(DEAD) $5 off DVD or Blu-Ray coupon

Breaking Bad season 1 and 2 are on sale for $14.99, so $9.99 A/C. The first season is coming up regular price in store, so you'll have to get a PM. Also season 3 is on sale for $24.99. Picked up all three for forty bucks before tax! Thanks to the fine folks over at the bluray.com forums for the heads up!

Season 1:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Breakin...eyword, SKU # or Item #Breaking bad&lp=6&cp=1

Season 2:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Breakin...eyword, SKU # or Item #Breaking bad&lp=7&cp=1

Season 3:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Breakin...05514&skuId=2579417&st=breaking bad&lp=2&cp=1

Fixed the links, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks but your first and second season links are the dvd versions. Although I have checked and the blu's are the same price.

M

Used two coupons in the same transaction on two sale movies: The Fighter and Legend. Asterisks on the screen but all automatic; no overriding required.

I almost wish Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker *wasn't* currently on sale so that I could use the coupon. Oh well, plenty of time.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Time to go snag :br: Avatar CE for $14.99 AC.[/QUOTE]

Amazon has matched BB's $19.99 sale price if anyone doesn't mind waiting for a 1-2 week shipping delay, or doesn't have the same indifferent clerks that would allow the use of the coupon on a sale item.

Just left the one in Springfield, MO. Wanted Battle:LA for $12.99 after coupon. The coupon Nazi at the register told me it wouldn't work for 2 reasons. "#1: this movie is less than $19.99, #2 this movie is on sale". I politely pointed out the coupon is for $14.99 & up then told her just to scan it and it will work. She said she wouldn't scan it. So I grabbed my coupon and walked out. I'm really tired of these employees that act like they make the rules, let the computer or manager decide.

I would have walked straight to CS and bought it there. I've (surprisingly) had more success just buying coupon deals there than at the register. Gestapo Buy is more like it.

I've been premier silver for 3yrs in a row and sometimes they bend over backwards for me. I PM'd BB.com earlier this week for Matrix Trilogy Blu set and used this coupon. The manager came over and said if the computer accepts it then it's fine. This lady just had manageritis (We used that term when I sold cars for other salesman that wanted to be a manager so bad they tried to act like one) I guess.

For those who got the coupon to work with the BTTF trilogy and the Target price match, was there much hassle getting the cashiers to do both? Did they send people over to customer service to have it done?

I could not get both the PM and the coupon to work at either of the two BB's. Hell, at one, I couldn't get the PM to work either.

Went to another BB though and they PMed without any issues. Now I don't have to try to hunt one down at Target. I also picked up True Grit for $10 AC.

I had no issues with BTTF on Monday. They looked at my ad, PMed it (needed a manager override), and after the manager left, I presented the coupon which he scanned along with my RZ card, totaled and it came out for $9.99 + tax.

Today, I got denied at one store for Matrix Collection when I tried to get them to PM their website, use the shopkick certificate, then the $5 coupon though it took some persuading to get them to scan it first since they said I would be double dipping by PMing and using the coupon, but it didn't total out as the coupon wouldn't take. I stopped by a different store and had them do the same thing but had them enter the shopkick certificate last and it totaled fine. The clerk was surprised.

A good two months for me in terms of adding blu-rays. Planet Earth (BBC) for $20.65 from Amazon.uk, $20 for 5 movies from BlockBuster, BTTF for $9.99, Avatar: CE for $14.99, and Ultimate Matrix Collection for $19.99.

[quote name='DetroitSportsFan']I got True Grit, Battle: LA, and Drive Angry for $33 + tax.[/QUOTE]

Drive Angry? Sounds like you got ripped off at any price.

[quote name='chatgirl4']For those who used the $5 coupon, did you need your reward zone card?[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't need it.

Got both True Grit and BTTF Trilogy for 20 bucks after PM and two 5 off coupons!
Comes out to 3.33 per BTTF movie!.. Now that's a good deal.

I wonder why all of a sudden BB has new releases MUCH cheaper several weeks later? Or in this case true grit being cheaper a week after it's release?

True Grit was a last minute PM to Target, because the ad actually has it on sale for $18. I wouldn't give them too much credit on having amazing deals heh.

Thanks OP, I used 2 today. I got Ultimate Matrix Collection and BTTF Trilogy. Price matched both and used a coupon each time (didn't even try to buy both at same time) with no problems.

[quote name='ragtop70']Thanks OP, I used 2 today. I got Ultimate Matrix Collection and BTTF Trilogy. Price matched both and used a coupon each time (didn't even try to buy both at same time) with no problems.[/QUOTE]

I am wondering if the UMC has everything from that other dvd box set that came out a few years ago that had like 2 discs for extras for every movie I think or it's just the movies with some of the extras?

Come on Batman Anthology drop down to 29.99 or less at BB!

[quote name='chatgirl4']For those who used the $5 coupon, did you need your reward zone card?[/QUOTE]

No. It's not necessary. Its a coupon you get for making an online purchase, regardless of if you have a reward zone card.

M

BttF rang up at $24.99, but shelf tag said $14.99 so got an easy adjustment plus $5 off coupon. Thanks, OP! (Can't believe the regular DVD set was still $34.99.)

Got the last copy of BTTF at the first BB I visited along with HP Deathly Hallows using the $5 coupon on both. No Avatar at all at that store.

Went to a 2nd BB store and they had like tons of BTTF and Avatar. Couldn't believe my eyes. Tried to use the $5 coupons after successfully getting the customer service rep to pricematch Target but she punches in some numbers off the coupons instead of scanning them and tells me the coupon wouldn't take. I just tell her I'll try another store. Bummed at the inconsistencies store to store.

Was looking into maybe picking up Fight Club using the Fox $3 coupon and the BB $5 coupon. Wondering how likely that would go through?

[quote name='ITDEFX']I am wondering if the UMC has everything from that other dvd box set that came out a few years ago that had like 2 discs for extras for every movie I think or it's just the movies with some of the extras?

Come on Batman Anthology drop down to 29.99 or less at BB![/QUOTE]

It has 6 discs in total. Three are the movies, 1 is Animatrix, and 2 are the extras. One of the discs of extras is 2-sided. I don't know if it's the same as that DVD set or not. Could be though considering blu-rays have more space.

Just used one coupon to pick up True Grit for $9.99 after the coupon, and returned the copy I picked up with the package deal for the old version to get my $13.00 back on that purchase.

Picked up Blu-ray Breaking Bad Seasons 1 & 2 for 9.99 each after coupon. I PM'ed Bestbuy.com for season 1 and they almost would not let me combine it with the coupon until I said it worked for my friends (aka you guys!). So she tried it and it worked. Also picked up The Proposal for 9.99 on Blu-ray for my wife.

Tried to use this on the Foo Fighters Documentary that just came out on Tuesday that is $17.99 and is exclusive to Best Buy for 1 month I think, cashier tried it two different ways and didn't take it so I asked for a manager, I argued that the coupon doesn't say anything about sale items being excluded, the manager said sale prices are considered "offers," such BS, I ended up just giving up and just bought it for $19.xx with Tax.

Only after I left the store did I realize the price tag on the Blu-ray Disc says $19.99 so I'm not going to open it yet and I think on Sunday I'm going to go in and see if it rings up normal price, and if the coupon works I hope I can get it for $14.99 + Tax and return the copy I already bought.

I'm just wondering why the register rejected applying the coupon to it, I'm guessing because it's an exclusive Blu-ray Disc to Best Buy for a month, anyone else have an idea?

Purchased so far.....

Breaking Bad: Season 2 $15 - $5 = $10

Battle: LA $18 - $5 = $13

National Treasure $15 - $5 = $10

Avatar: Collectors Edition $20 - $5 = $15

and many more trips are planned :)

im looking for some good movies to pick up with this coupon, so far many people at choosing
bttf
breaking bad
battle for la
true grit

anything else i should look out for?

[quote name='ILikeMe1337']Tried to use this on the Foo Fighters Documentary that just came out on Tuesday that is $17.99 and is exclusive to Best Buy for 1 month I think, cashier tried it two different ways and didn't take it so I asked for a manager, I argued that the coupon doesn't say anything about sale items being excluded, the manager said sale prices are considered "offers," such BS, I ended up just giving up and just bought it for $19.xx with Tax.

I'm just wondering why the register rejected applying the coupon to it, I'm guessing because it's an exclusive Blu-ray Disc to Best Buy for a month, anyone else have an idea?[/QUOTE]

I believe that music videos are considered to be part of the music department, not the video department. Since this coupon is programmed to be video department-specific, anything that falls under a different one won't count in their registers.

With a regularly priced item, you could probably get away with arguing it out with a manager, but yeah, you're going to have a tough sell on a sale item. Technically, the manager was right, sale prices do fall under "other offers" -- the fact that we've all been getting away with using them with sale prices as much as we have is a testament to how little attention the cashiers pay and Best Buy's failure to program their registers properly, not a sign that it should work with them.

Thanks OP!!

Picked up True Grit (10$ AC), Avatar CE (15$ AC), and Tron (13$ AC) ... walked out with all 3 for around 40$! :) And, man, that Avatar CE is pretty!! :) :) :)

Got first two seasons of Breaking Bad for ten dollars each (and Requiem for a Dream for six dollars - what a deal). Love that the coupon is in effect until the end of July. Saw a few movies on sale, like The Prestige and Insomnia (love me some Christopher Nolan) at fifteen. Will probably finish off my Arrested Development collection as well (ten each). Hopefully the One Piece collection launches for twenty. Good coupon.

Thanks op. I picked up True Grit Blu/DVD/DC for free today with this and 10 reward zone credit. I'm tempted to go back and grab ESPN 30 for 30 while it's on sale for 60.

Manager denied me, Breaking Bad Season 1 at the price listed on the website. At first told me it was a different item, then told me it was online only. Gonna call and complain.

This worked well for me on all 3 seasons of Breaking Bad.

I also picked up Jackass 3.5 Blu-ray (currently Best Buy exclusive) for only $9.99.

so far ive picked up 2 great blu rays.
point break-$10
Timecop/Bloodsport 2 pack-$10
Nothing can beat spending your summer with Keanu, or Van Damme!

just noticed this thread the other day. was able to score fringe season 2 on dvd for 9.99 plus tax after coupon. pretty stoked about this.

Picked up (all BD):
ESPN 30 for 30 $55 (reg.$75, was on sale $60)
Shogun Assassin (30th Anniversary Edition) $10 (reg. $15)
Stand by Me (25 Anniversary Edition) $10 (reg. $15)

[quote name='conebone69']so far ive picked up 2 great blu rays.
point break-$10
Timecop/Bloodsport 2 pack-$10
Nothing can beat spending your summer with Keanu, or Van Damme![/QUOTE]

lol I've never seen point break, *hot fuzz reference*

Best Buy actually has a pretty good selection of $14.99 regularly-priced Blu-rays (they may even be tagged higher in-store, but they'll be $14.99 regular price anyway). Three in particular that I should point out are Out of Sight, Midnight Cowboy, and The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (1974) which are all Best Buy exclusives.

[quote name='conebone69']might have to go get spiderman 1 and 2 tomorrow each are $10 after you use the coupon[/QUOTE]

Good eye. May have to get these myself. Already have Spider-Man 3 on blu.

bread's done
Back