(DEAD) $5 off DVD or Blu-Ray coupon

[quote name='slowdive21']Was the Iron man 2 on DVD or bluray?[/QUOTE]

I would imagine the dvd because Iron man 2 blu is on sale for $19.99 not $14.99

[quote name='slowdive21']Was the Iron man 2 on DVD or bluray?[/QUOTE]
Probably the Blu-Ray version as "I" picked it up for $9.99 as well (after $5 off coupon).

Picked up the fighter for $10. Must have over looked iron man 2. Tried to use the coupon on the last best buy exclusive inception but was denied the sale price so i passed.

[quote name='VIDEOGAME IGODI']Probably the Blu-Ray version as "I" picked it up for $9.99 as well (after $5 off coupon).[/QUOTE]

You're talking about Iron Man 1; he's talking about Iron Man 2.

[quote name='Hulkamaniac418']Okay, I didn't want to go through 15 pages. Can this be used on TV show seasons?[/QUOTE]If it's on DVD or Blu-ray and it's $14.99 or up, then yes. :applause:

There's also a display of some pretty solid catalog titles on Blu for $15 at my nearest store, all of em with DVDs and digital copies. I bought HOT FUZZ, and was tempted by a few others. Also, this selection includes NEW digital copies of some that had already expired-- FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL, for example.

Also saw: KNOCKED UP, AMERICAN GANGSTER, LAST STARFIGHTER, among others.

Managed to use it on the Lincoln Lawyer today, will probably go again on Saturday to pick up Hall Pass.

Question...they rang up the coupon, so is the SKU not entered into their system or something that we're allowed to use copies of the coupon over and over again?

Got green hornet and black swan 11.99 each. Anyone know how to take the price tag off of the slip cover without ruining it? I hate when they do that

[quote name='deadbird']Got green hornet and black swan 11.99 each. Anyone know how to take the price tag off of the slip cover without ruining it? I hate when they do that[/QUOTE]Haven't tried myself but people have told me and after searching youtube, using WD-40, or rubbing alcohol, or Goo Gone, or even Scotch tape, or Windex can remove sticker residue. I will try tomorrow.

[quote name='orale1226']Can you use 2 coupons in one transaction?[/QUOTE]

YMMV, but tentatively yes. Lots of people are reporting success. I just did it, although it took some convincing (and the manager was too busy to answer when the cashier called to see if he could :D). Both scan just fine.

Went to get Rango just now fully expecting to find they were sold out, and was surprised by how many copies they had -- a huge display filled with them. The cashier asked me whether I had a little boy or a little girl that I was buying it for, and seemed surprised when I said I was buying it for myself. Heh. I thought Rango was supposed to be more directed at adult audiences? I guess some people just assume that anything animated is for children.

Had some slight difficulty using both coupons because the cashier didn't know how to handle the manufacturer's coupon. He tried to just scan it, and of course it didn't take anything off of the total that way. When I insisted that wasn't right, he called a manager over and she showed him how to enter the coupon manually (like they do for the Disney coupons). Worked out fine after that.

[quote name='arcane93']Had some slight difficulty using both coupons because the cashier didn't know how to handle the manufacturer's coupon. He tried to just scan it, and of course it didn't take anything off of the total that way. When I insisted that wasn't right, he called a manager over and she showed him how to enter the coupon manually (like they do for the Disney coupons). Worked out fine after that.[/QUOTE]The DMR $5 off coupon won't scan and deduct from the purchase at Best Buy. They have to do F6 or F7 on the register and enter the amount of the coupon, which comes off the total post-tax (out here it's post-tax).

Target and Walmart, those coupons will scan without issue and deduct the coupon value from the purchase.

[quote name='shrike4242']The DMR $5 off coupon won't scan and deduct from the purchase at Best Buy. They have to do F6 or F7 on the register and enter the amount of the coupon, which comes off the total post-tax (out here it's post-tax).[/QUOTE]

Yup, exactly. That's what they had to do with the Rango coupon as well. I assume that most/all manufacturer's coupons are like that there. Would be nice if they'd train their cashiers in this, though -- this isn't the first time I've gotten a cashier who hasn't known how to deal with it.

[quote name='arcane93']Yup, exactly. That's what they had to do with the Rango coupon as well. I assume that most/all manufacturer's coupons are like that there. Would be nice if they'd train their cashiers in this, though -- this isn't the first time I've gotten a cashier who hasn't known how to deal with it.[/QUOTE]That's how I've seen every single manufacturer coupon be handled at Best Buy. They auto-scan at Target and Walmart, though for some reason, they don't scan at BB.

I do agree that training of the reps on how to handle them would be helpful in situations like this, though it's been less of an issue for me in the last year or so. The rep who did handle my Rango coupon gave it quite the once-over on what to do with it, though she eventually did the F6 or F7 and entered in the amount. All done after that point.

Just got back and picked up Rango and Forgetting Sarah Marshall for 9.99 before tax. The $5 off coupons did stack in the same transaction, but I feel like its YMMV.

I tried to use the coupons on insidious and the cashier said that the movies are all discounted and I can only use the coupon on normally priced movies /:

[quote name='farva2']I tried to use the coupons on insidious and the cashier said that the movies are all discounted and I can only use the coupon on normally priced movies /:[/QUOTE]

Try again or just go to a different person. It's YMMV on whether the person actually reads the fine print or not. Most don't. One time I got rejected, I literally took it over to the customer service who just rang it up no questions asked.

[quote name='farva2']I tried to use the coupons on insidious and the cashier said that the movies are all discounted and I can only use the coupon on normally priced movies /:[/QUOTE]
Sucks I got True Grit for free with this and RZ credit. Cashier was jealous and asked where to get the coupon at.

Despicable Me is on sale for $14.99 this week, bringing it down to $9.99 this week. I don't think I've seen it that cheap before.

YMMV. I was able to pricematch the $5 off coupon at Walmart. They had Transformers 1&2 blu ray special edition 4discs giftset in my store but also online for $25. So I paid $20+tax after using the $5 off coupon. :bouncy:

Before that, I got shot down to use the coupon at BestBuy because I pricematched the Walmart ad. Ah well. They didn't get my moneys. :applause:

[quote name='crazedracerguy']This coupon has been epic... I'll be sad to see it go.[/QUOTE]

Seriously... I'm still confused about what they're thinking with it (it has to be killing their profit margin on all of the $14.99 titles that I keep buying), but it has been pretty awesome. Between that and the trade-in promo before it, Best Buy has really been awesome with the discounts lately. Hopefully they keep it up.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']I think I'll be in for Despicable Me this week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was looking at that one today, but much as I do want it I couldn't totally talk myself into buying it. Mostly because I'm spending so much on the B&N Criterion sale that it's hard to justify buying any other blu-rays this month. I ended up picking up Iron Man 2 though, because it's a given that we'll be going to Captain America (I think my gf is actually more excited about it than I am), so it was a no-brainer with the movie cash. Glad I waited on grabbing it and didn't jump when it was $19.99 with the movie cash a couple of weeks ago.

[quote name='arcane93']Seriously... I'm still confused about what they're thinking with it (it has to be killing their profit margin on all of the $14.99 titles that I keep buying), but it has been pretty awesome. Between that and the trade-in promo before it, Best Buy has really been awesome with the discounts lately. Hopefully they keep it up.[/QUOTE]I'm sure it's been doing a number on it, yes.

Even more so when it's an item like Rango which allows for double-dip with the manufacturer coupon to have it be $9.99 + tax.

If they hadn't allowed it to work with sale prices, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be using them for anything more than $14.99 titles that aren't on sale.

anyone recommend The Road on blu ray? Never seen it and im on the fence with it. Also dont know if its been on sale but I just saw No Country for Old Men on sale for 7.99 gonna pick that up with Eastern Promises.

The Road is a good movie but it is crazy dark (in tone). You'll want to watch something very happy afterward to balance it out.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'm sure it's been doing a number on it, yes.

Even more so when it's an item like Rango which allows for double-dip with the manufacturer coupon to have it be $9.99 + tax.

If they hadn't allowed it to work with sale prices, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be using them for anything more than $14.99 titles that aren't on sale.[/QUOTE]

Well, for what it's worth, they should be getting the money back from the manufacturer for the manufacturer's coupons. So combining with those shouldn't be any additional loss, unless they're not bothering to file claims for them (in which case, I have no sympathy, that would be their own choice).

And yeah, actually, I think that pretty much everything that I've bought with the coupon has also been on sale. I can't even think of any titles that I'd want that are $14.99 regular price there.

[quote name='deadbird']anyone recommend The Road on blu ray? Never seen it and im on the fence with it. Also dont know if its been on sale but I just saw No Country for Old Men on sale for 7.99 gonna pick that up with Eastern Promises.[/QUOTE]

In terms of visual quality it isn't extremely impressive but it's still an awesome movie. It's the realistic post apocalypse movie.

of like the 20+ items I bought with this coupon, I believe the only non sale title I bought was Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job Season 5 on dvd.

this works like gangbusters on the TV seasons that are on sale. Just completed Friday Night Lights with S4 and S5 for $10 and $15..also got Nip/Tuck S5-2 and S6 for $10.00 each. Pretty epic!! Got denied at one store, but with a 17 year old chick at another..no problems!

yeah it has been an amazing coupon to grow my tv show collection. when I got carnivale season one I was stoked, just noticed they lowered season 2 to 14.99, so I picked it up last night. along with flight of the conchords season 1 & 2. got each set for 9.99 plus tax.

[quote name='martinez91']Picked up Iron man 1+2 with coupons for 21.xx... Can't wait to see captain america![/QUOTE]

I am late to this party and wanted to do the same as you. Can you ring up both movies in one transaction and give them one or two coupons? Also I am printing out the coupon and its huge. Is this what people are bringing in or are they just showing it on their phones.

I did the exact same thing for the free movie tickets. I bought Iron Man 1 & 2 and Hobo with a shotgun and used 3 $5 coupons in the same transaction. The cashier didn't really care and rang up all of the coupons.

I love this deal :D

Picked up Despicable Me for $10 after coupon. Girl at cashier read the coupon and was like "It doesn't work on sale items, but let me try it!" She seemed surprise that it worked, but let it through.

Quick question for anyone that bought Despicable Me. On the slipcover, it says it's suppose to be the Blu Ray + DVD + Digital Copy edition, but on actual case, it only shows info for the Blu Ray and DVD. I checked all of the copies in the store (20+) and they were all the same (Digital Copy on slipcover, no mention on case). Is there a digital copy included and it's just not mentioned on the case, or should I check other copies at other Best Buys if I want the digital copy? All my other Disney movies mention the digital copy on the actual case, so wasn't sure if they changed it for just this movie. Thanks for any help :)

Yes there's a digital copy included in Despicable Me. Inside the case is a paper cd holder thingy and inside that has the digital copy.

[quote name='dopehat']Yes there's a digital copy included in Despicable Me. Inside the case is a paper cd holder thingy and inside that has the digital copy.[/QUOTE]

Perfect! Thanks :) Now I don't need to bring the DVD version with me to school :)

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']I am late to this party and wanted to do the same as you. Can you ring up both movies in one transaction and give them one or two coupons? Also I am printing out the coupon and its huge. Is this what people are bringing in or are they just showing it on their phones.[/QUOTE]

Didn't want to push it as this is the first time I've used this coupon and I haven't been to this best buy in a long time either. So I just had somebody else that was with me buy the second one while I bought the first one. Also the default is a huge coupon but you can change it on the print screen before you push print. I just checked one box (forgot which one, sorry) and it was about 1/2 the size of a dollar bill. The default size is ridiculous.

bread's done
Back