(DEAD) $5 off DVD or Blu-Ray coupon

[quote name='goodbyetonight']Hopefully this works on the Sucker Punch Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack this week. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]No reason it wouldn't as it worked with two items on sale over the past two weeks, True Grit and The Adjustment Bureau.

[quote name='shrike4242']No reason it wouldn't as it worked with two items on sale over the past two weeks, True Grit and The Adjustment Bureau.[/QUOTE]

As well as the Nausicaa set, picked it up today for $14.99 after using the coupon (and before tax).

EDIT: Thanks OP! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fight_the_youth']Shocked no one has used the manufacturer coupons with this coupon

http://www.yearofamillionmoments.com/coupons/

Some Like It Hot 14.99 - 5.00 - 3.00 = 6.99
Fight Club 14.99 - 5.00 - 3.00 = 6.99[/QUOTE]I wanted to do this but my printer ran out of ink and so I wanted to save it on my flash drive but I don't know how and so when I click print coupon again it said I reached the printing max for the coupon but I didn't even print anything, darn it.

[quote name='thesis88']Has anybody used this coupon more than once?[/QUOTE]

Sure, just about anyone who hasn't asked that question has.

M

[quote name='thesis88']Has anybody used this coupon more than once?[/QUOTE]

I used it 4 times and twice in one transaction.

I still can't believe I got the Bond films for $5 each...

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']I used it 4 times and twice in one transaction.

I still can't believe I got the Bond films for $5 each...[/QUOTE]

My caffeine hasn't kicked in yet. How did you get them for $5 each?

[quote name='Twizz']My caffeine hasn't kicked in yet. How did you get them for $5 each?[/QUOTE]

The three-movie box sets were on sale for $19.99 each, coupon took them down to $14.99 each. I don't think they're on sale anymore, though.

[quote name='Twizz']My caffeine hasn't kicked in yet. How did you get them for $5 each?[/QUOTE]Previous deal had the three-movie packs for $20 each, and with the $5 off coupon, it knocked it down to $15.

$5 per movies from the three-movie pack.

[quote name='arcane93']The three-movie box sets were on sale for $19.99 each, coupon took them down to $14.99 each. I don't think they're on sale anymore, though.[/QUOTE]They're not. Back up to $54.99.

[quote name='denze']OMG Awesome, but does it stack? In for Fight Club and Sucker Punch. Thanks for this[/QUOTE]Is there a manufacturer's coupon for Sucker Punch? Or were you just saying that as a non sequitur?

[quote name='shrike4242']No reason it wouldn't as it worked with two items on sale over the past two weeks, True Grit and The Adjustment Bureau.[/QUOTE]

It actually didn't end up working. They did the whole "This is already on sale" thing. -_-

[quote name='goodbyetonight']It actually didn't end up working. They did the whole "This is already on sale" thing. -_-[/QUOTE]

did they even attempt ringing up the coupon? The coupon automatically deducts $5 off, even if the movie is on sale.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']did they even attempt ringing up the coupon? The coupon automatically deducts $5 off, even if the movie is on sale.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it scanned but didn't take the $5 off. Of course, they could have done something so it wouldn't, which wouldn't shock me.

[quote name='goodbyetonight']Yeah, it scanned but didn't take the $5 off. Of course, they could have done something so it wouldn't, which wouldn't shock me.[/QUOTE]

hmmmm...anyone else pick up SuckerPunch with the coupon yet?

[quote name='goodbyetonight']Yeah, it scanned but didn't take the $5 off. Of course, they could have done something so it wouldn't, which wouldn't shock me.[/QUOTE]

Weird. Nausicaa is currently on sale right now and the coupon worked just fine for me.

The discount doesn't show up until they hit the total button. You won't see it right when they scan the coupon, but it should be applied once they hit the button to complete the transaction.

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']I have. It worked.[/QUOTE]

FFFFUUUUUU. My mom tried to use it on Season of the Witch or whatever it's called and it didn't work on that either. I guess the Best Buy I went to is just a big douchenozzle. Note: do not go to Best Buy in the Meriden Mall in CT.

[quote name='goodbyetonight']FFFFUUUUUU. My mom tried to use it on Season of the Witch or whatever it's called and it didn't work on that either. I guess the Best Buy I went to is just a big douchenozzle. Note: do not go to Best Buy in the Meriden Mall in CT.[/QUOTE]

Again... Did you have them hit the total button to total the transaction, or did you give up the moment that they scanned the coupon and nothing happened immediately?

[quote name='arcane93']Again... Did you have them hit the total button to total the transaction, or did you give up the moment that they scanned the coupon and nothing happened immediately?[/QUOTE]

No, they did the whole thing and it came to $24. It's not that big of a deal, just figured I'd let people know in case they wanted to try using the coupon on it. I actually had a problem at that Best Buy before. A few years back they had Madden 09 on clearance for $10 but it rang up as $35 and it took them about 20 minutes to give it to me for the clearance price. :wall:

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']hmmmm...anyone else pick up SuckerPunch with the coupon yet?[/QUOTE]

My cashier scanned it and said it wouldn't work because the movie was already on sale, but then she was able to override the system and I got 5 bucks off.

[quote name='goodbyetonight']FFFFUUUUUU. My mom tried to use it on Season of the Witch or whatever it's called and it didn't work on that either. I guess the Best Buy I went to is just a big douchenozzle. Note: do not go to Best Buy in the Meriden Mall in CT.[/QUOTE]
I used one today At Meriden CT for Sucker punch with no problem they have to hit total or some other key before it takes it off.

[quote name='TheWooz']I used one today At Meriden CT for Sucker punch with no problem they have to hit total or some other key before it takes it off.[/QUOTE]

Ah well, it was either a fail on my part or the cashier derped me. Knowing me, probably the first. *facepalm*. Also, hello fellow Connecticut CAG :D

I picked up Sucker Punch today with the coupon. When they scan the coupon, a popup shows up on their display that says something along the line of "$5 off a bluray or dvd $14.99 or more" and the clerk has to choose 'yes' for the amount to deduct.

Went through without a hitch here locally.

Used this twice in two different transactions today. First I went to customer service & I price matched Goemon blu ray Walmart online ad I printed out, it was $27 at BestBuy but the manager came over to override it to the Walmart price of $15. Then I handed the $5 coupon and the lady was like it might not get combined, but the very second she finished that sentence & scanned the coupon, it worked and it $5 off, lol. So I paid like $11 and change for Goemon blu ray. YMMV.

Then with a second $5 coupon, I just grabbed Sucker Punch EE and went to the regular cash register this time around. Everything went smoothly.

Will go back tomorrow to see if I can get Fight Club using this $5 coupon and that $3 coupon, we shall see.

[quote name='goodbyetonight']Ah well, it was either a fail on my part or the cashier derped me. Knowing me, probably the first. *facepalm*. Also, hello fellow Connecticut CAG :D[/QUOTE]No, it was the second one.

As others have stated, the cashier has to accept the package price that the coupon makes, as it'll ask them if they want to accept it. All they need to do is press Yes and it'll work without issue.

I'd suggest going back again and not let the cashier derp you.

Half the time it seems like the cashiers don't even know how it works (so it's not necessarily intentional when they "derp" you), and they're surprised when the coupon works at the end. I don't know whether they don't encounter coupons often, or whether Best Buy hires cashiers with particularly short attention spans, or what the deal is. Regardless, when any deal at Best Buy doesn't seem to be coming up on the register (some other promotions besides coupons work like this too), always make sure that they've gone all the way through the transaction process, up to and including hitting the total button, before letting them give up and tell you it won't work.

As long as the price of the BR you are trying to buy is greater than $14.99 when the coupon is scanned, the system will automatically take $5 off when the cashier hits total. As long as the cashier hits total it will work everytime. The system itself doesn't detect if the title is "on sale" so it would be up to the cashier to refuse the coupon.

[quote name='arcane93']Half the time it seems like the cashiers don't even know how it works (so it's not necessarily intentional when they "derp" you), and they're surprised when the coupon works at the end. I don't know whether they don't encounter coupons often, or whether Best Buy hires cashiers with particularly short attention spans, or what the deal is. Regardless, when any deal at Best Buy doesn't seem to be coming up on the register (some other promotions besides coupons work like this too), always make sure that they've gone all the way through the transaction process, up to and including hitting the total button, before letting them give up and tell you it won't work.[/QUOTE]I think it's a case that they don't run into coupons that often that aren't a manufacturer coupon, which is a completely different situation than a scanable coupon.

Though, all they should need to do is scan, read, and hit "Yes" and then everyone is happy.

[quote name='BillyBob29']As long as the price of the BR you are trying to buy is greater than $14.99 when the coupon is scanned, the system will automatically take $5 off when the cashier hits total. As long as the cashier hits total it will work everytime. The system itself doesn't detect if the title is "on sale" so it would be up to the cashier to refuse the coupon.[/QUOTE]The only thing I've found to defeat one of these coupons is a package deal with the purchase of two items that provides a discount on both items. That seems to kill the coupon from coming up and discounting it, as I think the register is treating the coupon like a package deal on the purchase, and you can only have one of those per transaction.

[quote name='shrike4242']The only thing I've found to defeat one of these coupons is a package deal with the purchase of two items that provides a discount on both items. That seems to kill the coupon from coming up and discounting it, as I think the register is treating the coupon like a package deal on the purchase, and you can only have one of those per transaction.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this statement 100%.

When I bought The Adjustment Bureau and The Eagle it gave me the $10 off for buying both on blu but did not count the coupons.

Same thing when I bought The Warrior's Way and Season Of The Witch (don't ask) gave me the $10 off but not the coupons.

In order to get the coupons to work you have to get a manager to override and add the coupons with the discount. I was able to get a $10 GC for AB & The Eagle and I may go back and ask try to get one for SOW and WW. Not to worried about it because I'm happy to be able to use the coupon with no issues.

[quote name='shrike4242']I think it's a case that they don't run into coupons that often that aren't a manufacturer coupon, which is a completely different situation than a scanable coupon.[/QUOTE]

The funny thing is that Best Buy sends out those 10% off coupons fairly regularly (just got some in the mail the other day, in fact), and those work the same way. You would think that anyone who has worked there for any significant amount of time would have encountered them. Yet come in with a different coupon, and suddenly they're confused and don't know what to do.

I used this coupon twice yesterday with no problems. First on the LOTR EE set. Sale price $69.99 - $5 = $64.99 + Tax $4.55 = $69.54. Like the previous poster stated, saved me tax basically.

Second use was on the Fight Club Blu Ray. I went to the Customer Service desk this time because I also had the manufacturer $3.00 coupon and I wanted to see if I could use both coupons on the same thing. She had to call someone to check, but it seemed to be ok. So Sale Price $14.99 - $5 BB coupon = $9.99 + Tax $ 0.70 = $10.69 - $3 Manufacturer coupon = $7.69.

FYI: If you notice, they are taking the $5 coupon off first, then doing tax (at least in my state). I know that can vary from state to state.

Season 5 of Psych will be $19.99 this sunday,with the coupon it will be $14.99 to anyone that interested or is a fan of the show

[quote name='joker______']Season 5 of Psych will be $19.99 this sunday,with the coupon it will be $14.99 to anyone that interested or is a fan of the show[/QUOTE]
Plus, it comes with a coupon good for $10 off any season of Psych, Royal Pains, Covert Affairs, and one other USA show (possibly White collar)

Tried to use the coupon on Sucker Punch at New Tampa Best Buy, was denied by cashier. After calling customer relations, they told me the same thing, even offering to send me a $5 gift card for when the Bluray returns to regular pricing (which I wouldn't even do since it shoots up to $30 next week).
I called the store and asked someone else and they said the same thing. I think I am done shopping there. I hate that store and something always comes up when I go there :(

bread's done
Back