(DEAD) $5 off DVD or Blu-Ray coupon

Also praying that Monty Python and the Holy Grail comes out on blu before the coupon expires for a list of $14.99. That would have epic win written all over it. Sadly, there's still no time frame for when that comes out.

I haven't seen this thread before and I guess I've been losing a lot o money recently. :lol:

Stupid question: do you really have to print this coupon or can you just show it on your phone screen and they would type in the SKU?

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']
The prices on these three-packs of Bond movies are so ridiculously good ($5 per film) they almost deserve their own thread.[/QUOTE]

Wish someone had heard you. I'm a huge Bond fan and missed this amazing deal. D'oh!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='EeK85']I haven't seen this thread before and I guess I've been losing a lot o money recently. :lol:

Stupid question: do you really have to print this coupon or can you just show it on your phone screen and they would type in the SKU?

Wish someone had heard you. I'm a huge Bond fan and missed this amazing deal. D'oh![/QUOTE]

you might get the phone thing to work,b ut if you get a cashier that says they dont accept the coupon, a lot harder to say "Just scan it to see if anything comes off.". Cashiers may argue they cant accept the coupon on sale items and say it wont work, but it actually does.

[quote name='Shan82']Anything good to use this on this week? :D[/QUOTE]
Nightmare Before Christmas BD/DVD is $19.99 right now; picked it up for $15 after coupon. Probably the best deal you will ever find on this movie.

Had success using the coupon on the phone once and have had it turned down once, cashier said they had to have it printed to be able to put in their register or whatever.

wow, I like this coupon..ignored this thread for a couple days, then read about Stand By Me for $10 on the last page, and had to try it out. Print out worked fine, awesome! Thanks OP!!

[quote name='DKRobbie']Anyone else encountering the link not working/freezing up??[/QUOTE]

I just tried it, and it worked fine for me. Maybe Acrobat Reader just crashed on you? It does that fairly often for me (usually when I have too many PDFs open at once), when it happens you have to go into Task Manager and kill the process so that it can restart fresh.

Though honestly, I'm amazed that Best Buy hasn't killed the link by now. They can't have planned on this becoming as widespread as it has (I've wondered who this coupon was actually intended for -- I haven't seen it listed anywhere other than on forum posts like this). I downloaded a copy to my hard drive a while ago to be safe -- that way if they kill the link but not the coupon itself, I'll still have it.

[quote name='DKRobbie']Anyone else encountering the link not working/freezing up??[/QUOTE]Right-click on the link and do a "Save As", so it'll just save the file to your PC and not bring up Acrobat Reader (or whatever program you use for PDF files).

Maybe not quite the "right price" for a catalog title, but The Island (Ewan McGregor, Scarlett Johansson) is coming out this week for $19.99 pre-coupon.

[quote name='Jodou']Nightmare Before Christmas BD/DVD is $19.99 right now; picked it up for $15 after coupon. Probably the best deal you will ever find on this movie.[/QUOTE]

Agreed 100%. I ordered it off amazon last month when it was $17.xx, and don't regret it one bit. In fact with Cali/LA sales tax, it would've been about the same. But definitely people, pick this up now for $14.99 + tax if you have any interest at all.

So glad I made about 50 copies of this coupon when it was first posted!

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']you might get the phone thing to work,b ut if you get a cashier that says they dont accept the coupon, a lot harder to say "Just scan it to see if anything comes off.". Cashiers may argue they cant accept the coupon on sale items and say it wont work, but it actually does.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pandarus']Had success using the coupon on the phone once and have had it turned down once, cashier said they had to have it printed to be able to put in their register or whatever.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Guess I should make some copies just to be sure. :D

LOL - I did the same thing as all of you. When I saw the coupon, I thought "No way they leave this up for a month and a half". I have a copy safe on my HD. I carry about 5 of them in my mini sleeve at all times, just in case I run into a BB.

this will also get you modern family season1 on dvd or bluray for 19.99 +tax. so I bit and picked it up on bluray. this coupon is really adding to my television show backlog.

[quote name='arcane93']Though honestly, I'm amazed that Best Buy hasn't killed the link by now. They can't have planned on this becoming as widespread as it has (I've wondered who this coupon was actually intended for -- I haven't seen it listed anywhere other than on forum posts like this). I downloaded a copy to my hard drive a while ago to be safe -- that way if they kill the link but not the coupon itself, I'll still have it.[/QUOTE]
I'm not so sure. Remember that Target did the same thing back during Christmas '09 and we raped them, too. All I know is I'll be sad when the coupon dies again.

[quote name='Jodou']I'm not so sure. Remember that Target did the same thing back during Christmas '09 and we raped them, too. All I know is I'll be sad when the coupon dies again.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I even used that coupon. I was too busy using the "Buy any MS 360 hardware, get a 1600 points card free" on $5 copies of Tomb Raider Legend and getting free $20 points cards. I still have over $150 worth of points left over from that ;)

[quote name='Shan82']Anything good to use this on this week? :D[/QUOTE]

You kidding?

Unknown and The Adjustment Bureau are two major releases this week, and are well-worth it, especially The Adjustment Bureau.

[quote name='GreyFox787']You kidding?

Unknown and The Adjustment Bureau are two major releases this week, and are well-worth it, especially The Adjustment Bureau.[/QUOTE]I laughed. Both of those are terrible movies. Adjustment Bureau is laughably bad.

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']I laughed. Both of those are terrible movies. Adjustment Bureau is laughably bad.[/QUOTE]

really? been wanting to see Unknown.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']really? been wanting to see Unknown.[/QUOTE]Save your money for The Lincoln Lawyer and Source Code next month. At least those were semi-decent.

Yeah right, I don't know how Source Code got the praise it did. I was incredibly bored after figuring out the twist maybe 30 minutes into the movie.

$5 coupons didn't stack with the $10 package savings when trying to buy The Eagle and Adjustment Bureau at the same time. The coupons wouldn't discount off the discounted items from the package deal.

Has anyone seen how much Louie Season 1 is instore? The website has the DVD for $25 and the Blu Ray for $35. The thing is it is a combo pack so I don't see why it would be priced differently since they both have the same thing other than different cases. I'd like to use the coupon on it if possible.

[quote name='AshesofWake']on the website it says not available in store last time i checked :(. but iff you have a Fry's near you it's $20 this week.[/QUOTE]

If you're responding to my Louie question, there are plenty in the Cleveland area when I check the stores online. You might want to check again if you're looking for it.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']If you're responding to my Louie question, there are plenty in the Cleveland area when I check the stores online. You might want to check again if you're looking for it.[/QUOTE]

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Louie:+...?id=2211491&skuId=19223364&st=louie&lp=4&cp=1

doesn't give me the option to check stores? either way both versions are the same that you mentioned. both are a flipper disc dvd one side and blu ray one side from what i've read everywhere. it's just one comes in a blu ray case and the other in a dvd case. either way, i went ahead and ordered it off of amazon since i had credit. $$25 shipped. though i am bummed they have it on a flipper disc :(

edit: oh i see there's two different listings, http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Louis:+...493&skuId=2683789&st=louie season 1&lp=1&cp=1

thats the one i can check, but oh well, already ordered...

Just managed to get the DVD cased version for $20 at Best Buy w/ the coupon. Suppose I would have rather got the Blu Ray case, but I guess I'll take the few bucks savings over Amazon. It seems the Blu Ray case version is hard to find at retail.

I stopped by tonight and picked up the first two Narnia movies and Surrogates on Blu-ray for $9.99 each after using the coupons. That's the cheapest I've ever seen the Narnia movies.

Scott

Inception for 14.99 and/or The Incredibles for 14.99 as well with coupon. Picking these guys up tomorrow.

Also Spiderman tril for $34.99 after coupon. Amazon has it for $30.49

How does this coupon work with sale items? It says mark down off regular price, has anyone who used this coupon on sale item and get the mark down on the sale price?

[quote name='Vash1306']How does this coupon work with sale items? It says mark down off regular price, has anyone who used this coupon on sale item and get the mark down on the sale price?[/QUOTE]

guess you havent read through all the posts in the topic.

Easy answer: Yes

It says its not to work on sale items but it still takes the price off. As long as the sale price isnt below $14.99.

[quote name='fishwaterjohn']Not valid on any BestBuy.com order, including store pickup......[/QUOTE]Use it in-store. Not that tough to figure out.

[quote name='Vash1306']How does this coupon work with sale items? It says mark down off regular price, has anyone who used this coupon on sale item and get the mark down on the sale price?[/QUOTE]I did have it work on two sale items (True Grit from last week's sale, The Adjustment Bureau from this week's sale). The coupon did not work when I was trying to buy The Adjustment Bureau and The Eagle on Tuesday, which have a $10 package discount for buying both items on the same purchase.

Oddly enough, I had the same cashier last night that I had Tuesday afternoon when I tried to buy both items. He started to argue with me about the coupon working on The Adjustment Bureau, though I corrected him and told him that the package discount on both movies was why it didn't work previously. Worked without issue on just the single movie without the package discount.

So, it'll work on sale items though not on a "double dip" between a package discount and the coupon's discount.

[quote name='neocisco']Hopefully this will work with the $84 price on LOTR EE next week.[/QUOTE]

I'm sticking with my Amazon pre-order. Best Buy dropped it to $69.99, but with the coupon I still have $5 tax. I'm just avoiding the hassle with Amazon since they dropped to $69.99 to match BB.

EDIT: Although, I just looked it up on BB.com. If they have that One Ring in-store for $10 more, maybe I will go for BB w/ coupon...

No Louie s1 in either the BD or DVD TV sections but found the DVD-case version on the New Release wall. Shame about the DVD case; I guess it can go on the shelf next to your DVD-case Funimation BD/DVD combo sets.

Also bought Disneynature Crimson Wings (BD/DVD combo) for $10 a/c, $5 less than I expected. The shelf tag said it was on sale for $19.99, but it looks like it's actually on sale for $14.99 on the website. Nice surprise.

I've been using this for the past 2 weeks. One of the CRAZIEST times is when i used it to get the 7 Disc Matrix Collection Boxset for $24.99!! Then i used it to get the Back to the Future Triology for $9.99.

Everybody go back and get price adjustments now.

Nausicaa BR is currently 19.99 on the BB site... I'm definitely getting this.
I hope the instore price reflects the price online @_@.

[quote name='kyrhon']Nausicaa BR is currently 19.99 on the BB site... I'm definitely getting this.
I hope the instore price reflects the price online @_@.[/QUOTE]It normally does.

[quote name='kyrhon']Nausicaa BR is currently 19.99 on the BB site... I'm definitely getting this.
I hope the instore price reflects the price online @_@.[/QUOTE]

It is, bought this last week too for $14.99

bread's done
Back