play

was hoping when I do get everything set up I can join in on the CAG nights. It seems like a game where you definitely want to have a few allies with you[/QUOTE]

It can be really fun either with or without others. There's a lot of danger to playing by yourself (EX: breaking your legs or bleeding out, unconsciously, from one random zombie attack)... but that also adds to the existing adrenaline rush of not knowing who or what is out there, potentially watching you.

bread's done
Back