[DEAD?] $10 off $10 at buy.com

Eh, maybe I'll try picking up Kingdom Under Fire with this.

And " receive a $10.00 instant rebate on select products, one coupon per order, may order unlimited times" sounds like you techically should be able to order multiple times with the same card/account, but also just order those few things and not everything. Not that I'm complaining.

Still processing. Come on baby. I want me Eno! Man, this just reminds me of that $10 off any order at Barnes and Nobel.com a few months back. I got a few good cds for 2.98 shipped each unitl it was run into the ground. I'm tempted to try and order another one.....

My order says sent to warehouse. I'm still not expecting to get it though since they still have plenty of time to cancel (any remember the FYE Mafia $9.99 PS2 fiasco last year where orders were cancelled after tracking #'s were given)

I've been buying from Buy.com for about 5 years now and have never had a problem with them.

(school books, PC memory, DVDs, games, etc)

They ship their products in the same fashion as Amazon.com - shrink wrap with a flat piece of cardboard in a cardboard box.

I have also used many of these different types of coupons and they have accepted each one.

(I posted a similar deal in the comments section on the front page pertaining the Logitech wireless controller for the Xbox)

Just an FYI for those who have not used Buy.com before....

It was actually posted on FW, a few hours before it was posted here according to the post times. I agree that Fat Wallet probably hurt the chances of it being honored though just because Fat Wallet has so many people on the site.

Got it to work...finally....I bought The Game: Documentary CD for $3.88....Tried to use code again but got the typical "code already used on account...blah blah blah...interesting how it says unlimited use but for one account...TALK about a damn contradiction...now the waiting game... :nottalking:

Just got home from work/school. More than 10 pages before I even saw this. Sounds like you guys are praying for them not to be cancelled. Good luck to everyone.

I got pac man 3d for ps1 for 5.40

I got a psone and lcd screen and needed some ps1 games.

I would have got an xbox or ps2 game but I already have 5 that are crappy and gamerush doesn't have the deal anymore :(

hopefully they wont cancel

[quote name='MadFlava']Fat wallet will kills this for us. It's over.[/quote]

Fat Wallet and Slickdeals could kill anything, and i mean anything

I made two orders. Both still processing, shouldn't have waited for the wife to come home... did it a little too late.

Oh well, if it works, I got 3 games for less than 20 shipped (one was NFSU which sells for that much anyway, other two were PSX games the wife had been looking for). If not, I'll just spend the money at TRU. Thanks for the info in either case!

[quote name='RandyTsai']My order has been sent to warehouse, but i placed an ordered when the deal was originally posted on fw.[/quote]

I placed it about 5 minutes after Punq posted it, which was about 10 minutes after I found out about it.

Just got my cancellation email:

You recently placed order # at Buy.com and attempted to redeem a $10 instant rebate. Unfortunately, that rebate was not applicable on your order because the qualifying products were not purchased. As a result, your order had to be cancelled. We apologize for this inconvenience and invite you to return to the Buy.com site to purchase the qualifying products. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

Customer Support

:whistle2:(

Oh Well.

I got an email from them today:

You recently placed order #________ at Buy.com and attempted to redeem a $10 instant rebate. Unfortunately, that rebate was not applicable on your order because the qualifying products were not purchased. As a result, your order had to be cancelled. We apologize for this inconvenience and invite you to return to the Buy.com site to purchase the qualifying products. We appreciate your business.

Looks like it was a glitch in their system that allowed the $10 off to be applied to any product. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

Edit: mathrandir beat me to it

same as everyone else: i got the "order canceled" email, the website still says processing, yet somehow i am still clinging to the hope that I somehow slip through. pathetic, isnt it.

this is only the second time I've had an order canceled that i found on cheapass, tho, so i am counting myself lucky

Has anyone gotten an order confirmation, or know what happens to canceled orders? I received one of these order cancellation notices, so I checked the website, and the order is still processing. Did they just cancel the rebate, and still plan on charging me full price for the order?

I just got a cancelation notice too, and the site says still processing. Think I should cancel on there too in case they'd charge me full price, or just leave it alone in the slim case that they're dumb and send it to me anyway?

Mine was cancelled, too. Glad I didn't waste more time than I did playing around with it last night.

Although after the $2 games and DVDs actually shipped from overstock a while back it's hard for me to write off any deal (no matter how seemingly insane) as an automatic no go.

BTW, I'm sure the FWers will file a class action suit against buy.com that we can all participate in ;)

Got the cancellation email as well . . . Interesting I still had an active account on buy.com but hadn't used it for over 2 years . . . this might have been a deal to get me to include buy.com in my searches.

Not after they pull this fast one.

Here is what I sent them:

Too bad . . . I was thinking that this purchase would lead me to consider buy.com when I'm making on-line purchases.

But not after an order has been cancelled this way . . . I now have no trust in your company and will advise anyone who will listen not to do business with you.

[quote name='schultzed']Got the cancellation email as well . . . Interesting I still had an active account on buy.com but hadn't used it for over 2 years . . . this might have been a deal to get me to include buy.com in my searches.

Not after they pull this fast one.

Here is what I sent them:

Too bad . . . I was thinking that this purchase would lead me to consider buy.com when I'm making on-line purchases.

But not after an order has been cancelled this way . . . I now have no trust in your company and will advise anyone who will listen not to do business with you.[/quote]

:) i wrote them almos the same thing

Cancelled. Figures. I sent them an email too though:
To whom it may concern,
Pffft (Enjoy the phonetic nature of it), like I'd actually place another order after you cheaped out on me. I know you're not obligated to honor your mistakes, but it doesn't change the fact that I want that cheap compact disc. You know, your company should still send it to me for the $4.88 I was billed solely because I'm such a "cool" guy. Seriously, reconsider and maybe some good karma will come your way.
Sincerely,
*name deleted*

bread's done
Back