[DEAD again!!!] Megaman NT, WarioWorld, 1080 Avalanche at $9.99 + $10 GV at EB

Hmm, two days of no 1080, wonder if they have any left?

It looks as if almost everyone has got what they wanted as there were only a few posts today about the sale. My wife finally got me the Wario World deal yesterday as I'm always at work when this happens. Unfortunately, 1080 wasn't offered which I also would have given $10 for.

I hope EB continues sales like this as it gives everyone a fair chance to get a copy of what you want. I hate seeing 500 copies of a game gone in 1 hr because the E-Bay sellers buy 20 copies at a time. Plus, it's kind of fun trying to get in on deals, if only I was home at these times.

I missed it also today. I saw it for $30 and kept checking, but it was still $30. Then I come back a little while later to see they are all sold out. I want 1080 more though, so I'm hoping they will get both tommorow.

Anyone looking for Megaman: Transmissions, I wouldn't bother. It's a pretty bad game, imo. 1080 and Wario on the otherhand, are pretty damn good.

if your a fan of Megaman games, MM:NT is worthy purchase .. like other MM games it is old school..which means patience is a virtue :D

Grabbed MegaMan, and suprisingly found a used copy of Philosoma for the PSX while looking for coupon code fodder. HOORAY!

[quote name='tcrash247']Is this MegaMan game any good? I kinda want it, but I don't know how it is.[/quote]

Well you better decide quick, because you don't have much time. I don't think I could pay 10 for this, since I have seen it for 7.48 at Target many times.

[quote name='tcrash247']Is this MegaMan game any good? I kinda want it, but I don't know how it is.[/quote]

as a MM fan I thought this one was okay, nothing too special. Although I did invest 20+ hrs into it :shock: :shock:

MMNT went from 21 to 0 in something like 5-6 minutes. Yeah.

EB should put a limit of 1-2 max per EB account on blatantly cheap new games. It would give them the ability to create more goodwill among more customers.

[quote name='mr. filet mignon 5000, es']MMNT went from 21 to 0 in something like 5-6 minutes. Yeah.

EB should put a limit of 1-2 max per EB account on blatantly cheap new games. It would give them the ability to create more goodwill among more customers.[/quote]

Because there's absolutely no way that 20 seperate customers checked out in the same five minute time span. Especially on a web site as obscure as EB Games.

/heavy on the sarcasm

Hey man, sure it's a possibility, particularly with deals like this. It did take about 10 minutes to go from 24-21 copies, though.

Does my point not make sense otherwise? Is sarcasm the biggest gun you've got, and the first one you pull out?

[quote name='mr. filet mignon 5000, es']Hey man, sure it's a possibility, particularly with deals like this. It did take about 10 minutes to go from 24-21 copies, though.[/quote]

All the more reason for them to disappear in one fell swoop. People were logged on and ordering.

Since quantity is so limited, it would be hard for someone to pop on and order a bunch. Unless EB allows you to order more than they have listed in stock and then just doesn't charge you for copies they don't have. Example: see 7 in stock, go to order 5, by the time you get to check out, available stock is only 3.

Regardless of how it's handled, these things always go fast.

[quote name='mr. filet mignon 5000, es']Does my point not make sense otherwise? Is sarcasm the biggest gun you've got, and the first one you pull out?[/quote]

Wow, if this is how you plan to respond, I see a short, painful life for you on CAG. Chill out.

You took offense as easily as I did, at nothing but an observation. I'm as chill as the morning dew.

And my life on CAG is longer than yours is, as little as that matters (read: not at all, I welcome newcomers and am glad to have been welcomed here). I hope you're done with this.

Good get on the Philosoma. Thanks for noticing it, I may pick it up too. :)

[quote name='mr. filet mignon 5000, es']You took offense as easily as I did, at nothing but an observation. I'm as chill as the morning dew.
[/quote]

No he didn't.

peteyrose, please see the first response to what I wrote. Sarcasm is a small response to bigger things. It's dismissive and simple. I'm just trying to be as amicable about it as I can, after seeing how PsyClerk took my response.

I still stand behind what my first post said, I still think it was germane to the topic (particularly in the light of observations others were making about fast stock movement), I still think the response was undeserved, but hey, I'm also still as chill as the morning dew, and I'm done with the off-topic discussion in which others have taken it (for which I'll just go ahead and apologize anyway), unless others want more from me than that. S'all good, man.

For the record, I didn't take offense. I did see the opportunity to make a sarcastic remark, though, so I took it. It was in response to what I percieved to be whining about not getting in on a deal. That has been discussed previously.

Regardless, 'humor/sarcasm/smart-ass post' opportunity overrides all other things, so there you go. Why? Because I'm bored at work. For all I know, it was not a whine but a comment and you actually got in on the deal.

Back on topic: Why is 1080 Snowboarding sought after? Is it good or is just the allure of a new $10 game?

Thanks for clearing that up. I got in on one copy of MMNT, and watched afterwards how fast it disappeared.

I got 1080 Avalanche a couple weeks ago for $20. It arrived last week, and I haven't opened it yet, but I bought it because people said it was less arcadey than SSX3 - more on the realistic side and less about crazy, huge tricks. I thought 1080 on N64 was extremely fun back in the day, so I figured at $20 I couldn't go wrong. $10 would have been nicer, so I guess that's one thing that went "wrong." :)

[quote name='PsyClerk']
Back on topic: Why is 1080 Snowboarding sought after? Is it good or is just the allure of a new $10 game?[/quote]

I think it's because at the time, 1080 on N64 was the top Snowboard game. Most considered it the best until SSX came along. I don't think most people wanted the 1080 Avalanche because SSX 3 came out at the same time but now that it's $10, people want to get it because it was one of those "wait until it drops in price" type games.

[quote name='PsyClerk']For the record, I didn't take offense. I did see the opportunity to make a sarcastic remark, though, so I took it. It was in response to what I percieved to be whining about not getting in on a deal. That has been discussed previously.

Regardless, 'humor/sarcasm/smart-ass post' opportunity overrides all other things, so there you go. Why? Because I'm bored at work. For all I know, it was not a whine but a comment and you actually got in on the deal.

Back on topic: Why is 1080 Snowboarding sought after? Is it good or is just the allure of a new $10 game?[/quote]

After personally plaing it I'm leaning towards the allure of a new cheap game :)

[quote name='guyver2077']guys for the rebate i know you need the pack in slip but do i need the actual proof of purchase of the games? im not cutting that out[/quote]

Thanks guyver, that's what I was planning on doing. It's ridiculous for them to request the box art UPC's. It's an ebgames.com voucher and the games were bought from ebgames.com...why the heck would they need all this proof of purchase? They should know who bought what from them! I'm sending copies of the UPC with the original packing slip.

Just got my Wario World today in the mail... God now I can see why EB was so anxious to rid themselves of it for $10 and Best Buy at $5...

So if I send in the packing slip and a printout of my reciept, and perhaps even copies of the UPCs do you think I will get the $10? It specifically says original UPCs.

Well, I think this deal is finally truly dead. Wario World made it through the whole day at $29.99. Thanks OP for this deal, I managed to get in on it on the last day, after repeated attempts.

Megaman and Wario have been at $29.99 for almost a week now without changing. oh well, good sale while it lasted.

I just received my copies of Wario World and 1080 - is it just me, or does it look to be recelophaned copies? There was no sticker strip (is there on Gamecube games? I can't recall?) and the celophane looked cheap and overly thin.

The contents inside were mint as could be and the inserts were there so for all i know, it's kosher - but if it was opened, then rewrapped, selling it as 'new' isn't right. (as I open the new/used debate flood gates once more...).

Though, for $10 a pop, cheaper if i slice UPCs, well, eh - can't complain! Too much anyway :)

The 1080 I ordered came in factory sealed. Surprisingly fun game too.

If the game you received was sealed in tight cellophane wraping, you can bet it is new. You can tell the difference between a new game and a re-shrinkwrapped one.

Some Gamecube games come straight from the factory with the thin shrinkwrap. Unfortunately, it makes it impossible to tell if the game is factory sealed or not. I wish Nintendo would have used those sticker strips like on PS2 and Xbox games because if you go into any store and look at the Gamecube games, you will see that many games all have that thin shrinkwrap. Like at Best Buy, I saw about 6 copies of Agressive Inline and all had the thin shrinkwrap.

The ones with thin shrinkwrap that I've bought has small holes on the front cover. The ones I've bought from EB resealed has been a thicker shrinkwrap without the small holes.

bread's done
Back