(DEAD) $5 off DVD or Blu-Ray coupon

[quote name='justoneuncle']I can't seem to find the Fight Club coupon mentioned a few pages back. Have they been taken down?[/QUOTE]Expired today, so I'd assume as much.

[quote name='justoneuncle']I can't seem to find the Fight Club coupon mentioned a few pages back. Have they been taken down?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the coupons ended today. It was on here but nothing shows up now: http://www.yearofamillionmoments.com/coupons/

I had success earlier using this $3 coupon and the $5 coupon for Fight Club blu ray. The cashier had to ask the greeter at the front if it was ok to use two coupons and the greeter guy said it was ok. So it was YMMV.

[quote name='justoneuncle']I can't seem to find the Fight Club coupon mentioned a few pages back. Have they been taken down?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the coupons ended today. It was on here but nothing shows up now: http://www.yearofamillionmoments.com/coupons/

I had success earlier using this $3 manufacturer coupon I printed out a day ago and the $5 bestbuy coupon for Fight Club blu ray. The cashier had to ask the greeter at the front if it was ok to use two coupons and the greeter guy said it was ok. So it was YMMV.

Hnnn... warehouse 13 season 2 for 14.99 after coupon next week is pretty tempting.... as it is too expensive at 40 dollar for only 12 episodes...

I grabbed Sucker Punch 3-disc yesterday with the coupon. My buddy snagged a good deal though with Children of Men and the Gattaca/Fifth Element pack for ~$20 pre-tax.

Finally my store was able to find the "Hot Fuzz" Blu/DVD combo packs that came out on Tuesday. Was able to pick one up for $9.99 after coupon.

Man, I'm not really sure that I need to own Sucker Punch (actually, I'm pretty sure that I don't), but I want to see the extended cut when I see it, and I'm afraid Netflix will only get the theatrical cut since that's all the single-disc version contains. Torn on whether to just bite the bullet and grab it while I can combine the sale and the coupon or not.

freaks and geeks complete series is on sale for 26.99, use coupon and get it for 21.99 and tax. one of the best tv viewing experiences anyone can have. I bought it years ago for a lot more, just posting in case anyone was unaware of the sale price.

[quote name='irighti']freaks and geeks complete series is on sale for 26.99, use coupon and get it for 21.99 and tax. one of the best tv viewing experiences anyone can have. I bought it years ago for a lot more, just posting in case anyone was unaware of the sale price.[/QUOTE]

sweet! thanks for the info

[quote name='irighti']freaks and geeks complete series is on sale for 26.99, use coupon and get it for 21.99 and tax. one of the best tv viewing experiences anyone can have. I bought it years ago for a lot more, just posting in case anyone was unaware of the sale price.[/QUOTE]

also note the sale is only today and tomorrow. Its a steal at that price.

Also worth noting at Best Buy, the Godfather Collection is on sale (again, today and tomorrow only) for $39.99 -- or $34.99 after the coupon. According to the price-tracker on blu-ray.com, that's by far the cheapest it has been at either Best Buy or Amazon, and Godfather III has yet to be released individually (so at least for now, if you want it, this set is your only option).

In the same sale, Star Trek: The Original Motion Picture Collection is $49.99 ($44.99 ac), and the Bourne Trilogy set is $29.99 ($24.99 ac).

I forgot to give them my reward zone number with my purchase earlier. Anyone know if I can enter my receipt info to get my purchase points in? Thanks.

[quote name='D0RC']I forgot to give them my reward zone number with my purchase earlier. Anyone know if I can enter my receipt info to get my purchase points in? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

you should be able to. Ive never done it myself but an employee told me before that you can

[quote name='D0RC']I forgot to give them my reward zone number with my purchase earlier. Anyone know if I can enter my receipt info to get my purchase points in? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you can. My account was broken for a little while so that I couldn't directly apply my Reward Zone account to my online orders, so I had to enter them into the Reward Zone site afterward.

Just go to the Reward Zone site (http://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com), log in, and find the "report missing points" link. From there, it should be easy to figure out.

Can't wait to hit up Best Buy tomorrow with three coupons handy...

13 Assassins Blu-ray for $12.99, Hobo With A Shotgun Blu-ray for $12.99, and Of Gods and Men Blu-ray/DVD Combo for $21.99 after the $15 total savings. Stoked. I had all of these pre-ordered at a local MovieStop, because I was not sure how Best Buy would be pricing these titles, but since they're comparable, I'll just have to shift my money to something else...perhaps I'll just wait until next week and use all of the pre-order dollars towards my copy of [REC] 2...

[quote name='GreyFox787']Can't wait to hit up Best Buy tomorrow with three coupons handy...

13 Assassins Blu-ray for $12.99, Hobo With A Shotgun Blu-ray for $12.99, and Of Gods and Men Blu-ray/DVD Combo for $21.99 after the $15 total savings. Stoked. I had all of these pre-ordered at a local MovieStop, because I was not sure how Best Buy would be pricing these titles, but since they're comparable, I'll just have to shift my money to something else...perhaps I'll just wait until next week and use all of the pre-order dollars towards my copy of [REC] 2...[/QUOTE]

I just love the fact that you represent a crossover audience between Of Gods and Men and Hobo With a Shotgun. :lol:

Bought MST 3000 Volume XX (DVD) for $15.00 after $5.00 off. Also bought 30 Rock Season 3 (DVD) for $12.00 after $5.00 off.

[quote name='GreyFox787']Can't wait to hit up Best Buy tomorrow with three coupons handy...

13 Assassins Blu-ray for $12.99[/QUOTE]
Damn, I might have to drive an hour into Columbia this week for this.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Damn, I might have to drive an hour into Columbia this week for this.[/QUOTE]

You're going to spend more on gas than you'd save with the coupon (not to mention the time). It's $17.99 on Amazon, I'd just order it from there if I had to go that far to get to a Best Buy.

I can't believe I missed Freaks and Geeks. One of my favorite shows of all time. I was out camping this weekend and just got back today. This is so depressing and angering. It's worse that if I type it in on Google, I still see it for $26.99, but when clicking, it shows up as $56.99. Does anyone have the scan for the $26.99 price?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chronoserge456'] It's worse that if I type it in on Google, I still see it for $26.99, but when clicking, it shows up as $56.99. Does anyone have the scan for the $26.99 price?[/QUOTE]

That's because the sale price ended Saturday. What would a scan do?

[quote name='arcane93']You're going to spend more on gas than you'd save with the coupon (not to mention the time). It's $17.99 on Amazon, I'd just order it from there if I had to go that far to get to a Best Buy.[/QUOTE]
It's a good point, but my buddy wants to go to Buffalo Wild Wings, so at some point this week he'll be going up there and I will just roll with him.

It really sucks that Toys R Us, Target, and Best Buy are all about an hour away from here. I see so many deals on this site but Columbia or Florence are both an hour away. Hate being stationed here.

[quote name='movie2cats']For those that want it, Eureka 4.0 is actually 14.99, making it 9.99 after coupon.[/QUOTE]

Oh damn, that's tempting... I just recently watched the first three seasons on Netflix instant watch, but they cut off there. I wonder how much longer it'll be before they get this season -- I don't feel the need to own it if I can get it streaming, but I don't want to wait forever for it either.

Hrm, only 10 episodes, though . . .

Picked up 13 Assassins today for 12.99 plus tax.
Actually, returned an unopened copy of Sucker Punch (the non EC) and made the quick swap...
Prolly head back later this week for some Hobo action...

I'm curious whether anyone here who is planning on buying Hobo With a Shotgun has actually seen it yet. I mean, I want to see it too just because it looks so ridiculous, but I'm not convinced that I need to own it.

[quote name='arcane93']I'm curious whether anyone here who is planning on buying Hobo With a Shotgun has actually seen it yet. I mean, I want to see it too just because it looks so ridiculous, but I'm not convinced that I need to own it.[/QUOTE]

I think I just might be in the minority here, but I didn't like Hobo With a Shotgun at all. I'm a relatively enthusiastic grindhouse fan--I own around 50 movies that could be categorized as such--and was really looking forward to Hobo after that awesome trailer was put out. The actual movie didn't really do much for me though. There just seemed to be an artifice to the film that I couldn't shake, like it was trying too hard to be a grindhouse film. Other grindhouse fans I've talked to have liked Hobo, so you can take my opinion with a grain of salt. Regardless, I don't think anybody views it as something particularly special for the genre.

[quote name='rapsodist']I think I just might be in the minority here, but I didn't like Hobo With a Shotgun at all. I'm a relatively enthusiastic grindhouse fan--I own around 50 movies that could be categorized as such--and was really looking forward to Hobo after that awesome trailer was put out. The actual movie didn't really do much for me though. There just seemed to be an artifice to the film that I couldn't shake, like it was trying too hard to be a grindhouse film. Other grindhouse fans I've talked to have liked Hobo, so you can take my opinion with a grain of salt. Regardless, I don't think anybody views it as something particularly special for the genre.[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's pretty much what I've heard about it, which is why I'm curious about the people who are buying it. I want to see it anyway just for the hell of it, but I'm fine with just Netflixing it. And I'm sure that if I really love it that much after seeing it through Netflix, it'll be available for cheap again later. I don't suspect I will, though.

I haven't gotten a chance to get to BB yet to get what I want, but I still plan to. I'm just very surprised that BB is even allowing anyone to get $5 off each dvd (given how strict they usually are). Do you have to do separate transactions? TIA.

[quote name='arcane93']Yup, that's pretty much what I've heard about it, which is why I'm curious about the people who are buying it. I want to see it anyway just for the hell of it, but I'm fine with just Netflixing it. And I'm sure that if I really love it that much after seeing it through Netflix, it'll be available for cheap again later. I don't suspect I will, though.[/QUOTE]

The slipcase is enough to get me to pay $12.99 for it now rather than a slipcase-less version for $9.99 or under down the road. I'm weird like that.

[quote name='LordStanley1893']Picked up 13 Assassins for $11.99 and Tron Legacy for $9.99 today.[/QUOTE]

How did you get tron for $9.99??

*EDIT* NM It must be DVD not blu ray ;)

[quote name='farva2']Where is everyone getting these coupons???[/QUOTE]

Did you seriously just ask this question?

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']^ On the first page of this thread.[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't have told him. If you can't even be bothered to look at the OP, you don't deserve to know.

[quote name='arcane93']I'm curious whether anyone here who is planning on buying Hobo With a Shotgun has actually seen it yet. I mean, I want to see it too just because it looks so ridiculous, but I'm not convinced that I need to own it.[/QUOTE]

I've seen it. To me it was Wal-Mart $5 bin material.

[quote name='goodbyetonight']I've seen it. To me it was Wal-Mart $5 bin material.[/QUOTE]

I feel like I've gotten much better movies than it out of the Wal-Mart $5 bin. :lol:

My store was all sold out of 13 Assassins. Hopefully they restock before the end of the week.

Picked up (BD; prices after coupon):
The Mission $9.99
Dances with Wolves $9.99 (about five copies in various places around the store, none w/ slipcase)
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker $11.99 (actually waited for this to return to full price since it's cheaper a/c than when it was on sale)

[quote name='MrSneis']How did you get tron for $9.99??

*EDIT* NM It must be DVD not blu ray ;)[/QUOTE]

Yes still in the dino age lol. I'll probably upgrade early next year to HD & Blu Ray.

bread's done
Back