(DEAD) $5 off DVD or Blu-Ray coupon

[quote name='AshesofWake']Looks like the coupon doesn't work on Music DVDs? I tried today it wouldnt work. sigh :(

anybody else try it on Music dvds?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't seem to work automatically, but I lucked out and had a cashier manually adjust it on one last week. So YMMV.

I got the Joe Bonamassa Live from Royal Albert Hall last week for 9.99 after coupon (was on sale for $14.99).

Thanks to Shrike for mentioning Serenity. It's an awesome movie and I just got it for $9.99 ac. I also picked up Jonah Hex for $9.99 ac. I've not watched it yet, but that's the cheapest I've seen it.

I was able to pick up Season 5 of Psych and Season 8 of Monk for $14.99 and $9.99 AC, respectively. This coupon is--no wait, was :)cry:)--so awesome...

Is this good on 3D blu-rays

And can I use three different coupons on three different movies at the same time

[quote name='starmask2k3']Is this good on 3D blu-rays

And can I use three different coupons on three different movies at the same time[/QUOTE]

Yes and Yes as along they are all $14.99 and up.

BB put Saving Private Ryan on sale for too low ($13) this Sunday and now it doesn't qualify. I never thought I would want an item to be higher priced.

I'll be glad when this coupon dies so I can stop impulsively buying movies. (I have terrible impulse control.)

Other $10 a/c catalog release to consider candidates: 5 Deadly Venoms, Princess Bride (BD-only version).

[quote name='neocisco']BB put Saving Private Ryan on sale for too low ($13) this Sunday and now it doesn't qualify. I never thought I would want an item to be higher priced.[/QUOTE]
I was in that situation with Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker. Ultimately was only about a $1 or $2 difference, but I still waited for it to go back up. (Obviously not a viable tactic anymore.)

I'll be glad when this coupon dies so I can stop impulsively buying movies. (I have terrible impulse control.)

For those others with poor impulse control, other $10 a/c catalog release candidates to consider: 5 Deadly Venoms, Princess Bride (BD-only version).

Used this coupon four more times to day. I think that brings me up to 12 times total now. Today I got Hot Fuzz Blu, V Season 1, Caprica Season 1.5, and Monk season 7. Now I just need a good deal on Season 1 of Caprica.

[quote name='dafunkk12']For catalog releases, Amelie, Blues Brothers, and Animal House just came out and are $10 a/c.[/QUOTE]

Ohhh, completely forgot Amelie came out on blu-ray this month! Going to my store today! Been wanting to see this masterpiece again since it was taken off Netflix instant, so thanks for the reminder!

coupons.com has a $3 off Bridget Jones's Diary, Chocolat, or Amelie on blu. This will go nicely for Amelie at Best Buy if you can use the $5 off then the $3 off. to get it for $7 plus tax.

M

[quote name='Mikerocosms']coupons.com has a $3 off Bridget Jones's Diary, Chocolat, or Amelie on blu. This will go nicely for Amelie at Best Buy if you can use the $5 off then the $3 off. to get it for $7 plus tax.[/QUOTE]
That's a little iffy because the $5 coupon might cancel out once it goes below $14.99.

[quote name='Jodou']That's a little iffy because the $5 coupon might cancel out once it goes below $14.99.[/QUOTE]

It shouldn't. Manufacturer's coupons should get applied after everything else, so the $5 coupon should come off before the manufacturer's coupon does.

I was thinking of trying it with Amelie, but I don't know whether to bother or not. I imported the Canadian version of it literally a week before the US release was announced. :bomb: Not sure if the differences (soft subs vs. burned-in subs, and one additional special feature) are really worth it or not.

[quote name='arcane93']It shouldn't. Manufacturer's coupons should get applied after everything else, so the $5 coupon should come off before the manufacturer's coupon does.[/QUOTE]
You say that now, but it's one of the reasons I stopped shopping at TRU when they refused a promotion for that exact issue. The manager wouldn't override it when the register couldn't process both. That said, TRU's POS blows so I'd hope BB doesn't have the same problem.

[quote name='Jodou']You say that now, but it's one of the reasons I stopped shopping at TRU when they refused a promotion for that exact issue. The manager wouldn't override it when the register couldn't process both. That said, TRU's POS blows so I'd hope BB doesn't have the same problem.[/QUOTE]

Well, let's put it this way... It worked fine for me (and for many others) with the manufacturer's coupon for Rango. Came out to $9.99 when all was said and done.

[quote name='arcane93']Well, let's put it this way... It worked fine for me (and for many others) with the manufacturer's coupon for Rango. Came out to $9.99 when all was said and done.[/QUOTE]
That's because no matter how the coupons were processed, it was always $14.99 before the other. This one would fall below that threshold.

[quote name='Jodou']That's because no matter how the coupons were processed, it was always $14.99 before the other. This one would fall below that threshold.[/QUOTE]

Oh, duh, good point. Well, it's worth a try anyway, most they can say is no (at which point, you have to decide whether the movie is worth another $3 to you or not).

I made my last trip for using the coupon last night. I picked up Amelie, Unstoppable, Animal House, and Hot Fuzz. I used both coupons for Amelie without a problem. Manufacturer coupon was rung up last. My color ink is low and I hate that those coupon sites don't let you change options before printing. At 1st they thought the coupon was for Spy Kids because of the ad on the bottom but after a minute of explaining they scanned it.

I was hoping to pick up Forbidden Planet as well but they had no copies under the display even though online claimed they had it in stock. I was late to the game with this coupon but in the last 2 weeks I picked around 12 titles. Of which 8 or 9 I probably wouldn't have bought otherwise.

[quote name='goldeneye64']I made my last trip for using the coupon last night. I picked up Amelie, Unstoppable, Animal House, and Hot Fuzz. I used both coupons for Amelie without a problem. Manufacturer coupon was rung up last. My color ink is low and I hate that those coupon sites don't let you change options before printing. At 1st they thought the coupon was for Spy Kids because of the ad on the bottom but after a minute of explaining they scanned it.

I was hoping to pick up Forbidden Planet as well but they had no copies under the display even though online claimed they had it in stock. I was late to the game with this coupon but in the last 2 weeks I picked around 12 titles. Of which 8 or 9 I probably wouldn't have bought otherwise.[/QUOTE]

I had trouble finding Forbidden Planet also, I found 4 copies on an endcap.

[quote name='goldeneye64']I was hoping to pick up Forbidden Planet as well but they had no copies under the display even though online claimed they had it in stock.[/QUOTE]

If you want something, the website says they have it in stock, and you can't find it, always ask. I've had more than one occasion (a lot more than one, actually :lol:) where I've asked about a CD or a blu-ray, and it's turned out they've had all of the copies stashed away in the back storage room. Don't know how they intend to sell them that way. Just be prepared to have to wait a bit, because it usually takes a little while (and the employee looking everywhere else first) before they figure it out.

[quote name='arcane93']If you want something, the website says they have it in stock, and you can't find it, always ask. I've had more than one occasion (a lot more than one, actually :lol:) where I've asked about a CD or a blu-ray, and it's turned out they've had all of the copies stashed away in the back storage room. Don't know how they intend to sell them that way. Just be prepared to have to wait a bit, because it usually takes a little while (and the employee looking everywhere else first) before they figure it out.[/QUOTE]

I second this. They've never failed me having something in stock that is reported to be in-stock.

As a recent example - I made a trip looking for Metropolis at $14.99-$5. It was supposed to be in stock only at this 1 store (have about 4 in my area). I couldn't find a copy under the "M's" and also under "The". I then got an employee to double check things for me, he couldn't find it either. In the store they can actually tell you the exact quantity they have. His computer showed not 1, but TWO copies in stock so with that I kept looking.

Finally the employee went looking in the back stock room, and I just kept wandering around thinking maybe it was on a random sale endcap or something. After a couple of minutes it finally it hit me to look for it under the "C's" and there it was alphabetized with the "C's" for the COMPLETE Metropolis. Obviously it should have been with the M's, but you never really know. Even though he didn't really "do" anything, without checking with that employee and giving myself an extra couple minutes to look around I might have gone away empty handed. I even put the other copy where it belonged for them. :lol:

The whole Metropolis being listed under "C" thing has been commented upon in a few posts here and on a number of other forums and I can't understand how they would do such a stupid thing.

They don't, for instance, put "The Complete" season sets of TV shows in the "C" section for TV shows... I'm sure that would make that section unbearably large... so I don't know why they put this film under "C".

Whoever designs their company-wide shelving plans needs to get a paycut for that fuck-up!

It was nice using you coupon. I hope you or a better one will come soon. Me love you long time! Bought 11 items with this. See you next time. :wave::cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Used the coupon one last time today. Got Raging Bull (10 AC) and was gonna use another coupon for kill bill which had a sticker tag for 16.99 but rang up at 7.99! Didn't even need the coupon for kill bill. Great deal.

I went and picked up The New World for $5 today after the coupon and a $5 RZ certificate for my last coupon buy. I did pretty well with this coupon overall, though I would have picked up a lot more with it if it hadn't coincided with the Criterion sale at B&N (most of my blu-ray money for July went there). Oh well, given their recent trends (the trade-in deal, followed by this coupon), it will be interesting to see what (if anything) Best Buy comes up with to make me buy a bunch of blu-rays next!

Goodbye $5 off coupon you will be missed.

Dawson-Crying-GIF.gif

11906496_cry_gif.gif

bread's done
Back